• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 2,422 Views, 151 Comments

Pessimism and Sarcasm - Jerec the Ascendant



It's a self insert where I end up in Equestria around the beginning of Season 4 and accompany the Main Six in their adventures.

  • ...
60
 151
 2,422

Chapter 1: Waking up

Pessimism and Sarcasm

Chapter 1

Waking up

"This can't be good." A line that has quite a use in many a circumstance - like this one.

I'm staring at a non-human shape hidden under a white hospital sheet. The mystery figure doesn't remain such for long though, for as soon as I say that, the figure pops its head out. Greeting my vision are giant eyes, cyan fur, rainbow colored hair, a miniscule snout or maybe a muzzle, and long ears. My mind's gears start turning, trying to figure out why this creature looks so familiar. The head looks in my direction, pinpointing me as the source of the voice it heard, and suddenly exclaims, "IT TALKS!"

The gears in my head freeze at that; realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

This can't be happening. This - this has to be a dream. I can't be stuck HERE! It's impossible! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

I pull my left arm out of the sheet and pinch my right arm as hard as I can. "Ow." I look back up. Nope, still there. Okay, time for drastic measures. I slap my face, once again as hard as I can. Looking over, I still see her. Her. This is impossible. This doesn't happen. How could this happen? Why did this happen?

I look back at Rainbow Dash, her face frozen with a look of confusion and a hint of curiosity. She seems to be having just as hard a time figuring out why I’m here slapping myself as I’m having figuring out how I got here at all. I don't dare get out of the bed, as my right arm has not only the monitor attached to it, but also an IV. I look back to my belongings, and see that the shoes are on top of a bag: the bag for my Alienware laptop. Well, as long as the lightning didn't destroy it, at least it'll provide a distraction. That's when I realize I had things stashed in the pockets of my cargo pants. The pockets still feel full. Time to check. Reaching into the right knee pocket I find my PS Vita, its charger, and a pair of headphones. Was I thinking ahead or something? Well, I may as well check to see if it's fried.

I press the power button on the top and the console silently awakens. Thank goodness for that; my luck seems to be changing a bit. Okay, next pocket. My other pocket contains my 3DS XL, a case of DS and 3DS games, and its charger as well. This is definitely more than just a coincidence that I packed these. Did I subconsciously see into the future and prepare myself or something? Odd. Too bad I couldn't have subconsciously avoided this situation entirely. I check the DS's condition, and find it to be just like the Vita - halfway charged and running fine. I don't bother checking the other pockets; I know their contents and that they are either useless, or way too far out of area to have service.

Looking out the window, I discover that it’s likely still the middle of the night. The room is lit, however, by the light of the full moon and the flashlight Dash was using to read. Well, first things first: they have devices that run on electricity it seems. Hopefully they have outlets just like ours. I mean, everything else in that show is just like Earth, pretty much. Pulling out my now almost useless cell phone, I turn it on and use it as a light. I follow the cord on the monitor all the way to its power source and make a good discovery: the outlets here are exactly just like ours, size included. Thank goodness. Well, I guess since I have time I might as well cope the only way I know how.

Booting up the Vita once again, I select a game that can easily take my mind off of the place: Yugioh GX Tag Force 2. I don't know why it's such an all-consuming game to me - it just is. As usual, I skip past the intro and start the game. In game, I make my way around the island academy and find one of my favorite characters to duel. As the duel starts, though, I hear the clop of hooved feet getting closer to my bed. It seems that the game caused some intrigue, and Dash gets closer to investigate the electronic noises and flashing lights. I decide that it would be better just to let her watch rather than to ignore her, so we end up lying and standing respectively, watching pixelated cards and life point meters on the screen.

Author's Note:

Once again I ask for hints, tips, positive criticism, and possibly nacho's, also I'm looking for an artist for cover art.

The next chapter will involve a meeting between "myself" and several others, ponies appearing will definitely be the rest of the main six, and Celestia, but if there should be others there as well, I don't mind suggestions.