• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 1,635 Views, 25 Comments

Avengers: Equestria's Mightiest Heroes - Slam-Manian



The adventures of Iron Mare and her friends as they off against Super villans, a Time Travelling Warlord, the God of Chaos himself and many farther beyond

  • ...
6
 25
 1,635

Act 0: Ch.8 Red Colt The Head of HYDRA

Act 0: Avengers Initiative

Ch.8 Red Colt the Head of HYDRA

The two raced for the hatch, making it just in time before it closed up. The plane then began to speed up, causing the girls to slightly lose their hoofing for a moment. Seconds later they felt their bodies being pressed down as the plane clearly ascended, rising up into the air. Applejack managed to push herself up and move toward a bay window and saw the plane moving further and higher up away from the castle and soon enough the island. “No turnin’ back now, sugarcube,” Applejack said, turning to help her sister up.

“No turning back undeed, Herr Captain,” Said a familiar voice.

Applejack and Applebloom turned around to see the Red Colt’s werepony lieutenant, Wolfgang Von Strucker standing between a couple of large crates to his right and left. “Strucker, Ah was wonderin’ where you were hidin’ out,” Applejack said, she and her sister taking a prepared stance.

“Ah, yes, Herr Red Colt has sent me to handle the two of you, vunce and for all.” the crimson wolf growled. He then pulled his fists up and banged them against the two massive crates beside him. The crates shook for a moment before the front boards creaked as they fell open forward. As they crashed open to the ground, the Captain and her companion were greeted to the site of two mismatched creatures sitting quietly and calmly inside a pair of capsules, much like the ones inside the lab.

One was an elephant, only it stood on its hind legs with two pairs of arms laced with rough alligator skin, two tusks and two trunks that were actually a pair of writhing, venomous snakes. The other was a large alligator, but it’s body was elongated, about twelve feet long, with ten pairs of stubby legs running the full length down. Its tail was rounded out with sharp, deadly spikes, while atop its head it had four pairs of sharp eyes and on the sides of its jaw were a pair of pincers.

The lieutenant smiled as he reached into his pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a remote control of some sort. He twisted a dial on the contraption, causing the capsules to open, but the creatures still remained docile. “Now, let’s see if the famous Super Soldier can handle some of HYDRA’s greatest weapons, the Chimera.” the young wolf said as he turned another dial.

The collars on the beast’s necks lit up and instantly, the monsters eyes shot open as growled quickly escaped their maws. “Uh, Ah’ll take the ugly one,” Applebloom said with a raised brow and a weary smile.

Applejack simply steeled herself for what she knew would come next. The monstrous elephant chimera wailed as it charged forth, it’s footsteps shaking the cargo hold around them. To their surprise, the beast quickly closed the distance; when it reached them, it raised its four arms up to attack. They quickly dodged to the side, just as the monster’s attack connected, putting a relatively big dent in the floor. Applejack quickly righted herself and saw the alligator chimera sneaking up behind Applebloom as it clung to the wall behind her. “Applebloom, on yer six.” She shouted, before she pulled her shield up and flung it toward the monster.

Applebloom ducked just as the shield flew overhead, hitting the creature on its head, causing it to fall from the wall. Applejack’s shield flew back just as the elephant came at her and threw a punch. She instinctively pulled her shield up to take the attack. Upon impact, her shield took the brunt of the impact, but she had to brace her hind legs as the brute pushed her back, knocking her a few feet. Applebloom watched her sister play defense, but knew she had to do something. She soon heard hissing and jumped back as the Alligator Chimera rose up, hissing and growling at her as drool poured out from its jaw, it’s eyes glaring down at her. It snapped at her, but she quickly jumped back, dodging the attack. The horrendous reptile was faster than it appeared as it continued to snap and bite at her, trying to devour her in one bite. She continued to dodge, she noticed her sister doing the same. Her eyes quickly glanced over to the Lieutenant, still holding that remote from earlier.

Gotta get that remote away from him, she thought to herself as an idea sparked to life in her head.

Just as the monster snapped at her, Applebloom reared back and bucked the beast on its snout. It wailed as it shook its head in pain before glaring back down at her. “C’mon, yah bug-eyed, leather faced freak, this way!” said Applebloom, shaking her flank in a taunting manner before she ran off.

The Chimera hissed in frustration before following after its prey. Meanwhile, Applejack continued her bout with the elephant chimera, the brute was clearly no pushover. With four powerful arms, not to mention the obvious outclass in sheer weight, her only real choice of action was to protect herself. The beast’s lower right arm came at her side, to which she pulled her shield up to take the hit, baring her teeth under the strain. The Chimera quickly followed up with a left hook from his upper left arm, to which she countered by ducking underneath the attack.

Suddenly she found the creature’s snake trunks hissing and lashing down at her. Applejack quickly pulled her shield up over her head, causing the serpents to painfully slam their heads against it. The snakes writhed around in pain as the elephant pulled all its arms up to crush her completely, but before the captain could make a move, the chimera wailed in pain as it’s back jerked and arched back. Its body seemed to go stiff rigid and before long the beast fell back. Upon impact, Applejack heard a distinct ‘crack’ as the whole plane shook for a moment.

Applejack did her best to brace herself and keep from falling down. When the shaking finally stopped, Applejack looked up just in time to see her little sister stand atop the elephant’s stomach. “Seriously, what would yah do without me?” the filly said with a toothy grin.

Before the mare could retort, they heard the lieutenant shout, “No! No! Get up, you vorthless beasts ov burden!”

Applejack then ran up the chimera’s body and then jumped as high as her legs would allow. While in the air, with only a glance she saw the young werewolf fumbling with the remote control. She quickly contorted her midsection and spun her body in midair and when she came around full circle, she loosed her shield, sending it flying down toward the distracted dog of war. Strucker’s ears tweaked at the sound of something cutting through the air. He looked up just in to see the captain’s shield fly down and smack into his paw, knocking the device from his grasp, as well as knocking the pup on his tail. Hitting the floor with painful thud, Strucker lay dazed for a moment as the shield hit the floor right next to his head before hitting the wall behind him and then against the ceiling. Strucker then heard the distinct sounds of hooves clopping toward him.

He then pulled himself up, quickly pulling his pistol from his holster. When his eyes caught sight of Applejack, she was already off the ground, making a midair grab for her shield. He then cocked the pin of the barrel back, taking aim at the defenseless mare, but before he could pull the trigger, he heard a somewhat, high pitched voice yell, “Ah don’t think so!”

He then felt something plow into him, knocking him back down, causing him to drop his weapon. He looked down to see Applebloom trying to hold him down. He growled before pulling his right paw up, extending his claws to dispatch the filly the old fashion way. Suddenly Applejack’s battle cry caught Strucker’s ears, just before the captain brought down not only her shield but the whole of her weight down on his arm. All three heard the disgusting sound of bones being crushed and snapping until Strucker roared out in agonizing pain. He quickly pulled up his fully functional arm and swung it at the two sisters, knocking them back against the wooden crates. Mustering what strength he could, Strucker scurried off, deeper into the ship, clutching his shattered limb beside him. Applejack quickly pushed herself up and made her way over to her sister’s side. “Seriously, what are yah gonna do without me,” Applejack joked as she helped her sister up.

“Let’s hope I don’t have to find out anytime soon,” Applebloom chuckled as she dusted herself off.

“C’mon, let’s get after Strucker,” the captain said, heading in the lieutenant’s direction. “he couldn’t have gotten far.”
Applebloom nodded as she followed behind her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airship’s Weaponry room

Strucker had managed to put some distance between himself and the ponies, but he knew they’d catch up soon enough. He looked down at his mangled arm to try and assess the damage. His disfigured limb was all but completely flattened. His fingers broken and pointing in all the wrong ways; his forearm broken in four places from what he could feel beyond the pain; his elbow bone poking out through his skin and finally his shoulder completely dislocated. He knew full well he’d be lucky if could heal and if it did, he probably wouldn’t be able to ever use it again. He growled in utter rage as a surge of pain ran through him, nearly bringing him to his knees. He braced himself against the wall, trying to work through the pain and focus on something else, getting his revenge. His eyes darted over to the heavy weaponry and caught sight of a rocket launcher.

He took hold of it by the strap and carefully swung it over his good shoulder. His ears perked up as the sound of hooves clopping caught his attention. He gave a low growl before grabbing a single rocket for ammo and getting himself into position.

Applebloom and Applejack ran through the hall, running along a metal railway through a biplane hanger. Rows of planes sat side by side, waiting to be dropped and dispatched, but there were no soldiers to pony them. Applejack assumed the Red Colt must have bet all his chips on those creatures he captured to not need even his grunts around. That made things easier for her and her sister, for all they had to do now was hunt down the wounded wolf. The captain kept her eyes peeled down, following the light blood trail from the werepup’s wounds. She pulled her eyes up which lead to a weaponry’s stock room with the door still open. “Ah don’t like this, Cap,” Applebloom said, keeping her eyes peeled for Strucker. “Not one bit, he could be anywhere.”

“You know Strucker, he loves his stealth tactics,” Applejack said as they reached the door.

Unbeknownst to them, high in the rafters above, Strucker was lying in wait against one of the steel support beams, holding the rocket launcher vertically against his chest. He made sure to load the rocket as quietly as he could before they arrived. He peeked around the beam and found his enemies rummaging through their weapons. As the two delved in ever so slightly, Strucker did so as well, slowly positioning himself and readying his weapon. When he was fully exposed, he planted his feet firmly while setting the shoulder mount of the rocket launcher on his good shoulder with the crosshairs of the scope directly over his left eye. I only have one shot, but one shot is all I need, he thought to himself as he prepared to fire.

Applejack pulled herself from the doorway as Applebloom walked through, loading a pistol in her hooves. “Well, he’s not here,” Applebloom pointed out, holstering the gun in her skirt. “Think he went crawling back to Red?”

“Maybe,” Applejack said, “That or…” the orange mare’s voice instantly became stuck in her throat as her eyes glanced to the side and widened upon seeing their target, aiming a rocket launcher directly at them.

Strucker gave a wide toothy grin as he finger pulled against the trigger, firing the rocket at his enemies. Applejack acted quickly, pulling her sister tightly against her barrel as she balled herself up, while bringing her shield up to protect them. In that instant, the rocket made contact with the captain’s shield, creating a large explosion. The shield took some of the impact, but the explosion tore open a hole in the side of the ship.

At the plane’s altitude and the sudden drop in atmospheric pressure, the hole in the ship created a powerful vacuum, sucking everything and anything out into the cold outdoors; all except Captain Equestria and Applebloom. Applejack was hanging for dear life with her shield wedged into the torn hull of the plane while she held onto her sister with her free hand. Applejack felt more than winded, with the wind whipping and slicing against them, not to mention the numbing sensation in her arm from the rocket; even so, she still held on, her willpower, unrelenting as she refused to let her sister go. “Applebloom,” she shouted over the ear splitting howling of the rushing wind. “Talk to me, are yah alright?”

“Y-Yeah, Ah’m good,” the filly answered, her body still a little shaken up from the blast.

“Dammit,” Strucker growled, as he dropped down onto the walkway, adjacent to the two ponies. “Vhat vill it take to kill you?”

The wounded werewolf began to slowly make his way over to them. One wrong step and he would surely go flying right out of the plane. While Strucker struggled to get to them, Applejack tried to pull the two of them back up, but her numb leg was making it more difficult. Applebloom tried pulling herself up to her sister’s back, but the winds were too strong. Suddenly, a strong gust hit, causing Applebloom to shriek in terror, nearly losing her grip as she fell back, her sister’s steel tight grip barely holding her. Applejack’s eyes widened as she felt Applebloom’s weight go taut nearly pulling them both down.

The elder mare looked down to see Applebloom looking down below to the sight of nothing but clouds. Both their hearts raced as fear began to grip them. “Applebloom! Applebloom, look at me,” Applejack told her, snapping the filly to look at her. “It’s gonna be okay, Ah’m gonna…get us outta this, just like Ah always do. Okay?” the captain said putting on her best smile, but Applebloom knew better.

She noticed her sister’s muzzle scrunched up even through her smile. Her sister really was a terrible liar. A strange sense of calm came over the young filly as a smile worked its way on her face and tears began to form in the corner of her eyes. “No, yer not, not this time,” Applebloom said as she slowly shook her head. For the two of them, time almost seemed to stand still as the sound of the wind died down to a maddening silence. “You can’t pull us both up and you can’t hold on for much longer either.” Applebloom told her.

“Applebloom, don’t you dare…” Applejack snapped as her heart suddenly dropped like a sack of hammers in her stomach and tears began to pour down her cheek.

“It’s okay, the world needs Captain Equestria more than it needs plain old Applebloom.”

“Applebloom no!”

“Just do me a favor okay,” Applebloom gave her sister her trademark smirk, before her eyes glanced up to see Strucker standing over her sister with his claws raised up. “Give Red a good kick in the flank for me.”

As time began to pick up, Applebloom let go of her sister’s hoof, but as she fell, she pulled the pistol out from her skirt, took aim and fired a shot at Strucker, clipping his left ear, causing him to stagger back. Applejack felt as if her heart stop beating as her sister fell and disappeared into the clouds. Her mouth hung open, trying to vocalize a cry or scream, she did not know, only some sort of sound to release as tears flooded her face. After a moment, Applejack willed her body to move again. She swung her now free leg up to grab hold of the edge of plane. Even though her arm was numb, that didn’t seem to compare to the hollowed out feeling in her chest, but still, she forced her body to move and managed to pull herself back into the plane. When she once again had a solid floor beneath her, she crawled a good distance away from the hole and collapsed onto her stomach. “A-Applebloom…” she said, nearly above a whisper before she choked back a hiccup, covering her mouth.

Then out of nowhere, a roar snapped the mare to attention when a clawed paw wrapped around her neck, pulling her up from the floor. When she was up on her back legs, the paw left her neck, but was quickly replaced by a furry, bloodied arm, trying once again to suffocate her. “Aw, poor little captain lost her sister,” Strucker cooed into her ear. “Don’t vorry, I’ll help you reunite vith her.”

Applejack grabbed onto Strucker’s forearm, trying to pry him loose but he refused to let up. Applejack looked over her shoulder and saw Strucker’s left ear was nearly gone with blood gushing down the side of his face. She then reached back behind her and grabbed Strucker’s wound, pressing her hoof hard against it. Strucker cried out in pain, loosening his grip. With more leverage, Applejack wrapped her hooves around his neck, leaned forward and flung the werewolf over her shoulders, slamming him onto the floor. Not giving him a moment of rest, she quickly stepped on his mangled arm, earning another cry of pain and then raised her shield up and jammed the edge of it down just below his elbow, cutting his arm clean off. Strucker roared in pain as blood spewed from his dismembered limb. He rolled away and onto his knees clutching his wound, completely unaware that he was positioned directly in front of the hole in the hull of the plane.

With him right where she wanted him, Applejack wasted no time as she reared back and bucked Strucker in his chest sending him flying out of the plane. His screams quickly died down as he vanished from sight. Applejack stayed stock still, breathing heavily. The only thing filling her mind was the sight of her younger sister falling away from her. “A-Applebloom…I-I,” Applejack stammered, trying to get her mind right once again.

Just do me a favor okay, the fillies voice sounded in her head, clear as a bell, Give Red a good kick in the flank for me.

Applejack felt her nerves steeling themselves once again as her breathing finally calmed down. She stomped her hoof in the floor as she stood up, strong once again. “Don’t worry, Bloom, I’ll do more than kick his flank. I’ll kill him.”

The captain pulled her shield from the floor and made her way forward, through the ship, heading for the cockpit to finally put an end to this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit

It wasn’t hard finding it after finding the railway to the highest level. The Captain rounded the corner into the room, the first thing to catch her sight was a wide windshield and in front of it, a single pilot seat before an array of buttons, leavers and switches. Her eyes drifted down to a strange device sitting in the middle of the room. It appeared to be some kind of generator and housed in the middle of it was the Cosmic cube. She focused back on the task at hoof and inched her way closer to the cockpit seat, her shield right over her chest, ready for anything. As soon as she was right behind it, her ears perked up to the sound of ‘clanking’ and ‘clopping’ or hooves hitting metal behind her. She immediately turned around as the sound of machine gun unloading rounds at her and the bullets bouncing off her shield. “Honestly, I haven’t seen a mare so stubborn in all my life.” The Red Colt shouted over the gun fire.

“Glad Ah managed to meet your expectations!” she shouted back as she charged forward.

The Red Colt continued to fire, even as the captain closed in. When she finally reached him, she swung her shield, knocking the weapon from his hooves and causing him to stagger back. The orange mare kept up the pressure and nailed him with a right and left hook, until he blocked and countered with a right cross. The captain stumbled for a moment before Red grabbed both sides of her head with his hooves and head butted her. The captain fell flat on her back while her shield slid off her hoof from the impact. Red quickly scooped up her shield into his hooves and brought it overhead and slammed it down onto the mare’s chest, knocking the wind out of her and pinning her to the floor. “You don’t understand anything, Captain,” he growled as she struggled to push him off. “All I want is a world where ponies are united under one banner. Under one cause. It vill not matter of vhat species or nation a pony is from for there vill be none. In my future, ve are all one Pony. One God! You and I, Captain, are already Gods, yet you choose to fight me as if I am the enemy.”

“That’s…because you…are the enemy,” Applejack shouted in pure rage and defiance. Mustering all her strength, she pushed Red off of her, sending him flying back into the wall, causing the shield to fall loose from his grip as he collapsed to the floor. “Your future involves harming and killing those who are weaker than you. Your future demands pointless bloodshed. Your future is a place my sister died trying to stop and it’s a future Ah’ll die to stop as well. One way or another, this ends here!”

Applejack looked down and grabbed the machine gun, and then turned her attention to the Cosmic cube containment unit. “No! Stop you foal!” Red shouted as he watched her open fire on the device, doing her best to destroy it. One of the bullets cracked the capsule contained the cube, causing a burst of the Cube’s energy to be released. The resounding wave of energy shook the entire plane as well as damaging the plane’s control system, causing sparks of electricity to fly about the room. Applejack fumbled and fell to the floor, while the Cube’s containment unit gave a mild humming sound, when the Cube rose up from the middle of the device to the top. “No! No! No!” Red shouted in fear as he raced toward his crown jewel.

When he reached it, he grabbed the object with his bare hoof, it’s beautiful transcendent blue glow shining brightly in his eyes that he couldn’t look away. Even though his plans had been coming undone, it didn’t matter; so long as he had the cube anything and everything was possible. The Cube’s light began to shine even brighter than ever before. Its power began to surge once again, releasing constant waves of its energy all around them. Soon the energy converged overhead, covering the entire ceiling of the room when suddenly, the ceiling disappeared, revealing, not the sky above the plane nor any rushing wind to indicate a hole, but instead they saw stars. Thousands upon thousands of stars sitting in nothing but empty space. Their eyes widened in surprise and awe at the beautiful majestic view as if they had a front row seat to the vast reaches of the galaxy.

That tranquility was quickly short lived as the cube’s light began to intensify once again. In mere moments the cube released a pillar of light, shooting it into the dimensional gap above. The light then spread from the cube and started to envelope the Red Colt. The super solider watched as the light slowly burned his hoof before his very flesh was peeled from his body and sucked up into the void. He screamed in agony as his body was slowly torn apart, piece by piece, molecule by molecule and sucked up into the vastness of space. In a matter of moments, the Red Colt was completely torn a sunder and disappeared into the void. When he was finally gone the gap closed; the only thing that remained was the Cube. Applejack was speechless; she had seen many things in this war, but that was certainly something she would deem as a whole new level of weird.

However, her own surprise was short lived as well before the plane shook once again, directing her attention to the busted control console. She quickly grabbed her shield and ran over to it, taking her seat at the helm. She immediately started flipping the switches. She had taken aeronautics training before for many types of planes and this was no different. She looked at the gauges and saw that the plain was losing altitude…fast. She tried to get it stabilized, but the gears were jammed. She tried activating the autopilot, but it was non-responsive. She tried everything she could think of, but nothing was working. The plane was going to crash and she couldn’t stop it. Applejack looked out the window in front and saw the plane falling through the clouds. Everything seemed so peaceful and calm. Looking at it all, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and sighed heavily. She slumped back into the chair, feeling her body go totally relaxed.

“Hm, so this is it,” she asked to nopony in particular. “This is how it ends for me? Well, Ah guess it could be worse.” she gave a light chuckle with a smirk.

The plane soon cleared the clouds and the sight of an ice glade came into view. “Well, Applebloom,” Applejack said as she placed her shield down beside her. “Ah didn’t kill him, but Ah hope sending somewhere through…space Ah guess is good enough, right?”

As the plane grew closer and closer to the ground, Applejack reached into her suit and pulled out an apple shaped locket. She opened it up to see a black and white picture of herself and her sister hugging each other, smiling, together. “Don’t you worry, little sister, wherever yah are, Ah’ll be there…soon.”

She saw the ground coming up fast. She closed her eyes, placing the locket to her chest and waited. In a matter of seconds, the plane crashed deep into the ice, cracking the surface all around it and soon after, the plane sank beneath it until the arctic waters swallowed it and disappearing into the deep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere

Somewhere, out in the vastness of space, a black space craft roamed about. Its exterior structure was similar to that of an insect. The platting seemed like chitin exoskeleton armor rather than metal; on the underside of the helm of the ship appeared to be a massive pair of pincers; the rear appeared to be in the shape of an enormous stinger, while atop were a pair of light green glowing sails in the shape of insect wings and at the front a giant pair of round green windshields that looked like the eyes of an arthropod.

Aboard the ship, a mass of black creatures scurried about. Their bodies were equine in form but they carried very insect-like traits. Their bodies were covered, not in fur, but a chitin armor, much like their ship. Their legs were riddled with holes but it didn’t seem to hinder their movements one bit. A pair of insect wings on their backs, a sharp horn atop their heads, a pair of glazed over bug eyes and fangs protruding from the top of their mouths.

In the main control room of the vessel, more of the bug ponies scurried around, some ponying strange monitoring devices. In the center of the room sat a large throne and atop it sat another bug pony, but this one was different. Its body was much larger and taller than the others; it’s body had a very hourglass figure. A pair of tattered insect wings were draped down it’s back, a long teal blue mane draped over her face and down its neck and a blue and green chitinous plating at her midsection. The horn atop its head, much like its limbs was filled with holes, but jagged and curvy. In its mouth lay a pair of sharp teeth, waiting to sink into something.

One of the smaller bug ponies trotted over to the larger one before it stop and bowed its head low to the floor. “My Queen,” It said, still not raising its head.

The Queen slowly opened her eyes, revealing a set of dark green slitted eyes, glowing with sheer power and authority. She looked down at the lowly drone, half closing her eyes in annoyance for being disturbed. “Yes, what is it?” she asked, her beautiful velvety voice giving a slight echo as if two individuals were talking at once.

“Our scanners are picking up a strange massive energy reading and it’s moving very fast.” the drone said as he looked up to face her.

The Queen raised a brow, cocking her head slighting in interest and confusion. “Where is it headed?”

“That’s just it, by the calculations it’s headed…here.”

“Here?” the Queen said as she stood up from her thrown, drawing the other drone’s attention.

In the instance she stood up, a surge of blue energy appeared near the entrance of the control room. The energy then exploded in a small shockwave, knocking the drones to the floor, but the Queen stood, unfazed by the sudden rush of energy. When the shockwave died down, a dimensional gap opened up at its epicenter. The incect queen took a few steps toward it before a blue pillar of light appeared, but no sooner did it appear did it vanish completely and from it lay a black leathery mass on the floor.

The Queen glanced up at the gap just before it closed and then made her way over to the crumbled mass on the floor. With a slight push of her hoof, she rolled the creature onto its back, revealing it to be the Red Colt, lying unconscious. Upon seeing him, the Queen’s eyes widen in shock and amazement. C-Could it be? Could he be him, the one the prophecy spoke of? she thought as her drones quickly hurried over to her side to see what she was looking at.

“Your Majesty, what is it,” One drone asked.

This my dear children just may be the answer to our prayers,” the Queen said with a devilish smile as her eyes started glowing with her excitement.

Comments ( 6 )

I like the combination of MCU and A:EMH elements that you used here.

this feels a little rushed i mean come on this dosen't feel natural at all

Does Scootaloo is Black Panter? Or the Wasp? And Fluttershy is Antman. Yes?

hope this updates soon.

Please update soon

Login or register to comment