• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,130 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,130

Chapter 23

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 23

Luna drags me to a building near the Town Hall.

Just from the looks of it, I can tell I'm not going to like this.

"Come on, Farengar! I'm sure you'll like it!" Luna says as she keeps pulling on my arm.

We enter the building and two mares look up from behind a counter.

The pink one's eyes open with joy at seeing Luna, but the blue one's open with a look of fear at me.

"Good afternoon, Princess. How may we help you?" says the pink one.

The blue one just starts trembling and the pink one notices it.

"What is the matter Lotus?" the pink one asks. Lotus just points at me.

The pink one's eyes move to the door and me, she gasps and also starts shaking.

I sigh, look down and shake my head. Luna looks a little upset at their reactions.

"What's that matter?" Luna asks them.

"He's... He's a murderer," Lotus says.

Luna frowns. "No he is not! He saved three fillies from a manticore, protected the town from a group of known killers, he saved a filly from death’s door and just earlier today he saved three mares from a pack of timberwolves!" Luna tells them.

The two mares look at each other then up at me, I could see the conflicting emotions in their eyes, I give them a sad smile.

"Aloe and I... We are sorry for our behaviour, we... We were just afraid of you," Lotus says as they both look down.

I remove my helmet and look at them. "It's alright, my world is full of death, greed, anger and hatred. Many of us succumb to the hate and fear, turning on each other." I look up and close my eyes.

"Even I fell to my anger and hatred, but I pulled myself out of my own darkness and tried my best to help others, to protect the innocent and to punish the cruel, pick up those that were lost or fallen and help them laugh again, give to those less fortunate than myself. I've never lied, cheated or stole from anyone, healed those harmed by another who didn't deserve it and for nothing in return." I smile and look back down to them.

"My methods may seem barbaric and over the top to you ponies, but when those I care for or the innocent are in danger right in front of me." I take a long slow breath of air. "I will do all I can to protect them, even if I'm outcasted by them for it." A tear falls down my cheek, the memory of a small village exiling me for saving them from a mage's summoning spell that brought forth countless daedra flashes briefly as I shake my head. Apparently, I fought with more ferocity than the daedra which made the residents fear me more, they said my eyes burned with a fury that would even make a Daedric Prince think twice.

Luna notices the tear and leans up against me, I smile and lean back into her, Tala barks and nuzzles my left leg.

Lotus and Aloe look between us before smiling themselves. "As an apology we would like to give you a free session here," Aloe says as Lotus nodded in agreement.

Luna stands up straight. "Thank you, but I'd rather pay for your services," she says, I voice my agreement as well.

We're led into a room with lockers and asked to strip down and place our stuff into a locker. I'm given a large closet due to my armour and long weapon. I strip down to my underwear, much to Luna's enjoyment who I thought I heard make a purring sound while she watched, though the spa mares gasped at my scars. Once ready we step out into a large room.

At the centre of the back wall is a large wooden tub filled with bubbling water, to the right are a few smaller tubs filled with water and some sort of mud, to the left are lounge chairs where a cream coloured earth pony mare with a purple mane and tail is filing another mare's hooves.

We're led over to a couple of tables with a hole on one end, I'm told to lie down on it and watch as Luna does so, I shrug and do the same after I tell Tala to relax on one of the lounge chairs.

Tala barks and curls up on one of them next to the cream coloured mare, who looks at the pup with a confused expression.

Lotus goes over to Luna as Aloe stands next to me, she tells me to relax and I do so. She grabs a bottle and puts some sort of lotion on her hooves, I then feel her hooves on my shoulders as she starts kneading them, I let out a loud groan as she works and I go completely limp, Luna giggles at my reaction.

I pay her no mind, I've never felt so relaxed in years. She moves down to my back, she lingers near the cross shaped scar as she traces around it a few times, I'm surprised her hooves are so soft, I thought they'd be hard, I guess that's a good thing.

"My my, you are very tense, I'm not surprised by what you must have gone through," Aloe comments.

She then moves to my arms and coos at the thick muscle in them as they turn to jelly due to her skills. My legs are next as she moved down them limbering them up, my eyes shoot open as she starts massaging my backside, Luna giggles at my expression.

Aloe then asks me to turn over, I do so and she starts on my chest, I close my eyes and just lay there.

After a few minutes, she says she's done and I get up and shake my limbs. Wow, I've never felt so good before, no sore muscles or aching back.

We're both then directed to a tub of brown mud, I look at it with a raised eyebrow then at Aloe.

She just nodded to the tub and I shake my head, I ain't jumping into that. I yelp as I feel a hoof push me from behind and I fall face first into the mud, I resurface and remove the mud from my eyes to see a smirking Luna and giggling ponies.

I sink just down to my nose with a frown as Luna steps into the other tub. the two spa ponies that I now know are twins are chatting with Luna while I still brood over Luna's little action.

After ten minutes, I'm instructed to leave and head over to the showers. After I'm clean, I'm led over to the large bubbling tub where Luna and I get in, I sigh as the warm water washes over me. Luna moves next to me and rests her head on my shoulder with a happy sigh, a faint flash goes off again but I could not find where it came from. I hear a bell ding as Lotus heads back to the counter. A few minutes later, Rarity and Fluttershy walk in.

Rarity gasps and giggles at seeing me here with Luna, Fluttershy just smiles and waves.

"Why, Farengar darling. I'd never thought I would see you here!" she says as Lotus talks to Fluttershy, I notice they're both wearing bath robes matching their coat colours.

"It was Luna's idea," I say and pat Luna on the head, which makes her poke her tongue out at me and smile.

"Well, it's certainly a surprise to see you both here, even more of a surprise to know you're a couple now," she says with a wink.

I chuckle and rest my head on Luna's, I can hear Rarity and Fluttershy chat away, mostly Rarity though.

After a good ten minute soak, Lotus calls us out of the tub, I see Rarity and Fluttershy blush as I wrap a towel around my waist, water dripping off me. We're led into a wooden room with hot coals in the centre, Lotus pours water over them and tells us to sit down. Once again Luna is next to me and snuggles my right arm in her forelegs.

"What's the point of this?" I ask as the steam in the room gets thicker and thicker.

"The steam makes you sweat and cleans out your pores," Luna tells me. Sounds like she's trying not to fall asleep.

Time seems to pass by as we're enjoying each others company, I occasionally add more water to the coal with my telekinesis spell.

Aloe enters and calls us out. We both take a quick shower and are led to the lounge chairs, I lie back on one and place my hands behind my head and close my eyes as Tala jumps up on me and lays on top of my chest. I hear filing as I stroke Tala's back -which is surprisingly soft for a wolf made of wood and leaves- and open an eye to see Luna getting her hooves and horn filed and polished.

Lotus walks up to me with a file and I just shake my head, she nodded and goes to Rarity.

When Luna was done, we're led back to the locker room and retrieve our items. I remove my underwear as it is soaked with water, I'm sure I can feel Luna's eyes on my backside.

Clothed, armoured and geared back up, I call Tala over to me. We're all standing at the counter, Luna pays the bill of eighty bits and we both say goodbye.

We were there for a good two hours and a half it seems. Well that wasn't so bad, dunno why I got a bad feeling from it.

Luna says the time is nearing five and so we both head over to the school house, I arrive to see a few colts and fillies leaving the building.

Moonbeam walks up to me and looks up with a hurt expression, one of her eyes is bruised. My anger rises instantly. "Who did that to you," I demand, she sniffs back tears and points to the school. "Diamond Tiara hit me saying I cheated in getting my cutie-mark, she said I only got it due to the monsters magic." Without saying another word, I pick up Moonbeam, heal her eye and storm into the schoolhouse ignoring Luna's protests.

I see Diamond Tiara sitting at a desk with a frown, she turns her head to me and instantly starts to tremble, my expression of rage at her is making her start to whimper.

Cheerilee notices my expression and instantly gets in between me and Diamond Tiara. "Don't you dare do anything to her," she tells me in a stern tone, I push past her and glare at the filly, she looks like she's about to have a heart attack.

I take her tiara from her head and with a firm grip, crush the tacky diamond encrusted head wear in my hand. The filly screams and faints, I look back at Cheerilee and vent out my anger with a snort.

"I'd say that makes us even." I turn back and see Luna at the door, my anger instantly fades as I leave with her.

"Thank you for not doing anything rash," Luna says.

I sigh. "She deserved a good spanking, but to be honest, I don't hit children, but I think she took the loss of her shiny headwear as if her world ended all the same," I reply with a smirk.

"Well then, first thing I'm teaching you next is a lightning spell, next time you get hit, just give em a good zap," I tell Moonbeam and I get a faint smile from her, I put her down and look her in the eye.

"I've got some news for you, we're going back to live in the Castle today," I tell Moonbeam.

She looks more confused than sad. "Why?" she asks.

"I'll be joining the Canterlot Elite Forces instead now," I reply.

"Oh, okay." Well... That was unexpected.

"And you're just alright with this?" I ask confused.

"Uh huh. Besides the Cutie Mark Crusaders, nopony else wanted to be my friends." She looks down with a frown. "They called you a monster and stayed away from me."

I sigh. "Then don't worry, we'll be in a more friendlier place by the end of the day." She looks up at me and I smile to her.

Tala now makes herself known and walks up to Moonbeam, I watch as Moonbeam gasps and steps back a bit, Tala is now sitting in front of her and is wagging her tail. They’re both nearly the same height and size.

Moonbeam lifts a hoof slowly and scratches under Tala's chin. In response, the little pups left hind leg starts tapping the floor causing Moonbeam to giggle.

"Moonbeam, this is Tala, she'll be with us from now on," I tell her. Tala licks Moonbeams face making her giggle more, I smile and start walking down the path and they follow me.

We make it back to town and head to Sugarcube Corner, the place is empty apart from Mrs. Cake at the counter.

"Good afternoon deary. Oh, Princess, it's a pleasure having you here." she greets us with a smile.

Luna returns the smile. "Thank you."

"So what can I get you today?" Mrs. Cake asks us.

I give her a sad smile. "I've just stopped by to say goodbye, I'll be heading back to the castle today," I tell her.

"Oh, well then, please take these with you." She puts three blueberry muffins on the counter.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Very sure, also thank you for dealing with those timberwolves, they've been stalking the town for a good few weeks now I've heard," she tells me.

I smile and nodded. We say goodbye as each of us take a muffin and start eating them.

Once outside and muffins eaten, I turn to Luna. "So, how are we getting to Canterlot?" I ask her.

"I can teleport us there," she replies.

I've used portals before, they always made me feel nauseous. With a grim expression, I agree.

"WAIT!" I hear someone call out, I look to my right to see Honour running over to us.

He's breathing heavily, looks like he ran for quite a bit. "Nightwing told me the news, though I should be mad at you for changing your mind so quickly... but thanks to you once again, I'm moving to the Elite Forces!" He says with a smile, he has a saddlebag strapped to himself.

"So I take it you're coming with us right now then?" I ask.

He just nodded, he looks down and spots Tala. "Why is a timberwolf following you?" he asks.

I kneel down and scratch Tala behind the ear. "Timberwolves attacked the town so I killed them, by doing so, Tala here sees me as her new alpha," I tell him.

"Huh, why didn't I hear about this?" he mutters, I look at Luna and nodded, I remove my ring and wait.

Luna's horn glows and I'm blinded by a white light. A few seconds later, I can see again. We're all standing in the throne room, a few maids 'Eep' when we show up. I don't feel queasy and put my ring back on. I spot the unicorn maid Blueblood insulted, I give her a wave and a smile, she returns the gesture as Celestia walks over to us.

"Welcome back, Farengar,” she greets me, the magic book floating next to her. "What brings you here so soon?" she asks.

"I've decided to join the Canterlot Elite Forces with Honour here." I pat him on the back, he just smiles and shakes his head.

"Oh! Well, that is good news, you've already proven you're more than skilled and reliable enough to join," she praises. Luna just smiles and leans against me, Celestia's eyes widen as she notices the gesture. "Farengar, may I have a word with you in private?" she asks in a neutral tone.

Seems like Luna picks up on her tone. "What's the matter, sister?" she asks in a slightly worried tone.

"Nothing, I just wish to discuss a spell in the book with Farengar," Celestia replies.

I look at Luna with a smile and nodded, she seems to calm down as I follow Celestia into a side room, there's a desk with some bookshelves and cabinets.

"So, Luna has finally made her move," she says with a hint of worry.

"Luna has never been in love her whole life as most ponies either ignored her or avoided her, but then you arrive and showed her compassion and understanding... Now I won't stand in between you two, but be warned, you hurt her or break her heart." Her eyes narrow at me. "You'll answer to me, understood?" she says sternly.

I show no signs of intimidation and remove my helmet. "You have nothing to worry about, I'll protect her with my life," I reply with a determined expression.

She seems to relax with that. "Good, now I really did need to talk to you about a spell." She flips the book open to a warding spell. "I think I can combine this spell with one of our shield spells, but I'm having difficulty casting it properly, I can't seem to combine them at the same time." She looks from the book to me. "Would you be able to cast it while I combine it with a shield spell?" she asks me.

I walk over to her and look at the book. I read the instructions and practice for a good hour, during that time Luna walks in and sits next to me, watching me practice. She even started trying the spell with greater success. After the practice, I'm low on magicka but can now generate a ward that covers half my body.

"Though it's not enough for what I require, it's a start." Celestia then looks at Luna. "But it seems Luna has it down." I look at Luna and see a complete ward all around her like a bubble, I smile and congratulate her, she blushes and kisses my cheek.

"So I take it you could combine the shield and ward with Luna instead then?" I ask.

"It would seem so, we will still need to practice and do some calculations, but I'm confident we can add a barrier to prevent these daedra from entering the Dreamscape again."

I nodded and was about to leave when Celestia says my name. "Farengar, there's also one more thing." She opens the desk and pulls out a gold amulet with a ruby in it. "We managed to transfer the soul of the unicorn to this amulet," she tells me and levitates it over to me. I take it and look at it, I can see a white light like mist swirl within.

"Just put it on and you'll be able to communicate with her." I do so and a voice is heard within my mind.

"After so many years, we finally meet. My name is Solnara. Julianos, the Divine of Wisdom and Logic, has tasked me with aiding you in the dangers that are to come." I hear her sigh. "But, when I lost my body, I have also lost my ability to cast spells, all I can offer is a gift, aid in battle, and help you travel now," she says.

"I'd like to talk to you face to face, how do I summon you?" I ask.

"Grip the amulet and call out my name," she tells me.

I grip the amulet and call out her name. "Solnara!" A light blueish white mist starts to form into a ghostly form of a unicorn. She resembles Celestia when she was changed by Sheogorath in the dreamscape, just with thinner legs, a long spiraled horn, a longer muzzle, and smaller eyes.

Solnara opens her eyes, her eyes are a light blue, her coat a pure white as well as her mane and tail, she then walks over to me. "I am told you provided the ruby that allowed me to escape my prison," she says in a detached sounding voice, her lips don't even move.

I nodded.

She gives me a small bow of her head. "Thank you, I was afraid I would have been trapped in there forever." She takes a deep inhale of air. "It's nice to be free again... to some extent." She laughs a little.

"Now I have gift to give you," she says and leans her head down as her horn touches my forehead.

My eyes open wide as I can feel my magicka fill and expand beyond its limits, I hear Luna and Celestia gasp as I continue to feel my magicka increase.