• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,120 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,120

Chapter 19

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 19

I launch into the air faster than I wanted to, I already zoom past Dash and almost at the clouds.

"TALOS PRESERVE ME! TOO HIGH!" I yell as Dash gets further and further away, I panic and grab the first thing I see.

It's white and fluffy, a cloud, right now I don't care that I'm holding onto a cloud. If it's stopping me from falling that's good enough for me.

Dash then makes it up to me. "DUDE! That was awesome! You went off like a firework!" she says. I just stare down with wide eyes, I think I'm as high as the Throat of the World in Skyrim.

"HOW DO I GET DOWN?" I yell at her.

She's just laughing at me, I then glare at her and she stops. "Okay okay, just do what I do. Open your wings wide and glide down like this." She spreads her wings and glides away. I frown, look down and take a deep breath. I let go and open my wings.

The wind catches me and I wobble slightly, but I manage to level out and start gliding down slowly. I feel something odd with my magicka, it feels like it's very slowly being drained, I'll figure it out later.

Dash levels off next to me. "That's it just relax, feel the wind blow through your wings!" she says. She does a roll and then dives down.

I watch as she does flips, turns and other manoeuvres. Since I wasn't paying attention to where I'm going, I collide with another cloud and sink into it.

I hear a soft thump above me and muffled laughing. "BWAHAHAHAHAA. Oh, you should see yourself! Priceless!" I hear another thump, I guess she fell over laughing her ass off at me.

Digging my way through, I pop my head out of the cloud. She's near the edge with her eyes closed and still laughing, I go back down and sneak up on her. Once she's above me, I pop my head back out with a loud "BOO!" Her eyes look at me with shock as she yelps and rolls back off the cloud.

I climb out of the cloud, after a few seconds, she's back up and glaring at me, now it's my turn to laugh as she lands.

"You should've seen the look on your face," I repeat what she said. "priceless."

She just frowns at me. "Yeah yeah, laugh it up, it won't happen again!" She starts walking over to me. "Now back to flying, c'mon, we still have a ways to go yet." She passes me and leaps off. I spread my wings and follow her.

I'm sure I've been flying well over a minute now, yet my wings are still working, I'm going to have to ask Twilight or Luna why. I can still feel my magicka slowly drain but it's not a lot. I notice the gem on my chest plate flickering like it's losing power then recharging at the same time.

About a minute later, I'm just about to touch down when a sudden gust blows past me, I lose my balance and slam into the ground.

"Argh," I groan as I sit up. I swear I can see little Rainbow Dash's flying around my head.

"Farengar! You alright?" Rainbow asks with worry in her voice.

I then look at her, my vision slightly blurry. "I will be when you three stop spinning." I shake my head and stand up. My vision returns to normal as the three Dash's mould into one.

"That looked like a nasty crash, you sure you're fine?" she asks again.

"Yes I'm good, a bit sore but otherwise fine." I stretch and shake my limbs.

"Well for a beginner that was pretty good, besides the landing," she says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and crack my stiff neck, this makes Dash cringe slightly. "Dude, you sure you're alright? That sounded like it hurt." I chuckle and pat her head.

"I'm fine. So, shall we keep going? Seems like my wings are still good to go," I tell her. She grins and we continue to practice.

It's been an hour now and my wings are still working, but my magicka feels like it's half drained.

I land, slightly panting. Dash lands next to me not even winded. "C'mon, that can't be all you got!" she says. I just shake my head.

"I'm getting tired, I think flying drains my magicka," I tell her and walk over to a tree and sit against it. Dash joins me to my left.

I remove my helmet and place it by my right hip. "What time is it?" I ask.

Dash is leaning against my left arm as she looks up at the sun. "It's about one in the afternoon, why?" she replies.

"Hmmmm, want to get lunch? My treat for teaching me how to fly." She instantly stands up and nodded. "Sure! Where to?"

I stand up, put my helmet back on, and head towards town. "Sugarcube Corner," I say as we walk into town.

Ponies still move away from me, but look a bit less scared with Rainbow next to me.

We both arrive at Sugarcube Corner and enter, I see Mrs. Cake bringing out a tray and Pinkie behind the counter.

I smile and nodded to Mrs. Cake and she smiles back before entering the back room.

Pinkie sees us and smiles way too wide to be physically possible. "Heya, Dashie! Hi, Farengar! Oooooo you look scary wearing all that stuff! What brings you here? Are you hungry?" she asks.

"Yup, and since the big guys paying, I'll have a Cupcake, a strawberry milkshake, and some cookies!" Rainbow says. I chuckle.

"What drinks do you have?" I ask.

"Oh we got milk, milkshakes, juices, water, slushies, and sodas!" she replies in a sing song tone.

"What's a soda?" I ask confused.

"Oh, wait right there." And off she goes only to return a second later with a bottle in her hooves, no really, she was only gone for a whole second.

"Try this!" she says as she pops off the cap on it and puts it on the counter.

I shrug and take the bottle. I take a gulp of it and feel it fizzing on my tongue and the back of my throat making me wince at the strange feeling, I can also taste cherries.

"*cough* Well that felt strange. *cough* Is it meant to be fizzy like that?" I ask as Dash snickers next to me.

"Yeseroony, do ya like it?" I look inside the bottle and see little bubbles floating and popping in it.

I then take another swig of it. "It's not bad, still not as good as mead though," I reply and down the rest, I then put the bottle on the counter once I drank it all. "Well since I just had a drink add a cupcake and some of those cookies to it as well."

She nodded and goes to get our orders, Dash and I sit at a table and wait.

"So, what's with the wings?" she asks.

"Remember? I told you yesterday that the armour was enchanted to give wings to those that don't have them."

"Oh yeah, well they look really cool, they look more like dragon wings than Luna's bat wing guards actually."

I open the left wing and have a look. It's true, I also notice something else, Arcane said they'd be transparent, but they look solid, I'll have to remind myself to ask Luna or Twilight later.

I was about to reply, but Pinkie shows up with a tray of food, she hands...or hooves, Rainbow her drink, cupcake and cookies, I'm starting to get used to these pony terms, she then hoofs me my food.

"Enjoy! Let me know when you're done!" she says and once again hops away.

"Oh man I love these cupcakes!" Rainbow says as she stuffs half of it into her mouth, I chuckle as I take a bite out of a cookie.

Crunchy, very crunchy, tastes good though. I finish it off and hear slurping coming from Dash as she drinks through the straw.

Rainbow sighs as she finishes off her lunch. "That hit the spot," she says with a grin on her face.

I chuckle as we head for the counter. "Pinkie!" I call out, she pokes her head out from behind the counter, I'm sure she was not there a second ago.

"Yeah? Oh you finished already? Alrighty then, that'll be twenty-five bits please." I place said bits on the counter and she scoops them up.

"Thanks! See ya later! Oh, and Dashie, don't forget you promised to help me tonight!" Pinkie says with a toothy smile.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there," Rainbow replies. we say goodbye and leave.

That took half an hour, it's close to two pm now, my magicka has returned and I'm feeling great.

"Well as fun as this was I should get back to work," says Dash.

"Huh? You had work to do?" I ask.

"Yup, I'm the Weather Captain of Ponyville," she replies, I shrug and look up.

"Alright then, thanks for the lesson," I tell her. She smiles and flies off.

There's still a few clouds around so I decide to check one out properly now, spreading my wings I take flight for the nearest cloud, once again I can feel my magicka slowly drain.

I land on one with a soft thump and kneel down. Removing a gauntlet, I try to grab some, only for my hand to go right through it, I raise an eyebrow and try with my other hand with the gauntlet still on.

I manage to pick up a ball of fluff this time, I guess my armour is also enchanted to touch clouds, strange.

Replacing my gauntlet, I look down at the town over the edge of the cloud. I watch the ponies going about their day, I hear a noise to my left and turn to see something grey and yellow slam right into me.

It and I tumble off the cloud and onto another one. Once we stop moving, I see a pony’s head pop out with a dazed expression.

"Oops my bad!" I hear her say.

I stand up and help her out, she sits down with a smile on her face.

Her coat is a grey colour and she has a blonde mane and tail with bubbles for her mark. I remember asking this mare for directions before.

"Wow what are you mister? You look cool!" She says looking me over.

"I'm a nord, name's Farengar." I reply.

"I'm a pegasus, my name's Ditzy, nice to meet ya." Her golden coloured eyes change direction, never looking at the same thing at once.

"Same... You alright?" I ask, more concerned that her eyes are still not straight.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm great, but I have to get back to work, mail doesn't deliver itself!" she says and pats her saddlebags.

And with that she says bye and jumps off, I just stare at where she was and shrug, at least there's another pony not afraid of me.

I look up at the sun and notice it's close to three. I fly home and remove my armour and bow, but keep my sword as Luna suggested. After that, I head out to the Town Hall and see Honour by the door.

"Hey, Farengar. About time you showed up, was starting to think you forgot!" he says. I chuckle as I walk over to him.

"Had to take my armour off, but I'm ready to go." He notices I still have my sword.

"Then why do you still have your sword on you?" he asks.

"Luna suggested I keep it on me after the attack, she thinks I might be targeted again," I reply.

"Do you think they will?" he asks with a frown.

"Most likely, it has happened to me before," I tell him.

"Well then at least you have better armour this time, and possibly more spells too," he says and smiles.

"True, so anyway, where's the best place for a drink here?"

"Hmmm, that depends, what kind of drinks you looking for?"

"Nothing strong, I still have to pick up Moonbeam at five, I'll also be having a study session with Twilight and Luna."

He looks at me with a shocked expression. "Princess Luna's coming here?"

I nodded. "Yeah, tonight at around six to learn some of my magic. Why don't you come over and try as well? It's not pony magic so you might be able to learn it," I tell him. He gives me an unsure look.

"Alright, but I'm not getting my hopes up. As for drinks, I guess Tapper's Bar would do," he replies and starts walking off.

I agree and follow him, five minutes later we arrive at a small building with the words 'Tapper's Bar' above the door.

Honour enters and I follow in, there's a bar to the left with a white stallion with a light brown mane and tail with blue eyes cleaning mugs with a dishcloth.

To the right are tables and booths with some ponies sitting at them, some give me nasty looks.

I follow Honour to the bar and we both take a seat, the bartender looks over to us both. "What'll it be gents," he asks.

"Two ales please," Honour replies, the Bartender pours two mugs of ale and places them in front of us.

"Twenty bits," he says and we both place ten on the bar, he takes them and we take a drink from the mugs.

I then remember something I want to ask Honour. "I got a question for you." Honour looks at me with a raised brow.

"Yeah?" he replies and drinks his ale.

"Why did you transfer to Ponyville from the castle just to be my patrol partner?" I ask.

He places his mug on the counter and looks into it. "Not to offend Shining Armour, but you're more experienced in combat. He tends to be overconfident, you fight with all your focus and try to take down your foe as fast as you can." He then looks back at me. "I'd rather learn from you than from those who haven't seen much combat."

He sighs and looks back to his mug. "You're also the first one to actually show genuine concern for my well being. When I got to the barracks after the invasion, they just patched me up and left me there, you offered to help and asked how I was."

"To be honest, you're the first friend I've truly had." He smiles and downs the rest of his ale.

I down the rest of my drink as well. "Well I'm Honoured you think that about me, but don't you get smaller pay now?" I ask him.

He chuckles. "I'd rather be with a reliable partner and a friend than standing around not trusting anypony," he replies.

We then spend the next two hours just chatting and having another drink.

Honour tells me why he joined the guard. He thought he'd get to see some action, but instead was posted as a castle guard for the last five years, during that time, no one even tried to get to know him, he's chatted with the other guards but they just never liked him.

I tell him of my times adventuring across Tamriel, from the snow capped mountains of Skyrim, the ash covered lands of Morrowind, the sand dunes of Elsweyr, the forests of Valenwood and the white gold city of Cyrodiil.

"Yeah thanks, make me even more jealous of you," he chuckles,

I laugh as I finish off my drink and place the mug on the bar top.

"Well it’s been fun, but I got to go pick up Moonbeam from the schoolhouse," I tell him. I place three bits on the bar as a tip and the bartender nodded at me with a smile.

"Alright, I'll see you in an hour then," Honour says and downs the rest of his drink. We both stand up and leave.

Honour heads to the left while I go right. I arrive at the school and wait. The school bell rings and a few seconds later, the fillies and colts all rush out.

"Daddy!" I hear Moonbeam yell out to me, I kneel down and grab her in a hug.

"Hello, how was school today?" I ask. She smiles as the CMC walk up behind her.

"It was okay, we learned about griffins and other races," she replies.

"Hello, girls. Diamond Tiara give you any trouble today?" I ask them.

"Nope, which is strange, she usually calls us names and such, but didn't say a thing,” replies Scootaloo.

"Good," I say with a smile. We say our goodbyes to the fillies as they run off. I look at the school and see Diamond Tiara staring at me from the door.

I shake my head and walk to town. "Right, let's go get dinner shall we?" I say to Moonbeam.

"Okay!" she replies with a grin.

We go to the same place as before with Twilight and her friends, we sit at one of the tables and the waiter shows up.

"Your orders?" he asks.

Well at least he's not mad or scared of me. "Can we have lasagne?" Moonbeam asks.

I don't know what that is but why not. "Sure, two lasagnes, one apple juice and a glass of water please." He nodded and leaves.

Moonbeam starts humming a tune which sounds really nice. A while later, our food arrives.

"Bon appétit," the waiter says and then leaves.

I look at the food skeptically, Moonbeam just digs right in, I shrug and take a bite, not bad.

We both finish our meals, I call the waiter over and pay the bill of thirty bits. The time looks close to six so we both head back home, I carry Moonbeam on my left shoulder and she giggles as I make her bounce.

Upon arriving home, I see Twilight sitting by the front door, she sees me and smiles brightly, I can just see the eagerness in her eyes.

"You're early," I say.

"Sorry but I'm just excited to learn a new form of magic!" she says. I chuckle and levitate Moonbeam down, Twilight gasps.

"You can use the levitation spell now?" Twilight asks.

"So can Moonbeam." Twilight looks from me to Moonbeam and drops her jaw.

"What? Really? But... but it takes weeks of study to learn magic!" Her left eye twitches as some of her hair starts splitting off, I take a step back, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

"It took me a month just to learn levitation!.. And you're telling me it took her just a few days!?" She looks back at me, waiting for an answer.

"Actually, it was two hours," I tell her. I swear I heard a string snap as Twilight has a crazed grin and her pupils shrink to pinpricks.

"T-two hours?" Her voice even sounds a bit crazed. "What took me a month took her two hours? Hehe... hehehe... HAHAHAHAAHAHA... *inhales*" And with that, she falls to her side with a soft thud and passes out.

I look at Moonbeam with a raised eyebrow, I can't tell if she's worried, afraid, or confused.

"What just happened?" she asks as she looks up at me.

I shrug, pick up Twilight and enter the house. I place her on the couch and lean on the table.

Moonbeam pokes Twilight on her leg a few times. A knock at the door gets my attention so I walk to it and open the door to reveal Honour.

"Alright I'm here, I just hope I don't make an ass of myself trying this," he says as I let him in.

And before he even gets inside Luna appears in the middle of the room.

"Ah, Farengar. I'm not late am I?" Luna asks.

"No, you’re just in time, but we're going to have to wake Twilight up first," I reply.

Luna looks over at Twilight and immediately puts a hoof over her mouth trying not to laugh, Twilight’s mane is a mess, drool dribbling down her chin and her eyes rolled back.

I look at Twilight and grin. "I have an idea."