• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 2,175 Views, 23 Comments

Courtin' Trouble - xInspiredxOptimismx



Applejack is courted by two familiar unicorns.

  • ...
3
 23
 2,175

The Fellas

((This chapter and the next chapter will be fairly short.))

"I say, Flim."

"Why, yes, Flam?"

"Do you think that fellow stands a chance?"

"Not at all! If he couldn't win her heart before, what could he possibly have to offer now?"

Trenderhoof glared at the twins. "I'm sorry, have I done something to offend you?"

"Yes." Flim responded, all merriment gone from his voice. "Several things. For one, you're blocking the door - that's rude. Two, you think you stand a chance with Applejack. Three, you're making my plans harder to work with. Four, you're articles have been going downhill since last year."

"Brother!" Flam said, eyes wide. "You mentioned the plans!" He hissed at his brother's ear, who in turn, hissed back. "Oh, he won't catch that bit. If anything he'll think its my plans to court A.J. that he's messed with."

"Well, from what I've heard about you two, I'd say I stand a better chance. Applejack wrote of you two in her last letter to me."

Flim froze and stared. "She ... writes you?"

"Yes. We exchange letters here and there. Which, I believe is more than you do with her."

Flim's eyes narrowed and he slammed his bits down on the counter of the inn. "Two rooms ..." He muttered, getting the keys and slamming one at Flam, who took it, a bit confused. He followed his brother soon after leaving Trenderhoof alone in the lobby.

"... I've got to figure out what those two are up to ..." He muttered to himself, getting his own room key and heading off.