• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 7,549 Views, 26 Comments

The Dragon The Mare and DragonFilly - Punsz



A short story about Spike, Rarity and their daughter Claire (Crystal Clarity) with a little bit of family fun and a little bit of other.

  • ...
6
 26
 7,549

Chapter 1 of 1

I awoke to find the bright lights of Celestia’s sun gleaming through my window, letting out a small yawn I felt the feeling of sleep leave me. I sat up on my bed next to me was a sleeping purple drake who was snoring as loud as an ursa major. Leaning down I gave him a small peck on the cheek, this caused him to stir a bit, but he ultimately went back to his snoring state.

"Good morning Spikey Wikey."Quietly stretching my legs and back I made my way out the room. Walking through my halls I made my way towards another room, opening the door, I saw a crib in the middle of the room a large toy chest next to it.

“Mommy!” looking towards the crib I saw a purple filly standing in her crib, a face of pure happiness looking at me. Walking over to the crib I smile at the filly in front of me, she was not an ordinary filly. She was a very unique breed being half pony and half dragon. Her name was Crystal Clairity and she was my beautiful crystal. “Mama up! mama up!” She was about one years old, she was able to say words, but not whole sentences.

“Why good morning my little crystal.” I picked up the little dragon filly levitating her in front of me. “Did you sleep well?” Earning a giggle from her, I kissed her on the cheek and placed her on my back. “Why not we get some breakfast hmm I’m sure that would wake up your father.” She let out a small squeal at the mention of her father.

“Daddy!” We made our way downstairs, upon entering the kitchen; I placed Clair down in a booster chair. I walked over to the stove.

“What should we make this morning hmm?” I looked over at Claire who was just giggling. This made me smile. “Hmm how about some pancakes hmm?” Hearing a confirmed squeal, I began the process of making our morning meal. Levitating a pan, eggs, milk and pancake mix. “Looks like we’ll have enough mix for the three of us.” Stirring the eggs and milk into the mix I readied the stove, humming a little tune I started to pour the pancake mix onto the pan. As the mix began to cook and the smell of pancakes began to engulf the room. I placed the finished pancakes on a plate, I then started to work on the next batch, as I was too busy making pancakes I didn’t realize a certain purple drake entering the kitchen. As I was finishing up the last batch of pancakes I was lift up from the ground and my body was wrapped by two large purple arms, their scales smooth and surprisingly warm, I turned around to see a certain drake smiling back at me.

“My my I must be one lucky dragon I wake up smelling pancakes and come to find my two favorite ladies making me breakfast.”

“Daddy!” The little dragon filly squealed at the sight of her father.

“And how's my lovely crystal doing this morning?” He walked over to her nuzzling her face.

“Mama pancakes!” Taking in the smell, he sucked in the aroma within his nostrils.

“Mmm and they smell amazing.”

“Oh Spike always such a gentle drake.” Walking up to me, he came in front of me with his face a mere centimeter away.

“Only for the most gorgeous mare of all of Equestria.” Our lips grew closer as we kissed, but the moment was interrupted by a certain filly blowing a raspberry.

“Icky!” Turning around Spike made his way towards Clair.

“Icky? What do you mean icky my little Claire loves getting kissy kissy with her daddy.” Within second Claire was being covered in kisses by her father, she started to squeal letting out a giggle. Playing along I joined in the act.

“Oh no a horrendous dragon is eating my little filly” Called out in a dramatic voice.

“Mommy!” Claire called out between giggles.

"Unhand my daughter you ruffian!" I playfully yelled. I pretended to slap him on his head.

"Ack!" With one swift motion he fell on his back, sticking his arms and legs in the air, his tongue sticking out of his mouth. Looking over her chair, Claire started to giggle at Spikes expression.

"Daddy is being funny!" I looked down at him, he gave me a wink while still keeping the face.

"Why yes he is." Walking over the so called "dead" dragon I picked up three plates of pancakes. "Well I guess that means we get more pancakes." Placing two of the plates on the table and the third in front of Claire.

“Hey what about me I want some!” Moving the plate away from Spike.

“Hush you, dead dragons don’t get to eat pancakes.” I stuck my tongue out on him, started to eat my plate of pancakes. Letting out a pout he sat up, after a couple of seconds a single pancake fell on his face.

“What the!?!” Looking up he saw Claire smiling at him.

“Daddy eat too.” I let out a small giggle.

“Well thank you Claire.” Using his snake like tongue he scooped the lone pancake into his mouth. “Well at least one of my girls is nice enough to give me some food.” He teasingly said. I rolled my eyes at his statement and placed his plate in front of him.

“I swear sometimes I still think you’re a big baby.” Looking up, his mouth was stuffed with pancakes, he smile showing his teeth which was also covered in pancakes. Rolling my eyes again, I placed my half eaten pancake on Claire’s plate since she so generously donated half of her to her father. After we finished our meal I started to gather the plates and silverware. Spike took Claire to the living room; they would usually play some sort of game or what not. I started to wash the plates and as I did I started to look through my mental schedule. ‘Alright first off I have to deliver the new dresses, then I have to go meet Fluer De Lis about her new designs and...”

“Rawr!” Looking behind I saw Claire running into the room happily giggling, behind her stood Spike stand on his two legs and his arms raised in the air. “Rawr I’m a big scary dragon and I’m looking for a little filly.” Running between my legs Claire hid herself.

“Mommy help!” She squealed happily hiding her face.

“Aha you’re back are you I told you last time to leave my daughter alone!” I said playfully. Levitating a wet towel from the sink I winded up and held it within striking distance.

“Oh no!” He screamed. “Not the wet towel of doom!” With one swift motion I whipped the towel on his chest, jumping back he rubbed the whipped. “Ow that actually hurt Rarity.” Looking he saw that I had smug look on my face. “Rarity?...OW! OK OK I give OW!” Whipping the towel multiple times I heard a cheer from Claire.

“That’ll teach you.” Claire ran out between my legs and past her father who was rubbing multiple areas of red on his scales.

“You know didn’t have to whip so hard.” He said giving a pout. I walked up to him and planted a quick kiss on his cheek.

“Oh hush you big baby.”

“Oh by the way I think you’ll have to watch Claire today I have to do some long distance errands for Twilight.”

“But I’m on a busy schedule today.”

“I know, but I don’t think I can take Claire with me the distance is too long.”

“Hmm alright I’ll take her today.” Giving him a quick kiss I made my way upstairs. Heading into my room I went inside the bathroom to wash up, after taking a quick shower, I blow dried my hair and made sure I was presentable to be outside. Walking out the bathroom and into my room I started to pack to I what need to be packed, making sure all dresses were in order and the design all in check I made my way downstairs. I saw Spike holding two large packages on his back.

“Well I’ll be going now.” We kissed a goodbye as he opened the door.

“When will you be back?” I asked. He took a minute to think over it.

“Maybe later tonight probably after dinner.”

“That late where could you possibly be going?”

“I don’t know some town on the edge of our borders, don’t worry I’ll be fine.” Even though I knew he would be fine I still had a worry look. The sound of little footsteps were heard, we both looked up to see Claire running towards the door. “Aww did my little wanted to say bye to her awesome dad?” She ran into his arms and he picked her up giving a kiss on her cheek, he placed her back down on the ground.

“Bye Daddy!” Giving one more wave of good bye, he left the house closing the door behind him. I looked down at Claire who looked back at me.

“Well today you’ll be with mommy how does that sound?” Nodding her. I picked her up and placed her on my back. We walked back upstairs, I had to make sure I had everything ready and prepared. “Are you ready to go?” With winter around the corner I wrapping a pink and white striped scarf around my neck.

“Go! Go!” Was her only reply. Picking up the suitcase, we made our way back downstairs. I picked a filly seat and placed it on my back, levitating Claire into of the seats we left the house. It was still early in the morning, but the streets of Canterlot were just as busy at it would be during the day. Walking through the busy streets I made my way towards my destination, I sense the curious stares from the many bystanders as I walked past them. I will admit it some ponies still look down upon me and my family at times, but as time went on things really have settle in some sense, but of course there are those side conversation of me being with a dragon and having a child with him. Even with all that it doesn’t bother me I just worry about Claire and how all this will impact her as she gets older. Having those thoughts in my head I didn’t realize that I was already at my destination. A theater house whose owner was my client, he wanted costumes for the play and somepony suggested my work, so here I am. Entering the theater I was greeted by a sky blue stallion who was wearing a scarf and a pair of sunglasses.

“Um Mr.HoofSpeare?”

“Yes?” Alright he’s the pony. Levitating the suitcase in front of him.

“Hello my name is Rarity the one who you called about the costumes.” A smile formed on his face.

“Ah Yes Rarity yes yes yes I’m so glad you could make it on time do you have the costumes all set and ready?” I nodded my head Carefully taking out the different costumes I revealed each and everyone to him. “Ah Simply marvelous I really must thank you for your hard work."

"My darling you give me too much credit as it is."

"Nonsense I was right to ask for this job to be done by you." He raised his hoof to thank me, but stopped I realized his attention was towards Claire whose been busying herself by playing with her small claws.

"Oh I'm sorry this is my daughter Crystal Clarity." Looking back at him I was surprised with the face he made.

"Uh...so this is the so called dragon filly of yours hmm?"

"Yes this is my daughter she's quite..."

"Strange." Hoofspeare interrupted.

"I beg your pardon?" He made his way next to me and examined Claire.

"So this is what a dragon pony filly looks like, my my not as disturbing as I imagined." Claire looked up at the colt.

"Hello." She said with a smile.

"Oh my it talks!" As if his mind was completely blown away he came up close to Claire. "I wonder what else it can do." Feeling a vein pop I immediately turned around to face him.

"Sir if you please would stop referring to my child as it I would really appreciate that." I said trying to control myself.

"I'm sorry, but it's just so interesting seeing this kind of...of...well species, does it eat our food or dragon food or does it eat other things, or does it spew out fire?" "Slamming a hoof on the ground.

"Sir that is enough! I will not stand idly by as you insult my daughter with those ridicules comments." Making my ways towards the door I stomped away with every step. Before exiting the build I turned back to look at him.

"I'm expecting the full pay to be mailed." And with that I left the theater house. I realized that I was in the theater house longer than I thought because Celestia's sun was replaced by Luna's moon. "Hmm it's getting late." Looking back at Claire I saw her trying to keep herself awake and looked back up at a nearby clock. "I guess I'll have to reschedule my get together with Fleur next time." I looked back down at Clair. "Hmm is my little crystal getting tired." Looking back at me with drowsy eyes.

"Sleepy." Letting out a yawn Claire started to drift off into sleep.

"Well I'm sure that is a yes...oh." Small white stars fell started to fall around us. "It's snowing." Hearing the word snow, Claire slowly opened her eyes only for them to expand within seconds at the sight before her. "Oh doesn't this look marvelous darling the first snow is always the most beautiful." I saw Claire attempting to catch the separate snowflakes floating around her. It weas moments like these that I loved the most, wither it is with Spike, my friends, or my family I will always love these times. Looking back down at Claire I started think about if this will all be different as time goes on. Shaking the thought away I continued to walk back home with a smile on my face and a playful dragonfilly on my back.

Author's Note:

Just a story I wanted to write about based off the art work of kilala97
you can find the picture here
http://kilala97.deviantart.com/art/Late-Night-Errands-With-Mom-417311116


Did some small editing too some things people pointed out sooooooo yeah.

Comments ( 26 )

Promising, but this needs to be edited quite heavily. Get a pre or proofreader.

Cute story. I like it. Best of luck with the next one.

4243125 I agree with you.

It felt like either some words were missing, or there just run-on sentences, though not very many. All-in-all, very good story with lots of feels.

Can u write more stores abut crystal clarity

4243486 hmm yea reading over i do see a few things thanks for telling and yea sorry dont really have anytome to usually proofread stuff

4243727 it's fine. If you want, if I, not swamped in work, I'd be happy to proofread your paper.

I can give you my email if you want.

4243740 ph that would be very helpful im still trying to improve my work it would helpful if you could

Seems like I shall be jumping on the bandwagon in saying cute story, iffy execution. Mostly grammar and spelling. Bread instead of breed, arens instead of errands, and so on. However, you can teach or learn spelling and such, heart takes a little more effort, and you have that going on. Doesn't hurt that Claire is adorable all on her own.

4243812 oh the minor yea i usually write late at night i kinda dont pay attention half the time

4243762 I'll do what I can.

Here's my email if you need it:

brian@walshfest.com

Comment posted by TheOneAJ deleted Apr 17th, 2014

4243812 Thanks for pointing those out

Please edit this.

Other than that, cute lil' story. :twilightsmile:

god these stories are my kryptonite.

This is a nice story — but with a little bit of editing, this could be even better. :twilightsmile:

Nice story and I do love the artwork :pinkiehappy:

4253480 thanks if you want to see more of that art check kilala69 on deviantart her work is amazing

Now these are the type of stories I enjoy. :twilightsmile:

- Claire is sooooo cute!:yay:

Unless his scales have gotten thinner with growing up, or Rarity has been working on raw power, the bit with the towel doesn't seem to make sense.

It also ends a bit abruptly, but I guess that is OK.

"It's not an IT,Creature or MONSTER ,I Fumed it's my child.":raritycry: "The bill has been doubbled!":raritywink:

Personally I would've just cancelled that clients order, especially after constantly calling Claire "It".

Good story BTW.:pinkiehappy:

Pure dawwwwwww

So cute; I love this! :heart:

Login or register to comment