• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,115 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,115

Chapter 21

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 21

I went left last time so I decide to try the right door this time, I open the door and enter an indoor forest.

"...Beautiful..." Luna says as I look around. There's tall trees, multiple colours of flowers, bushes, mushrooms of different sizes and seating along a long path down the middle, I can't even see the end.

"I can't see the end," Luna states.

"Hmmmm." I look left and right, there's nothing but plants and foliage.

I was about to start walking when Celestia fades in.

"Luna? Where are you?" She sounds panicky as she looks around, she spots me and her jaw drops. "Luna?" she asks.

"Not quite," I reply.

"Farengar? Why are you wearing armour in my sister's colours?" she questions with a frown.

"The armour is Luna," I tell her.

Her eyes fly wide open as she looks at the armour. "Luna, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me," Luna says, but it's only in my mind.

"Yes it is, but she can’t talk. I can hear her in my mind though." Celestia was about to say something but Sheogorath appears with a flash.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" He starts walking around Celestia and pokes her a few times.

Celestia, to her credit, just stands there keeping an eye on him. She 'Eeps' when he pokes her flank with the cane though.

"First we have Miss. Moonbutt and now Miss. Sunbutt. Tell me dear, why are you here?" he asks in a cheery mood.

"My name is Princess Celestia, Princess of the Sun, I'm here to find my sister, now tell me why you're here," she demands.

"A pleasure, Celly. I am Sheogorath, Prince of Madness! And I'm here for a vacation!" he exclaims as his cane is thrown up into the air. "I heard this was a lovely place where dreams can come true, HA! Quite literally!" he says as he holds his left arm out and catches the cane without looking.

"What have you done to my sister?!" Celestia asks with a stern tone.

"Oh, she's just helping the banshee boy here," he says as he points his cane at me. "Would you like to help them as well? That's a long path, would take em awhile to traverse it." He swings his cane to point down the path.

Celestia looks down the path then back to Sheogorath. "No, we're leaving." Her horn glows but nothing happens, her eyes widen as she figures it out.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice in the matter hot stuff," Sheogorath says. He points his cane at Celestia and a bright flash blinds me. After it dies down, I look at Celestia.

She's grown in size to that of a Skyrim horse, her wings and horn are also gone. She's wearing a saddle, bridle with a bit, stirrups, and reins.

Her face flushes as she looks herself over, she looks at Sheogorath with a look that could kill and tries to talk, but only a whinny comes out, she raises a hoof to her mouth and her eyes widen.

"Alright my boy, there's your mount!" Celestia blushes at that comment. "So hop to it and do get a move on! I'M GETTING BORED!" he yells at the end and disappears.

"Oh my..." Luna says.

"I'm sorry Celestia, but we have to complete this challenge if we want to leave, will you allow me to ride you?" I ask, she blushes harder and whinnies, she looks down and sighs, with a nod she kneels down and I climb on her back.

With no effort at all she starts running down the path, the sword suddenly turns into a bow without a quiver.

Without warning, Imps start flying out of the trees, I pull back the string and an arrow of moonlight forms.

I fire at an imp and the arrow hits it in the chest making it burst into flames and then into ash, I continue this as Celestia runs while dodging lightning and fire bolts.

Celestia takes a hit in the neck and cries out in pain but continues to run, I shoot down the last imp and place my hand on the wound and start healing it, her speed picks up as the wound closes.

More imps pop out along with cliff racers, I hear snarls and look back, a pack of werewolves are chasing us.

"WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS!" Luna yells in fright.

"Werewolves, if you get bitten or scratched by them you'll become one as well." I'm sure if I could see her face, she would have a look of horror.

"CELESTIA! RUN FASTER!" I yell, she looks back and her eyes widen. She picks up speed as I shoot down the flying pests.

I want to shout at the wolves but the helmet is covering my mouth. As if it knew what I wanted, the mouth guard slides back splitting at the middle, I smile now that I can attack.

I spin around so I'm riding on Celestia backwards facing our pursuers. I take a deep breath and call forth the energy, I hear Luna gasp as I release it. "fus RO DAH!" I yell, sending a force of blue energy at the wolves. When it impacts, they stop instantly and are sent flying back.

With that dealt with, I turn back just in time to panic and grip Celestia's neck as she jumps over a crevice cutting through the path.

The face guard then slides back to its original position. "Such power... and to think this is the strength of the ancient dragons," Luna says in a stunned tone.

"There are those in my world called the Greybeards, they've learnt how to use the voice of dragons over years of training," I reply, my attention is suddenly brought to Celestia as she cries out in alarm, a large ogre steps out and blocks the path. The ogre grabs Celestia by the throat before she could stop and I fall off.

The ogre was about to slam Celestia into the ground when Luna screams out in rage and panic. "NOOOOO! TIA!" The horn on the helmet sparks to life as a bolt of lightning bursts forth and pierces the ogre's arm cutting the limb off at the elbow, I feel a large amount of my magicka drain away.

The ogre roars in pain and rage. Before it could recover, I flap my wings with my sword raised above my head, charging at the beast. When I'm in striking distance, I swing the sword down burying half the blade into its skull. It roars again and bashes me with its left arm as it falls dead to the ground.

I hit a tree trunk as Luna and I grunt from the impact."Farengar! Get up! Check on Tia, please!" she pleas to me, I can hear the worry and fear in her voice. I stand up and make my way over to Celestia, she has a nasty bruise on her neck.

Placing both hands on her neck I heal the wound, my magicka feels very low, maybe Luna's attack took my magicka instead of hers.

Celestia's eyes open as she groans in pain. After a minute of healing, she stands up and cracks her stiff neck, she smiles at me and neighs, she then sighs at not being able to talk and kneels down again, I climb back on after retrieving the sword.

The sword turns into a bow again as we make our way back down the path with more imps and cliff racers attacking us. After seven minutes, the end is in sight, but a frost atronach is blocking the doorway.

"Farengar, what is that?" Luna asks.

"It's a frost atronach, a daedric construct," I say aloud so Celestia can listen as well.

I hop off Celestia and the bow turns back into a sword, the frozen giant just watches me.

I look at Celestia. "Stand back, these things can hit hard," I tell her.

She tries to protest, but I remind her she can't use her magic. I turn back to the Atronach and walk towards it, the construct raises its arms ready to strike. I rush forward and jump to the right as it brings its arms down, I swing my sword and chip its left hip. "COLD!" Luna cries out as the sword seems to get a small coating of ice.

I wipe off the ice and jump back narrowly missing being hit by its arm.

"I'll blast the beast again!" Luna says.

"No! Your last bolt drained a lot of my magicka, I barely have any left," I tell her.

I run to the left of the giant and pick up a thick branch off the floor, I throw it at the creature and it shatters the branch with its arm.

'I wish I learned a fire spell.' I think to myself, my sword’s blade then suddenly bursts into flames. Luna screams, but calms down when she notices the fire isn't hurting her.

I smile and rush the Atronach, I swing the sword at its left leg, the blade cuts like a knife through butter, melting through the ice.

The frozen giant loses its balance and falls down. The moment it is down, I thrust the sword through its head, melting a hole through it.

The sword’s flames disperse and the door opens up, I look to the right and see a chest under a bench, I open it with the lockpick to find a magicka potion, along with a health potion which I drink, I wave Celestia over and give her one of the other health potions just in case. We both then go through the door.

We're both outside, I see a large platform with something curled up on top of it, there's an ocean behind it with a boat.

The thing on the platform moves and stands up, my eyes go wide and Luna gasps.

It's a dragon, a large reddish black dragon, it looks over at me with angry eyes.

"So you're the ones I have to kill to leave this place," he says at me, "Forgive me for... " He stops as his eyes go wide. "Dovahkiin," he whispers in surprise.

"This dragon is old, very old," Luna says.

"Why are you here?" I ask him.

"The Prince of Madness brought me here against my will," he replies. "He said if I wished to leave, I would have to kill three beings on their way here." He starts walking towards us and sits five metres away. He's about twenty-five feet tall with large wings, claws and fangs.

"But never in my years of living would I have thought the Dovahkiin would be here." He leans his head down in front of me. "What is your name?" he asks.

"Farengar Battle-Blade," I reply.

"And her?" he asks pointing to Celestia.

"She's Princess Celestia and the armour I'm wearing is Princess Luna."

"The Princesses of Equestria?" He bows to them and then looks at me. "My name is Odahviing, tell me Dovahkiin, why are you here in Equis?"

"Akatosh told me Alduin has returned and that I'll be the one to stop him," I tell him.

His eyes widen at the mention of Alduin. "Alduin has returned?" He hums in thought and looks up to the sky. "It was because of him that most of us had to leave Tamriel, it was his actions that branded our race as monsters," he says.

He sighs and looks back at me. "You may pass, but know this. Should you find yourself in grave danger, you may call upon me once a week as it will take that long to gather the energy for me to do it again." He turns back to the platform and breaths fire all over the surface. "All I ask in return is that you find a way to free me of this place."

I look at the surface and see some words burnt into it. "Od... Ah... Viing." As soon as I say that, an energy flows from the words into my body. Once it was done, I now have the knowledge to summon the ancient dragon.

"Thank you, I promise to find a way to free you," I tell him. He smiles, but frowns when he looks behind me, I turn to see Sheogorath with a rather angry expression.

"What do you think your doing, Ody? You're supposed to kill them, not befriend them," he says in a rather menacing tone.

"GO DOVAHKIIN! I WILL HOLD HIM BACK! GO!" Odahviing yells at me.

"Luna! Quickly, fire a bolt of lightning at Sheogorath!" I tell her.

She does as I ask. The helmet's horn sparks and fires at Sheogorath, hitting him in the face. Odahviing whips him with his tail as I climb onto Celestia and she then runs to the boat. I hear Odahviing roar in pain as we reach the boat.

"I wouldn’t go if I were you boy!" I hear Sheogorath yell along with a woman screaming in pain. I instantly stop Celestia and turn around, in Sheogorath's grip is the soul of Maren.

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME JUST GO! FORGET ABOUT ME AND MOVE ON!" she shouts at me struggling in the daedric prince’s grip.

"Ah ah ah, don't give him any ideas now," the Mad God says and then looks at me. "I was going to use her as a means of keeping you in line, but with that little lightning bolt stunt I don't think I'll play nice anymore," he tells me, my eyes widen as he squeezes his hand around her neck while looking at me, causing her to scream as she turns into a mist of blue light and fades away.

"MAREN!" I scream as Sheogorath laughs malevolently, rage and hate fills me as I stare at the mad god.

"This is what happens when you don't play by my rules boy," he says in a dark tone with an angry expression.

Before I could reply, Celestia grabs me and pulls me onto the boat, my vision fades as we leave the Dreamscape.

End Dreamscape

I awaken with a gasp. "MAREN!" I cry out, moments later Luna and Celestia appear in my room with a flash.

"Farengar!" Luna says as she hugs me.

I return the hug, tears falling down my face. After a few minutes, I calm down and speak up. "So, I take it the Dreamscape is now off limits?" I ask in a depressed tone.

Luna looks sad as Celestia sighs. "I'm afraid so, never in our lifetimes has anything entered the Dreamscape without our permission before," she says looking down in thought.

"So what now? If we go back there, there's a high probability that Sheogorath will catch us and do rather unspeakable things to us," I ask and tell them.

"For now, we'll have to stay out of there until we can set up wards and barriers to repel him. I'd like to look in your book for any spells that might help," Celestia asks as Luna is still hugging me, softly crying on my shoulder. I can't blame her, her one place where she can help others has been taken away from her.

"It's in the closet over there." I point to said closet.

"Thank you, I'll return the book as soon as I can, and I'm sorry about Maren, we will find a way to bring him to justice," she replies in a serious tone, I nodded as my tears still flow.

Celestia gets the book and teleports away while Luna remains behind. "I'm sorry. Is... Is Maren gone? Or can she be saved?" she asks.

I close my eyes tightly. "No, he... He destroyed her soul." I hold my tears back as a look of anger and hate forms on my face. "But I swear, I'll make him regret it. God or not, he will pay!" I say. We both stay like this for a few more minutes.

Luna looks up at me. "If you need anything, I'll be there for you." she says sincerely as she leans forward and kisses me on the lips. My eyes fly wide open as hers closes. I don't know what to do, after a few seconds she pulls back and rests her head on my chest.

Twilight's words come to mind. 'Well you better make your decision soon, your lack of interest might seem like rejection to her'. Maren is gone now, she won't be waiting for me anymore. I still love her but she wanted me to move on. I have to admit, I've started having feelings for Luna as well.

I shed a tear and bid Maren farewell, I'll never forget her. I look down to Luna who's still lying against my chest, I cup her cheek in my hand and look in her eyes, I can see the love and care she has for me as she gazes into mine. After a few seconds of staring at each other, I lean forward and kiss her back.

She gasps and closes her eyes and pushes back, I break the kiss and she snuggles into me with a smile of pure joy. We both lie down and fall into a dreamless sleep.

I awaken with a still sleeping Luna next to me, tightly holding onto me. I hear the door open and a shocked looking Moonbeam just stares at us as her jaw drops.

I turn back to Luna and lightly shake her, she slowly awakens and blinks a few times. She looks around then up at me, a smile forms on her lips as she nuzzles me, I can't help but smile at the affection.

"Does this make her my mommy now?" Moonbeam asks confused, Luna blushes as I chuckle.

"Maybe, well let's go get some breakfast shall we?" I reply. Luna still smiling nodded and we get up, we all go through a morning routine and take turns using the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later, we're all in the kitchen as surprisingly, Luna is cooking breakfast.

She's humming while using her magic to levitate a spatula as she makes pancakes, how she knows how to cook I'm not sure, so I ask.

"The kitchen staff at the castle does not stay up so late, so I've taught myself to cook," she replies and continues to hum.

A few minutes later, We're each served three blueberry pancakes with syrup, Moonbeam digs in with a dopey smile. I take a bite while Luna watches my expression.

I smile and close my eyes, these taste absolutely delicious. "Best breakfast I've ever had," I reply as Luna smiles widely and eats her own.

After it's all eaten and cleaned up, we all get ready for the day. Luna prepares a lunch for Moonbeam then says she'll be right back and teleports away as Moonbeam gets her school stuff ready.

I've put my armour on along with my ring, sword, and bow. After that's done, I get a pouch filled with two-hundred bits.

We're both in the living room as Luna reappears behind me, I turn to her and she kisses me through the gap of my helmet, Moonbeam just giggles.

"I can stay with you for the day while Tia looks through your book," she says and leans against me, I smile and head for the door letting them both out first.

After locking up the house I walk Moonbeam to school, I hear gasps and whispers as ponies move away from me.

"Is that the princess?" "Why is she with the monster?" "I don't know." "Are they together?" "What is she thinking? That thing's a killer!" It seems Luna can also hear them as a slight frown forms on her face.

I just ignore them as we walk through town, I make it to the schoolhouse where Cheerilee is waiting at the door, she spots us and smiles.

"Good morning, Farengar, Princess," she says with a bow, Moonbeam hugs my leg and says bye as she heads into the school.

"Morning, Cheerilee. Any word on Twist yet?" I ask.

"Yes, she'll be released tomorrow, but she won’t be back in school for a few more days," she says with a smile.

I also smile, happy to know she's doing well.

Luna leans against my shoulder with a smile, Cheerilee looks at this confused before her eyes widen and a smile creeps onto her face.

"Farengar, are you courting the Princess?" she asks in a sly tone.

Luna looks up at me with an expectant look, I look back at her and smile. "I guess I am," I say and we share a quick kiss.

Cheerilee squeals and congratulates us both, we bid goodbye to her, but before we leave, I spot Diamond Tiara once again glaring at me, I shake my head at her and leave with Luna.

We're walking along the path to the Town Hall and I ask Luna a question. "Luna, what do you see in me?"

She looks me in the eyes. "You're one of the first to treat me as an equal besides Tia, you're not afraid of me like everypony else, someponies still call me Nightmare Moon. You're also one of the few to tell me my night is beautiful," she replies as she leans against me. "What do you see in me?" she asks back.

"I see someone who's strong, brave, kind and willing to help others even if they don't acknowledge her in return, I see someone who wants to be loved," I reply.

She hums contently as we walk on, ignoring more comments and whispers. We arrive at the Town Hall and enter the door, Skybloom looks up and her eyes widen as her pupils shrink. "Nightmare Moon." I hear her whimper as she faints.

Luna looks sad, I place my hand on her shoulder and smile, I head over to Nightwing's door and knock on it.

The door opens as Nightwing stands there, he looks from me to Luna and bows to her. "Greetings, Princess. What do I owe the honour of your visit?" he inquires.

"I'm spending the day with Farengar," she replies.

"Very well, please come in. We have reviewed your results and have come to a decision," he says.

I step in and sit down with Luna next to me.

Nightwing sits behind his desk. "Here's what we decided," he says as he pushes a sheet of paper to me.