• Published 18th May 2014
  • 13,957 Views, 198 Comments

Spring is Dumb - HoofBitingActionOverload



Rainbow Dash definitely didn't do anything wrong. Rarity is the one who's wrong. Rainbow Dash is absolutely, totally, a hundred percent sure of it. But then why did she just buy a wagon load of apology bouquets?

  • ...
39
 198
 13,957

And Cute-Faced Unicorns

Rainbow Dash stepped outside. It felt much cooler out than it had been when she had gone inside the jewelry store, and she saw some clouds she hadn’t noticed earlier. She dropped the necklace in the cart and tucked it down in between some of the flowers and pastries, so that if anyone happened to go digging through the cart to get at the flowers and pastries, they would find the necklace by surprise. Rainbow smiled at the thought and began trotting forward, still pulling the cart behind her. Then she stopped. She didn’t know where to go next.

No, she realized, it was even worse than that. She knew exactly where she needed to go. She just didn’t want to go there.

That wasn’t true, either, really. She wanted to go there. More than anything else. She couldn’t think of anyplace she would rather be. But she didn’t know if she should, or if enough time had passed yet, or if she would know what to say when she got there.

Rainbow Dash turned and dug the necklace back out of the cart. She held it up to watch the sunlight flare off the sides of the sapphire and land in a dozen blue, glowing shadows on the ground. Looking at it made her feel better. As she turned it over in her hoof, she remembered one more life-defining principle, this one more important than any of the others.

She needed to apologize to Rarity.

It was a happy coincidence that she had bought all of these things Rarity liked, though. Happened totally by chance. What were the odds?

The garden-somethings and not-alien-dipped-in-chocolate and necklace would make Rarity happy, and Rainbow Dash wished she could do something to make Rarity happy. And ponies were supposed to buy their marefriends gifts when they apologized, right? Rarity probably thought so.

Rainbow Dash tucked the necklace back into the cart and set off at a full canter in the direction of Carousel Boutique. She moved quickly and with purpose. She knew exactly where she was going, why she was going there, and what she would do when she got there. Best of all, she knew everything would be okay, just so long as her cart and everything in it made it there safely, Rarity would forgive her.

“Hey, boss!” a voice called from overhead.

Rainbow Dash looked up without stopping, and saw Flitter gliding down towards her.

“You’re in a hurry, huh?” Flitter asked, hovering beside her and matching Dash’s speed. “You trying to get inside before the rain starts?”

“What rain?” Dash asked, never once slowing her pace. It wasn’t scheduled to rain for another week.

“The emergency rainstorm you asked us to get together this morning,” Flitter answered. “And I’d like to point out that I’m the only member of the weather team that took your order seriously. I had to set up the entire storm all by myself. I wrote everypony’s names down who didn’t help so you can demerit them later.” Flitter grinned. “But it’ll be worth it once we get to see all these stupid lovey-dovey ponies get soaked on their perfect little spring strolls, right, boss?”

Rainbow Dash stopped all at once, so suddenly she nearly got herself run over by the still-speeding cart. “You didn’t.”

Flitter nodded. “I did. It’s gonna be a doozy, too. I brought in all the heaviest rainclouds I could find. I even grabbed a few from over the Everfree Forest. We’re seriously going to ruin a few ponies’ day. This is probably the coolest thing you’ve ever asked us to do. You’ve got my respect for, like, ever. This’ll be hilarious!”

“Why would you do that?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I never asked you to do that.”

“Yeah, you did,” Flitter answered, and then scowled. “And somepony has to teach all these other ponies a lesson that some ponies just got out of relationships, and maybe they want to be able to go for a walk without having to see a bunch of ponies sucking face all over the place, and maybe it’s not fair to them because they don’t want to be constantly reminded that they’re alone because their coltfriend broke up with them to go move in with a male model in Canterlot.”

Rainbow Dash blinked at her. “I definitely never asked you to do that.”

“You definitely did,” Flitter insisted. “I remember exactly what you said. You charged into the weather office this morning even though you weren’t scheduled for today and shouted at everypony about how much you hated spring and that you wanted us to cook up the worst storm Ponyville has ever seen so all those stuck up ponies wouldn’t be able to enjoy it anymore. And that’s exactly what I did. You’re welcome, by the way.”

Rainbow Dash cursed under her breath. She said the dumbest things sometimes. Why the hay did Cloudsdale put her in charge of an entire town’s weather team? This was more their fault than hers. The Central Weather Office should have known better. She would give them a stern talking to about the proper delegation of responsibilities the next time she was in Cloudsdale.

“You have to stop it!” Dash said quickly. “I don’t want the storm anymore.”

“It’s a little late for that,” Flitter said, then looked down into the cart. “Hey, what’s with all the flowers?”

“When is the storm supposed to start?”

Flitter shrugged and pointed up.

Rainbow Dash looked up and saw the clouds she had noticed earlier, and saw more quickly rolling in to join them, and had they been colored such an angry black-grey before?

As if in answer to her question, a fat, wet drop of water fell right into her eye. And then what must have been at least a million, billion other raindrops roared down all around her, immediately soaking Rainbow Dash, her cart, and all of Ponyville.

“Do you want me to get you an umbrella?” Flitter asked, shouting to be heard over the sound of the rain.

Rainbow Dash sighed and began walking towards Carousel Boutique again, much slower than before.

__________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash plodded through the muddy street. The rain was thinner now, but it had already thoroughly soaked her mane, her coat, her bones, her skull, and her cart. Rainwater filled the cart to its brim, sloshing and splashing over its sides every time the wheels hit a bump or a rock. The garden-somethings were ruined, the not-alien-dipped-in-chocolate was inedible, and the necklace had probably spilled out. But at least Carousel Boutique was only one building away.

Rainbow Dash slowly walked by that last building and stopped in front of the Boutique. Normally, she would have flown in through one of the second floor windows. Rarity usually kept one of them unlocked for her. But it was probably locked now, and Rainbow didn’t know how she would have gotten the cart through anyway. Besides, without the flowers or the pastries or the necklace, what was the point? Rarity wouldn’t forgive her just because she said sorry.

But Rarity was the point, Dash decided, and suddenly found herself standing right in front of the door before she realized that she had stepped forward at all. She knocked loudly.

“I apologize, but the Boutique is closed for the evening,” Rarity’s voice called from somewhere inside. “You are welcome to come back tomorrow.”

“Rarity, it’s me,” Dash called back, knocking again.

Rarity didn’t answer.

Dash knocked again. “Please open up.”

Rarity still didn’t answer.

“Come on, Rarity, please!”

No answer.

Dash knocked one more time. And Rarity still didn’t answer her.

“Please?” Dash said, too quietly for Rarity to have heard, and rested her forehead against the wet door. “I’m sorry, and it’s raining, and I’m really sorry, and all of your flowers got messed up, and I’m really, really sorry.”

Rarity still didn’t answer, and Rainbow Dash sighed.

“I’m sorry,” Rainbow said again, and began turning around.

The door abruptly opened. Rarity stood in the doorway and gave her a harsh look.

Rainbow Dash winced and moved to leave before she did anything else wrong.

But when Rarity got a full view of her rain-soaked, tired, muddy face, her features immediately softened. “Oh, darling,” Rarity said, frowning and pulling her back towards the doorway. “You’re a mess. Come inside before you catch a cold.”

Rainbow Dash nodded and began stepping inside.

But Rarity stopped her with a hoof. “Please leave your cart outside.”

“It’s important,” Dash replied. “I really need to bring it in.”

Rarity looked between Rainbow and the cart, and then sighed. “If you insist,” she said, picking up some of the water from the cart in her magic and spilling it on the ground. “But please leave it by the doorway.”

Rainbow Dash stepped inside, dragging the cart behind her. The warmth of Carousel Boutique hit her first, immediately beginning to drive off the cold of the rain that had settled in her coat, and the smell of Carousel Boutique hit her second. The Boutique always smelled like perfumes, herbal tea, and fresh fabrics. It smelled like home.

“You’re a mess,” Rarity said again, fussing with Dash’s dripping mane. “You must feel miserable. What were you doing out in that storm?”

“I had to come see you,” Dash answered.

“Oh, darling…” Rarity floated some towels towards her. “Let me dry you off.”

Rainbow Dash recognized those towels. They were what Rarity called ‘the good linen.’ She never let Rainbow Dash touch them, and she only used them during special occasions, like important dinners she worked hard to prepare for her close friends and family.

Rainbow pulled away from her. “Don’t use those ones. I’m all muddy. It’ll ruin them.”

“I’ll use whichever towels I choose,” Rarity said. “They are mine to ruin. Now hold still.”

Rainbow Dash complied. Rarity ran the towels, soft as silk blankets, through her mane and then down her coat. She kneaded Dash’s neck and then her chest and then her wings in gentle, comforting circles. Rarity heated the towels with her magic while she worked, so that Dash warmed as she dried. Dash closed her eyes for a little while and pretended everything was okay.

Rarity worked quickly and efficiently. When she finished, Rainbow Dash was warm and dry, her mane was a frizzy mess, and the good linen was dripping with mud.

Rarity winced when she examined them, but floated them off toward the kitchen with a small smile. “Is there anything I can get for you?” she asked. “Are you cold? Would you like a blanket, or perhaps some hot tea?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head.

“Well, then, I—Oh.” Rarity trotted past Dash and to the cart. She scooped up one of the soggy, limp bouquets. “Are these gardenias?”

“They were,” Dash answered.

Rarity sniffed at one. “It’s a shame they got caught in that storm. Gardenias are my favorite flower.”

“Yeah…” Rainbow Dash kicked at the floor. “Mine, too.”

“And what are these?” Rarity asked, fishing one of the pastries out of the cart. “Is this a sfogliatelle?”

“I guess.”

“My word,” Rarity said, pulling out half a dozen more. “How many of these did you buy? This must have cost you a fortune.”

Rainbow Dash shrugged.

Rarity peered down into puddles at the bottom of the cart, leaning in and narrowing her eyes. “I think there’s something shining in here.”

Rainbow winced and looked down.

Rarity’s eyes widened as she raised the necklace out of the cart. She held it up into the air, and water dripped off the sapphire and back into the cart, while the Boutique’s lights glinted off its shimmering sides. She looked to Dash. “What is this?”

“I, um…” Rainbow Dash kept looking down. “I thought it looked like your eyes. You don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to.”

“This is for me?” Rarity asked.

“But you don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to.”

“It’s lovely,” Rarity said, already putting it around her neck. “Of course I’ll wear it. Thank you.”

Dash smiled a little. “Yeah…”

“This wasn’t all for me, was it?” Rarity asked, gesturing to the cart.

“Yeah.” Dash nodded again. “But it got rained on. That’s sort of my fault, too. I’m sorry.”

“Rainbow,” Rarity said, trotting towards her, the sapphire swaying from her neck, its color a near perfect match to Rarity’s blue eyes. “Why on earth did you buy all of this for me?”

“Because I wanted to say sorry,” Dash answered simply.

Rarity shook her head. “Dear, you don’t have to buy me things in order to say sorry.”

“Yes I do,” Dash insisted. “Because I embarrassed you and messed up your dinner and then I yelled at you, and I messed up, and I’m sorry.”

“I appreciate the gesture. I truly do, but I assure you that you never need to buy me anything to earn my forgiveness,” Rarity said, smiling. “All the same, thank you. This was very sweet of you. I forgive you.”

Rainbow Dash waited for Rarity to go on, to name stipulations, to chide her again, to yell at her, or anything else that wasn’t good.

But Rarity turned and began walking away instead. “Would you mind helping me with a little spring cleaning?” she asked, glancing over her shoulder. “I was about to take a bath, but it can wait.”

Rainbow Dash blinked, standing still.

“Rainbow Dash?” Rarity asked, turning around. “Is something wrong?”

“That’s it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“What’s it?”

“That’s all you’re going to say?!” Rainbow Dash cried. “You’re gonna forgive me just like that? Aren’t you going to yell at me?”

“Of course I won’t yell at you. Why would you think that?”

“That was our first fight!” Dash said. “And I said some really mean stuff to you.”

Rarity trotted back to her. “I would be lying if I said I didn’t share any blame, and I said some nasty, hurtful things as well. Now that I think about it, I should be the one apologizing to you. I’m sorry. I hope that you can forgive me.”

Rainbow Dash blinked again, and Rarity gave her a small nuzzle.

“Is that better?’ Rarity asked.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “That’s even worse! You can’t apologize to me. It ruins everything. It can’t be over just like that. I’ve been thinking about this all day. This is supposed to be a big deal! Don’t you still feel angry?”

“I’m not angry anymore, and no great harm was done,” Rarity replied with a shrug. “If I’m being honest, the only thing I’m feeling now is confused, confused as to why you said anything about it in the first place. Why did you ever think it would be appropriate to talk about that in front of my little sister? And my parents! And those sounds you made! I don’t understand what you could have been thinking.”

“I just…” Rainbow looked down at her hooves.

“You just what?”

“I wanted to tell ponies about us,” Dash said quietly.

“But you could have told them anything else. Anything would have been more appropriate than what we do together in the bedroom. You could have talked about anything you wanted other than that one subject, and that’s the subject you chose to talk about. I don’t understand it. You could have said anything other than what you said last night.”

“Nuh uh.” Dash shook her head. “Nothing else would have shown them that we’re actually together.”

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? We’ve been together for weeks, and everypony knows it.”

“I didn’t know it,” Dash said. “I mean, I knew we were hanging out a lot, and I knew you liked me, which was really exciting, because no pony as beautiful or smart as you has ever liked me before. It’s usually just jocks. But we never did anything together that we couldn’t have done if we were just friends, except make out some, and that’s not even a big deal. I just thought, I don’t know, you’d get bored or something. And even though I was really excited, I didn’t tell anypony about us, because I thought that if you did get bored and we never started dating for real, everyone would know that I fooled myself into thinking somepony as amazing as you liked me, and everyone would think I was a joke.”

Rarity frowned. “I would nev—”

“But then we did that!” Dash cried, her wings flaring. “We did that, and I knew for sure we weren’t just friends anymore, because friends never do that. I actually knew for sure that I was marefriends with Rarity! With you! You’re the most beautiful, talented, confident pony I’ve ever met, and I’m your marefriend! I know you told me not to tell anypony, and I am sorry. But this is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me, and I had to tell everypony. Because we’re together, for real, we’re really together, and I wanted everypony to know. I’m sorry, but I just had to tell them. I couldn’t keep something this good inside.”

Rarity quietly stared at her for a long time, looking slightly confused, while Rainbow Dash waited and worried what she would say next.

“I’m really sorry,” Dash said again.

Rarity laughed, a musical, happy laugh. “You’ve always acted so tough,” she said, still smiling. “But you’re really just the sweetest pony, aren’t you?”

“No I’m not,” Dash said quickly.

“Yes you are,” Rarity said, and then kissed her on the cheek. “And it’s beautiful. You’re absolutely wonderful and sweet.”

“I’m still tough, though,” Dash mumbled.

“Of course you are.” Rarity laughed, but then her face hardened. “And, now, we need to set some matters straight. Firstly, we are together. I assure you of that. I like you, and I plan on being with you for a long time after this. Secondly, I’m excited to be with you, too. Because you’re Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Equestria, soon-to-be Wonderbolt, and I’m your marefriend. I want to tell other ponies about us, too, and I want you to tell other ponies about us.”

“Oh, cool, because I—”

“But not about that part of us,” Rarity continued, poking Dash in the chest. “That’s something that I want to be just for us, and no pony else. I want to share that part of my life with you, and only you. No pony else. Do you understand what I mean?”

Dash grinned and nodded. “Yeah.”

“And I especially don’t want to share that part of my life with my parents or little sister,” Rarity said, and looked at Dash very seriously.

“Uh, yeah.” Dash blushed slightly. “Got it. No parents or sisters. And, uh, we’re still marefriends, right?”

Rarity smiled and leaned forward, and then pressed their lips together in one, long, warm, soft kiss. “What do you think?” Rarity asked after she pulled away.

“I think I really hope we are,” Dash said. “And I think we are, but it would make me feel a lot better if I heard you say so.”

Rarity laughed, then wrapped a hoof around her neck and pulled her close. “We are. I’m your marefriend, and I’m going to stay your marefriend for a long time.”

Tension and anxiety dripped out of Dash just like the rainwater had earlier, and comforting, happy relief took their place. She slumped a little against Rarity and sighed. “Thanks.”

“Absolutely.” Rarity gave her a small squeeze. “Is there anything else you’re worried about?”

“I forgive you, too,” Dash said quietly, enjoying the feeling of Rarity holding her. She had always known Rarity would forgive her. She had totally nailed the apology, too. The necklace had been a home run, just like she knew it would, and she hadn’t even needed the flowers and pastries. Rarity was too classy a mare to be bought over with flowers and pastries. Necklaces helped, though.

“Thank you.” Rarity smiled playfully and drew a hoof along Dash’s cheek. “I suppose I should do something to thank you for this necklace, too, shouldn’t I?”

“Nah, that’s okay. It was a present.”

“Oh.” Rarity’s smile fell, but then quickly returned. “Well, you must still be cold, though, yes? I was about to have a hot bath, and I’d be perfectly willing to share it with somepony, if you’re willing.”

“Nope,” Dash replied, shaking her head. “I’m not cold at all anymore. Those towels worked great. I can help you clean now, though, if you want.”

“I don’t think you understand,” Rarity said. She leaned forward and kissed Dash on the cheek again, and her lips lingered. “Are you sure you aren’t cold?”

“No, I’m really not,” Dash said. And she really wasn’t. She felt perfectly warm, especially with Rarity hanging on to her and nibbling lightly at her neck like that. Really, Rainbow Dash didn’t particularly enjoy baths. She had always been more of a shower mare. But it didn’t seem like the right time to bring that up. She and Rarity would cross that particular bridge in their relationship when they came to it.

Rarity gave up nibbling at her neck, rolled her eyes, and took a step back. “All right, then…” She focused and picked up the puddled water at the bottom of the cart with her magic, then shaped it into a ball.

“What are you doing?” Dash asked.

Rarity smirked and hovered the ball of water over Dash’s head.

“Um, Rarity?”

Rarity released the ball of water, and immediately soaked Rainbow Dash with cold rainwater again.

“Agh!” Dash cried, spitting water out of her mouth. “What the hay was that for?”

“Now you’re cold,” Rarity explained. “I suppose you’ll have to share that hot bath with me after all.”

“No, I need another towel,” Dash said, trying to shake the water out of her mane. “What’s wrong with you?”

Rarity leaned in next to Dash’s ear. “Darling,” she whispered, “please, take the hint. I want to share a hot bath with you to help warm you up.”

Dash’s eyes widened. “Wait, do you mean…?”

Rarity grinned a most unladylike grin and nodded.

Rainbow Dash instantly shot up the stairs towards the bathroom. She had always loved baths. The bath very well might have been the greatest invention in all of pony history. She often said that no pony was truly clean if they didn’t take at least seven baths a day. And she hadn’t had a single one yet! She needed to get to that bathtub as soon as she could!

She heard Rarity following behind her at a trot, laughing softly.

Author's Note:

Thank you to Silvernis, Grenader, Titanium Dragon, and Lion for proofreading. And thank you for reading all the way to the end.

Art used in cover by JoieArt. Written for the second RariDash contest.

Comments ( 144 )

It's already done?! What was even the point of breaking something this small into two chapters?! Doesn't this guy know anything?!

4411500
People can down vote stories for all kinds of reasons. If every up vote is earned, then so is every down vote. I like to think they read the story and had a genuine grievance with it. Maybe they didn't, but I prefer to assume they did, because down voting without reading or without reason would be silly.

I'd also prefer if they'd leave a quick comment explaining what their grievance is, so I could try to avoid doing whatever it was they didn't like again in the future. But if they don't, that's fine too. It's no tragedy.

That was such a sweet ending. Such a beautiful story. Thank you for writing something so lovely and sharing it with all of us. :pinkiehappy:

Dash is a cute tsundere. :rainbowkiss:

Both mares exemplified not only their own greatest element of friendship, but the other's as well:
Rainbow Dash's loyalty drove her beyond her pride to make right the wrong she did to her best friend, and opened her heart, giving herself unselfishly to Rarity's mercy.
Rarity, in her turn, stood by Rainbow Dash and welcomed her back into her heart with open hooves, giving her the gift of tenderness, and turned what might have been a punishment into a stronger bond.

The writing captures Dash's loyal heart hidden behind a gruff façade, and through her narration paints both her own loyalty and Rarity's generosity. Good pacing, excellent characterization; the secondary characters provide enough of themselves to act as foils to Dash.

That was sweet and heartwarming story, just what I needed at the close of the day.

This has quite possibly been the funniest story I have ever read that remained sweet throughout the entire thing. Nearly every line had me laughing or dawwing, sometimes both at the same time. You are a champion, my friend.

4411854 I'm not making baseless assumptions, I'm saying when there's only one dislike, it seems fishy/trollish.

Yes. 'A bath' is all that Rarity has planned. Rainbow is so blissfully unaware that Rarity is wanting her to take a bath just so they cm have sex together. Congrats on writing a ship fic that contained suggestive themes here and there but NEVER used the word sex. I tip my hat, sir. :moustache:

I'll just repeat what I said previously, when I edited it:

This story was wonderful. It made me smile and laugh. I had to share a few lines of it with a friend, just because they made me laugh that much.

This is a really great story. If this doesn't win the contest then they deserve to have a big storm pound them and drown all their garden-somethings and ruin their not-alien-dipped-in-chocolates.

This was amazing. Rainbow felt just ... perfectly Rainbow all the way through. I was happy to see Rarity being so gracious there at the end, too. A positively-written Rarity is always welcome.

4412079
I have exactly one story with exactly one downvote; I don't know what it is for, but that's alright, I suppose. I don't really feel suspicious about downvotes in general; while some people do just downvote things out of spite (which happens the most in the feature box) it isn't super duper common, and a lot of the time people downvote for actual reasons which they don't articulate, I suspect in part to avoid confrontations with authors or having to actually justify their opinions. That doesn't necessarily mean that their opinions are valuable or worthwhile in every case, but they usually do have some reason for doing it.

Though it WOULD be interesting to see if the admins could scare up statistics on what percentage of downvotes are given without reading even one chapter of a story.

Really the reason downvotes seem so odd is that it is actually pretty rare for people to read a story that they have a good chance of not liking; this is part of why I have such a ridiculous voting history, because I do things like go and read a bunch of fics about a given subject (today, for instance, I read a whole bunch of RariDash fics because I wanted to say that this was the only RariDash fic I actually liked) because I want to see if, you know, maybe I'm wrong about my tastes.

If I don't try new things, I'll never find out if I like them or not. Chances are good that if something sounds bad, it IS bad, but sometimes you're wrong. And I, being the person that I am, do try out new things.

That means, however, that I end up trying a bunch of things which I was right about being bad. And then, I downvote them.

Now, to be entirely fair, I also have really high standards, which is the other side of the coin. Part of this is probably just the fact that I just have very high standards for everything, but part of it is also most likely that because I try out so many things, I end up finding good things as well, and that means that it just reinforces my high standards as I can point to things and be like "This is a thing of beauty, and therefore I am right in holding high standards because this is beyond all else."

I not infrequently downvote stories which have enormous numbers of upvotes.

That being said, everyone who downvotes THIS story clearly needs to have their humor modules checked.

4409937
Oh really? How can I be so sure?

4412184
Because I've read most of the other RariDash stories of note because I wanted to see if that statement was true.

The only significant RariDash story I haven't read at least a few chapters of is Salvation.

4412348
I'll take your word for it. I have never read any RariDash whatsoever, so forgive me if I am a little cautious. XP

I ship myself with this fic

Rainbow Dash is sweet and tough, like a jawbreaker. I think she'd like that.

Of course, if she didn't, she might just break your jaw.

Congrats on top of the box, Hoof! :rainbowwild:

I told you you had nothing to worry about :raritywink:

Flitter, you idiot horse!

Utterly adorable and a great read. You got inside Rainbow Dash's head perfectly and kept the story flowing wonderfully. The cameos in the first chapter of everyone who instantly got the point made me smile, and Rainbow eventually (reluctantly) coming around to admitting that okay, yeah, she screwed up... it was perfect.

Beautiful piece of work and it's instantly become one of my favourites on all of F-List. Keep it up!

You know, usually I don't read "d'aw" stories. Mostly because any writing with the only purpose to make me feel tender and stuff is probably going to be pretty bad, A story needs something more, I think.

And dude, this one has it.

And it's weird, given my dislike for cutesy-wootesy stories, but the thing that I liked the most in this one is not the comedy but the cute factor. Like, really, I'm still baffled by that. Don't get me wrong, I liked the comedy, and this is clearly a very funny story, but somehow you made Dash explaining Sweetie Belle how she nailed her sister a very cute scene.

So yeah, kudos again. I really liked this one. Reminded me of why I follow you.

This was the cutest RariDash I have ever read.
:rainbowkiss:
Have you read Salvation?

This was some funny Rainbow Dash. And the end was amazingly cute. :heart:

A perfect little story to read with a hot cup of tea :twilightsmile:

This story made me laugh great deal. The upvote and favorite were well deserved. Raridash is easily the least popular mane6 ship but you make it work. The mind of Rainbow Dash is certainly an interesting place.

Sex in the tub is the best!

...is what I would say if it actually happened to me :fluttercry:

Very sweet, I enjoyed the unusual pairing. :twilightsmile::heart:

4413342 ...Look again. Still, my point stands.

4414128 D'aw, Matti. This comment makes me sad, for some... really odd reason. For what it's worth, intercourse in a standand sized bath tub doesn't have much going for it. Uncomfortable, actually.:raritywink:
And I'm with some of ya; this might be my favorite RariDash ship story. Still crave more exotic ships with main+bg cast over over the eighteen "mane six" combinations. (Hope I mathed correctly. We know I can't English.):twilightblush:

God bless you
You shipping emperor
A scholar and a gentle person. I absolutely loved this story! Probably one of my new favorites. Always love seeing my favorite ship in the box and on my screen

That cover art is just beautiful...

Well this was hilarious. You are so good at writing from the (rather skewed) perspective of a character under the influence of their emotions, and I'm starting to see a pattern of doing this in your stories. Celestia's fog of memories, Rarity's denial addled lunch; you just know what details to focus on when reason is washed aside by the turmoil of the mind.

Just like with Twisting Between the Sheets, I found Rainbow somewhat more unfathomably oblivious than I could normally beleive, but the situation is so well crafted (and hilarious) that I don't mind. Flitter's role was genius, surely there's more than just one pony upset about love on this arbitrary spring day, but to be in just the right position to drive the plot like that? Comedy gold.

You write good, and have improved my day more than anyone has any right to. I'll be back.:rainbowdetermined2:

4414862
4415718
As if there was ever any doubt. :moustache:

4415718 wait was this a contest entry well whoops

well I still like it and

I dunno everyone is beautiful

Adorable ending, and Flitter's little revenge on lovers all around (and Dash blaming the weather central for putting her in charge of things!) was just plain funny. :pinkiehappy:

Best.

That's all I can really think to say right now because... well because this was simply fantastic. I laughed, I aww-ed, and I loved it.

4415789
I was getting around to it... eventually...

4415789
4416252
4415788

It does say so in the author's notes :trixieshiftright:

Well, despite TD making an absolute nuisance of himself whoring your story out the last few days, I have to say that it was quite humorous and rather enjoyable. :rainbowkiss:

My only complaint was that Dash's thoughts seemed overly wordy at times. :rainbowhuh:

Bahahaha, oh that was an utter treat to read!

Nice one, only thing that bothered me was that you made RD a bit too dimm. Still very funny tho'.

Also epic cover art.

Very well done, especially the transition of Rainbow's thoughts and feelings from one state of mind to another.

4416687
HEY JONDOR HAVE YOU READ THIS STORY.

IT IS REALLY GREAT.

LIKE YOU SHOULD READ IT.

Favourited for Dashie's comical, yet oddly realistic, love-inspired double-think. :rainbowderp: Although I'm not usually a fan of RariDash, I really loved how Rarity's down-to-earth nature offsets Dash's self-obliviousness without getting too much out of character. :raritywink: Plus, the whole thing was just a big two-chapter bundle of yay, so consider this my notice of double-favouriting, if such a thing was possible. :yay:

(Also, if you are so-inclined, I'd love to see a bonus chapter with that dinner scene... :rainbowwild:)

4418129 I stole the concept from angry comment threads of porn flashes :T

I just love it when Dash does an inner monologue.:trollestia:

Rainbow pulled away from her. “Don’t use those ones. I’m all muddy. It’ll ruin them.”

“I’ll use whichever towels I choose,” Rarity said. “They are mine to ruin. Now hold still.”

There's something about his one moment that seems to be perfect. You have Rainbow showing that she understands Rarity enough to know what is and isn't important to her and why they are important. At the same time Rarity simply doesn't care, because her marefriend is more important then even her best towels. It's a wonderful character moment between the two of them that shows just how much they care for the other.

4420508 Often it is the smallest of things that truly matter, for they are the most honest and pure.

But then why did Rainbow just buy a wagon load of apology bouquets?

Did a sense of failure come with those bouquets?

firstly holy god r.d.'s characterization was fucking perfect and secondly i hope to god my wife never reads this.
i would never hear the end of her comments of oh my god this is soooo like our first fight, you were so mopey apologetic and cute while trying not to be. awwwwww.
im 5'10'' 200lbs of muscle and covered in tattoos,scars and angry.
not cute,or soft ever.
and neither is rainbow dash.
i feel for her.

Login or register to comment