• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 2,176 Views, 23 Comments

Courtin' Trouble - xInspiredxOptimismx



Applejack is courted by two familiar unicorns.

  • ...
3
 23
 2,176

Decision and Regret

Applejack stood in front of the two colts. The sun was rising behind her as the new day dawned. She knew she had to chose one of them.

Word was already spreading that she was being courted by two colts. She even got a letter from Celestia making a suggestion.

But, this was all on her, and she knew it.

"... Now, ya'll two know ya've been doin' some hard work on the farm. At the start of this whole thing, I didn't expect either of ya to last past a day. But, here we are. An' ... to be honest ... to me that shows ya actually are TRYIN' to be the best colt Sweet Apple Acres ... I mean, I, can have."

She looked from one to the other. "Granted, I think one of ya is more trustworthy than the other -" Her eyes stayed on Flim, who only smirked. What did he have to worry about, after all?

"Much as it pains me to chose between ya two, I guess I gotta, huh? Can't have ya both tryin' to marry me!"

She took in a deep breath. "An' ... I chose ... Trenderhoof. Sorry, Flim. Ain't nothin' personal. We'll I guess it is. We've got some bad history, ya and me. I don't think I could get past that."

Well, that was a deflate to the ego. Flim had been CERTAIN the name to fall from her lips would be his! Oh well, he had his ace in the hoof. "Ah, no hard feelings, dearest Applejack. Shall I take my leave?" He eyes locked on hers, and she felt a cold shiver run down her spine.

"U-uhh ... yeah. Thank ya." Why did she get the feeling she had just made a huge mistake?

---

The next few days were somewhat fun. She half expected Trenderhoof to head off back to writing now that he was officially her special somepony, but he stayed on the farm, helping with the chores as though he enjoyed it.

And he did enjoy it. He was working with the pony he cared for and he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

But, something was off. Despite her sending him away, Flim was staying around Ponyville. Flam was nowhere to be seen most of the time, and when he was seen, Pinkie Pie was usually at his side, poking and prodding him. Trend was certain he had fled back to wherever they came from after a few days.

But, Flim stayed around. And, he didn't like that one bit.

---

Applejack had noticed Flim around as well. A week passed and she headed to speak to him. What was keeping him in Ponyville?

---

Just as Flim thought. Applejack was coming to him. Oh, this was perfect.

He sat in his hotel room, idly looking over receipts and such as a knock came to the door.

"Come in~" He sang out, not at all surprised when the golden earth pony entered.

"Flim? Are ya settin' up shop in Ponyville?" There was no hiding the slight aggravation in her voice. If he was setting up some kind of shop, odds were it would be something to scam the residents.

"You could say that. I'm actually looking to get my hooves on some land."

"Land? There ain't no land available in Ponyville. Less ya want near the Everfree forest."

"Oh, no? I've been looking over these maps from Canterlot." He put the receipts away and lay a map across the table. "This bit of land isn't owned by anypony."

"Yes it is!" What he pointed to was a vast section of Sweet Apple Acres! "The Apples own that land!"

"Oh? Not according to public record. Apparently that land was never really put into the Apple name. Its free to purchase." A slight sneer spread across Flim's face. "Oh! Didn't you know?"

"N-no! Ya can't buy that land! Our best apple trees are planted there! And that land is where the zap apples grow!"

"Oh! Really? Hmmm, imagine the cider I could make with those apples ..."

"Flim! Please!"

"I'm sorry, Applejack. Maybe if you had chosen me I wouldn't be so bitter~"

Comments ( 12 )

Wanting her hand? Shouldn't that be hoof?

4262429
Lol, that was my screw up. I was writing the description half asleep and kept forgetting to change it.

4262429
Lol, that was my screw up. I was writing the description half asleep and kept forgetting to change it.

This is a really good fimfic!!!! You could say its :rainbowkiss:

NO!!! Why did you end it there!?

Poor AJ :ajsleepy: now thats hard choose him or lose the farm land! I LOVE THIS STORY!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

This story is great! Please add more chapters soon :pinkiehappy:

When's the next update?! :flutterrage:

Wow Flim sooooooooooooooo EVIL pour AJ:applecry:

Good story though:ajsmug:

Please update :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment