• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 713 Views, 15 Comments

Mood Swings - Swimmingly



Pinkie has been having troubles dealing with her sad side, and her regular happy side is starting to frighten her friends. She can't stand her own actions and seeks help, hoping things can go back to the way they were.

  • ...
3
 15
 713

Day 1: Depression

Pinkie Pie sat awake in bed unable to fall into the blissful depths of reverie.
Her mind was in turmoil, between emotion.
Between reason and chaos.
She tried to think but thoughts wouldn't come, nothing but energy seemed real to her.
Her mind flashed with memories, fond and forgotten alike.

Eventually she fell asleep.

She woke, much later than she wanted to, midday. She had slept well but she was overtaken with tiredness, it was until an hour later that she was finally able to take her first steps out of bed. She made her way to her bathroom.
Her mirror must be broken she thought, as the pony within had straight hair and looked faded. Pinkie knew that wasn't her so she chuckled, until she ran her comb through her hair and realised she was the pony trapped in the mirror. Nothing she could do would fix her hair, that upset her greatly, she didn't know why.

The trip down the stairs was hard, as during the journey she started to doubt whether she should've even gotten up. She had nothing to look forward to.

It was after one by the time she made it down the stairs, luckily it was Sunday and she didn't have too work. But the fact that she had slept so long weighed heavily on her conscience.

The walk through town was straightforward, no distractions. No one noticed or needed her.
She reached the marketplace and wandered around admiring all of the stalls

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a white coat and purple mane move in her direction.

"Pinkie what a pleasure to see you today" her friend greeted her happily.
"Yeah you too rarity" she bleakly replied.
"Oh whatever is the matter dear, you seem down and your mane-" she was cut off.
"Yes I know my mane, It looks terrible, I should've done something about it, well yeah I tried , but nothing would change it" she irritably scolded her unicorn friend.
"Sorry Pinkie, I didn't mean anything I was merely observing" the unicorn replied.
" I'm so sorry for snapping at you like that I didn't mean it really, it's just I'm really not feeling my regular ol' pinkie self today and I don't know why and I spent ages trying to fix my mane and nothing would, I really didn't mean" she had worked herself up to tears.
"Oh no my dear, don't worry yourself, I understand. I hate it when some pony comments on my mane if I've had trouble with it" rarity assured "Darling don't worry it okay" she leaned in to hug her distraught friend.
"Sniff...thanks R-R-Rarity...I really... Sniff needed that right n-now" Pinkie sobbed into rarity's shoulder.
"No problem pinkie, you would be there for me, so it is only fair of me to do the same, not to mention denying a friend a hug isn't very generous now is it" Rarity replied softly.

After a few minutes they broke the hug and said their goodbyes and went their separate ways

Pinkie continued her aimless pacing around until it was well after dark, the downtrodden part pony slowly made her way to her home.

She couldn't get to sleep any easier...

Author's Note:

An attempt at writing something worthwhile.