• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,097 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,097

Chapter 27

The Elder Scrolls: the Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 27

We enter the cave and very large faded white dragon greets us. "Greetings, Dovahkiin, I am Paarthurnax," he says. I can see he looks tired. "I've sensed the return of Alduin, I have come to aid you in your battle against him," he then tells me as he stands up.

He stands at forty feet tall and has scars all over his body. "Step forward, Dovahkiin and learn the language of the dragons!" he inhales and bellows out a plume of flames onto the floor, The Greybeards also shout in the dragon tongue and twelve words are now seared into the stone floor of the cave, I go over to the first one and read it.

"Gaan... Lah... Haas." (Drain Vitality) Once again energy and knowledge flows from the words to me, I move on to the next one.

"Tiid... Klo... Ul." (Slow Time) the process repeats again and I continue to the next.

"Yol... Toor... Shul." (Fire Breath) The energy flows into me, I move to the last words.

"Fo... Krah... Diin." (Frost Breath) Once I finish, Paarthurnax speaks up.

"You will remain here until you get used to these new thu'ums." He motions me to follow him, I do so along with the Greybeards and Luna. "Who is this? One of the ponies of this land?" he asks glancing at Luna while walking through the cave.

Luna perks up and replies. "I am an Alicorn, my name is Princess Luna," she tells him.

"So you rule over these lands?" Paarthurnax asks.

"Yes, along with my sister," she replies.

"Then after the Dovahkiin has been trained we shall return with you to decide on what we shall do to counter Alduin," he tells her.

"Very well, we'll have rooms prepared for you all," she replies to him and the Greybeards.

We all arrive into a large cavern, there's some boulders set up in a row.

"Dovahkiin, here you will practice your new thu'ums," Paarthurnax says as he looks over the area.

"Alright," I reply and walk over to the first boulder.

Paarthurnax then speaks again. "Now use the yol toor shul thu'um or fire breath."

I take a deep breath and call forth the knowledge and shout. "Yol Toor SHUL!" A large plume of fire erupts from my mouth making Luna gasp {50%}.

The boulder is scorched and slightly melted. Paarthurnax nodded as I walk over to the next one, I rest for a minute as my energy returns {100%}.

"Now use Fo Krah Diin or frost breath," he tells me.

I repeat my actions and inhale. "Fo Krah DIIN!" {50%} A mist of ice blows out from my mouth encasing the boulder in a sheet of solid ice, after a few second the ice cracks and the boulder falls apart. Paarthurnax nodded again, I walk to the next set of boulders and rest again {100%}.

"Now we shall try the Gaan Lah Haas or Drain Vitality thu'um," he says as he stands in front of me, I give him a questioning look. "You shall try it on me," he tells me. I look to the Greybeards and they nodded, I shrug and look back to Paarthurnax.

I inhale and shout. "Gaan Lah HASS!" {30%} A purple ring of energy hits him in the chest, I can feel his energy flow to me but doing nothing as I'm not hurt, tired or lost any magicka.

I rest again for a minute and a half {100%}.

He shakes his head, probably feeling dizzy, then nodded. "For the last test you will use the Tiid Klo Ul or Slow Time to dodge a barrage of firebolts." I gulp as the Greybeards take up position in front of me in a line.

They start casting the spells so I react. "Tiid Klo Ul!" {0%} An orb of white energy leaves my mouth and expands around me, everything is now moving slowly. I avoid the firebolts with ease as they just crawl past me, I also seem to move slightly faster than I normally would, but I guess that it's just my reaction timing that's increased.

It lasts for sixteen seconds before the white field collapsed and time returns to normal. The Greybeards stop firing the bolts and walk back over to Paarthurnax, I rest for two minutes to recover my energy. {100%}.

Paarthurnax then speaks up. "Very good, now I shall teach you some ancient magic to aid you," he says.

You can't let him!’ Solnara says quickly.

"Why can't I?" I say aloud earning some strange looks from the Greybeards and Parrthurnax.

It will overwrite the spells I gave you, no matter what spells he has, the ones given to you by Julianos are some of the oldest and strongest spells there was,’ she replies.

"Who are you talking to?" Paarthurnax asks.

I look up to him and say 'Huh?' with a confused expression. "Oh right, hold on." I grip the amulet. "Solnara!" I call out.

The light blueish white mist comes out and forms the ethereal body of Solnara.

Paarthurnax's eyes widen as she finishes forming. "By Akatosh, one of the lost unicorns of Valenwood," he mutters to himself.

Solnara looks up to Paarthurnax. "I'm sorry, but please don't teach him any spells, I gave him ancient spells from Julianos himself. Your spells would remove the ones I gave and I can’t give them to him again," she says to the dragon.

Paarthurnax looks to her and hums in thought. "Very well, if that is the case we shall continue to practice." So for the next three hours I practice my new thu'ums.

"I think that's enough for today," Paarthurnax says as he looks from me, then out to the cave entrance. "In the forest to the south is some ruins we found when we first arrived here, there seems to be a word of power under the ruins. If you have time, I suggest you go and find it," he says to me.

Luna perks up at the mention of the ruins. "Excuse me, but were these ruins in the shape of a derelict castle?" she asks.

Paarthurnax looks to her. "Yes, they looked to be a thousand years old," he replies.

Luna sighs and looks down, I know what ruins he's talking about, it's the one I saw from Luna's memory.

Before anyone could reply, a loud thud and quake echoes throughout the mountain. Sharatier makes her way over to Paarthurnax. "Three dragons are attacking! They're demanding the Dovahkiin!" she tells him, I frown and draw my sword.

Paarthurnax just sighs. "I'm in no condition to fight and I don't think the Dovahkiin can take on all three, even with your aid," he says with a frown.

I speak up with a slight grin on my face. "But it won’t be just the two of us, I have an ally I can call for aid, his name is Odahviing," I tell him.

Paarthurnax's eyes widen again, "He still lives? He disappeared nearly a thousand years ago from Skyrim and I haven't heard from him since, you truly have his aid?" I nodded in reply.

"Very well then, if you really can summon him, then you have more than a good chance to fight back. Sharatier, go with the Dovahkiin and help fight off these fools," he tells her, she nodded and I fly out of the cave with her, Luna calls out to me but I keep going, she'll be safe in there with Paarthurnax and the Greybeards.

Once we make it outside, three large black dragons are waiting for me. "You finally showed up! You will die here or Equestria will be burned to the ground!" One of them yells out.

I just frown and inhale. "OD AH VIING!" I shout out as force of white energy flies off into the sky. I notice that my energy wasn't taken as I perform the shout.

A purplish red portal opens in the sky and a red ethereal Dragon flies out with a roar, the other dragons look up with surprise.

"Impossible!" the first dragon yells.

"He was taken by Sheogorath! How is he still alive!" the third dragon says.

"It doesn't matter! Kill the Dovahkiin!" the second dragon tells them.

Sharatier charges at the first dragon while Odahviing dives toward the third, I flap my wings and charge at the second dragon.

He avoids my charge and swipes a claw at me, I flap again and dodge the attack. I inhale and fly right into his face. "Fo Krah Diin!" {50%} I yell and blow an icy mist into his face, he turns his head as the left side of his face is frozen over, he roars in pain as his eye is frozen solid and cracks.

He inhales and breathes fire at me, I cross my arms in front of me and brace for impact. The ball of fire hits me and I'm sent hurtling through the air for a few seconds before recovering {75%}.

I look up to see the dragon charging down at me, I flap my wings as hard as I can and avoid him, the dragon flies past and flares his wings out to slow down, I take advantage of this and summon an Aedric Spear {90%} in my right hand while holding my sword with my left and then cast Focused Charge {65%} {67%}.

With the burst of magicka, I rush towards him and impale his left wing shoulder joint {60%}, he roars in pain as I twist the spear causing it to burn right through the muscle {55%}. He roars as he plummets down the mountain side, but he manages to slam me with his tail on the way down and I'm sent careening into the mountain side {46%}. I watch slightly embedded into the stone as he slams into the ground below and doesn't get back up.

I heal myself {30%} {78%} as I look to the others and see Odahviing just outmatching his opponent. He bites into the dragon’s neck and rips out a massive chunk as blood sprays everywhere, he spits out the flesh as the dragon falls lifelessly to the ground.

Sharatier is not fairing well with her opponent, she's slammed into the mountainside by her opponent as he charges at her to finish her off. I grip my sword and rush over to her {100%} {92%}, Odahviing also notices and rams the dragon into the mountain and pins him to the wall. Odahviing looks over to me and I nodded.

I charge with my sword pointing forward, the dragon tries to struggle but Odahviing doesn't budge. As soon as I get there, I thrust my sword into the dragon’s head, he roars out as flames burst forth from his mouth for a few seconds before he goes limp.

I pull my sword out and Odahviing lets go as he plummets to the base of the mountain, I go down to see if the one I took down is dead or alive. When I reach the bottom, the two dead dragons start to dissolve and I absorb their souls. After that was done, I check the other one.

He's still breathing but severely injured. "Odahviing, can you keep an eye on him while I go get Celestia?" I ask him.

He nodded and I fly up to Luna. I enter the cave and see Luna with a worried expression, I cough and get her attention. She turns and smiles when she sees me, she runs over and grabs me into a hug. "I was so worried!" she says with relief.

"I'm fine, we even managed to take one alive, barely. Can you contact Celestia and ask her if she can bring him back?" I ask her.

She stares wide eyed at me. "You managed to capture one of them?" she asks shocked.

"Yes, but Odahviing is watching him and I don't know how long he'll be able to stay here," I reply.

She nodded and her horn glows as she teleports away, I fly back out and down to Odahviing.

{100%} {100%} {100%} {100%}

"So, Dovahkiin, have you come any closer to freeing me?" he asks me.

"Celestia and Luna are developing a barrier to repel the Daedra, though I'm not sure, you might want to ask them yourself when they get here," I reply.

"Well it better be soon, I can't hold this form for much longer," he tells me.

"What happened to you after we left?" I ask.

"Sheogorath pinned me to the platform we met at with steel spears. I won't lie, it was extremely painful, I've been there ever since," he replies.

I grimace, that even felt painful to hear, let alone have it done.

Paarthurnax flies down and lands next to Odahviing. "Greetings my old friend, it has been too long since we've last met."

Odahviing gives him a sombre look. "That it has, I was forced to leave Tamriel all those years ago, I and many others ended up here, I was the leader of the dragons before Sheogorath took me away, it would seem Alduin has taken advantage of this."

"It would seem so, but something is strange," Paarthurnax says as he looks at the fallen dragon. "There's a form of odd magic in this one." Odahviing looks to the dragon and examines him.

He gasps. "He's been fused with chaos magic! The only being I know that has control over such energies is Discord," he says with a frown. "But the Equestrian princesses sealed him in stone, he should not be able to return!"

Discord? I think I've heard that name before, my thoughts are interrupted as Celestia and Luna reappear in front of us.

Celestia speaks up. "My sister has told me what happened, we have a chamber big enough to contain him for now." She looks up to the ethereal form of Odahviing. "I'm glad to see you're somewhat okay," she says.

"In a manner of speaking, I am alive, but not in the best of health," he replies.

Celestia frowns. "Well, we've almost completed the barrier spell, should not take any longer than a few days," she tells him.

"I'm glad to hear that," he says as his body starts to fade. "My time is up, I must rest for a week before you can summon me again," I nodded and with that, he fades away.

The dragon starts to stir so Luna and Celestia's horns glow. "We'll take him to the chamber and seal him in, we'll wait for you to return," Celestia says as they and the dragon disappear.

Paarthurnax flies back up to the cave and I follow him. Sharatier and the Greybeards are waiting for Paarthurnax to return.

"We shall now go to the Equestrian Capital and aid in the fight against Alduin," Paarthurnax says and the Greybeards climb onto his back. "Dovahkiin, lead the way back," he tells me.

I nodded and fly out the cave with him and Sharatier following behind. After about forty minutes, we both land in the courtyard where the guards look nervous as the Greybeards descend off Paarthurnax's back. I ask a guard to inform Celestia and Luna that we're here, he salutes and runs into the castle.

We wait outside for Celestia and Luna for a few minutes. Paarthurnax perks up and looks behind me, I turn to see Luna walking over to me while Celestia walks over to Paarthurnax.

When she gets to me, she nuzzles me making me smile. Celestia walks up to Paarthurnax and greets him.

"Greetings, I am Princess Celestia Co-Ruler of Equestria." She gives a slight bow after introducing herself.

"It is an honour. My name is Paarthurnax, leader of the Greybeards," he replies as he and the Greybeards bow to her.

"Likewise, I apologize but the only place I can accommodate you two is in an underground cavern on the back end of the mountain," she says to him.

"That will be fine, we have much to discuss," he replies.

Celestia guides them through the sky with an escort of guards, they disappear behind the castle leaving me and Luna alone.

"So now what?" I ask.

"Moonbeam wants to see you, she's up in my room with Tala," she replies.

We both head into the castle and up to Luna's room, I open the doors to find Moonbeam playing with Tala and laughing, the sight makes me smile.

"DADDY!" she calls out and grabs onto my leg. "Are you okay?"

I chuckle and ruffle her mane. "I'm fine, hopefully things will calm down for a while."

Tala barks at my feet and I pet her head.

I then turn to Luna. "What time is it?" I ask.

"About time for dinner," she replies, my stomach then rumbles in agreement.

They giggle as we all head off to the dining hall, along the way I greet the castle staff and guards.

We arrive with no one else inside the dining hall. "Where is everyone?" I ask.

Luna turns to me. "Oh they've gone back to their lands, mainly due to the dragon threat," she replies.

"Oh." I was about to sit down when a guard walks in with a scroll. "A letter from King Iron Beak has arrived!" he says.

Luna levitates the scroll to her and reads it, she sighs and teleports the scroll away.

"What did it say?" I ask.

She looks to me with a frown. "Iron Beak can't come here to retrieve his son, they seem to be having a problem with the dragons as well, he asks us to bring his son to him and aid him with his problem," she says with a sigh.

"And what will you do?"

"I'll have to discuss this with Tia first."

"So what shall I do until then?" I ask as I yawn.

"Well first we’re going to have dinner, then you're going to get some rest," she replies.

"Alright." We all order our meals and eat it while having small talk.

We all finish and Luna speaks up. "Right then, off to bed with you, I'll look after Moonbeam and Tala," she tells me with a smile.

"Thanks, see you *yawn* later." I wave goodbye as do they as well and head to Luna's room.

I strip off my armour and shoes, I slip into bed and promptly fall asleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the week long wait, been busy with sprite work and Smite :D