• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 262 Views, 1 Comments

The Diaries of Cyber Pulse - Deuterium



This is the story of Cyber Pulse, a slightly irritable Pegasus from the Coltish isles, and his daily life in Ponyville. What exactly happens, though, in the life of a pony who ISN'T always on some adventure?

  • ...
 1
 262

Entry 4: Friday, 29th of October

Nothing very interesting happened yesterday, hence I didn't write an entry. Today, on the other hand, was more interesting: Whilst I was on my way back from work today I bumped into this female earth pony. I was just about to apologise and walk away when I noticed something odd: This particular pony seemed familiar. Now, I’ll have to explain this, for ponies who may be reading this who shouldn’t be (case and point, Cornflake) who didn’t necessarily know me whilst I was in college. Whilst I was in college myself in Coltain we had a transfer student come in from Equestria to study Foal Development. Now I should mention that this was before I knew Cornflake, and at that time I was a bit of a social outcast, so making friends was a bit of a foreign topic to me, so when the transfer sat down next to me in the on-site café it came as a bit of a surprise to me. We very quickly made friends, and very firm friends at that. We'd talk to each other quite often during our breaks but we didn't get to see much of each other besides that. But then after she completed her Foal Dev course, she just left without warning. Just packed up and left for Equestria again. No warning at all.

I was pretty shocked at the time. I mean, she never even gave me any kind of contact details, so we couldn’t get in touch. She never contacted me either. So the years went by, I graduated and left, and I slowly forgot about her. But then today I bumped into her on the streets of Ponyville. And it was only after a few seconds that I realised: the pony I’d just bumped into was the very same earth Pony I’d befriended in college. This pony was Cheerilee.

So yeah, that was a pretty nice surprise. Cheerilee and I spent pretty much the whole rest of the day together, mostly wandering around Ponyville reminiscing about our college years. Cheerilee told me she’d got a job as a primary teacher, and even managed to introduce me to some of her students: a pegasus named Scootaloo, a unicorn named Sweetie Belle and an earth pony named Apple Bloom (whom I suspect may be a relative of Applejack). I'd actually seen them around Ponyville a few times, but normally they were doing some kind of weird stunt of some kind, so I was never really introduced to them until today.

Eventually, after sharing some long-delayed contact details, Cheerilee and I parted, and I returned home in high spirits. Upon my return, I was blessed with a rare sight: Cornflake, sober. Around this time he's normally off his head, but his supply of cider ran out yesterday. Actually, I note that he's been drinking a bit less than normal these past few months (in spite of Wednesday's vodka-thon). I wonder if he's actually started putting the money I force myself to to give him towards something decent? He did say that he'd be getting me a more "special" birthday present this year (My birthday's in about 3 days now!), but knowing Cornflake, I doubt that. So, in any case, nothing else that was too interesting happened today, so I'll end this entry.

Author's Note:

To be continued...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment