• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,097 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,097

Chapter 8

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 8

I enter the dining hall to see Shining Armour and Cadence, as well as the other mares sitting at the table. I smile seeing they're all okay.

"Glad to see you're all doing fine, where's Armoured Honour?" I ask, wondering where he went to.

Cadence looks turns to look at me. "Yes we're both doing fine thanks to you. As for Armoured Honour, he's at the barracks still resting, he was injured escorting me to safety," Cadence tells me and takes a sip from her tea, she looks okay apart from some bandages. The others all express their thanks.

"Huh, I'll pay him a visit and see if I can help get him on his feet faster later. I'm still drained from healing myself and Celestia," I tell her. Moonbeam and I sit at the table and a maid takes our orders.

"So who is this filly?" Twilight asks, Moonbeam ducks her head under the table.

"Her name is Moonbeam. She lost her folks during the attack, so I'll be adopting her." They all look sad at the news.

"Why are you carrying your sword?" Shining asks. I draw the stump of a sword and show him.

"This was special to me, it's served me for nearly four years now," I say as I hold it out for him which he levitates it over to himself.

"This looks like it was crafted by a master blacksmith," he says, looking the blade over. "Never seen a metal like this before though." He floats it back to me and I put it away.

"Yeah, it's made from an ancient dwarven metal. The sword itself is thousands of years old." Shining's brows rise at the age of the blade.

Twilight looks at the sword with a hungry expression.

"I'm surprised that sword lasted as long as it did then," Shining says as he and Cadence finish their breakfast.

"Well since the wedding was ruined, we'll have to wait to try again, but I must be off back to the crystal empire," Cadence says, we say our goodbyes to her and Shining as mine and Moonbeam's breakfast arrives.

I thank the maid and we both eat. After a few minutes of pleasant chatter with the mares the door opens.

"That beast is still here? And they let commoners inside now? What is this Castle coming to!" I groan, but don't acknowledge the pest. The others also show their annoyance, Rarity though looks ready to murder the guy.

Blueblood turns his attention at me. "Where were you during the attack hmm? Hiding like the animal you are no doubt." My left eye twitches as he sits on the far end.

The maid gets his order as we all eat in silence, his food arrives and he has a fit.

"You call this food? It looks like pig slop, what are the chefs doing in there?" I'm almost at my breaking point, the others look like they're about to lose it as well. Blueblood levitates his plate and throws it at the maid's face, the mares gasp at the action.

That's it, I walk over to the maid and help her up. She thanks me as tears form at the corners of her eyes.

I turn and punch Blueblood right between the eyes. He falls off his cushion and groans as he looks at me with malice.

"Again you dare assault me? I will have your head for this! You will be dragon fodder by the end of the week!" he threatens me. As he continues to rant a tray is floating behind his head in a blue glow.

WHAP! Blueblood goes face first into the floor knocked out cold. I turn to see Rarity with a smug grin and head held high.

"Nicely done, Rarity," I say with a smile, the guards drag the prince back off to the medical wing.

"Why thank you darling, You did pretty well yourself, but this ruffian had it coming, Twilight has also told me of how you taught him some manners in front of the princesses no less," she says. They're all chatting about it while Fluttershy is hiding behind her mane.

"So hero of Canterlot, what's your plan now?" Rainbow asks.

"I have four-thousand bits, and after I sign some adoption papers, Moonbeam and I will move to Ponyville and buy a house there. After that we'll be learning magic together." Moonbeam smiles as she pokes her head over the table, Twilight on the other hand has a very large grin.

"You got the spell book back?" I nodded and she squeals. I think I've just stepped into a trolls den by the sound she made and the look on her face.

"Could I perhaps borrow the book when you're not using it?" Twilight asks. Rainbow just rolls her eyes and mutters 'egghead' earning a frown from Twilight.

"Sure, but you'll have to read it at my place." She hums in thought, but agrees.

"Does this mean I can throw you a welcome to Ponyville party?" Pinkie asks with an ear to ear smile.

"Erm, we'll see. I'd like to get settled first," I tell her and finish my breakfast and say my goodbyes, Moonbeam tagging along behind me.

We make our way to the throne room and wait by the doors for permission to enter, the guards nodded and open the doors.

We enter the throne room with a bored looking Luna sitting on the throne, all the high class looking ponies stare at me as I walk up to her.

"Hello, Luna. Looks like you're a bit busy," I say to her. I look around the room and see ponies all around, some are lined up waiting for an audience with Luna and some are sitting around tables discussing politics.

"Ah, greetings Farengar. Yes, I've been very busy. I feel sorry for Tia going through this every day," she tells me. She yawns and covers her mouth with a hoof.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do this even for all the gold in the world," I reply. Moonbeam is leaning against my leg, nervous with all the ponies around.

"Well after you're done here, I'd like to talk about how I get to Ponyville and buy a house," I ask Luna.

She nodded and yawns again.

"Very well, please wait in your room. I'll meet you there to discuss it," she tells me and turns her attention back to the ponies in line.

Moonbeam and I leave the throne room and head back to my room. I walk down the halls, passing guards and castle staff. I reach my room and open the door.

I take off my sword and lie on the bed, Moonbeam looks around and heads to the bathroom. A few minutes later, I hear a flush and she walks back into the room.

"By the way, how old are you Moonbeam?" I ask her.

"I'm eight years old," she replies.

"Well then, first thing then after we get settled in, I'll have to enrol you at the local school," I tell her. She nodded and looks though the bookshelf for something to read.

I flip through the magic book, looking at certain spells and casting methods. After two hours, I learnt how to regulate my magicka a bit better. The doors open and a very tired Luna walks in yawning.

"Sorry for taking so long, these nobles squabble over the simplest things. Honestly, they can't put on their own horseshoes without help," she says and yawns again. She then looks over to Moonbeam.

She's reading a book called Daring Do. I'm not sure what it’s about, but from the cover, it looks like an adventure story.

"So, how do we go about buying a house? Back in Skyrim we had to talk to the steward of the jarl about purchasing a house," I tell Luna.

"Sounds similar to ours, you just have to speak with the mayor of the town and ask for any available homes," she replies, I nodded and ask the next question.

"And how do we get there? It’s not too far is it?" She shakes her head.

"No it's not too far, just at the bottom of the mountain. As for getting there, you'll be taking the train," she replies. I raised a brow.

"What's a train?" I ask, confused as to what this was.

"A train? Don't you have such transportation in your world?" she asks.

"No, we travel on horseback, wagon, carriage or a magical portal," I tell her. Her eyebrows raise when I mentioned horses.

"You ride horses?" she asks.

"Yes, but they're not like you. They can't speak or read, they live mostly on instinct. So what is this train you mentioned?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, it's a steam powered locomotive that pulls several passenger cars or cargo box cars great distances at a fast speed," she explains to me.

"Well, sounds like something the dwarves could of come up with. They were the best when it came to technology, but they died out thousands of years ago. Only their automatons and ruins remain, my sword was made by them." I reach over to the bed and grab my sword, looking it over again with frown on my face.

"I'm sorry that your sword was damaged, but as I said, we'll make you a new one as well as a new suit of armour. Rarity has already given your measurements to the armourer, should take about two weeks to get them made," she tells me. I smile and put the sword back down.

"Thank you, so when do we leave for Ponyville?" I ask. Her smile drops a bit.

"Oh, you don't have to leave right now, I'm sure the armourer would like to know any specifics you would like done," she says quickly.

"True, I would like my armour and sword to resemble my old ones. Though I think they've thrown out my armour already." Maybe I should have kept hold of it, oh well, what's done is done.

"Oh don't worry. The style might be different, but it will be tougher, lighter and more comfortable than your old ones. I'll even be able to place some spells on them to make them stronger," she says. That reminds me. I remember that Azura's Star is in Celestia's vault and that it was glowing, it was filled with a soul! I could try using it to enchant my new sword when it’s ready.

"That sounds great, but if possible, I'd like to try enchanting the sword myself." She looks at me confused.

"I remember you saying you need a, what was it? A soul gem?" I nodded. "We don't have those here I'm afraid."

"That's okay, in the gardens we found an enchanting table, probably from the necromancer's lair. There was also a daedric artefact that acts as a reusable grand soul gem called Azura's Star. I'm not sure if it can be used with any soul or just non-intelligent creatures," I tell her.

"Yes, my sister mentioned those to me, I'm not sure if we should let such a thing out of the Castle. Trapping a soul just sounds barbaric and cruel," she says with a frown, not wanting to allow such a thing.

"I don't have to, there seems to be a soul already in it. Or I could use the black soul gem we used on the Queen, unless you've destroyed it," I say. She thinks for a second.

"Hmmmm, well the black soul gem has been disposed of already, and if that star has a soul in it, shouldn't we be trying to save this soul?" she asks, looking down in thought.

"I don't know. I've never heard of a soul ever getting free from a gem before. The mage's guild believe that when a gem is used, the soul is released to the afterlife of the race the soul was from, or that they just become part of the enchanted item. There're some others but I don't know them," I tell her. She looks up at me with an unsure expression.

"Well until then, we will try to find a way of releasing this soul. If not, I'll have to discuss this with my sister about letting you use it." I nodded in agreement.

"Well then, I believe I've recovered enough magicka to pay Honour a visit, see if I can get him back on his feet, or hooves rather," I say. She says her goodbyes and leaves.

"So, Moonbeam. You tagging along or staying here?" I ask the filly. She looks up from her book and smiles.

"I want to go with you so I can see your kind of magic," she replies. We both head out the door and down to the barracks.

As we walk down the halls, I come across that old dark blue earth pony from the training grounds again.

"Ah, the nord, Farengar correct?" I nodded. "I never did give you my name. I was the last captain of the guard, Hammer Strike is my name." He holds out a hoof and I shake it.

"So where are you heading off to?" he asks.

"I was on my way to the barracks to see if I can heal Honour up a bit," I tell him and let go of his hoof.

"Ah, that would be good. He suffered a magical blast to his hind leg and will take awhile to heal, if you can speed that up then by all means, go for it," he says. We both say goodbye and I continue onward.

I arrive at the barracks and ask where Honour is. I'm led to his bed and greet him.

"Hello, Honour. I heard you took a nasty hit," I say sitting next to his bed.

"Heh, not as bad as what I heard you took. To be honest, I'm a bit jealous of your healing abilities, you were nearly dead, and here you are, fine and dandy," he says. I smile as I'm not fully healed yet.

"Not really, still sore in the chest. I only closed the wound, but it's still healing. So, would you like some healing?" I ask him.

"Sure, I'd rather not be bedridden for another week." I clap my hands together and place them on his left hind leg. I start healing his wound, closing it and dulling the pain. Moonbeam is watching my magic in action with wide eyes.

"That's the best I can do. You can probably stand now, but I would not suggest running," I tell him. He slides out of bed and stands up, he hisses as a bit of pain lingers.

"Well, it's still sore, but at least I can move around now, thanks." He smiles as he walks around testing his leg.

"So what happened to you after I left?" I ask. He explains that after I left, he helped Cadence out of the cave and to the Castle. That was until they were attacked by changelings. Honour fought them off, taking the hit to his leg using himself as a shield for Cadence. They made it to the barracks with minimal trouble after that.

"And since then, I've been stuck in this bed." He says, ending his tale. Moonbeam pokes my leg and I look down at her.

"Can I learn healing magic?" she asks. I smile and pat her head.

"Sure, I was planning to teach you that first since it's what I already know," I reply and she smiles.

I spend a few hours chatting with Honour about guard life, past exploits and future aspirations.

"Well, I need to go visit the medical wing and see how much damage is left," Honour says. I say goodbye to Honour and head back in to get lunch.