• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 4,882 Views, 84 Comments

Reversed Realities - The1975Dash



After babysitting her little cousin, Maria Pearson is frustrated; not at her cousin, but her drawing. It's missing one thing she can't think of; the pony's Cutie Mark. Eventually she gives up and falls asleep, waking up in the land she

  • ...
9
 84
 4,882

Time Flies

We all stood in silence, apart from the three fillies huddled together as they discussed something that was exclusive to their little group. Occasionally one of them popped their head out of the huddle to glance at me. I just looked around anxiously, receiving slightly embarrassed smiles from each of the older sisters. Rainbow was just like me, she was curious at what they were saying, so she tried to hover around them and listen, although each time they successfully blocked her efforts. Soon though, the trio disbanded and formed a line in front of me. AppleBloom stepped forwards and cheered “We are happy to say that we can accept a new member to our group.” The three of them whinnied to contain their excitement. “Aero, we’d like ya to be our newest member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!” she grinned and offered a hoof to me in friendship.

I looked up to the others and saw that AppleJack nodded at her sister “Well ah think that’s a mighty fine idea AppleBloom. Together I’m sure you’ll find your Cutie Marks.” She smiled and I was nudged forwards by Rainbow and clapped my hoof onto AppleBloom’s without realising.

“Wait, so that means you really want to?” Sweetie Belle’s eyes glimmered.

I was about to speak when Scootaloo cut in “We need to see you at AppleBloom’s to officially accept you though, and don’t think we just let anyone in.” I opened my mouth to speak again, but I was interjected again “We know you’re desperate, but save your voice for later. We need to know everything.” She explained, although I was going to say I wasn’t sure about joining. However, I couldn’t get a word in edgeways and the girls all seemed adamant that I was going to be their newest member; besides, it couldn’t hurt to have some friends in this world.

Rarity stepped forwards and looked down at the four of us. “Rainbow, can Aero fly?” This caused her to shake her head at Rarity “Well, her wings look perfectly fine. Perhaps you could teach her sometime.” Rarity winked at me and I looked back at my wings, only now realising that I had some control over them, as well as some feeling. I slowly flapped them and smiled at the feathers as the flowed through the air softly. It felt nice to actually stretch my wings out. Immediately I had Scootaloo dash next to me.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, could you teach me as well?” she asked, her tone sounding awfully close to begging. Rainbow nodded to her and smiled as she started to talk to Rarity and AppleJack about something else. My attention turned away from them and as I turned my head my vision was obscured by an excited looking Scootaloo “We’re gonna be taught by the greatest flyer in all of Equestria…I can’t wait.” She pulled me over to the other two. “You’ll never guess what me and Aero are going to do.” She stated proudly, and the other two just gave a roll of their eyes, but they smiled anyway. “We’re gonna have Rainbow Dash as our flying teacher. It’s gonna be so awesome, right Aero?” they all looked to me and I gave a shy nod in response before being hugged in a vice grip by my new friend “I knew she’d be as happy as me.”

The two others gave a small chuckle and joined in the hug, squeezing me tighter. “Oh crusaders careful.” Sweetie Belle squeaked and weakened her grip around me. I was soon joining the group hug, and not being squeezed. “What do you girls wanna do?” I shrugged as best as I could. She soon spoke out again “Rarity, can we take Aero home? You said that I can have a friend stay over.” She blinked twice at her older sister and made her bottom lip shake.

Rarity; broken away from her conversation looked at her sister and I could see that she was reluctant, and I couldn’t blame her. I was completely new to the area……not to mention the universe. To me it was obvious that she was going to say no. however, as I watched Rarity turn her head to look at me and then Sweetie Belle once more, she sighed and gave a faint smile “Okay, just make sure you girls are on your best behaviour. I’ll need to tell Twilight though. She wants to speak with Aero about a few things.” She turned back to her peers and started to guide AppleJack and Rainbow Dash away a little bit. “You girls go on and play. But don’t go near the Everfree forest, I’m sure Aero could tell you why when she remembers.” They trotted away and almost instantly I was pulled into a group huddle without even realising.

“So girls, what’s the plan?” Scootaloo asked and then looked directly across to me “Any ideas Aero?” I shook my head and looked across to Sweetie Belle “You don’t say much do you?” she giggled, smirking at me.

I went a light shade of red, noticeable even through my black fur as I flushed from the embarrassment. I wasn’t used to my voice and it was just strange to have a voice that sounded so much younger than my own, although my current voice was now the voice I had and despite my protest to talk, I had to just prove the young Pegasus wrong. “You try talking loads in front of new ponies you’ve never met.” I replied with a flare of sass. I began to grow fond of it, and I felt rather admired by them for just one second before Scootaloo answered back.

“Well it’s not really a problem for me. I’m not new. Where are you from anyways?” I blinked; her tone changed so quickly I almost didn’t have time to register, but then I found an old urge resurface in response to her.

A certain talent of mine was being vague just at the points where it really wasn’t necessary and I know how much it annoyed my parents. “I’m not from here.” I stated blankly, smirking at the filly.

AppleBloom cut into the centre of the huddle, preventing the potential argument from breaking out. “Now girls, we’re s’posed to be gettin’ along.” She chirped, grinning to try and maintain the peace she had found “Whilst you two were going at each other’s necks, Sweetie Belle and I had a great idea.”

I sighed in my head. This couldn’t be safe, whatever they were thinking. “Yeah, maybe we could get our Cutie Marks in being daring. Like…” Sweetie Belle looked around at the ground, kicking up a little bit of dust. “I’ve got it! We could get our Cutie Marks for being daring by being shot out of a cannon.” My eyes went wide in shock. Being shot out of a cannon was spoken of so lightly here. I blanked out for a second, but reeled back when I had all three with their eyes glued to me. “What do you think Aero?”

I groaned and tilted my head to the side as I traced a hoof along the floor “I..” I looked back at them to see all the hope in their faces and again, I sighed to myself ‘I’m gonna regret this. I can tell already.’ “I think it sounds awesome!” I giggled with glee and they joined me.

We rushed away from our standing point and headed to Ponyville. We were going so quick that I didn’t even realise when we got to Ponyville how far we’d gone. I followed them all to Sugarcube corner and we went inside. I was amazed at all the different cakes I saw. It was incredible how they managed to make the cakes with their hooves, but then again I had a sneaking suspicion that these hooves weren’t like the ones that were in my previous world. The treats were starting to make my mouth water and I had to quickly wipe away any drool. I was sure AppleBloom caught me and was even doing the same as me. We both giggled quietly when the two, who I presumed to be the owners of the bakery arrived. “Hello Mr and Mrs Cake. Is Pinkie Pie home?” Sweetie Belle asked.

The next thing we heard was a loud bang and crash before seeing the pink pony herself leap down the stairs. “Did someone call my name? Oh, it’s a guessing game. Was it…..you?” she pointed at me, her eyes going wide and serious. She quickly turned and did the same to the rest of them. “I give up, you’re good. I couldn’t get the answer from you. So, what do you want?” she grinned, leaning in to us. I felt a little bit creeped out by her, but I couldn’t help utter a small laugh at her actions. It seemed like she saw everything as a game, and to be honest it was a good trait, although it was the kind of thing that most people would have scorned back in my old home. “Oh let me guess again!” we rolled our eyes and Scootaloo took the initiative to grab a cupcake and shove it into her mouth. It made all of us laugh when she tried talking even though she had the cake in her mouth, making it impossible to understand her muffled speaking.

AppleBloom grabbed Pinkie’s head and pulled her closer. She smiled and whispered something into Pinkie’s ears, causing both of them to smile as Pinkie nodded. AppleBloom looked back at us and quickly saluted with a cheeky smile, letting us know that she had secured the deal for our plan. ‘Great’ I thought to myself ‘Now I have to do it.’ “Sooo…you want me to let you borrow my party cannon to shoot yourselves into the sky and get your cutie marks. That would be amazing!” Pinkie yipped excitedly. “Let’s get this show on the road everypony!” we were all grabbed and quickly whisked away.

Pinkie had got the cannon ready for us and we found an open area where I made sure that there would be as little chance as possible of crashing into some poor, unsuspecting pony’s home. Scootaloo volunteered to go first because she already had a helmet for the landing. Pinkie Pie gave me one of her helmets, and although it looked silly, I knew that it was good enough because of how much experience Pinkie must have had with that cannon, and the helmet. Sweetie Belle had her helmet, designed by her sister Rarity, and AppleBloom seemed to have a full-on crash helmet. She noticed me looking and blushed, giving a rather sad expression of distaste “Don’t ask. It’s just mah sister AppleJack is really overprotective of me.” I giggled causing her to blush even more “Please don’t laugh at me, ah can’t help it. Ah try tellin’ er all the time, but she doesn’t notice.” She sighed and I walked up next to her.

“Sorry AppleBloom. I just couldn’t stop myself. At least you have a sister to keep you safe.” I smiled and she returned with a small hug. I noticed the young Pegasus clamber into the cannon and Pinkie was standing beside like one of the royal soldiers in England; her face was blank of expression until Scootaloo made it in. she seemed to bounce into life again and set a spark on to the cannon’s detonating rope. “Are you sure we should do this?” I asked and received three nods, each from Pinkie, Sweetie and AppleBloom. “Okay then.” I shrugged and reluctantly watched as the cannon got closer to firing.

The spark reached the cannon and within an instant we heard a long bang and saw a certain orange Pegasus filly soar through the skies, her small wings flapping at lightning speed. I was sure that flapping her wings that fast would tire her out, but I wouldn’t say anything just in case I looked like an idiot to the others. We all gasped in wonder as we saw her disappear from view; maybe my safeguarding measures hadn’t been quite so perfect. How was I supposed to know that Pinkie’s cannon would rival any other military cannon. I sighed in relief as we all heard her cheer from wherever she landed “That was awesome!” we all giggled and Pinkie hugged us all. Once again I was feeling the force of a very strong hug.

“Which one of you brave crusaders are next?” Pinkie asked, setting up the cannon again. I wasn’t sure but I could have sworn that she changed the gradient in which the cannon pointed, but maybe I was just imagining things. “You have a go!” she pointed to me and grabbed me by the hoof, almost throwing me into the cannon. The inside of it was a lot softer than I thought and when I looked down I found out why; it was covered with confetti and various other party features that Pinkie was famous for bringing. “Now remember, try to flap your wings.” She warned.

I froze “Wait, what? Why do ahhh!” I screamed as I was shot out of the cannon. I did just as I saw Scootaloo do and I flapped my wings hard. I looked to the ground and saw that I was descending rather fast. I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and started flapping harder. Before too long all I could hear was the relentless flapping of my wings and my heavy breathing as I struggled to stay up, and then I heard something else. It was Scootaloo.

I had got past her, and yet she called as if it was a great thing. “Aero. Open your eyes!” I did as she said and opened my eyes slowly, seeing that I was not falling at all now. I looked across to see my small wings outstretched and I was flying. I was actually flying. Being on Rainbow’s back as she flew was fun, but this was so much more so. The wind I felt breeze past my mane was gentle and I started kicking my legs, cheering. “Way to go Aero! You’re flying!” Scootaloo yelled happily. I was a little bit surprised, considering that she would also want to fly. Yet she didn’t seem jealous that I had got to that stage before her.

I called out loud “I’m actually flying.” I was in utter disbelief and from above the land of Equestria; I could see just how scenic it all was. I looked back down at Scootaloo and gave a few more confident flaps of my wings before turning around and going back to her. Unfortunately, I got a little too over my head, and as I descended I closed my eyes to get myself down steadily. “I can’t believe it” I grinned again, but a gust of wind that I didn’t detect meant that I was nearly over turned and as I tried to right myself I lost all control and plummeted to the ground. It wasn’t one of those times where I was saved just before I hit. I hit the ground and I hit it hard. I hazily lifted myself up onto my legs and saw I made an actual dent in the ground.

Despite the obvious pain I was in, Scootaloo giggled “Well okay, you can nearly fly.” She smirked; her tone immediately snapping me out of my daze.

I pressed my face up against hers and we playfully glared at each other. “You saw it. I was flying and you know it.” My competitive side was starting to show itself. Scootaloo just laughed and repeated what she said the first time. “Well why is it nearly flying?” I questioned, starting to get a little too worked up about it, and it was obvious Scootaloo had worked out that I was easily wound up by anything that involved being good at anything, particularly if I was proud of said achievement.

She shrugged and smirked again, her eyes closed as she tried to hold back even more of her laughter. “Well. To be able to say you can fly means that you’ve gotta be able to land properly and you couldn’t do that, so you can ‘nearly’ fly.” She pointed her nose in the air and smiled triumphantly.

I was starting to get desperate for reasons and I was getting really annoyed now. “I can’t help it if the wind suddenly got stronger. That’s the first time I was flying by myself. How was I supposed to know the wind would do that?” I argued although it didn’t change her expression.

She held the same smug expression “Well, even if you just want to fly then you would know that if the wind changes then you have to adapt to it. It’s what all the best flyers do. Of course. I wouldn’t expect you to know that.” She flicked her tail at my nose. I was almost in a fit of rage and I wanted to argue my point as much as I could but I couldn’t even get another word in before we had AppleBloom land right in between us.

“Oof!” she grunted as she hit the ground. I can only imagine how much that hurt for her and I winced as she hit the ground on a rebound. I was n awe on how she just got up and shook it off, although I guess being a farm pony makes you pretty tough, but it was still ridiculous. She stood next to me and look to Scootaloo. “Hey Scoots did ya see Aero tryin’ ta fly. I couldn’t believe mah stars. She was actually flyin’ and it was amazin’.” I smirked back at Scootaloo and winked, my pride having been defended. “Uh girls. As much fun as that was, ah don’t see us getting’ our cutie marks from being shot out of a cannon. Sweetie Belle wouldn’t even do it. She was too scared. And ah don’t think that she wanted to be seen in that helme-aaaahhhh!” she screamed as Pinkie landed right next to her.

Pinkie grinned and looked around as we all came out from behind a bush after being startled like that “Oh hey! So, do you wanna go back now, or do you wanna do it again or what?” she neighed excitedly.

I lowered my head and looked up at her “No offence Miss Pie, but I think we’ve all agreed that we’re not exactly cut out to be daredevils like we thought at first.” I sighed in relief that the others had agreed that we shouldn’t do anything dangerous now. I stopped for a second and then frowned. “Did you leave Sweetie Belle on her own?” Pinkie shook her head. “Then who exactly did you leave her with?”

“With those other two fillies who said they are her friends of course, silly. I wouldn’t leave her with anyone. Duh.” Pinkie started to trot back to the cannon, which was very far away, but thank fully we hadn’t gone into the Everfree forest. “Huh. Does anyone smell something funny?” Pinkie asked before suddenly galloping. The three of us struggled to keep pace with her.

I started to pant hard “H-how is she so fast?” the other two were concentrating too hard on keeping up with Pinkie, so I just shook my head and continued to follow behind her, although this was proving too much of a task. “Pinkie, wait!” I cried out and within a flash she had stopped. She stopped quicker than any of us could react and we all tumbled into her, sending the four of us rolling along the ground. We screamed out, except Pinkie seemed to be screaming for joy.

When we came to a stop I stood up and shook myself back into sanity. When my vision stopped spinning and I steadied myself I saw that Sweetie Belle was indeed accompanied by two other ponies, and they looked to be her…our age too. I smirked “Last one there is a rotten egg.” I charged forwards towards Sweetie Belle and her two accomplices. I snuck a look back and saw that the two others fillies were staying behind, looking scared and worried for some reason. When I finally reached Sweetie Belle I actually grinned and hugged her as if I had been her friend forever. Again, I noticed how she had gone rather limp in her attitude. “What’s wrong?” I asked as I saw her start to sob.

“Who are you?” a voice sniped. I looked around to see the two other fillies that were with Sweetie Belle. I cleared my throat and smiled at them.

I put one hoof to my face “My name is Aero Crown. What about you?”

The magenta coloured pony just scoffed and glared daggers at me. Instantly I felt a little bit insecure now. “Haha, I see that the Cutie Mark Crusaders have made a new playmate. And she’s another blank flank.” The two fillies giggled with each other again “I am Diamond Tiara, and this” she pointed to the grey pony next to her “is Silver Spoon. “The two of them already appeared a bit too arrogant. I was tolerant and arrogant a lot of the time myself, but there was a limit, and these girl’s demeanours were just dripping arrogance and self righteousness. I rolled my eyes as they got together “bump bump sugarlump rump.” They chimed. I rolled my eyes again and sighed, stepping forwards even as I saw the others practically shake in their presence.

“You’re actually going to make me sick if you do that again.” I said, frowning at them. Once again all they did was laugh and call me a blank flank. “I think I’d rather have a blank flank than know you though.” I kept my tone flat; just to see if I could crack this girl. I smirked as the first signs were showing.

She huffed and got right into my face “Yeah, well we can arrange you being gone if that sounds better to you. You blank flanks are nothing special, you hear me?” she smirked back at me, flicking up one of her eyebrows. They both turned and started to trot away. I was seething with anger. I had just been openly insulted and I couldn’t do anything to bring her right back into the argument. I was about to charge for them, but was tugged back by my tail. I yelped at first and looked back to see that it was Sweetie Belle holding me back with her mouth on my tail.

I fell back and narrowly avoided crashing onto her. She looked at me with the same expression of despair that the other two showed me and I could see the last few tears she had been working up fade. “Don’t bother.” She sulked “Going after them won’t make them stop, believe me if it would then we would have done it a long time ago.”

I felt myself twitch with my anger fading, but still present. “I promise I won’t. I just don’t understand why she has to be such an arrogant, self centred little pony. What is her problem?” I raised an eyebrow, looking at Sweetie Belle curiously. However, she seemed too upset, so I stopped “Don’t worry about it. I took the brunt of it for you.” She leapt up to hug me. We in turn were knocked down as Pinkie and the other two joined the hug.

Pinkie lifted her head above us and her eyes darted across us as she smiled “So we’re done right?” we nodded. “So you and Aero go back to Rarity’s and I’ll take the other two back home. Heck I know AppleJack will be getting some cupcakes at this time anyway.” And she was gone with AppleBloom and Scootaloo in a quick pink flash.

I sat there for a moment “Is she seriously always like that.” Sweetie nodded and started to walk back, her head still hanging low. “Hey come on now. You’ll see that your future is brighter than those two.” I cooed and found a faint smile growing on her face “The more you smile the better you’re gonna feel.” I giggled and she gave a massive grin “Although maybe not that much.” She frowned at first until we both broke out into laughter. I was just thinking of how in one day I had managed to get so involved. It was more than I had done in most days of my life back in my human body. And yet I still had a whole slumber party with Sweetie Belle to get through yet as well as Twilight ‘discussing’ a plan for me to follow when I start living with her. It was gonna be interesting, that’s for sure.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys liked it and I hope that it's starting to seem a little bit more interesting now. Thanks for reading, bye.