• Published 1st Nov 2011
  • 1,141 Views, 3 Comments

The Unbreakable Bonds of Friendship - BlueAzura



Learning just how powerful friendship is... proves to be difficult to a certain pony.

  • ...
 3
 1,141

Chapter 00:The End?

Notes: This is my first fanfic ever and it might have a lot of grammar errors so I apologize in advance. English is not my strong points and my stories making skills could be on the weaker side as well. However, I will attempt to make this story great and rewarding.

Little warning: It might look really grim at the beginning, but it gets better along the way.

Enjoy!


Disclaimer:

“My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” and its derivatives are the sole intellectual property of Hasbro. I do not have, nor claim to have, the rights to the intellectual property that this story is based on.


Equestria... Land that everyone will agree it to be many things, such as: beauty, grace, prosperity, happiness, and the most important of all, peace. Its home for many creatures, from a small baby mouse, to huge ferocious dragons, and somewhere in the middle... were ponies.

In this utopia however, a pony let out a small painful moan before quickly regaining consciousness. Twilight Sparkle's eyes fluttered open before snapping shut again, as she felt the pain course through her body once more. She lay there for a few seconds, for what felt like hours, and opened her eyes once more.

With a small painful grunt, she slowly lifted her head and took in the scene before her, with a look of pure horror. Her eyes grew wide as they reflected back the image of which she would've never believed could happen, even in her worst possible nightmares. The land before her was dark, soulless, devoid of all life, and engulfed in a sea of flames. The pony couldn't comprehend the fact that this was Equestria and not some horrible land straight out of hell. While she was trying to understand the sight before her, she heard a small whimper to her left. Turning, she saw, with a fresh wave of sorrow, all five of her friends lay, unconscious, with signs of injuries on their bodies, but still alive. Taking a closer look, she saw five of the six Elements of Harmony lying shattered, colorless, and almost unrecognizable on the ground. Her own element lay; half buried in the ground, but was still intact.

Small sniffling reached Twilight's ears making her look to her right. Princess Luna laid there, tears running down the side of her face, letting out the occasional sob. Taking her eyes off the crying princess, she brought her eyes up at the other princess sitting next to her. Princess Celestia leaned into Luna, with one wing folded over the shivering alicorn, trying to comfort her crying sister. Twilight's mentor looked up and gazed at her star pupil, meeting their eyes. Twilight was taken aback when she saw her teacher's eyes, because she has never seen them filled with so much sadness before now. She wanted to say something, to comfort her, to tell her that everything was going to be alright. But before she could do anything however, Celestia took her eyes off Twilight's and craned her neck into the night sky. Following her stare, the unicorn looked up, and saw the monsters that caused the destruction of her beloved home. In the night sky, illuminated by the fire, with a sickly red and orange glow, stood another pair of alicorns on a large cloud. Twilight watched the two ponies in pure rage, as a red tinge slowly formed around her field of vision. Her anger felt justified for many reasons: they destroyed her home; broke her mentor's will to live, and more importantly they had hurt her friends.

The unicorn began concentrating, willing her magic to come forth and destroy the evil standing above her. She felt nothing... Her magic was gone... Twilight let out a yell of frustration, pounding her hooves into the ground, her eyes tightly shut, fresh tears now flowing out. One of the alicorns on the cloud let out a maniacal laugh at the sight of the purple unicorn. She leaned in closer to her partner and whispered.

"Do it."

The other alicorn gave a short nod before taking a step closer to the edge of the cloud. There was a low rumbling, as the ground started to shake, causing Twilight to stop and stare up back at the pair. The alicorn had her eyes closed as she began to concentrate, the shaking increasing, until a thick red aura started to appear around the alicorn. The aura became thicker and thicker, until she let out a roar, opening her eyes into the night sky. As she roared, the aura peeled off and started to converge at the tip of her horn, forming a giant blood-red sphere. Twilight and Celestia both gasped, as the sphere of pure magic started to grow.

So much magic! How in Celestia's mane is she still able to have that much power after fighting us!?

Twilight thought to herself as she watched, with her mouth slightly opened in horror.

We never stood a chance against her!

The sphere continued to grow, until it slowed down and finally stopped. However, by now it has grown so large, that you could fit five of Ponyville inside it easily!

Twilight gave the look of being confused as the massive sphere started to shrink.

"What the..."

It continued to do this, already half its size now, while sending out a pulse of light every now and then. Twilight's thoughts were interrupted when Celestia spoke in a low voice.

"She is compressing all of the magic into a smaller, even more deadly attack."

She said, giving Twilight a look of sadden defeat.

"If she unleashes all of the magic at once, Equestria will be wiped off the face of the earth!"

Twilight's heart sank at this information, looking back up at the sphere. There was a final pulse, as the now compressed magic became the size of a large apple. It no longer gave off a red color, but now shined pure white.

The alicorn gave one final look back at the group below, before rising up on her hind legs, preparing to launch the sphere.

Twilight gave one quick look back at her unconscious friends, silently thanking them for being unable to see the imminent doom.

They had so much to live for... It's not fair!

Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes, unable to bear it any longer, wishing for a quick end.


There was a flash, a second flash, and everything was gone...


You find yourself in the middle of what appears to be a dark room that goes on for miles.

You hear something.

"Hello?...Helloooo?...........Hel... OH! Hello!"

A strange man wearing generic clothes and a simple lab coat appears before you.

“Oh good you made it!” The man said with a look of delight.

“You’re probably wondering where you are right now and how you ended up here.” He said giving you a look.

“I will answer the first question for you. You are, at this time, in an area that is in-between the real world and the world of fantasy. There are many different names to this place, but we will be calling it the ‘Hub’ for now.” He said giving you a smile now.

“Think this is strange?” The man quickly looks around the black abyss and laughs. “Well… can’t argue about that!”

The man turns around and begins walking as if he knows where he’s going in the void.

“There isn’t much time.” The man called out. “Please come quickly.”

With not much you can do by standing there, you follow him.

“You may be wondering.” The man said over his shoulder. “What happened to Twilight and her friends, and how did it turn out the way it did.”

“I much rather like to show you, but in my current form, I am quite limited on what I can do.” As he said that, he gave a small grunt of annoyance.

The man stops and faces you.

You see next to the strange man a portal suddenly popping out of thin air.

“Ah ha!” The man cried out. “The gate opened right on time!”

The man gestured at the portal and said. “I’m going to stay here to make sure everything is working properly on this side alright?”

Before you can say anything, the man quickly interrupts.

“Good! Now, I’m going to turn back the clock and place you back into observation mode.”

You had no idea what that meant.

The man gave you a look that said, along the lines of, “Go on…in!” He gestures to the portal.

Confused, you walk towards the portal.

“Try not to get lost alright?”

The man took a step back as you enter the portal.

“Good luck!”


*Note: If you're confused what this part (or this whole chapter) is about, I'm sorry. I'm trying to set something up and I don't know if I'm doing it right. This chapter does not reflect on what the whole story is about. Please leave feedback (anything useful) if you so choose. Thanks.

Also!

If you wish to know the progress for the rest of the chapters, go to my profile and read the blogs I place there. I will be updating it periodically to keep you updated on future events.