• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 1,368 Views, 8 Comments

Hilltop Romance - HolyCross9



Trixie has a first-time experience of finding love atop a small hill top during one moonlit night.

  • ...
12
 8
 1,368

Hilltop Romance

'Twas a beautiful moonlit night in Equestria as Trixie, an azure colored unicorn, was sitting patiently atop of a hill outside of Ponyville. Her mind was briefly recalling what she and Stage Hoof discussed that afternoon at the local theater.

FLASHBACK

"Trixie," said Stage Hoof, who was standing in front of Trixie inside her dressing room at the theater. "There is something I want ask you."

"What is it, Stage Hoof?" replied Trixie. The white stallion then had a slightly nervous and serious look in his blue eyes as he sequentially spoke.

"After tonight's show ends, could you please come and meet me at the top of the hill between Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acres? There is something important I need to tell you there." Trixie thought for a few seconds before she replied:

"Of course, Stage Hoof. Trixie will leave as soon as she can after the show. Trixie will also wait for you when she gets there." She then felt Stage Hoof's arms enwrapping her neck gently, to which she returned the hug.

"Thank you, Trixie. I dearly appreciate it."

FLASHBACK ENDS

It had been at least thirty minutes since she arrived at the hilltop that Stage Hoof spoke about, which was exactly how long she had been waiting for him. For them four months had passed since they both started their vocations at the theater in Ponyville. Yet, a month ago, something happened to Trixie which, at the time, she couldn't explain. For whenever the azure show pony was around Stage Hoof, she always felt her heart skip with an intense jolt. And each day after, that sensation kept getting irresistibly stronger with each encounter of the spectacled white stallion. It eventually became so strong that she decided to spend an evening discussing the matter with one of her dear friends, Rarity.

FLASKBACK II

Trixie was standing inside the Carousel Boutique with Rarity, the latter listening intently to the former, who spoke about these odd sensations she felt whenever she was around Stage Hoof, to which she felt tortured by them. When Trixie was finished, she observed that Rarity had a wide and jubilant smile across her white, radiant muzzle, which at the moment perplexed the show mare. After a few more seconds, Rarity spoke with a strong edge of joy in her voice:

"Trixie, that's so wonderful."

"What?" asked Trixie, confused with Rarity's reply.

"Isn't it, obvious, darling? All these sensations that you've been getting from being around Stage Hoof can only mean one thing: that you are in love with him." Trixie gasped softly as her purple eyes shrunk into pinpricks for a moment in reaction to Rarity's conclusion. There was a minute of silence within the Boutique.

"But…that can't be." said Trixie in disbelief and slight irritation. "There's no way that Trixie's could be in love with Stage Hoof. He's just a friend of Trixie's."

"Oh, really?" asked Rarity suggestively. "Tell me, Trixie, what do you like about Stage Hoof?"

"Well," replied Trixie. "Trixie likes how Stage Hoof always encourages her before she goes out on stage to perform. Trixie also likes how she and Stage Hoof share the mutual interest in the theatrical arts. She also thinks that it was very heroic of Stage Hoof in helping her defeat Checker Monarch several months ago…and Trixie thinks that it wouldn't have been possible without him. And Trixie just adores and loves how when she looks into Stage's eyes, she feels that she's floating on a cloud higher than Cloudsdale. Trixie also loves how whenever Stage Hoof sits next to her during break, she feels this immense warmth inside of her. (sighs) Oh, Trixie wishes she could just wrap her arms around the handsome white colt and hold on to him forever and ever…" Trixie interrupted herself with a silent gasp as her eyes simultaneously shrunk to pinpricks, in realizing what she last said about Stage Hoof. She then instantly observed that she had been standing on her hind legs with both her forelimbs pressed against her chest. A second later, Trixie yelled as she found herself futilely flailing her arms around as her body began tilting backwards. Thankfully, when she fell, Trixie's back hit the soft red fabric of a couch that Rarity managed to procure with her magic. The snow white mare then approached the supine Trixie with a beaming smile across her dainty muzzle.

"So, darling," asked Rarity, as she looked directly down at a slightly surprised Trixie. "Are you now convinced?" Rarity waited a few seconds before Trixie, sighing with surrender, softly replied:

"Yes, Rarity…you are right…though it seems hard to believe, Trixie…I am now convinced that I am in love with Stage Hoof. But still, it just feels both so overwhelming and sudden for me."

"Why so, darling?" Trixie then shifted herself to a more comfortable sitting position on the couch.

"Well," she replied softly. "I remember my grandmother telling me fairy tales about a prince and princess falling in love with each other when I was a filly. I never imagined that such a thing would happen to me, nor did I expect Stage Hoof to be the stallion I'd fall in love with. Now, I'm just so confused with how to deal with this." Trixie than hung her head. Rarity then smiled sympathetically as she placed a hoof on Trixie's shoulder.

"Well, here's my advice, darling: I believe that you should embrace those loving feelings you have for Stage Hoof. After all, I am fairly certain that he feels the exact same way about you." Trixie then slowly raised her head up in Rarity's direction as her eyes began welling with tears.

"You…you really mean that, Rarity?" she softly asked, her voice filled with hope.

"Why of course I do, Trixie," replied Rarity jubilantly. "After all, you both have endured such dreadful oppression and tyranny from Checker Monarch for so many years and that he also overcame his fear of that mare to save you." Trixie gently smiles in hearing this.

"You do have a good point there, Rarity. Still, Trixie feels nervous about telling Stage Hoof how she feels about him."

"Well, don't you fret, darling," encouraged Rarity. "Just be patient for a while and wait for Stage Hoof to make the first move. For when he does, that's the precise moment for you to express your deepest love for him."

"Thank you, Rarity," said Trixie as she and Rarity embraced each other. "For giving Trixie this advice; for she will be sure to use it."

"Why you are most welcome, Trixie," replied Rarity, chuckling with her silver laugh.

FLASHBACK II ENDS

Trixie smiled in fondly remembering that discussion with the white fashionista mare two weeks ago.

"Perhaps that's why he wanted to meet me here tonight," Trixie murmured. She then shifted down the hill in the direction of Ponyville when she heard somepony shout her name. Trixie then observed that the voice came from Stage Hoof who was running frantically up the hill to meet her at the top. Once he finally came to the hill top, Stage Hoof took a few moments to gather his breath before he slowly approached Trixie.

"Sorry I'm late," he said apologetically. "But the theater manager asked me to help lock it up for the night."

"It's okay," replied Trixie, as Stage Hoof sat down in front of her. "Trixie understands." Then both ponies just gazed into each other's eyes for a few moments before Stage Hoof spoke.

"Trixie…there's something I want to tell you. I-I want to say…um, that is…I really…um, I have this…" Stage Hoof was then interrupted when Trixie softly placed one hoof on his cheek before giving him a sweet, gentle smile.

"It's alright," She said with a gentle whisper. "Just think about what you want to tell Trixie and then speak." Trixie then removed her hoof from his cheek.

"Alright," replied Stage Hoof, as he sighed thoughtfully. Trixie waited patiently for a few minutes before he spoke again. "Trixie, ever since I came here to live in Ponyville, my life has taken a turn for the better, to which I've come to realize how important you mean to me…more than just as a friend. You've brought more joy to my life than I've ever imagined, Trixie…and that's why I want you to know…that I love you." With that, both Stage Hoof and Trixie bent their necks forward into their first gentle and passionate kiss, their bodies and souls filling with immense bliss. They remained in that position for a few minutes before separating, with joyous and loving expressions on their faces as they gazed at each other.

"Stage," said Trixie softly. "Trix…I love you too. And I'm so glad that you love me back."

"Me too," replied Stage Hoof. Through his eyes, the stallion thought that Trixie looked stunningly beautiful tonight from how the light of Luna's full moon reflected against her brilliant azure coat. The two ponies then engaged each other in another kiss, both their hearts filled with content of each other's presence.


An hour later, Stage Hoof escorted his beloved Trixie back to Library where they bid each other farewell with a kiss before the former departed for his apartment. When Trixie pranced into the Library, Spike and Twilight asked her where she had been and why she was late from working at the Theater. Trixie then briefly described the lovely moment she had with Stage Hoof tonight, which surprised Twilight and Spike for a moment. When Trixie was finished, both her friends congratulated her for getting together with Stage Hoof. They then went to sleep, in which Trixie dreamed of Stage Hoof and the new found love they had for each other.

Author's Note:

Just you readers that this story is actually canon to Godzillawolf's GBOYHverse, as some fans would call it (the author himself even approved it so). Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and may Christ bless you.

Comments ( 8 )

Excellent feel good romance story HolyCross. We really enjoyed your portrayal of Trixie, in our opinion it was spot on.:pinkiehappy:
Also loved the interaction between Rarity and the love struck wizard. Thumbs up all the way.

Thank you. But, just to let you know, this version of Trixie is actually from Godzillawolf's fanfictions. I just did my best to interpret it correctly.

Not bad. Though, I thought that Trixie had her own place by now. Also, is this before or after Perfect Companions?

4230656 This is after Perfect Companions and before Godzillawolf's version of Magic Duel.

That was a nice little story :twilightsmile: I have one concern though :trixieshiftright: I'm not trying to be nasty or anything; it's a sincere concern (I guess technically it could be open to the reader, but all in all, if this story is going to get a fav...it must be addressed, truthfully.) Please tell me that when you said "getting together" you weren't implying anything :applecry:

6442519 I'm not if I understand the question.

6444471 Sorry for any confusion :twilightsheepish: I was asking a question about part of the last paragraph

...When Trixie was finished, both her friends congratulated her for getting together with Stage Hoof...

I was just wondering if you were implying anything when you said "getting together". I thought the story was excellent & I'd love to give it a favorite BUT I have high standards for stories I give fav's to (if you were curious as to why I was asking).

Very nicely written, you do a really good job with descriptions to create the proper pacing and atmosphere. There were some little hiccups in grammar, notably some faulty punctuation in direct speech, but that’s just a minor thing. Can explain more if you wish to correct it though.

One thing that I think needs to be said is that you don’t need to mark flashbacks as the story makes it clear what those are. Separating them with line breaks should be enough. Also, once they are marked/separated somehow, there is no need for the italics.

Login or register to comment