• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 2,175 Views, 23 Comments

Courtin' Trouble - xInspiredxOptimismx



Applejack is courted by two familiar unicorns.

  • ...
3
 23
 2,175

Breakfast Challenege

"You sure its suppose to be that ... brown?"

"Well, maybe not THAT brown. I've seen so many apple pies ... I think thats right?"

"What? You go to all these places and you never pick up recipes? Some traveler you are."

"And you're saying YOU have apple pie recipes?"

"May I direct your attention to my cutie mark?"

"Its really an apple slice? I assumed you painted that on your flank or something. I thought your cutie mark would be a dollar sign or something and you covered it up with an apple slice."

Flim and Trenderhoof were looking over the fruits of their labor. So far, breakfast was a bust. They had tried oats and milk, only to find the milk had soured. This next idea had come from Trenderhoof, who insisted he could make an apple pie. However, the mixture was a dark dark brown. Not the soft brown they both usually saw. This was more like mud mixed with wood. It wasn't right at all and they both knew it.

"Ugh, I think I'm going to just cut up some fruit. A nice fruit plate will do wonders." Flim used his magic to lift the knife, only to see a kind of judging stare come from Trenderhoof. "What?"

"You're trying to win the hand of an EARTH pony. Don't you think AJ would be happier if you ..." He stopped. WHY was he helping Flim? They were both trying to win over the same girl. "Never mind. Just do what you want to do." He turned back to his pie. He could fix it ... it tasted alright. Maybe a bit to much cinnamon. But he could fix that with another apple or two. Make a fat pie.

"Ya'll are both awful at this." It was Apple Bloom. She sat at the table watching the two unicorns. "The fruit thing is a good idea. Pie, not so much. Applejack won't let me have pie for breakfast. If ya made some kinda crumble with oats, that woulda been a better choice."

Flim smirked, obviously proud of himself and his choice.

Trenderhoof looked around. "T-this is for later. Just making it now as a surprise?" He offered the last bit weakly.

Apple Bloom giggled. "I like ya, Trendy. I hope Applejack picks ya!"

"No one asked you, kid." Flim said, obviously displeased now.

"Well, its clear ya don't feel nothin' fer her. Even I can see that. If ya really cared about Applejack and WANTED to be her special somepony, ya'd look at her with hearts in yer eyes, not dollar signs."

Flim stared at the filly. How was she so ... perceptive? He looked at Trenderhoof, who in turn, glared at him.

Great, if this kept up ... everyone would catch onto his plan. He needed to think of something else ... and fast.