• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,496 Views, 8 Comments

The Creation - Violet Runner



The story of how the world was made and Discord's origins.

  • ...
0
 8
 1,496

In The Beginning

In the beginning, long before the reign of Celestia and Luna, there was Chaos. Then out of Chaos came Night. Together they formed the sky above and the earth and sea below. They then gave birth to the life of the earth, from the lush flowers and fields to the animals that walked, swam and flew across it. To give the world light Night created the moon and stars, and while she slept, Chaos created the sun to give light when Night couldn’t.

To cultivate the land Night created the Earth Ponies, gifted in growing plants and with great strength. Understanding true chaos needs a form of order to balance it, Chaos created the Unicorns, granting them magic to maintain law and order in the land. To maintain the weather Night created the Pegasi, giving them wings to fly in the sky, and the ability to walk on clouds. And for a time peace ruled throughout the land.

However unbeknown to Night, Chaos had created a fourth race; the race of Titans! Gigantic, immortal beings each empowered with one of the elements. Aqua the Titan of Water, Magma the Titan of Fire, Gale the Titan of Air, Granite the Titan of Stone, Frost the Titan of Ice, Thunder the Titan of Electricity, Discord the Titan of Chaos, and Shadow the Titan of Darkness.

Aqua wished to flood the world, causing massive tsunamis and floods. She created the race of Sea Serpents to live in her watery world.

Magma wished to burn the world, causing volcanic eruptions and spreading fires everywhere. He created the race of Dragons to live in his volcanic world.

Gale wished to blow everything away, causing strong winds and tornados. She created the races of Buffalo and Zebras to live in her flat world.

Granite wished to bury everything, causing earthquakes and rockslides. He created the races of Diamond Dogs and Griffins to live in his Mountainous world.

Frost wished to freeze everything, causing blizzards and ice storms. He created windigos to live in his frozen world.

Thunder wished to blow everything up, creating massive storms and electrical fields.

Shadow wished to shroud the world in darkness, blacking out the sun and bring eternal night. She created nightmares and monsters to live in her dark world.

Discord, however, saw himself as Chaos’s heir, thus understood the need for balance, and did not share his brothers' and sisters' hate for the world, though he wouldn’t mind making a few changes.

When Chaos saw what his children were doing he instantly regretted what he had done and confessed everything to Night. When Night heard what he had done she was furious and attempted to destroy the Titans before they could do too much damage. However the Titans had grown too strong and where beyond her power.

When all seemed lost Discord approached Night and Chaos and proposed a plan to stop his siblings and bring order back to the world. He suggested that if they were to combine their powers together then they just might be able to destroy the other Titans. The two agreed with him and Discord left to set his plan into motion.

First he visited the strongest of the Titans, Magma and Frost, knowing that they would be the hardest to beat. Discord told both of them that he would help one of them if they beat the other in a duel to the death. Seeing their brother as a great asset, they both agreed, and started fighting each other, both doing significant damage. After a day of fighting, Magma called his children, the Dragons to help him. Frost doing the same with the Windigos. However, Discord had tricked both the Dragons and the Windigos into fighting against their masters beforehand, and the two Titans soon fell at the hands of their own creations.

With Magma and Frost out of the way Chaos and Night combined their powers together to create Faust, The Goddess of Harmony and the first of the Alicorn race, as well as Tartarus to hold the evils the Titans created. Together Faust and Discord defeated the rest of the Titans sealing their bodies within the pits of Tartarus.

However, Chaos and Night had used up to much of their power when creating Faust and Tartarus. As a last act to bring peace to the world, Night created the rest of the Alicorns and gave Faust control over the Sun, Moon and Stars, while Chaos bestowed Discord with the reminder of his power and gave him the title of the God of Chaos. With those last acts Chaos and Night faded away.

Faust knew as immortal gods they could never truly die and would be reincarnated into the world when their power regenerated. She also knew it would be the same for the Titans however and tasked herself as well as her descendants to keep a watchful eye out for and to stop the return of the Titans, while Discord appointed himself the guardian of the gates of Tartarus to make sure his brothers and sisters never escaped. Over time however he slowly fell under the influence of some of his brothers and he started grow corrupt from the power Chaos gave him. After many years of peace under the rule of Faust and her descendants, Discord finally snapped and started to spread chaos throughout the land of Equestria.

Celestia and Luna, the raining descendants of Faust, knowing how he once worked with their ancestor to bring peace, tried to reason with him but he had become too corrupt on his own power. In an attempt to bring him to his scenes they harnessed the power of six artifacts known as the Elements of Harmony which were left by Faust to help her descendants stop the return of the Titans. However the power of the elements proved too great, turning him to stone for a thousand years.

As he was turning to stone however Discord couldn’t help but sense the presents of the Titan Shadow with in Luna. As the last of his body turned to stone he laughed at the irony of how a Titan was reborn into the family tasked with stopping their return.

Author's Note:

Story inspired by The Frozen Soul Chronicles and What Choice Do I Have?

Comments ( 8 )

This was great. I love this concept! It flows well with the show, and makes a lot of sense. I always like stories that give their own spin to the creation of Equestria. Let me just add this to my headcanon too! :raritystarry:

Love it! Love everything about it!

what else can I say, other than this way amazing

... long before the rain of Celestia and Luna,...

Reign.

... and well she slept[missing comma] Chaos created the sun

While

... Discord[missing comma] however[missing comma] saw himself as Chaos’s heir[missing comma] thus understood the need for balance[missing comma] and did not share his brother’s and sister’s hate for the world, though he wouldn’t mind making a few changes....

I think Discord would've been the perfect candidate for the creator of the wild mish-mashed animals, such as chimeras, manticores, and even that "Bugbear" thing in S5E9.
Also: Brothers' and Sisters'

... When Night heard what he had done she was ferrous...

Furious

... First he visited the strongest of the Titans, Magma and Frost[missing comma] knowing that they would be the hardest to beat....

... Seeing their brother as a great asset[missing comma] they both agreed[missing comma] and started fighting each other[missing comma] both doing significant damage. After a day of fighting[missing comma] Magma call his children[missing comma] the Dragons to help him, Frost doing the same with the Windigos. However[missing comma] Discord had tricked both the Dragons and the Windigos into fighting against their masters beforehand[missing comma] and the two Titans soon fell at the hands of their own creations....

Called, and [period]

... With Magma and Frost out of the way[missing comma] Chaos and Night combined their powers together and created Faust,...

To create

This is a great story, I love every part of it, but the only thing that got me was the punctuation and grammar, I know there are more typos than I stated, but I was just too lazy to point out each and every one of them. So kudos to you Sir or Madam! Well done!

6105452 Fixed.

Also I already stated that Shadow had created the monsters.

6106470 oh, ok. I thought you meant "dark" looking monsters like the Ursas, and possibly other Constellation-based monsters of that sort :applejackunsure:

Wow, three years, six months, and 15 days without a single dislike.

Login or register to comment