• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 2,316 Views, 14 Comments

The flesh of a primal predator - trickypentagram



I turned into a monster of disturbing properties and now the inhabitants of this strange land want me dead.

  • ...
4
 14
 2,316

Hunters hunted

I woke up from my forced sleep and looked around me, I see trees and animals scuttling around me as I walked through the still dark grounds of the forest. I hear a crack behind me as I looked behind me, I see five twisted looking humanoid creatures, my instincts told me to rip them apart but I ignored them for the time being, I walked over to them and looked at the creatures.

I decided to watch them and not fight because I already killed enough sapient creatures to become a serial killer, they eventually walked away and didn't care about fighting me, they figured I wasn't worth the casualties.

"BY THE SUN!" was a voice from behind me.

I immediately looked behind me and saw the pony looking at me with terror in his eyes as I looked at with a puzzled look.

Jesus christ what are they doing in a goddamn forest full of fucking predators, was my only thought as he ran away, I wasn't going to let him go until I get answers to where I am and learn about the land.
Without any words said, I start sprinting to where he was and normally ponies would be a lot more faster then humans but this one was nothing to my speed, soon I caught up with him and grabbed him by the torso.

"No no no no no no no no!" the stallion was overreacting so much he might have a heart attack.

"Hey, no need to freak out" I tried to counsel him until realising that I grabbed him by the fucking torso forcefully.

"W-what?" he squinted at me trying to sense of the situation.

"Look, I would be scared if I was in the same situation as you but please keep calm" was my poor attempt to keep the stallion from pissing himself.

"Y-you're choking me" the stallion rasped out.

I let go of the stallion and took a look around the forest, it is still very dark even though it is daytime, I hoped to get some info on the world and get some dirt on what the hell is going on.

"Ok just please answer these questions.

"Why are you here?" I asked, the answer wouldn't benefit me but general curiosity took over.

"I was getting herbs for my daughter, she's sick from the plague" the stallion whimpered out.

The plague? is he talking about my disease? Remembering how the mass is a viral species and how they reproduce by infecting more organic life forms with their virus, I was in shock for a moment.

"Is your daughter randomly bleeding or having massive tumours in her abdomen?" I asked while panicking.

"What do you mean about that? Of course she isn't suffering from those symptoms" he looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Okay scratch whatever I just asked but tell me what herbs you need for your daughter, I think we can help each other out" I bargained.

"Normally I wouldn't accept help from demons but I have no other choice" he sighed in defeat.

"Okay the herbs have a bright yellow on them and the stem is red, the herb has a faint rosemary smell, be careful with the bugs on it, they suck your blood. He nervously said,

Okay as if that was helpful, Everything around here was bright with colours and vibrant with plantation, the only thing I was worried about was the fact that the bugs sucked blood, there is no way they can't get infected from that most contact with the disease.


Ten minute's later

I was still looking for the herbs, I scoured every single metre of land and still didn't see any type of herb, but then a rosemary smell drifted across my nose holes as I look for the trace of the faint smell, I walked over to the where the smell was and saw a small hut, curious I went inside to hopefully make a bargain with the owner for the herb.

"WHO HAS ENTERED MY ABODE!"

This took me off guard and an old looking stallion walked over to me, he had a beard and was a freaking unicorn.

"Oh it's you, strange little thing aren't you" the aged stallion inspected me without panic.

"Who are you?" was my only question.

"I am star swirl the bearded, or used to be, now I am star swirl the hermit" the unicorn said in a regret filled tone.

"What happened to you to shun yourself from others?" I was curious to hear his story.

"I don't want to talk about it" he sadly said.

"I won't touch that subject anymore" I said empathetically.

"But do you happen to have an herb on you that helps against the plague" I asked him very politely, hoping not to sound uncaring.

"Yes I do have a herb but could you do something for me?" he asked desperately.

"Anything" I said, even though this would be more frustrating a job to do then the herb.

"Could you take this egg?" he asked with a bit of hope in his tone.

"O-okay" was my only answer.

"Good and remember to keep it safe, I had it ever since I passed the academy of magic" he was on the verge of tears as he gave me his precious treasure.

"I am too old to take care of this egg anymore so I have to give it to you, you have youth in you so please do something for an old stallion" He gave his last signal to me right as he collapsed to the floor.

I checked his body and found out that he died from some sort of disease, it was probably the plague, in shock I couldn't do much but mourn him and move on, I took the herb and walked out the hut with my precious cargo.

Author's Note:

So yes, I am making a darker version of equestria, sorry for taking so long to update, I forgot all about this story and I can't promise I will go faster.