• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 3,012 Views, 274 Comments

MLDC Next Generation: Love Conquers All! Avarice Takes It All! - Michael_Ravencroft



Anthea, a kind and loving mare, must take up the power of the Star Sapphires if she is to bring back her friend from a path of a criminal. Meanwhile, Nidra will learn avarice's might when she sets her sights on a dragon-pony who has stolen her h

  • ...
4
 274
 3,012

Epilogue

Deep in the cosmos, in the endless sea of stars, two lights streaked through the void.

One burned like fire, crimson in color and radiating a powerful rage that threatened to incinerate all in its path. Within this streak of light was an object, a ring. It bore an insignia, one of a circle with curved horns going up, and what could be construed as tusks pointing down.

The second was a wispy indigo streak that looked like smoke, unlike its counterpart, this light released a comforting feeling. But like the other, it too bore a ring. Its insignia was much different from the other, a circle at the center with one triangle above it pointing up, and a second triangle pointing down.

The two streaks of indigo and red continued throughout space, passing by numerous stars and planets, searching for certain individuals.

Their journey brought them to a new star system, one that had a green and blue planet that was the center of this galaxy, unlike the sun which seemed to revolve around the planet itself.

Suddenly the two streaks stopped, the rings within them glowing brighter as they hurled themselves towards this planet.

They flew with such speed that the planets they passed by turned into colorful blurs. They soon passed the sun, and after a few short minutes, the moon as well.

Closer and closer they approached, the blue planet becoming bigger with each passing second.

They were about to enter its atmosphere when, just like that, they stopped.

Both glowing rings remained motionless, maintaining a holding pattern within orbit of the planet.

[Rage detected. Error: Two signatures detected. Maintaining holding pattern until suitable Bearer is determined.]

[Compassion detected. Error: Compassion clouded. Maintaining holding pattern until Bearer is confirmed.]

Author's Note:

The War of Light will continue...

MLP Next Generation: Rage On & Compassion Be With You!

Comments ( 27 )

HELL F***ING YEAH! TIME FOR THE RED LANTERNS TO BRING DOWN THE HURT ON THESE GRIFFON MOTHER F***ERS! Oh but not you Gilda... you're too awesome for them... BUT THE REST OF THEM CAN GO F*** THEMSELVES!

red lanterns always bring the pain when they come to the party

Wow. I know we have to wait a while for the next story, but wow. I was sure Compassion and Rage would come at the same time. I do wonder who will get which ring and what circumstance will occur for the rings to awaken. To role call, the main six children seem to be the best ones to wield the rings, but Nidra threw that theory out of the water. I can't help but wonder if Starfall, Illusion, or Valient will get a ring. I guess we will see.

Why do I feel like it's Prism or Hot Head, and Lucky(maybe)

Red ring is best ring! .. Subjectively. White or Black are objectively more powerful.

God I hope... Candy Floss? Cream Pie? Pinkie's kid? I'm going with Cream Pie. Anyways, Cream Pie for Red Ring! Lets see the boiling heart of pure rage under all that cream!

PRISM PRISM PRISM PRISM!

Then all we need is Green and the war of light shall erupt anew!

Red Light isn't all about untamed Rage.
Rightous Fury and directed Hate are also Elements of the Red Light.

(And belive me in a war there is a lot of hate to go around.)

btw. is there a Kilalaverse Gilda or Zecora offspring?

I would think Blue would have come with the Red. Indigo is a prety Kate game one...is Green actually going to be the last one? Cause that would be hilarious. The most famous lantern tha everybunny thinks of first, the last to arrive.

Okay. Can't wait for the next story to this.
Also. I can see how you're setting up for this worlds darkest night and I must say... It looks glorious.

Personally, if a Green Lantern ring does show up in this series...I hope Gilda gets it. It'd be the perfect way to punctuate her waking up and realize how Nox has played her, and having the courage to stand up to him and stop the war of ego her father started.

Given Indigo's properties though, I wonder if it will be one of the remaining griffon generals?

5915952 There's still the blue light of hope, remember?

When can we expect the next story?

6355657 Ah yes, forgot about that.

7114975 Claire could be one since she's easy to anger

Sweet! I finally got caught up!

If there was one thing that I really had to complain about in this story, it would be that Luna didn't play a very visible role. She played a large and important role, but she didn't show up enough.

Also, it seems that the Indigo Tribe isn't looking for people to brainwash anymore, but for people who actually have a great capacity for compassion. Cool.

6348559 I think Green should go to Del. It would be ironic. If I had to guess ponies did Red, I would say hot head or Prism. For Compssion I'm saying T.

I think green will be del, blue will be twilight, and indigo will be T, although i still don't see two people who are for rage, compassion i can see as T or flutters, but not rage:twilightoops:. Also i got the idea for del from your MLDC: Teen Titans:twilightblush:

7364200 Violet lanterns don't have to be female. It's just almost never happens for some unknown reason, probably because someone in DC believes that only women can use such a girly power such as love.:ajbemused: However there is one case that I know of that a violet lantern was male and it was john stewart.oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/11/john-stewart-star-sapphire.png At least until he lost the ring because the status quo must be preserved, for reasons.:derpytongue2:

Awesome! Where's the next one?

...

Wait...


No...

NO!
NO NO NO NO NO!
YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO PEOPLE! YOU CAN'T JUST WRITE SOMETHING SO EPIC, AND THEN ABANDON IT! NOOOOOOO-

What I'd really like to see in the sequel is Luster Dawn. She wants justice against Starburst because her older brother was one of the royal guards she killed.

7834728

Ok.

I know this story has a lot of very noticeable grammar errors. But to make so many comments pointing out every error you could find is just unnecessary.

You could have just made a single comment about how the author could go back and fix some spellings mistakes. But instead you did this.

Lol I remember being really salty when I found out this was discontinued....Still, it's a shame though...

Just finished binging the series and of course my mind only drifts to commenting now haha. Must say this was a fantastic reread. You always make it so easy to fall in love with the characters and get invested in the events that are transpiring. I think I speak for everybody when I say I hope the series continues. Even if it take years to happen. But if not then at least you gave us a hell of a ride and will continue to give us many new stories in the years to come. Even if it takes me forever to get to them I’m always filled with joy seeing that you’ve posted a new story or chapter to an existing one. Wish you nothing but the best.

7365902
Rage might be prism bolt

Login or register to comment