• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 20,945 Views, 226 Comments

Minding the Gap - Karrakaz



Celestia has seen a lot of terrifying things, but nothing she has ever faced is more terrifying to her than this: Telling Twilight's parents she's in love with their daughter.

  • ...
50
 226
 20,945

And a subversion of expectations

The walk back to the house was torture for Celestia. After her slip-up, the demeanour of Twilight’s parents had cooled considerably. They were still polite enough, and yet she couldn’t take a step without imagining them discussing which accusations to hurl at her the moment they got to the house. Although she was under the impression that her worries paled in comparison to the ones Twilight was being weighed down by; her marefriend walked ahead listlessly, her wings drooping close enough to the ground that there was a chance she would step on them. Seeing Twilight like that hit Celestia like a hammerblow to the chest; a heart that ached to help the one she loved more than all others.

She wanted to cheer Twilight up... Actually, she wanted to do a whole lot more than that, but keeping some semblance of public decency prevented her. Besides, after the way Velvet and Nightlight had reacted to her slip-up, a romantic gesture might only cause more problems for them later down the line. Then again...

An idea presented itself to her when she looked at the way Twilight trudged along, like she was carrying the figurative weight of the entire world on her back. “Do you have permission for that?” she asked the dejected mare with a soft smile.

It took Twilight a lot of effort to even lift her head enough that she could look Celestia in the eyes, and the expression she wore only served to add another hammer blow. “What?”

Celestia didn’t let her smile falter. “I asked if you had permission for that.”

Rather than go along with her little play, Twilight merely frowned. “Probably not.”

“Because it seems to me,” Celestia continued like she hadn’t heard Twilight at all, “like carrying the weight of the world is my responsibility, not yours.”

Finally she saw the faintest of smiles from Twilight; it was so brief that she almost missed it, and was likely more of a placating gesture than something joyful. It wasn’t enough, and for the third time in as many minutes Celestia wished she could somehow make Pinkie Pie materialize out of thin air to help make Twilight smile. She spared a brief glance for the parents who were a few dozen paces ahead, softly conversing amongst themselves, and then looked back at Twilight while another idea formed.

It was guaranteed to make ponies in the street regard her with strange looks, more so than they already were, anyway. And it would almost certainly mean more trouble for her when the interrogation finally got underway. But she couldn’t stand to see Twilight depressed like she was any longer.

Oh, to Tartarus with it.

In one fluid motion, she wrapped one of her comparatively gigantic wings around Twilights barrel, and before Twilight could so much as yelp, tossed her marefriend several feet into the air.

Twilight flailed and frantically flapped her wings. She had been so busy worrying about the coming scolding that would happen when they got home that she hadn’t paid any attention to her surroundings. The downy softness of Celestia’s wings was unmistakable, however, and despite her eventual yelp, she felt safe enough. Before gravity got enough of a hold on her to pull her back down to the stone pavement, her back landed on something soft, supple, and smelling of rose shampoo. Her landing zone shook a little, accompanied by four hooves hitting the pavement mere seconds after that, and she needed only look to the side to confirm what she already knew: she had landed on Celestia’s back.

With a grunt, she twisted herself around so that she could sit up and give that idiotic, irresponsible, two-faced... beautiful... softly laughing marefriend of hers a stern... smile in return. She didn’t know if the sudden adrenaline had made her giddy, or that all of her worries had simply fallen out of her head at the highest point of her launch, but she couldn’t help but smile and laugh along with Celestia.

“There you are,” Celestia said after their laughter had run its course. “I was wondering if you were going to sulk for the rest of the evening.”

Twilight found that she couldn’t wipe the stupid grin off her face, so she took the only recourse available to her and buried her face in Celestia’s coat. “I wasn’t sulking.” The sentence was muffled, and for a moment she thought Celestia hadn’t heard her. That was okay, though, she could spare a few seconds, minutes, hours... anything to avoid having to have the conversation with her parents.

“You’re worried about what your parents are going to say,” Celestia said after a minute.

Twilight brought her face up again, the worries and fears we starting to return and she no longer felt like laughing. “Aren’t you? You saw the way they reacted when...” She groaned and tried to bury her head again, only to be stopped by Celestia’s magic. “They’re going to be even more angry because of this you know?”

If she hadn’t been convinced that Celestia was hiding her own doubts and worries, she could have sworn that her marefriend was the epitome of nonchalance. Celestia merely shrugged and asked, “And what if they are?”

“They’ll be angry, they will shout and will want to keep us apart and then I’ll never see you anymore because it will become a scandal and the press will call you the worst princess ever and… and… and…”

Celestia craned her neck a little further and locked horns with Twilight, shushing her. “Twilight, your parents aren’t as bad as you make them out to be.”

With a sigh, Twilight rested her forehead against Celestia’s. “I know.”

“And if they have a problem, they can take it up with me.” Celestia nudged Twilight and looked back in front, finding the parents waiting for them a few paces ahead. She gave them a smile and waited for them to move on.

The rest of the trip passed in a semi-comfortable silence. Having Twilight so close gave Celestia peace of mind and made thinking about the coming confrontation less scary, although Twilight was trying her best to disappear into Celestia’s coat. She would likely have succeeded had Celestia not looked back from time to time to prevent her marefriend from successfully finishing a ‘coat lengthening spell’. Heavens knew where she had come up with that.

Their arrival at the house was a little confusing for Celestia. She had visited a few times, but never had that house seemed as big as it did now. She half expected to have had some shrinking spell cast on her, but after failing to find any magic beyond the usual, she was forced to conclude that it was all due to perception. Velvet waited for her at the door, her stern expression making going inside an even less appealing prospect. Still, this was something Twilight wanted, and Celestia would be damned to the sun and back before she left her marefriend to fend for herself.

“Are you sleeping with my daughter?” Velvet asked her immediately after closing the door.

Celestia had been dreading the question ever since Twilight’s parents had arrived at the restaurant, and yet, somehow, it still managed to catch her by surprise. She skipped right past looking for the proper response and scrambled for something coherent. “I... well... uhm... I—”

“Mom!” Twilight shouted. She rolled over, using one of Celestia’s wings as a makeshift slide and landed on her hooves with a few flaps of her own wings to maintain her balance. “How... why did you...?”

Velvet smirked. “You’re not as subtle as you think, young lady, and I have some questiouuahh!” Her sentence devolved in a yelp as Twilight swiftly picked her up with her magic and stalked into the living room, leaving a very confused Celestia standing in the hallway.

Well, that couldn’t have gone any worse, she thought with a sigh. Things would have been a lot less awkward had she simply schooled her expression as was second nature in court, but at the same time, she knew that it would be next to impossible. Pulling on a mask of serene indifference was easy if one was at peace with herself, but right now... Celestia wasn’t.

Being without a mask made her feel vulnerable. Exposed. The idea was made more unsettling by the scope of what she had lost the last time she hadn’t been thinking clearly. Her only hope was that this evening wouldn’t end in a similar disaster; she didn’t know if she could live through another one.


“—t your mother down, Twilight.”

“Only if she promises not to embarrass me anymore.”

“Twilight...”

Celestia caught the tail end of a sigh coming from Nightlight when she stepped into the living room. The room itself was just like she remembered it from her previous visits; a dinner table with a few simple chairs, a pair of old but comfortable couches near the hearth which was accompanied by a single lounge chair. The walls were lined with bookcases, the rug was a vibrant red, and it felt like the house itself was wary of her presence. One interesting and amusing addition was the scowling unicorn mare currently floating near the ceiling. She had her forelegs crossed and was wrapped in a solid looking magenta aura. The aura was being disturbed by flashes of light and dark blue magic, trying to break it apart, which might as well have been mosquitoes attacking an elephant for all the impact it had. It was clear that Twilight outclassed both her parents severely in the magic department, and the young alicorn looked as determined as Celestia had ever seen her.

“Twilight?” she called out, making all three ponies look at her, though Velvet didn’t appear to have any agency in her facing. “You told me that you wanted to have this conversation, and embarrassing questions are going to be a part of that. Can you please let your mother down so that we can actually talk?”

Nightlight smiled gratefully and turned to his daughter. “Why don’t you make us some tea, Twily? I got some calming jasmine flavours from the store yesterday.”

Twilight looked between Celestia, her father, and the floating lump of magic that held her mother prisoner. She let out a sigh and gently lowered her mother back to her hooves before disappearing through the kitchen door.

The first thing Velvet did when she touched down was dust herself off and collect the remnants of her dignity from the floor. After finding the relevant pieces and gluing them back together, she sat down next to her husband and gave Celestia as piercing a stare as she could muster. “Have you slept with my daughter?”

“Honey... this is the Princess we’re talking to,” Nightlight interjected, “I’m sure she wouldn’t—”

Velvet shook her head. “No, Night. I need to know.”

“I don’t think that’s a relevant questionnnn...” Celestia watched Velvet’s eyes narrow dangerously and cut herself off with a sigh. “Yes, we have.” Before Velvet could start sputtering Celestia held up her hooves defensively. “It was only cuddling, nothing more.”

Velvet took a couple of deep breaths and with her husband rubbing her back she managed to regain her composure. “How long have you two been seeing each other?”

“It’s been—” Celestia briefly closed her eyes to recall how long it had been “—almost six weeks.”

Velvets mood soured a little further. “Six weeks... That... that was around the time she grew wings, isn’t it?”

Celestia nodded softly. “A week after that, give or take a day.”

“How could you?” Velvets lower lip trembled, and her eyes, though hardset brimmed with tears.

Celestia frowned. She felt like she was missing a small but important piece of the conversation. Anger, she had expected, but seeing Velvet on the verge of crying was in a different ballpark. “I’m sorry, I don’t understand...”

“We trusted you to take care of her, and yet when she’s afraid and confused after having been thrust in the position of a princess, not to mention growing two extra appendages she’s never had... you decide to proclaim your love?”

“Honey...” Nightlight grasped his wife’s head and held her against his chest while she sobbed quietly. When he looked at Celestia, it was like he had been replaced by an entirely different pony; the easy smile he usually wore was gone, replaced by a look of focused determination which was aimed squarely at her. “Could you tell us how it started?”

After shifting her weight to find a comfortable position Celestia began “For me, it all started when Spike handed me a stack of four dozen or so letters during the preparations for Twilight’s coronation.”

“Just letters?”

“Yes. He told me that they were important, and that I should keep them somewhere safe. I didn’t consider it out of the ordinary, even though he usually sends them to me by way of dragon smoke.” Celestia closed her eyes and sighed softly. “I thought they were simply copies of Twilight’s friendship reports and left them on my desk. I would probably have forgotten about them altogether if he hadn’t sent three more stacks like it a day later.”

She could see Nightlight looking up, doing some quick calculations in his head. “That’s... one-hundred and ninety-two letters...”

“There were a little over two hundred, actually.” Celestia said with a small smile as she remembered reading through some of them. “I couldn’t find the time to look them over until after the buzz surrounding the coronation had died down."

“How so? What was in the letters?” Nightlight asked curiously. Even Velvet had stopped crying and was listening intently though her lower lip still quivered from time to time.

“They were love letters, from Twilight.” Celestia smiled endearingly. “When I finally did read them, I was so shocked that I didn’t leave my room for two whole days, during which I kept poring over the letters wondering how I could have missed it.”

“So... Twilight was in love with you long before...?” Velvet’s voice was a little hoarse but nopony paid it any mind.

“For several years, if I am to believe Spike,” Celestia answered her with a nod. “Apparently she burned most of the love letters eventually, but had hidden the first two hundred away behind a bookshelf in her room, which was where Spike found them.” She noticed the parents looking at each other with expressions of equal embarrassment and shame. “Is something wrong?”

“Twily—” Velvet swallowed heavily and cleared her throat before she continued. “I suspected that there was something bothering Twilight, but every time I asked her about it, she would make up some excuse that she had to be somewhere and left.”

“I think she almost told me once,” Nightlight said with a twang of regret. “But I was too busy grading papers to really pay attention to her...”

“If it makes you feel any better... she wasn’t very good at telling me about it either, as the letters will attest.”

“How many do you think she’s written?”

“Nine thousand three hundred and seven. Though most of those were drafts.” Twilight’s voice made all three of them jump. She was standing in the doorway to the kitchen holding not just tea in her magical grip, but a box of tissues and a plate of simple appetizers as well.

“Twilight... how long have you been there?” Velvet asked.

“A while.” Twilight strolled into the living room, looking like nothing could touch her. Those ponies closest to her, however, (three of which were seated in said living room) could tell that she had likely heard more than she let on. “You never told me that you spent two days in your room.”

“I didn’t think you needed to know,” Celestia replied, resisting the urge to wrap her wing around her marefriend when Twilight plopped down next to her on the couch. The situation was still delicate and she didn’t want to upset the tenuous balance.

“And what happened after that?” Velvet asked, having auto piloted through pouring everypony a cup of tea and sipping from her own.

“I needed to decide how I felt... which I did in record time all things considered... and then I needed some way to tell Twilight... preferably in a place she felt safe in.” Celestia took a sip from her own tea and nodded in approval. “An excellent Zebraean blend.”

“You lured her to the library with the promise of a few first edition books, didn’t you?” Nightlight laughed and scarfed down one of the crackers.

“She said it was a review copy of the next Daring Do...” Twilight muttered darkly before she turned to Celestia. “I still haven’t forgiven you for that.”

“There’s one more answer I want to hear from you, Princess.” Velvet said, setting down her cup and walking across the room to the couch where Celestia and Twilight were seated. “And I want you to look me in the eyes when you answer me.”

“Mom... could you please stop already?”

Velvet smiled weakly. “This is the last question for now, Twilight, I promise.” She turned to Celestia. “Do you really care about her?”

Celestia relaxed, having subconsciously tensed when Velvet came closer. She felt relieved. That one question lay at the heart of any such talks, making it both the simplest and the hardest one; It was the first question where she didn’t have to doubt her answer: “Yes,” she replied with conviction, looking Velvet straight in the eyes. “With all my heart.”

Velvet finally smiled again, and nodded before she turned to her daughter. “And you?”

Twilight blushed. “You know. I told you when I was like... ten.”

Nightlight and his wife shared another look before laughing in unison. “I remember, you came into the study one day, all dressed up in your princess costume for the school play.” The stallion cleared his throat and continued in a mock high pitched voice. “Mom, Dad. When I grow up, I’m gonna marry the princess!”

Twilight’s blush multiplied tenfold and she buried her face in the crook of Celestia’s neck, employing a tactic similar to many foals: if I can’t see it it doesn’t exist. It made her parents laugh and drained some tension from the room.

“You will have to forgive me for not taking you seriously; you said so many things when you were that age.” Velvet giggled. “Like when you told us you were going to turn gravity upside down in school, or the time you wanted to turn all those bullies into oranges.”

Twilight remained quiet for the moment, content with turning her hiding tactic into a soft nuzzle and Celestia had to suppress a smile. She knew for a fact that Twilight had turned gravity upside down more than once, which meant that it wasn’t a stretch to assume that she had given those bullies what they deserved.

“But Mom... Shining told you that he wanted to marry Cadence long before it happened. Why is it so different for Celestia and me?”

“Well, for starters, Cadence was only a few years older than Shining was, and she wasn’t his teacher.”

“Oh, I am sure she has taught him a few things about love.” The moment it registered that the words had come out of her mouth, Celestia put a hoof to it, preventing any more unexpected surprises; though it couldn’t hide the red tinge on her cheeks. “Forgive me, I don’t know why I said that.”

“With the way he was in school... I think they learned a lot from one another,” Nightlight said, snickering.

“Euwh, dad, I did not need to know that.”

“Yes, well, you did ask, sort of...” Nightlight responded, stifling his laughter as best as he could. “But that’s how it’s different. She’s about the same age he is. Princess Celestia... Well, I have no idea how old she is.”

“Night!” Velvet said, punching him in the foreleg. “Don’t be rude!”

“It’s quite alright... though I’m afraid I don’t really have an answer for you.” Celestia emptied her teacup and before smiling apologetically. “I usually just tell ponies that I am old enough.”

“You don’t know?” came the question from beside her.

“Not exactly I’m afraid. It wasn’t until some three thousand years ago that ponies started keeping track of the seasons and numbering the years. I am likely at least twice that old.”

Silent awe filled the room though none more obvious than on Twilight’s face. The young alicorn chuckled and said “Wow, talk about an age gap...”

“I do hope you won’t think me too old...” Celestia joked.

“Never.”

The rest of the evening went by quickly, and before long it was time to set the sun, which Celestia made use of to explain to the parents that she had some unfinished business to take care of. They exchanged goodbyes and left, though not before Velvet pulled Celestia aside and promised her solemnly that she would rain hell down if Celestia ever hurt her child. It was something which Celestia, despite knowing how magically powerful, or rather weak, Velvet really was, believed immediately.

Both alicorns were silent on the way back to the castle, each lost in their own thoughts which only the occasional greeting from bystanders pulled them out of, only to be returned halfheartedly. Celestia, for her part, was happy how well things had gone. She had expected more difficulties, but then, she had expected the ground to open beneath her feet and drop her straight into Tartarus before Twilight’s parents accepted her. So perhaps she had erred on the frantic side of things.

She briefly considered scooping up Twilight a second time but abandoned the idea when she noticed Twilight’s unfocused gaze. It hardly matters anyway, she thought with a smile, we’ll be back at the castle soon.

As it turned out however, ‘soon’ wasn’t soon enough.


One of the infamous spots in Canterlot was Pony Joe’s. Many ponies attributed their round flanks or flabs to the place, as Joe himself made most, if not all of the best pastries in Canterlot. So when Twilight suggested they stop by Joe’s to say hi, temptation pulled at Celestia to say yes. But in the end, the day had made her more tired than hungry, and while convincing Twilight that she didn’t want to give Luna another reason to call her rump fat sounded easy enough in theory; it was severely complicated by a booming voice from inside the establishment

“Neigh, we say! NEIGH! Bring us more of these delectable sugary treats! Your princess demands it!”

Twilight and Celestia came to a halt at the side road that ran towards Joe’s. “Is that... Luna?”

“Yes,” Celestia said, letting out a long-suffering sigh. “Yes, it is.” She groaned softly and set off towards the place, Twilight following close behind.

The inside of the establishment looked like a warzone, or perhaps it was more akin to the living quarters of the monkey ambassador. The tables and chairs, which were normally neatly positioned around the room had been tossed, thrown, knocked over, and were even being used as makeshift barricades. Joe himself was nowhere to be seen, but despite that, or perhaps because of it, a dozen guards and one lunar princess had free reign over the place.

Their only opposition came in the form of three stalwart and somewhat more sober guards, though that resistance amounted to little more than huddling behind a makeshift barricade near the entrance. Getting to them would prove difficult due to the sheer volume of sugary donuts flying through the air, but with a little luck they knew what the hell was going on.

The very first thing Celestia encountered when she stepped across the threshold was an extra large jelly donut flying towards her at full speed, and the drunken cackle from her sister when the filling dripped off her face.

“Here thy will meet thine comeuppance, sister mine!” The lunar princess shouted, following it up with another cackle.

Celestia wiped the filling off of her face with her magic, unable to resist sampling some of it before she threw the rest to the side and frowning at her sister. She conjured a simple deflection shield and made her way to the guards. “Right, who can tell me what happened to my sister?”

“I... uh... I think she’s drunk, Your Majesty,” one of the guards said before catching one of the runaway projectiles with his face.

Celestia only barely resisted the urge to put a hoof to her face and settled for a sigh instead. “I can see that, guardsman. How did she get to be drunk?”

“Princess.” The highest ranked of the three guards nodded respectfully. “We were ordered to accompany Princess Luna while she investigated the disappearance of her ‘undercover detachment’, as she put it.”

For his troubles, he got a raised eyebrow, which silently exclaimed the need for more information, followed by the more informal question. “And what happened when you found this ‘undercover detachment’, Sergeant?”

“Well, Princess... When we found them at the restaurant La Petie Dajeneer? They were...” The sergeant trailed off wincing.

“Secure more ammunition! We shall need plenty to best our adversary in single… no, PLURAL combat!”

The other private who was seemingly the only pony enjoying himself in the bizarre situation laughed and pointed at the counter. “Drunk, your majesty! Wasted. One might even call it plast—” He got cut off by a hoof connecting with his helm making it and his ears ring and smiled sheepishly at his commanding officer. “Sorry, Sarge.”

“That’s all well and good, but how did that disaster end up here?” Celestia said with a sweep of her hoof.

If the room had looked like a battlefield before, now it had more in common with a disaster area. Donuts, pretzels, éclairs and even simple batter was stuck to the ceiling, the windows, and drooping off of Celestia’s shield. The ground was equally inhospitable where it had all merged together into some slightly damp mush that made a loud ‘squish’ when stepped on. Only three places were relatively unharmed; the entrance, where Twilight had thrown up her own shield and sat down with a book, though heavens knew where she had gotten a hold of that; the spot behind three tables and a magical shield currently occupied by Celestia and the guards, which was under ever greater fire; and last but not least, a counter with behind it a dozen drunkenly singing guards and a princess who was using her not inconsiderable power to create more projectiles to fling every which way.

“Well, Your Highness...” the first guard began after his superior kept silent. “At first she was furious that the guards had failed in their mission; at least, until one of them told her that you and Twilight... sorry, Princess Twilight, had had a successful night, after which she proceeded to order rounds for everypony and emptied the entire liquor cabinet herself.”

Celestia closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. Losing her composure now would only result in more troubles, and she had to make sure Luna didn’t make any more of a spectacle than she already had. At least there hadn’t been any press outside when they arrived; maybe things could still be resolved out of the public eye.

“Sergeant,” she said, eying the room. “I want you to take your men and go back to the castle where you will gather every available guardspony and bring them back here. This place needs to be spotless before seven in the morning sharp... and take your drunken comrades back to the barracks before they embarrass themselves further.”

“As you wish, Your Highness. However...”

“Yes?” Celestia replied absentmindedly as she surveyed the room again, worried about Twilight who had disappeared from the entrance, after which it had promptly been pelted with pastries.

“What are we supposed to do about Princess Luna?”

Celestia looked back at the guard and allowed herself a grim smile. “Don’t concern yourself, Sergeant. I’ll take care of her.”

Three salutes later and the guards dodged and weaved their way to the exit, though even that did not prevent them from being hit by several projectiles. Celestia for her part had had enough. She layered three shields around herself and made a beeline for her sister.

“Foul treachery, sister mine! Thou shalt not defeat me so easily this day!”


Celestia exited the store three minutes later, using her magic to drag along a groaning sister by her ear.

“Ow! I said I was sorry, Sister. Ow...” The lunar princess was clutching her head with one hoof and dancing to try and keep up with her sister with the other three.

Her pleas fell on deaf ears, as Celestia was worried about both her marefriend and the public relations disaster she would no doubt have to deal with in the morning. And while curing a state of drunkenness from an Alicorn was as easy as blasting them with a high power low yield magical blast, it did in no way reduce the effects of a hangover; which she felt Luna more than deserved at that moment.

“Hello, Luna.” Twilight appeared out of nowhere, smiling at the hungover princess as she carried two medium sized pastry boxes in her own magic.

Celestia stopped walking, allowing Luna a few seconds to herself while she frowned at Twilight. “Where have you been?”

Twilight smiled and held up the boxes. “I decided that since we were there anyway, I might as well take a few with me.”

“Twilight...” Celestia sighed. “Nevermind.”

“I left money for everything!” Twilight pouted. “I just thought it might make for a nice breakfast.”

Luna groaned softly but managed to produce a smile none the less. “I heard that everything went well with your parents?”

“It went better than we could have hoped for.” Twilight walked over to Celestia and leaned against her.

Using both head and wing, Celestia shared a somewhat private nuzzle with Twilight before finally smiling at her sister. “Indeed, although I have learned that mothers are among the scariest creatures in Equestria.”

Luna started towards the castle before her sister could decide to resume her punishment. “I am glad."

“Oh, Luna?” Twilight began as she and Celestia followed at a somewhat slower pace “Do you know how old you are? Exactly?”

“No, I was never as good at keeping track of it as Celestia was... but I would say around... probably around nine million moonrises.”

Twilight stopped on the spot and gaped before leveling an accusing gaze at Celestia. “I knew you weren’t telling my parents the truth.”

Celestia stopped as well and smiled at her. “I would rather it not become public knowledge if I can help it. The semblance of mortality is a better shield than any number of guards could ever be."

Twilight wasn’t taking no for an answer, however, and stepped closer. “But how old are you?”

“Promise me you won’t think me old?”

“I already said that I wouldn’t.”

“Ten million, eight hundred and sixty-one thousand, seven hundred and eighty-one sunrises.”

“And... Am I the first...?”

“You are the first one who I ever cared about enough to go and meet their parents, frightening as it was.”

Twilight jumped up against Celestia with her full weight, but before she hit the ground both of them disappeared in a flash of light. Luna was left alone in the empty street with nothing but two boxes full of donuts which she had to save from from certain doom as Twilight’s magic suddenly faded from them.

“At least Twilight knows how to get what she wants...” Luna giggled and glanced around before shrugging, popping one of the donuts into her mouth, and continuing onward to the castle as if she were taking a stroll.

~fin~

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed the story, and I also hope that you'll try writing your own Twilestia stories sometime (we need more!)