• Published 3rd Apr 2012
  • 13,510 Views, 225 Comments

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Friendship - RevenantHunter



Somehow winding up in Equestria, Johnny Blaze has to survive as a pony and control the Rider in him.

  • ...
11
 225
 13,510

This is Interesting

Author's Note: I guess I have no real way to excuse myself for being late with this story. I guess things have just been keeping me busy, what with the forum I'm a member of and Skype conversations going on. can only imagine what it'll be like once I graduate from high school later in May. Maybe with school no longer being a problem, and college ideas going though my head, I might actually be able to write more often. I'm also going to write this chapter differently than the previous ones, since this would feel better to type.

I owe you guys a chapter, so I SHALL GIVE YOU A CHAPTER!


Johnny only sat back as he felt the Angel of Justice give him power, feeling the internal heat in his whole body. The need to give these assholes what was coming to them started to fill his mind and block out other thoughts. His body seemed to leak black smoke as the first stallion came forward, the dark yellow one with the red buzzcut.

The stallion was simply charging him, looking to ram him down with pure strength.

Johnny, or rather, the Rider, flapped his wings and flew over the stallion. He flapped again and flew straight down slamming his legs into the stallion's back. He savored the feeling of cracking bones before jumping off of him and running at the green coated, blue maned stallion, leaving behind a yellow stallion screaming in pain and convulsing on the ground.

The green stallion, a unicorn if Johnny figured by the horn on his head, lit the green horn with magic and tried to blast the speeding and justice-seeking pegasus, but Johnny, or Zatharos, simply flapped his wings again and took to the air, but the stallion grabbed him in a telekinetic grip and threw him into the side of a stone house. Johnny grunted at the impact, but he only started to laugh.

The green unicorn stallion only gave a 'weirded-out' look as he took a step back, saying, "What kind of freak are you?!"

Johnny, still laughing, looked up at the stallion.

His eyes looked like black pools of nothingness.

"You're final judgement."

The leader, the purple stallion, yelled at his frozen cohort, clear frustration at their tails being beaten being shown on his features.

"Come on Vines! Kick his bucking rump already! Or am I going to have to help you do it, you weak foal!"

Johnny's head whipped over to the purple stallion as the one named Vine yelled, "Give me a break Void! This guy's a freakshow! Look what he did to Trench!"

Johnny Blaze slowly moved to Vines as the stallion was distracted. With a strong flap of his wings a strong push from his legs, he tackled the stallion to the ground, rolling in the dirt before pinning him down. He grinned widely, an insane look in his eyes as he looked at the now terrified stallion.

Johnny slowly opened his mouth, his eyes wide as an unnatural whispering noise came from his mouth.

Meanwhile, the Element Bearers were in different stages of astonishment. Fluttershy stopped looking after Johnny broke Tench's back, Rarity was appalled at the brutality, Rainbow and Applejack were simply at a loss for words, but Twilight's eyes were narrowed. 'What the.....that feeling....that aura.....what does it mean....' Her eyes started to show hidden fear. 'What is he?'

Johnny's grin was still in place as he started to stare deeply into Vine's eyes, his features twitching as the smoky haze surrounding him started to grow in density. The whispering was starting to turn to get louder.

Vine was terrified. It felt like every emotion he not only caused Derpy, but every other pony he wronged was flowing through him, burning him in the intensity of the hate that they carried deep down.

He started to scream as the whispers grew louder and the voices of those he picked on, robbed, and beaten started to scream at him, feeling like they were boring deep into his mind and pulling out every wrong and sin he ever did trough his eyes.

Johnny was grabbed in a magical grasp of purple as Void yanked him away from Vines, throwing him through the window of a flower shop across the street.

Vine was paralyzed from the terror as he heard the voices leave, the emotions stop burning him alive. He whimpered and curled up on the dirty street as Void ran up to him. "Get the buck up Vines! We need to get outta here before the guards show up!" Vine only whimpered in response. Void glared at him. "Forget you then! I'm outta here! I don't need a weakling like you!"

With those parting words, Void ran down the street, leaving a terrified Vines and a now unconscious Trench behind.

XXXX

Princess Luna stopped shaking as she looked over at Ponyville. She felt the strange anger suddenly evaporating. The moon regent shook her head and brought her breathing back under control. "It is gone sister....I can't sense it anymore."

Princess Celestia looked down at her sister with a confused expression before looking back over at Ponyville through the open window. Her horn glowed and an empty piece of parchment floated over, followed by a quill and inkwell.

Luna looked at her curiously. "What are you writing 'Tia?"

Princess Celestia looked didn't answer right away, making sure to finish her letter before speaking. "I am arranging a visit for us. I'm curious to what could have caused you to feel this way. For the safety of our little ponies, we must see for ourselves."

XXXX

The door to the flower shop opened and a dazed Johnny Blaze walked out, a few shallow cuts on his forelegs leaking a little amount of blood. He coughed before taking a few steps forward. His legs ached and his skull felt like it was full of smoke.

Considering what Zatharos did, he wasn't surprised.

The chain he had around his waist, which had forgotten he was even carrying, clinked as the glass trapped within it slid across the metal. He coughed again, looking back at the damage of his less-than-graceful entry. The window was shattered to bits, the table he slid across was scratched up from his chain, and the shelf he had ran into was tipped over, its contents scattered across the floor.

He gave a sheepish smile at the three mares, all of them carrying flower related cutie marks, looked at him in shock.

"Uh....don't worry, I'll pay for that. I'll help you rebuild it even!"

His smile became VERY strained when the pale raspberry coat and light gold mane simply fainted right where she stood.

"Um, bye!"

With that, he charged out of the door.

He stopped when he noticed the grey mare with crooked eyes was looking at him. He didn't want to make a joke about her eyes. It's cruel to mock someone for their disabilities. Johnny trotted over to her as she continued to stare at him.

He grinned reassuringly and took the mailbag he had grabbed and gave it to her. "Here you go miss. I hope they didn't cause you too much trouble."

The mare only continued to stare at him before suddenly grinning. She pulled him into a tight hug, the embrace knocking the air out of Johnny's lungs.

"OH THANK YOU THANK YOU MISTER!"

Johnny grinned despite his brain cells dying from the lack of oxygen. "Nnnno p-problem mi-...miss...." The grey mare let him go, flashing a big, goofy smile. "I'm Derpy Hooves! It's nice to meet you! And what's your name?" Johnny took a few deep breaths, but still smiled. "I'm Johnny Blaze, Derpy." He grinned this time. "I hope your okay, ma'am."

Derpy giggled and blushed a little. "I'll be fine. I was on break anyways, but since you got my mailbag back, I'll be able to continue my rounds!" She grinned again and reached into her bag. Johnny raised a brow at what she pulled out and offered. "Muffin?" Johnny didn't know how, or why she carried muffins with her.....but hey, it's not everyday a mail carrier offered you a muffin. Especially a chocolate chip one.

"Thank you." He managed to grab the muffin. The greyish white pegasus smiled again. "Now you be careful now. Don't want those thugs to...pick on you again." Derpy nodded enthusiastically again, giving Johnny another hug before taking off and hovering to wave goodbye, albeit a little shakily. "Bye Johnny Blaze!"

Johnny waved back as the bobbing grey pegasus left, nearly hitting a light pole before disappearing around a corner.

He turned around...

...and saw six ponies standing barely five feet from him.

Johnny gave a poorly made innocent smile.

"Is something wrong?"

Twilight gestured with her hoof as the other five turned to leave. "Please, follow me to the library. We need to discuss things with you." Johnny gave a sigh of defeat as he followed after them. He had no point in arguing, since he still had to at least fix his image and keep them from finding out about Zatharos. He didn't want to scare them. He idly looked at the muffin he had resting on one of his wings.

It brought a smile to his face.

'At least I helped someone....'

He then looked back at the crowd gathering around the medical-looking ponies that were loading a catatonic Vines and a still unconscious Trench into the back of a white carriage with a red medical cross on it.

'...but at what cost....'

Author's Note:

I apologize if it's too short! I should really watch more Ghost Rider in order to get Nicholas Cage's character down better and such. It's kinda hard to pinpoint his behavioral patterns for some reason....

Well, tips could help.

......I wonder what would happen if the real Nicholas Cage read this.....

Oh well, that's a thought process for another time.

(EDIT) Due to some comments, this chapter, and possibly the others, will likely go through some editing. And I'm not trying to COMPLETELY base the character off of Nicholas Cage, I just want Johnny Blaze to carry an attitude similar to that, where he is cracking jokes at bad times and being semi-formal. Jeez, hard to make behavioral patterns for a pre-made character that's clearly not mine.

Comments ( 85 )

There is something that I NEED to know. Will the story in anyway have even a small part of Ghost Rider 2?

I thought that this was the comic ghost rider not the movie:twilightsheepish:

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr... and dont keep us waiting for months this time!!!!:flutterrage:

2309707 - I'm trying for that, but I still have to keep the movie and the comics balanced. I can't favor one over the other. Sorry.

2309728 - The second movie is what drove em to write this, since I find the more...savaged-esque Ghost Rider a little more appealing.

2309731 - I again apologize for the wait. I truly am sorry for it, but things have been keeping me occupied.

2309707

I hope not. I thought the second one was terrible. But the First one was Awesome!

2309796 personally im ok with the plot of the movies just not... ugh cage

2310032 - Well sir, you actually reminded me that I was going to edit the character tags because it actually did look like I had too many tags.

liking the story so far :pinkiehappy:

needs more splosions and fire, lots of fire and fireworks - theyre pretty much esploding fires :pinkiehappy:

I am shocked i really thought this story was dead whelp unexpected suprise is unexpected

*prepares Nicholas cage voice * NOT THE BEES NOT THE BEES AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ONE WENT INTO MY EYE. Yeah his behavior pattern is hard to do :ajsleepy:

"Come on Vines! Kick his ass already! Or am I gonna have to do it you damn idiot!"

And...that is where you lost me. Ponies using human curses so readily in a superhero story thusly making them TOO human and diminishing the contrast between Demonic Hell Rider and pony society to the point where you might as well have just added a new coat of paint on humans and called them equines.

Unfavorited (though not disliked.Disliked aren't generally used for things that aren't my bag and dissappointed me like this one, since I could sort of smell the direction you were heading towards from the beginning but was hoping you would wise up and steer away from it. Though you went off the deep end, I can't say I was surprised, and you didn't go AS FAR as some other stories I've read, so I won't press the dislike button).

Auf Weidershen, goodnight.

I should really watch more Ghost Rider in order to get Nicholas Cage's character down better and such. It's kinda hard to pinpoint his behavioral patterns for some reason....

Ahem, I'm sorry... WHAT?

Dude dude dude... you're looking in the entirely wrong place. You're writting a Ghost Rider fic, based on the movies?! What kind of crap is that? READ. THE DAMN. COMICS. They are so much better than the movies it's not even funny.

I mean... sure, watch the movies if you want, but I just feel that the comics tell the story of a much cooler character. Actually, that feels like I'm harping a bit too much. I love the fic, don't get me wrong. Feel free to ignore this entire comment if you want. Just... at least check the comics out? I'm not talking about the old crappy ones. Try the 2006 relaunch. I really enjoyed those.

Again, love the fic. Hope I didn't sound too harsh at the beginning.

It's just... to speak quite frankly, in my eyes the movies suck. They caught the true sense of the Ghost Rider, but that's all they did. Story was crap. Characters were crap. Hell, EVERYTHING was crap. The comics are the exact opposite. Try reading at least one of them, and hopefully you'll see what I mean. :unsuresweetie:

honestly. i would have johnny be a bit sarcastic feel. Have him be like a Dash with a better trimmed ego, and well, hate anything bad.

Come on people, I'm still trying to break the frickin' ice here. I'm not trying to make the next Fallout: Equestria, I'm trying to write a story that people will like reading.

I'm not Stephen King for god's sake.....

(EDIT) Fine, I'll go and edit the last chapter, like I planned to do tomorrow, since it's late where I'm at, but I'll do it now. Then I can go and do more editing later. Jeez.....I'm not the best author out there.

*Sigh*, I really need to sleep and not let my emotions get the best of me....

I apologize if I upset anyone.

I read this in Cage's voice. Now sure how I feel about this.

Johnny isn't supposed to be afraid of the rider, in the comics he and Zarathos even talk to each other in his head. As well, Johnny can use the Ghost Rider powers himself, they just aren't nearly as powerful as when Zarathos is in control. Still, I like the fic. Also... "Hell hath no fury like a flaming skeleton on a motorcycle" sorry, I had to toss one of his quotes from UMVC3 in there.

Thought you could use this as your picture for this story:
i49.tinypic.com/9pnxhu.jpg

2310953 - Thanks, but I have a friend who might be able to draw a cover for me. I'll keep the picture in mind though.

2315548 I know, right? Best threat in the world! Right guys?
...Guys? :rainbowlaugh:

Please let their be more soon.:fluttershysad:

Try the ghost rider comics, they are much better than the movies.

You have to make another one these are awesome :rainbowkiss:

When is the next chapter coming out? This and the others even the prologue was really good.

Read one of the Ghost Rider quotes on the Marvel wiki. You should get a good idea of how Johnny Blaze acts.

hmmm this is awesome need more for this fic please update soon.:pinkiehappy:

good story so far. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

keep going bro its going strong so far:twilightsmile:

This story is geting more introesting keep it up :-) (sory for spelling)

Awesome story you got here! Can't wait for more.

Hope you get a bout of inspiration soon, I'll look forward to more. :twilightsmile:

Please make another chapter, this story is awesome!

moar there arnt many ghost rider fics.

Update please!

:ajbemused:UPDATE:flutterrage:UPDATE:trixieshiftleft:UPDATE:twilightangry2:UPDATE:moustache:

I love the storie this is by far the BEST STORIE EVER and I hope the next chapter will be out soon

With all of these awesome fanfic's i'll NEVER get done with homework

moooooooaaaaaarrrr!!!

Why so short of a chapter!

When is the next chapter?

wow...the spirit of justice is not to be crossed

I like it so far, i only have one issue with it that being johny losing hi's shit way too easily.I though he had control over the spirit and only lost it when innocent blood got spilled but i suppose it could be looked over.

Awesome.
I waiting for the next chapter.

UPDATE THIS STORY OR I WILL EAT YOUR STINKING SOUL!!!!!!!

Sorry everyone. But it would seem this story is dead.

Plz next chapter!

Black Tribal, when will be next chapter of this story?!:flutterrage::flutterrage:

Login or register to comment