• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,122 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,122

Chapter 28

The Elder Scrolls: the Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 28

I wake up with something soft in my grasp, I open my eyes to see Luna and Moonbeam next me.

I smile and just lay there for ten minutes, Luna wakes up first and yawns making me chuckle, it was pretty cute.

"Hmmm? Oh, good morning," she says with a smile. "Did you sleep well?" she then asks.

"Sure did," I reply and look out the window, it was still dark out. "What time is it?"

"Uh," she looks out the window. "About four in the morning," she gets up and stretches, I get up as well. Moonbeam stirs but I place a pillow where I was and she hugs it tightly.

Luna heads over to her balcony and looks up to the night sky, I stand beside her and look up.

The moon is starting to set over the horizon, Luna turns to me with an unsure expression. "What's going to happen? These Daedra and this Alduin... What's going to happen to Equestria?... What's going to happen to us?" she asks with a worried tone.

I turn to her and wrap my arms around her neck. "I don't know, but whatever happens, I'll protect you and everyone else." She sighs and relaxes a bit.

We both sit there for an hour and a half just chatting away, I see Luna's horn glowing and the moon sets as the sun rises, it's a beautiful sight. Her horn stops glowing and she leans against me.

A knock on the door brings us out of our relaxed state. "Enter," Luna says without looking back.

A maid walks in and bows to Luna. "Breakfast is ready, Princess." Luna nodded and the maid leaves.

I walk over to the bed next to my daughter. "Moonbeam, time to wake up," I say as I shake her shoulder. I notice Tala sleeping on the floor at the foot of the bed.

She stirs and groans, trying to swat away my hand. "Five more minutes..." she mumbles. Me and Luna both laugh at that.

"Nope, breakfast is served. Besides, don't you want to practice your healing magic today?"

She smiles and slides out of bed, we then all get ready for our day, I decide to wear blue trousers and a green shirt today.

Moonbeam is wearing her necklace while Luna puts on her regalia.

The others and I head off to the dining hall for breakfast, the trip was uneventful as we enter the room. Celestia is at the table with a cup of tea and some papers.

"Good morning sister, how was your morning?" Luna asks.

"It's been good, considering what we have to deal with," she replies with a sigh.

We all take a seat at the table. "So... What did that dragon have to say?" I ask.

"Nothing, our magic had no effect on him nor did any threats make him talk." She looks down and shakes her head. "I don't know what else to do."

I frown. "I know what to do," I say in a grim tone.

Seems Celestia doesn't like my tone. "You're not planning something like what you did with that griffin are you?" she asks in a worried tone.

My frown deepens as I close my eyes. "No, what I had in mind is much worse than that," I reply. Celestia gasps. "If he doesn't talk... I'll take his soul," I say looking up at her.

Celestia looks like she's about to throw up or pass out, Luna speaks up next to me. "You'll do what?" she asks in almost a whisper.

I turn to Luna with a sad expression. "That's what the Dragonborn does remember? He or she takes the souls of Dragons to make themselves stronger," I say and sigh. "The only way I can see to make him talk is by threatening to take his soul."

I then look at Celestia. "You said it yourself, your magic and threats did nothing, maybe mine will." She looks conflicted.

"I don't know, not even my threat was that severe," she says.

"If you tell me not to, I won't, but it's the only thing I can think of that might get him to talk," I tell her and look down at the table.

As breakfast is served, I wait for Celestia to reply, she sits there in thought as we all eat our breakfasts.

After a few minutes she looks at me. "Fine, but try to get him to talk before you do something you might regret," she tells me.

I turn to Luna who has a look of unease. "You alright?" I ask her.

She looks at me. "Will you really take his soul?" she replies.

"If I have to, to be honest I don't want to, I've already taken three dragon souls and I just don't like the feeling that it leaves afterwards. I feel stronger, but it also feels like it's changing who I am." I'm not sure how, but I feel a little bit more aggressive every time it happens.

Luna looks upset at the news. "I don't want you to change, I love you for who you are now." She leans on my shoulder trying not to cry.

I wrap an arm around Luna and hug her. "Don't worry, if I start acting strange, just knock some sense into me," I tell her and she giggles a bit.

We all finish breakfast and I ask Luna to look after Moonbeam and Tala while I go with Celestia to question the dragon.

After ten minutes navigating the castle and underground caves, we arrive at a large cavern with Paarthurnax and Sharatier. The black dragon is chained to the floor, the left side of his face still disfigured by my frost breath thu'um.

The dragon looks over to Celestia. "I told you before, I won't tell you anything, You might as well jus..." He stops the moment he sees me.

"Just what?" I ask. He doesn't reply. "Where is Alduin?" I ask him.

He just frowns at me. "If you don't tell us, I won't just kill you, I'll take your soul." The ponies go silent and stare at me shocked, I just ignore them and keep my glare on the dragon.

His right eye slightly widens but he stays silent. "Alright then, you've got thirty minutes to decide if your going to tell us or not." I start walking over to Paarthurnax but stop and look over my shoulder. "You tell us and you live, don't tell us, well, you won't have to worry about it anymore." And with that, I walk away, Celestia right behind me.

"I hope you know what you're doing," she says as we walk up to Parrthurnax.

"Me too," I reply.

Paarthurnax and Sharatier turn to us as we approach. "Ah, Dovahkiin, the Princesses have had no luck in getting our guest to talk," he says.

"Hopefully my threat works, I really don't want to do it." I reply and look back at the dragon who looks like he's deep in thought.

The others chat for thirty minutes while I just sit and stare at the dragon, he looks back at me with an uneasy expression, I just narrow my eyes at him.

I get up and walk over to the dragon, the others look over to me silently as I approach him.

"Are you going to tell me now?" I ask.

He looks down in thought. "Do you even know what Alduin's goal is?" I ask again.

He looks up at me and shakes his head.

"He want's to destroy all life in the world, is that what you really want as well?" I tell him.

He looks genuinely surprised. "He told us a creature arrived to wipe us out, and that we had to kill you before you could get to our lands."

I raise an eyebrow at that. "No, I'm not here to kill dragons, I was brought here by chance."

He looks at me with his one good eye. "And how would you know what Alduin really wants?"

"Akatosh himself told me," I reply.

His eye widen. "You saw Akatosh?" he asks in shock.

I nodded. "He unlocked my Dragonborn abilities and tasked me with stopping Alduin," I reply.

The dragon looks conflicted as he frowns, after a few minutes he looks me in the eyes. "How do I know you're telling the truth?" he asks.

"You don't, but the fact I have not killed you, Paarthurnax, or Sharatier shows that I'm not here to kill the dragons, except Alduin," I reply.

Paarthurnax speaks up. "He speaks the truth, Alduin is my brother, he believes he has to destroy everything as is his role as World-eater."

The dragon looks from Paarthurnax to me with a sigh. "Very well, last I saw him, he was in the horde leader's lair as he gave us our orders, that was two days ago." He frowns in thought. "To be honest, I didn't want to go, I have a mate to look after and a clutch to raise." His expression then softens. "But I got this feeling that if I refused, my family would be killed, he had this look and feel that just screamed... Cruel."

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Sahloknir," he replies.

I walk up to the left side of his face. "My name is Farengar, I'm going to try and heal your wound," I tell him.

He relaxes as I cast two Healing Ritual spells {50%}, the damaged scales start to mend but the eye is a lost cause.

Sahloknir sighs. "Thank you, that feels much better," he says as Celestia walks over to him.

"So what will you do now?" she asks him.

Sahloknir thinks for a few seconds. "I can't go back, Alduin would surely punish or even kill me for failing, but I must get my family away from there." He looks at Celestia. "I ask for asylum for me and my family, in return, I will aid you in your fight against Alduin," he asks and offers her.

Celestia nodded. "That can be arranged, your help would be welcomed." She orders some guards to release his bindings, I stay on guard just in case.

Sahloknir stands and heads for the exit, Paarthurnax and Sharatier follow him.

Paarthurnax speaks up. "We will help him bring his family back," he says, Sahloknir smiles and says his thanks.

They all fly out leaving me, Celestia, and the Greybeards standing there. "I do hope we made the right decision," she says.

"So do I," I say quietly.

The Greybeards then walk up to me. "While we wait for their return, we shall continue to train you," one of them says.

"Alright," I reply and turn to Celestia. "Can you send word to Luna that I'll be in the testing chambers?" I ask her.

"I'll send a guard to her, I must return to the throne room and back to my duties." She turns to two guards. "Glimmer shield, please inform Luna about what has happened and where Farengar is." The guard salutes and runs off. "And Armoured Honour, please escort Farengar and the Greybeards to the testing chambers." He also salutes and walks to the door, me and the Greybeards close behind.

"So you've gotten even stronger now?" Honour asks.

"I guess so, I've learnt a few new thu'ums, we're off to practice them some more now," I reply.

"Huh, so you've learnt to yell some more? Ha ha, well I've been practising my healing since that night, getting a little better, even made some of the other Guards jealous," he says.

"HAHA! Good, it'll just take time," I tell him as we all walk down the halls.

After six or seven minutes we arrived at the large steel door, a unicorn guard opens the door for us and we all enter.

Over the next three hours I practice the thu'ums, Luna arrived with Moonbeam and Tala about ten minutes in.

We all break for lunch and head for the dining hall, we all eat while talking about the training and plans on what to do.

I've decided to spend the evening with Luna while Moonbeam and Tala go play in the gardens, Honour is with them to keep them out of trouble while the Greybeards head back to their rooms to meditate.

{100%}

Luna and I head back to her room and I remove my armour and weapons.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask her.

She pulls out a board with black and white squares on it. "Do you know how to play chess?" she asks.

I shake my head. "No, never even heard of it before," I reply.

"Then I shall teach you." And with that, she sets up the game. I sit down across from her with the white pieces in front of me.

There's sixteen pieces in all, eight pawns, two bishops, two castles, two knights, and in the back centre are the king and queen.

She explains the rules and each piece’s movements. After ten minutes, I understand and the game begins.

It's been ten minutes or so since the start and I've lost a knight, five pawns, a bishop and my queen, she's only lost a castle and three pawns.

It's my turn and she just stares at me with a calculating gaze, I move a pawn to take one of hers and she retaliates but taking it as well, I frown with a smile, this is harder than I thought.

"Move your bishop to her bishop," I hear Solnara say, I forgot I'm still wearing the amulet.

"Alright," I reply.

I take her bishop and Luna's eyes widen, she did not see that coming it would seem.

Luna moves her queen and takes my bishop down.

"Now move your knight and take her queen," Solnara says.

"Is this considered cheating?" I ask her.

"Technically I'm just a voice in your head, so it doesn't matter, besides, you look like you need the help," she replies and then giggles.

I roll my eyes, Luna notices that and narrows her eyes at me, she spots the amulet still around my neck. "Is Solnara helping you?" Sounded more like an accusation than a question.

I sigh and smile. "Maybe, seems she knows the game better than me," I say as I move my knight and take her queen.

Luna gasps and frowns. "Oh, it is on!" she says and moves her knight. "Check!" she cheers with a smirk.

I look to see what I can do. "Move your castle in to take the knight," Solnara tells me. I do as she suggested.

Luna groans as I take her knight, she moves a pawn forward and glares at me. Over the next five minutes, I've taken three more pieces and lost two, but in the end Luna still wins. "Checkmate!" she announces with glee.

I chuckle. "Oh well, better luck next time," I say to Solnara.

I hear Solnara giggle a bit as I stand up and stretch, I walk over to the balcony and lean on the railing.

Luna walks beside me as we both look over the city, the repairs are almost done from the Changeling invasion.

"It would probably take a few days before Paarthurnax and the others to return," Luna says.

"So what do we do till then?" I ask.

"You'll be going through the Elite Forces training, you'll be evaluated on what position suits you best," she replies.

"Sounds good to me," I say as the doors open.

Moonbeam and Tala walk in, I smile as Tala sits next to me, she's getting bigger since I first got her, at least by a good three inches.

Moonbeam yawns and jumps onto the bed and promptly falls asleep, Luna giggles while I chuckle.

"Guess she exhausted herself playing with Tala," I say.

"Looks like it... What do you think she should do now? Go to Celestia's school for gifted unicorns to learn pony magic, or continue to practice your kind of magic?"

I look at Moonbeam then back to the city in thought. 'Moonbeam wants to learn healing magic, even Celestia said that pony healing magic is not as strong as Tamrielan and difficult to learn if not impossible. By learning Tamrielan magic, she'll be able to learn it easier and faster.'

I look back to Moonbeam. "We'll just have to ask her, but whatever she decides, I'll support her," I reply.

Luna smiles and leans against me. "That's all anypony can ask."

I continue to play chess with Luna for a few more hours, I'm getting better... but didn't win a single game. I'm starting to get hungry so we pack away the game then head out for dinner with Moonbeam and Tala after they wake up.

We're all heading down the hall chatting and laughing, we arrive at the dining hall to find Celestia surrounded by her advisers.

"What's going on?" I ask Luna.

She just shrugs and walks over to the table.

I sit down next to Luna while Moonbeam sits next to me, I pick up the glass of water in front of me.

"Ah, Princess Luna, Sir Farengar, perfect timing. We were discussing the wedding plans with Princess Celestia," one of the advisers says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Who's wedding? Shining and Cadence?" I ask taking a gulp of water.

"No sir, yours and Princess Luna's wedding." Luna's eyes widen as I spray out my drink all over one of the advisers.

"SAY WHAT!?" I yell.