• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 2,656 Views, 26 Comments

In Search of F - Godzillawolf



All things have a memory, why should the planet be any different? But what happens when that memory falls into the wrong hands? A two-in-one detective must unravel a web of intrigue and mystery festering deep beneath Cloudsdale's surface.

  • ...
3
 26
 2,656

Case 1: Finding An F/The Two-in-One Detective

Case 1
Finding An F/The Two-In-One Detective.

The white furred pegasus wearing a white fedora looked up at the green unicorn floating in crystal before him. He lifted a hoof towards the crystal. The unicorn’s hoof moved to meet it…


Suddenly, alarms roared to life as stallions in black suits began pouring into the room‘s upper levels.


“Boss!” called a younger black Pegasus, dashing to help the elder pegasus move the unicorn out of the crystal within the huge machine that encompassed most of the room. The unicorn now carried a black suitcase in his telekinesis.

They galloped as fast as they could.


Three shots were fired from the odd black devices the suited stallions carried.


The elder stallion fell to the ground, three bleeding wounds in his back.


“Boss!” The younger stallion was at his elder’s side in a moment, shock and despair in his face.

The old stallion grabbed his hat in his teeth and shakily raised his head, sliding the white fedora onto his student and giving him a smile…and then falling lifelessly to the ground.

The black stallion fell too his knees and trembled, looking down at the prone form in front of him in disbelief and shock.

However, this was not a time to stop and grieve. The floor exploded in a blast of pink energy, forcing the pegasus and unicorn to take cover. A strange black and red creature with an elongated lower half flew from the hole it had just blown.

The pegasus looked at the unicorn beside him and felt his hoof involuntarily touch the white fedora placed on his head in his mentor's last moments.

As the creature formed energy into her hooves, the pegasus grabbed the unicorn by his white clothing using his mouth and pulled him out of the way of sphere of blazing energy that blew the piece of floor they were just standing to bits.

The pegasus pulled his companion towards the window, hesitantly spreading his wings in preparation for flight…only for a pair of gargantuan orange eyes to rise up in front of them. Moments later a gale of dragon fire forced the two to take cover behind a stairwell.

Fire and blasts of energy exploded around them.

The unicorn opened the suitcase to reveal a belt-like device with a pair of red slots going straight up and down, bits of silver visible in it’s workings. Above it were six rectangular devices, each a different color, translucent with circuitry visible.

“Do you have the courage to dance with the devil?”

The pegasus cautiously took the belt and the black device, looking at them while the unicorn took the green device.

The black and red creature swirled energy orbs around her as more dragon fire surged forth into the room.

Now both wearing a copy of the belt, the two ponies rose and inserted the devices into their belts. An orb of green and purple energy formed and threw the incoming attacks away.

A vortex of wind ripped the room apart, throwing the suited stallions in all directions, and causing the creature to have flee to avoid being crushed as machinery began to collapse. Outside, the source of the dragon fire was taken off guard and roared in shock as it was sent slamming into the building by the force of the winds as a huge explosion blew out the windows of the room.

Amongst the flames, an armored figure stood, red eyes glowing, white scarf blowing in the wind…


One year later

“Thanks for bringing me here,” said a green Pegasus mare with a black mane that hung down around her head except for a ponytail in back.

“No problem, miss,” replied her guide, a Royal Pegasus Guard. “Though never seen a Pegasus who didn’t know how to get to Cloudsdale.”

The Pegasus blushed slightly. “Uh…Well, you see…”

“I’m just joking with you,” the Guard replied with a good-natured smile. “I’d best be getting back to work, I hope you enjoy your stay, Miss…”

The Pegasus watched the Guard taking off…then realized something. “Wait!” she called…but he was already gone. She gave an annoyed sigh and turned back to the massive city in the clouds. She let her annoyance subside as her gaze fell on the sheer beauty of the Pegasus city. “I can see why you always said this place was beautiful…” she whispered to herself…Then gave yet another sigh.

“This place is huge…How in Riku Sanjo’s name will I find it?!” she exclaimed. She pulled a map out of out of her bag…and it promptly got blown away by the strong winds. “Ahh! Come back!” she yelled, flying after the wayward map.


About an hour later, the mare had flown herself ragged over half the floating city. “Ugh…I’ve looked everywhere…” she exclaimed, sitting down on a cloud bench, shaking her head miserably. “I’ll never find it…” she muttered, giving a slightly exaggerated collapse onto the bench.

Nearby, a stallion in a black suit watched the mare, a black suitcase sitting in the clouds next to him. He tapped a hoof to his chin and prepared to move in…

“Hey there!” called a rather happy go lucky voice.

The green pegasus jumped, looking up to find a greenish blue pegasus with a deeper green mane and baby blue eyes land in front of her. Her Cutie mark was a raining white cloud.

The stallion grumbled and stepped back into the shadows.

“Uh…yes?” the young pegasus asked.

“Are you lost? You look lost, so I thought I’d check.” The new arrival said with a huge grin.

“Yeah, this place is so huge! I can’t find anything!”

“Well, maybe I can help, I live here after all. Oh! Forgot to introduce myself, my name is Sprinkle Medley, but everypony just calls me Medley!”

Akiko blinked, a little confused by the pegasus' energy, but she was too tired to complain. “My name is Akiko, and thank you! That would be great!”

Medley cocked her head. “Akiko? That’s a weird name for a pony…Anyway, what ya looking for, Akiko?”

Akiko gave a glare at the response to her name, but shook it off. “I am looking for Narumi Detective Agency.”

Medley smirked from ear to ear. “Oh! You want to see Shou? I know the way!”

“Shou? Who is-”

“Come on! I’ll show you!”

Akiko gave a yell as Medley pushed her along with her head despite Akiko’s protests.


Not long after, Akiko found herself pulled up to a cloud building by the enthusiastic pegasus. She looked at the sign next to the door reading ‘Narumi Detective Agency’ in big black letters. Someone had nailed a piece of cardboard onto it adding ‘Solves all cases with hardboiled style.’

“Hardboiled?” Akiko muttered. She then shook off her confusion and turned to Medley, giving a polite bow. “Thank you, I was so lost!”

Medley chuckled. “Anytime! If you’re staying long, feel free to look me up!” she called, flying off as quickly as she’d came.

Akiko blinked. “What a strange pony…”

The young pegasus slowly pushed the door open and looked around. It was made of clouds, like most buildings in pegasus cities, but with the décor, and even the darker colors of the clouds themselves, made her think she’d walked into an old detective flick. There was even an older model pegasus typewriter on the deck with a pile of reports sitting next to it.

“How odd…”

Akiko noticed a nearby wall covered in fedoras of various colors. One that caught her eye was a white one, mainly due to a notch that seemed to be burned into its rim. It seemed strangely familiar.

She slowly trotted over to examine it…just in time for a door hidden behind it to spontaneously open up.

“Ahhhh!”

“Ahhhh!” shouted the wisteria coated pegasus mare who’d been unfortunate enough to nearly trot headlong into Akiko.

“Ahhh!”

“Ahhh!”

“Ahh!”

“Ahh!”

“…Ah…”

“Ah!”

The mare rolled her pink eyes and tried to get her somewhat messy pink mane back in order, turning so her rainbow Cutie Mark was visible.

“Who are you?!” yelled Akiko hysterically.

“I’m Rainbowshine, who the Tartarus are you?” the mare asked in a harsh tone.

Akiko gave a glare. She took out a green slipper from her saddlebags in her mouth and smacked Rainbowshine in the head with it.

“Ow!”

“Don’t speak to me like that! You were the one who popped out of nowhere!”

Rainbowshine rubbed her head with a deadpan expression. “No, that would be you.”

Akiko prepared to respond…then rubbed her head nervously as realization kicked in. “Oh yeah…I guess so…” She promptly threw the slipper into the air and let it bonk herself on the head. “Sorry…”

Rainbowshine gave a sigh. “It’s fine…now who are you?”

“Akiko Narumi…”

The older pegasus' eyes widened. “Narumi? You mean your dad was…Hang on, let‘s see if we can-”

The mare was cut off by the sound of an engine outside. The two flew out the door and saw a black pegasus with a brown mane and tail ride off on what looked like a half black, half green motorized bicycle, the front having some kind v-shaped, silver crest with a red gem in the center and two headlights that resembled eyes. It's rider wore a black vest over top a white shirt, a red tie blowing in the breeze.

“Wait!” yelled Rainbowshine…who then sighed. “He’s always rushing off like that, trying to be all hardboiled…”

Akiko just stared in shock. “What is he riding?! And how is it riding on clouds?! And why is he using it?! He’s a pegasus!”

Rainbowshine gave an exasperated look, pressing a hoof to her forehead. ’I’m going to have to be the exposition fairy for this filly all day, won’t I?’ she thought.

“In order: it’s called Machine Hardboilder, I have no idea, it just does, and he’s not a strong flier, it’s faster and less tiring to use it…and Shou thinks it makes him look badflank…which admittedly, it kinda does…”

Akiko blinked…then gave a slow nod of agreement.

“…Come on, I’ll make tea. I hooked Shou up with a case, he can fill you in more when he gets back and vice versa…”


“Firebrand, that you?” asked ‘Shou’ as he pulled up to a white furred mare standing on a street corner and disembarked, revealing his Cutie Mark to be a stylized purple J. He gave a close look at the mare. White fur, fiery orange mane and eyes. Her Cutie Mark a torch. She was wearing a dark brown flight jacket, lighter brown artificial fur lining it. Looking closely, he could tell it was mouth stitched. Still, it was amazing work.

The mare gave a nod. “Hey, Shou, haven’t seen you since flight school.”


Rainbowshine rubbed her forehead with a hoof, trying to ease a slowly forming headache as she looked over the paperwork Akiko had produced. ‘Well, this complicates things…a lot‘ she thought, ignoring it as the younger mare downed another cup of tea. “Look, this isn’t just a job, it’s-hey, where are you going?”

“The little filly’s room!” called Akiko, trying to find the correct door.

The older pegasus blinked, nudging the teapot with her hoof and finding it empty. She gave a sigh and introduced her forehead to her hoof. “This mare is such a filly…” she muttered, then gasped when Akiko tried a certain door. “Not that one!”

Akiko went through the hat rack door…and found herself in a large metal room with all sorts of high tech devices and numerous chalkboards. “What the Tartarus?!”

A green unicorn with a black mane looked up at her, a book suspended in front of him in a green aura as he wrote on one of the boards. He wore a green long coat with a striped shirt.

Rainbowshine sighed and facehoofed, worsing her headache on accident. “Shou is going to kill me…”


Shou looked at the picture in front of him. It was of a young stallion with a very similar appearance to Firebrand’s, except his mane was icy blue in color. His Cutie Mark was a snowflake. “Your younger brother?”

Firebrand nodded grimly. “He went missing about a week ago…His name's Frost,” she put a pleading hoof on his foreleg. “Please, can you find him? I‘m worried sick and so are mom and dad...It isn‘t like him to just run off like this…”

The stallion gave a confident smirk and tilted his fedora. “Don’t worry. Nopony will cry in Cloudsdale if I can help it. That includes you two. I‘ll find him.”

Firebrand returned the nod, a smile slowly forming on her muzzle.


My name Hidari Shoutarou, I am a private detective. In this town where the weather is made, the wind is the most unpredictable thing, and the winds of fate often change with it.

Shou talked with a shop owner, recording all the information he obtained, showing him Frost‘s picture.


My client, an old flight school classmate named Fireband, searching for her missing brother Frost.

Shou showed the picture to several ponies, constantly questioning and recording information.


“Certainly was a strange wind that reunited us…” Shou narrated, leaning against a flag pole and looking up as Equestria's flag moved in the wind.

“Why do you always narrate to yourself?”

Shou jumped with a yell. He turned to find Medley directly behind him on the other side of the pole. “Medley! Why are you always startling me?!”

“Because it’s fun! On a case?”

Shou sighed. “Yeah. Looking for somepony named Frost, Firebrand’s little brother,” he said, doing his best to regain his stoic, hardboiled tone. “All I’ve found out so far is he got kicked out of his apartment about a week ago…” he reported, turning dramatically aside and looking off at Cloudsdale.

“Ah! Well, ya get to meet Akiko yet?!”

Shou blinked, snapping back to the energetic pegasus so fast his neck cracked. “Who?”

Before she could respond, there was a loud crashing noise from nearby. Shou galloped full speed towards it. Medley just shrugged and followed after him.

“By Riku Sanjo…” muttered the black pegasus, skidding to a stop in front of a building now half buried in snow and ice. The occupants had all evacuated, but the sight was still shocking. And unlikely, considering there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.

Shou quickly took out an odd black and blue camera and began photographing the scene.


As Akiko tried, and failed, to get the unicorn away from his feverish research, a ringing sound filled the air.

The unicorn floated over a strange blue rectangular device Akiko mistook for a robotic clam until he flipped it open, revealing a number pad on it. The young pegasus blinked, wondering what the device was. The odd pony had kept consulting it over and over again, but was so caught up in…whatever he was doing that he didn’t respond to anypony, just kept muttering facts about snow and ice.

“Yes, Shou?” asked the unicorn. “…Yes, she’s still here. Rainbowshine.”

The pegasus barely had time to react and catch the device thrown at her. “Darn it, Philip! Warn somepony first!” she muttered before answering the device. “Yeah, Shou, what is it?”

“Philip? Your name is Philip?” asked Akiko in an annoyed tone.

“Yes, and I’m quite busy,” Philip replied, writing on the boards.

“Will you at least tell me how you are walking on clouds?!” asked Akiko, getting annoyed with the stallion.

“I don’t know, I was confused most unicorns need a spell, I have just always been able to do it, I‘m actually quite interested in finding why myself,” the green unicorn replied with a little interest in the topic.

Rainbowshine rolled her eyes at Akiko, listening to the device. “Hold on…” she said, thinking. She looked at a nearby map and located the attack location. “Yeah, they all belong to a Griffin named Gilded Cage,” she explained. “He owns quite a few buildings in Cloudsdale, mostly apartments or hotels, but a few gift shops. Three of his buildings have been attacked this week, but from the sound of things, this is the biggest…”

The mare gave an exasperated sigh. “Sounds like another Dopant…”

“Dopant?” asked Akiko, turning to look up at her.


Shou sighed. “Yeah…what were the other locations?” he asked, then listened for a moment as Rainbowshine listed off locations before giving a sigh. “…One of those was Frost’s apartment building…Why is it the simple cases turn out to involve Dopants…”

“Because you’re a weirdness magnet?” asked Medley, sitting on a higher cloud and looking over things curiously. “Definitely a Dopant though, too much snow for one pony or griff.”

Shou blinked at Medley, then looked back to the destruction. “Put Philip on…”


“Philip!” called Rainbowshine, flying down and politely hoofing it over to the unicorn's telekinesis…and giving a huff when Philip just took it and started talking. “Ugh…I hate it when he gets like this…”

Akiko tapped her on the shoulder. “What’s a Dopant?”

Rainbowshine sighed. “…Shou knows better than I do, but…” she muttered, before flying up to a nearby table and returning with a photo. She handed it to Akiko. It was of an odd yellow rectangular device with a ribcage design, a stylized ‘C’ resembling a comic book picture, in the upper left hoof corner the word ‘Comic.’ “That’s a Gaia Memory. There are ponies selling them in Cloudsdale. Anyone using one can transform into powerful monster called a Dopant.”

Akiko shook her head in disbelief. “That is-”

“Ridiculous?” asked the wisteria mare. “Yeah, but it’s what’s happening now. The Guard is trying to take care of the Dealers, but as for the Dopants?” she asked, then motioned to Philip. “Those two are the only ones who can take care of them.”

“Why?”

“You’ll see…I’d describe it, but you probably wouldn’t believe it if I told you.”

Philip looked at his strangely empty book. “From the pictures you sent me, I've narrowed it down, but I need more keywords…”


Shou nodded, watching the Guard began clearing out the ice and snow as best they could. “Alright, I think I have a few. Check the Gaia Library.”


“Rainbowshine, hold the phone please,” said Philip, the pegasus coming over and pressing it next to the unicorn’s ear with a hoof.

“You’re lucky I’m nice…” the mare muttered.

“What is going on-” Akiko began, but was shushed by Rainbowshine.

The odd green unicorn closed his eyes, his magic vanishing as he set down and extended one front leg out while balancing the book in his other foreleg.

Akiko let out a scream when she noticed Philip’s Cutie Mark, a book with a strangely stylized green C, open up and the pages beginning to turn. Rainbowshine promptly shushed her again.


Philip opened his eyes, finding himself suddenly in an infinite white space. Innumerable bookshelves, each packed to the brim with books of every shape, size, and color, suddenly materialized, extending on to eternity.

“Known keywords. Ice, Snow,” the unicorn said, the words appearing in front of him in green lettering.

Instantly, the shelves rapidly rearranged themselves, many disappearing along with a multitude of books.

“The building wasn’t frozen solid, so that eliminates Cold, Ice Age, and Windigo,” Philip continued, more books being eliminated. “But we still haven’t narrowed down the memory completely.”

“Enter the keywords Frost-name, Pegasus, Stallion.” Shou’s voice announced.

The word flashed in front of Philip, the shelves continued to be eliminated, now narrowed down to a mere five shelves lined up directly in front of the unicorn.

“That narrowed it down considerably.”

“That’s because we know exactly who the Dopant is.”

“However, we still haven’t discovered the brand of memory he’s using…”


Shou sighed, giving a look over the situation. “What am I missing?” he asked, tapping his chin. He looked to Medley. “You’re a weather mare, what do you think?”

Medley looked over the damaged structure and rubbed her chin thoughtfully. “It didn’t fall from the sky.”

Shou blinked. “Huh?”

“It looks more like it crashed in all at once instead of piled on like snow,” the mare explained, showing her Cutie Mark. “Precipitation is my specialty you know! Hey that rhymed!…anyway, point is, this isn‘t like a snow storm or anything like that. The spread isn‘t even like if it was a blizzard dumping it on the place.”

The detective stallion rubbed his chin, then gasped. “Philip!”


“I heard her, Shou,” said Philip, the unicorn having already fed in the proper keywords, eliminating more books, finally narrowing it down to a white book with the word ‘Avalanche’ on it. “The Memory brand is Avalanche.”


“Good, we‘ve got the brand,” Shou replied, then noticed Medley staring at him expectantly. “…Thank you, Medley.”

The happy pegasus smirked widely. “You’re welcome!”

“…Philip, let’s try to find where he’ll attack next.”


Philip nodded, resetting the search. “Keywords: ‘Avalanche.’ ‘Frost-name.’ ‘Pegasus.’”

The books rearranged themselves, once more narrowing down themselves to a line of shelves.

“Next is ‘Gilded Cage.’”

The books continued to narrow it down. “Only one shelf left.”

“Finally ‘Apartment Building.’”

The last shelves vanished, leaving only a few books floating in front of him which then flew off gradually, one with the word ‘Place’ materializing on the cover remaining.

Philip grabbed it in his telekinesis and began to flip through it.


Philip trotted over to the map back in the real world. “Thus far, it appears that he’s only attacked apartment buildings. Gilded Cage owns only three in Cloudsdale. Two were destroyed, leaving only one possibility: ‘Snowdrop Apartments.’ I am confident that’s where the Dopant will strike next.”

Akiko blinked, looking to Rainbowshine. “Is that what you meant?”

“Half of it, yeah,” the mare replied. “The other half you’ll need to see soon…Might want to head over to Snowdrop Apartments, somepony’s gonna need to arrest the Dopant when they‘re through…”

Akiko blinked. “You are a Guard? Aren’t they all white furred?”

“Close, officially I’m a Weather Factory employee, but I’ve got…other duties,” the mare said, trotting out of the room.

Akiko sighed…then looked back to Philip. “Are you going?”

The unicorn gave a strangely friendly smirk. “Of course, me and Shou are a two-in-one detective after all,” he said, but strangely went right back to reading his book.


Shou soon arrived at the location aboard the Hardboilder, pulling to a stop and looking around slowly through the crowd of Pegasi and Griffins…before his eyes landed on a familiar white stallion.

The black stallion slowly trotted over. “Your name's Frost, right?” he asked, noticing the stallion’s eyes looked totally unhinged. They made Shou think of an oncoming avalanche. ‘Not good, looks like he’s already been consumed by the Gaia Memory…

Frost snarled, grinding his teeth. “You’re that detective, aren’t you? The one Firebrand is always talking about?! Gilded Cage hired you, didn‘t he?!” he asked hysterically. Shou noticed his voice had a gruffness to it, like the rumbling of an avalanche.

Shou blinked. “Now hang on, I’m a detective but-”

“Then I‘ll just crush you too!” yelled the stallion, lifting his front leg and pulling back fur to reveal a strange black tattoo in his skin. He produced a blue device similar to the one Rainbowshine had shown Akiko, only this one’s symbol was an A stylized to look like a mountain with snow rushing down the slope. “I’ll crush everything!”

“Hey! Don’t do anything crazy! Let’s just talk this through!” Shou pleaded vainly.

“AVALANCHE!” the device announced before Frost pressed it into the marking, where it phased into his body.

His eyes glowed blue as ice and snow cascaded off his body, forcing Shou to jump back out of the way to avoid being caught in it. As the cascade ended, standing in Frost’s place was a white quadruped being with spires of ice jutting from his shoulders, his face, underbelly, and hooves composed of mountain rock. His face now resembled more a stone mask than that of a pony. Shou had to take evasive action as ice crystals were hurled at him, the crowd screaming and taking cover.

CRUSH IT ALL!” bellowed the monster, voice now loud and bellowing like the roar of an avalanche.

Shou ducked under one last crystal as it flew, pressing his hat to his head with a hoof in the process. “Why do we always gotta to do this the hard way? I guess I’ll have to stop you…no,” he said, producing the red device from that night almost a year prior.

We’ll have to stop you,” he said, putting it around his midsection, where straps extended, forming a belt.


Philip was flipping through his book as Akiko occupied herself sorting through the files they’d kept. Suddenly, in a flash of white light, a matching copy of Shou's belt materialized around his own waist. Looking down, he gave a chuckle, putting his book down.


Shou produced the same black device from that night from the inside of his vest and held it up, revealing a stylized J identical to the one his Cutie Mark possessed, and the word ‘Joker‘ inscribed on the label. The Avalanche Dopant startled in surprise at the sight of it. Shou pressed the singular button on it with his other hoof.

“JOKER!”

“Let’s go, Philip.”


Philip produced his own green memory from his coat pocket, once more having the same stylized C on it. He pressed the button with his telekinesis.

“CYCLONE!”

Akiko blinked, looking at it. “Is that a…Gaia Memory?” she asked, confused, particularly by the fact that this memory seemed much more streamlined and refined than the one she’d seen before.

Philip took a pose mirroring that of his partner.


“Henshin!”


Philip inserted the Cyclone Memory into the right slot of the belt, causing it to glow green and vanish into green energy. Philip promptly seemed to faint and collapsed to the floor, much to Akiko’s shock.

“Ahh! What is going on?! I didn‘t hear anything about this!” exclaimed the surprised mare, spreading her wings and flying down to try and wake the unicorn.


The Cyclone Memory materialized in the right slot of Shou’s belt and he pushed it all the way in with his hoof before inserting the Joker Memory into the left slot. The device began to give off a preparation noise. Standing up on his hind legs, Shou threw the device open with his front hooves, causing it to form a W-shape.

CYCLONEJOKER!” the belt announced as Shou threw his front legs out to his sides, wind swirling around him as fragments of material swirled in the tempest, forming into the same form born that night, now in full view of the world as wind blew with enough force to drive the Dopant back and make flags on the surrounding rooftops change direction.

The right side of the warrior was a bright green with gold accents on it’s shoulder pad, wrist guards, and half of the W pattern going across his chest, the left half black with matching purple. A v-shaped silver crest adorned the head, a red jewel in the center, and a pair of silver lines divided his two halves down the middle, from the tip of his head to his groin. Red eyes stared at the Dopant while a silver scarf billowed out behind the warrior.

WHAT ARE YOU?!” asked the Dopant, staring in awe of the being before him.

“We’re Double,” replied Shou’s voice from the entity.

“Now…let’s count up your sins!” announced Double, in both Shou and Philip’s voices together, pointing one hoof at the monster with a dramatic flourish.

The warrior charged forwards and leapt at the Avalanche Dopant, kicking out with his hind legs and driving the monster backwards. Spinning around, Double drove kick after kick of his hind legs into the chest of the Dopant, staggering his opponent further back.

Avalanche regained his foot, charged, and threw several kicks of his own, but Double evaded the blows with effortless grace before replying with a headbutt that sent the monster reeling. The masked stallion flapped his wings, lifting into the air and mule kicking the monster square in the head, sending him flying backwards and rolling across the fluffy ‘ground‘.

Snarling in rage, Avalanche got back to his hooves and roared, a wave of ice and snow rising off his body and crashing down on the armored warrior.

Double blocked with his front hooves, but while he was able to resist the assault, he was beginning to get buried. “We‘ll be buried alive if we don‘t think of something!” Shou’s voice announced.

“I think this memory will be more ideal,” Philip’s replied, Double’s right eye flashing with the words. His right hoof closed the waist mounted device before removing the Cyclone Memory and producing a red Memory with an H stylized to appear as though it was made of flames.

HEAT!

He inserted it into the belt right as Double was buried.

Avalanche chuckled psychotically, forming a razor sharp spear of ice. “DIE!

HEATJOKER!”

In an explosion of flames and heat, Double’s icy prison exploded and the resulting wave of head forced Avalanche to stagger back, his spear melting. “WHAT?!

Double’s right side had turned red, the accents turning yellow. “Philip! Warn me first next time!” Shou’s voice exclaimed.

Double promptly charged the Dopant, punching the incoming ice spears, a burst of flame caused them to melt into nothing on impact. Upon reaching the monster, Double threw a series of strikes with his right hoof, each impact emitting a burst of powerful flames, sending Avalanche reeling. Avalanche retaliated with a punch of his own, but Double locked his arm with the Joker half before punching him several times with the Heat half in the ribs until he let go and gave the Dopant a hard hook to the head. As he staggered, Double reared back and put all his force into a jumping trust to the monster’s head, sending him flying back and crashing into the clouds.

“It would be wise to put an end to this, Shou,” said Philip’s voice as the Dopant struggled to regain his wits.

“Yeah, let’s go for the Memory Break,” replied Shou’s voice.

Double replaced the Heat Memory once more for the Cyclone Memory.

CYCLONECYCLONEJOKER!

Now back in his default form, Double grabbed the Joker Memory and inserted it into a black slot on the right side of the belt strap itself.

JOKER! MAXIMUM DRIVE!

Double extended his front hooves as a tornado formed around him, lifting him up into the air and blinding the Dopant as the fierce wind stung his eyes. At the apex of his ascent, Double slammed his right hoof into the button on the side of the slot into which the Joker Memory was inserted.

“JOKER EXTREME!” announced Shou and Philip, as Double launched hind legs first at the Avalanche Dopant in position for a dropkick. Suddenly, Double’s Joker half slid forward along the silver divider going down his center, revealing a glowing yellow energy within the masked stallion.

Double was suddenly sped forwards by a burst of wind, Joker’s hoof colliding with the Dopant first, Cyclone’s following suit, triggering a sizable explosion and launching the monster backwards from the impact.

As the warrior’s two halves reunited, he landed nearby and the Dopant struggled back to his feet. Green and purple energy briefly crackled across Avalanche’s form before a massive explosion engulfed him. Left in it’s wake was a stunned Frost collapsing to the ground and the Avalanche Memory ejecting into the air and shattering to bits.

Double gave a sigh of relief. “Looks like it’s time to let the Guard do their job…” Shou’s voice stated, though in a bittersweet tone. ‘How am I gonna tell Firebrand?

Double slowly approached Frost, mainly to ensure he didn’t escape…when suddenly, the clouds seemed to shake under his hooves. Looking up, he saw a massive shape tearing through the clouds. Shock came when he remembered these clouds were hardened for construction, breaking through them was not as simple as it seemed…

“What the Tartarus?!” Shou’s voice announced as a massive shape tore through the clouds, titanic leathery wings outstretched as it screeched and seized Frost in it’s taloned feet, emitting a gigantic screech.

TBC

Author's Note:

* ‘How in the name of Riku Sanjo’ joke is based off a joke in Friendship is Showtime where they use Tsuyoshi Kida (Wizard‘s main writer), which is in return based off fics habit of ponies referring to Lauren Faust in the same fashion. Riku Sanjo was Kamen Rider Double’s main writer, so I thought I’d do the same.