• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,097 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,097

Chapter 1

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 1

Ignoring the bright flash I rush forward and swing my sword down, but as I regain my sight, the necromancer I was attacking is gone, replaced by a white horse with a multicoloured flowing mane, a horn, wings and a really surprised expression on its large eyed face. I manage to pull my sword back an inch from its head and slide to a halt.

I blink a few times comprehending what just happened. I look right to see large stained glass windows and tapestries hanging on the walls, there's also smaller horses in golden armour looking at me with surprised expressions.

Turning to my left, I see a closed door and more tapestry's hanging depicting sun and moon patterns and a few more armoured horses, there are even a few with dusters, bow ties and dresses staring at me.

I turn my attention back to the white horse in front of me with my own surprised and confused expression. After a few seconds, a loud scream echoes throughout the room. I turn to the noise ready for anything.

I see a light brown horse with green hair staring at me with a look of terror before it bolts off down a hallway. The armoured ones start yelling in a language I can't understand and start charging at me.

I see this and decide to make a run for it, turning to the south side of the room and barging through the large double doors. I enter a large lobby like room, it looks grand but the details are lost to me as I'm busy running from these strange tiny horses.

I continue running to an open double door leading outside, but stop as a horned horse with a white coat and two-toned blue mane and tail stands in my way with ten other armoured horses.

It's giving me a glare with enough fire behind it to melt a frost atronach. I skid to a stop and turn left down another hallway, running past terrified unarmoured horses, a couple of them even fainted from the fear.

An armoured horse blocks my path and lunges at me, I dodge to the left and use the flat side of my sword and hit it in the back of the head. It drops the the floor unconscious.

I keep running until I came across a double door that was a dark blue colour with crescent moons on each door. I see shadowy figures along the walls on their way to me from the front and back. I have no choice but to go in.

I enter the room and close the doors. I look for a hiding place and notice a large round bed with a curtain around it at the centre rear of the room. A writing desk with papers, quills and an inkwell on it to the left. Next to it is a bookcase with many books on its shelves. To the right is a balcony, a wooden door and a large closet. The walls look like the night sky and the ceiling has stars and constellations on it. I hear the footsteps getting louder, so I head for the door to the right.

I make my way over there until a noise coming from the bed grabs my attention, I turn to the bed with slight panic. A dark blue glow encases the curtains and they're pulled away revealing a bedraggled dark blue horse with a horn, wings and a starry flowing mane and tail.

I freeze, unsure what to do. It blinks a few times looking around, until it spots me. It has an expressionless face as its stares at me dumbly, finally it gets a look of anger and instantly I panic.

I run to the door and enter it, closing it behind me. As I lock the door, I look around and notice that it’s a fancy restroom, but the bath looks bigger and the toilet looks a lot different.

I realize there's no way out of here and really start panicking. With no other option left, I raise my sword and stand at the back of the room, waiting for the door to open. After a few minutes, I hear talking and shuffling behind the door, I have no plan or idea on what I'm going to do.

I hear the door unlock and swing open slowly revealing a horned armoured horse as it stepped just inside the door with a few more behind it. We stare at each other for awhile, then its horn starts glowing and I feel a tingling sensation over my body, but other than that nothing happens. It has a confused look on its face as it looks to its right and its horn glows again, bringing a bottle over to it covered in the same colour as its horn.

I look at its horn, then to the bottle and understand what happened, it tried to restrain me with that glow but my ring negated it. I guess that the horned ones have a form of magic. I get into a battle ready stance. They saw this and backed up slowly, still keeping eye contact with me. They say something again, but I don't understand it. I attempt to talk to them as well.

"Where am I? Do you understand me? If so, back off or I will defend myself," I warn them as I tighten my grip on my sword, waiting for their reply. They stare at me in confusion, looks like they don't understand me as well. I sigh in frustration.

Another horse enters the room, it’s the white and blue one I saw at the exit still giving me a death glare. Not to be intimidated, I return the glare and bare my teeth.

The others cringe a bit seeing my canines and look at the white one, its still glaring unfazed. Its horn starts glowing and once again I felt that tingling sensation. I tense up, this one seems stronger than the last as it felt like I was getting a mild zap making my muscles stiffer, but other than that it was just uncomfortable.

I continue to watch the horse as its expression went from a glare, to angry frustration. After a minute of this, the dark blue one returned looking more presentable and was wearing a silver neck plate with a crescent moon on it, as well as a black tiara and silver shoes.

It just looks at me with confusion and a slight intrigue. Standing next to her is the tall white one I first saw, but it wore a look of worry at me.

I'm looking between them and the armoured ones. It saw this and said something that made the armoured ones gasp with a look of shock, but a stern stare from the tall white horse made them comply to its command and they stepped back out of the room. It then stepped forward slowly with a look of calm and friendliness.

I watch it cautiously. It was giving off an aura of calmness and non-hostility, I lower my sword slightly and it smiled at this. It then pointed one of its hooves at me and then pointed at itself then at the doorway. I think it wants me to follow it. I start thinking about what to do now that I have a minute to think as it waits for my reaction.

I look at it in the eyes and notice a feminine look to them, now that I'm calmer I can tell what gender they are more closely now. It appears the males have a longer muzzle and thicker looking body's than the females. I also notice they have markings on their flanks. At first I thought they were a form of branding, but they're actually coloured fur, maybe they're dyed?

I look back at the tall white one and decide to trust her for now. I slowly sheath my sword and make no sudden movements. Her smile gets bigger as she turns to leave and I hesitantly follow behind her. As I reach the door the other horses just stare at me, making me uncomfortable. The white and blue one is still glaring at me and I just glare back. The tall white one sees this, she looks at him sternly and he stops glaring.

She continues out of the room and I follow behind her. I notice the dark blue one following behind me with the armoured horses following behind her. I reach a room with two ornate looking benches with cushioning on the seat and back rest. They’re very wide and able to seat five people easy, there's also a fireplace and a desk with a cushion behind it instead of a chair.

The white one points to me then to one of the benches. I go over and sit on it, the dark blue one sits on the other bench while the white one sits behind the desk. She says something and again I don't know what she's saying, I shrug my shoulders and she sighs. She then levitates a roll of parchment and a quill and writes down something.

After she's done she floats it over to me. I take the parchment and look at the words 'Greetings, I am Princess Celestia, who might you be?' I just stare at it, they can write Cyrodilic!

I gesture for the quill and she floats it to me. I take it and write down. 'Greetings, Celestia. I am Farengar. If you would, can you tell me where I am?' I hand the parchment back and she reads it with a widening smile, the dark blue one gets up and sits beside Celestia and reads it wide eyed. Celestia writes something else and the blue one also writes something. They hand it back to me and I read it.

'You are in Equestria. May I ask what exactly are you, where you came from and how you appeared in the throne room?' Next to that was. 'Greetings to you, Farengar, I am Princess Luna, Princess Celestia's sister.'

I write my reply. 'Greetings to you as well, Luna. I am a nord from Tamriel. How I got here I'm not sure, I was fighting with a necromancer and then there was this bright light and well, you saw the rest.'

I hand her the parchment again and they read it with shocked expressions 'You were fighting a necromancer?' she replies.

'Yes, I was hired to find a tome in an old ruin. A necromancer took over the ruins creating an undead army within,' I answer.

I notice her mark and remembered the orb from the ruins, it has the same image as the orb. I decide to ask her. 'I just remembered, your mark looks exactly like the one I saw in an orb at the ruins. It was white and glowed like the sun,' she gasps and writes. 'You found the sun stone? that was stolen almost 800 years ago. We thought it was lost as we could not locate it,' Celestia replies.

Sun stone? I've never heard of one before, but I ask her other questions. 'What are you? You look like horses, but very different to the ones I know.' Luna looks a bit insulted while Celestia just kept smiling. 'Before we continue, would you be willing to allow me to perform a translation spell on you so you can speak Equestrian?' she asks.

I look at her for a few seconds then nodded. Her horn starts glowing, but nothing happens. She blinks a few times and tries again.

Still nothing is happening and I realise that I'm wearing my enchanted ring. I remove my gauntlet and then the ring. I gesture with a wave of my hand to try again.

Her horn glows again and the back of my head tingles. After a few seconds it stops, she smiles as I put the ring and gauntlet back on.

"That's an interesting ring you have there, so as to your question we are ponies. My sister and I are alicorns, there are also three other races; the earth ponies, the pegasi, and the unicorns. What about you? What races are there from where you come from?" she looks at me with intrigue.

I frown and think for a few seconds, slowly getting used to this new language I now know. "Well, as I said, I'm a nord. There are also the bretons, imperials, redguards, altmer, bosmer, dunmer, orcs, argonians and the khajiit," I explain slowly, the words foreign to me. I then give some details about each race as well.

Luna speaks up. "Can you use magic? I can feel a very faint magical field around you, though it feels very different to ours." Well at least I now know for sure they can use magic.

"I can use minor healing magic but nothing much. The altmer and bretons are better at magic than we nords are," I demonstrate by removing my left gauntlet and cut my hand making the two sisters cringe at the light slashing sound. I slowly heal the cut in thirty seconds.

"That's probably the best I can do since I don't have a lot of magicka so I can only heal small wounds and not for long," I tell them and they look at me confused.

"What is this 'magicka' you speak of?" Luna asks.

"Magicka is the magical energy that is used to cast spells. I'm not that knowledgeable about it, I only learnt basic healing for when I get injured in a fight," I tell her while opening a pouch and drink the last of my water. The princesses gasp in horror as I pull out the last of my salted beef. I look at them confused, then to the meat and realise that they're herbivores. Luna looks at me with a threatening glare while Celestia looks like she's trying to keep down her lunch. I place the beef back in the pouch.

"So you're a carnivore," Luna says still glaring at me. I pull a banana out of my pouch and start peeling it.

"Actually, I'm an omnivore. I can eat fruit, vegetables, and meat." I reply eating my piece of fruit. Her glare some what lessens but still looks unsure. Celestia finally recovers and asks me a question.

"Will it be a problem if you don't eat meat? I'm afraid we have no need to stock any," she asks me and starts to look worried about my answer.

"Not really no. I do need a source of protein though, will eggs and fish be alright? I can also go hunting if I need to." The sisters look at each other and sigh in relief.

"Yes, eggs and fish are acceptable, but I will not permit you to hunt as most creatures here are somewhat intelligent, also could you please tell me what animal that meat was from?" Celestia asks me.

I look at Celestia and say. "It's beef, from a cow." They both look horrified at my reply. Luna once again glares and I don't understand why.

"The bovine's here are a sapient race and I'll ask you not to hunt or eat them," Celestia says sternly. That shocks me, the cows here can talk? That's going to be awkward if I meet one of them.

"Don't worry princess, I don't eat intelligent beings as I considered that Immoral." Celestia smiles and Luna still looks uneasy. I look outside and see the sun setting, the two sisters follow my gaze and realise what time it is. Celestia then looks back at me.

"Well, this certainly has been an interesting day, but my sister and I have duties to perform, before we go though, we shall take you to a guest room you can stay in," Celestia says as they get up and ask me to follow them. As I leave the room only two of the armoured ponies remain, they follow me and the princesses down some hallways until we reach an ornate door.

"This is where you shall be staying for now. I hope you aren't offended by this, but these two will keep guard over your room while you're here. Until we can decide if your not a threat to us or our ponies, we must keep an eye on you. Will you be willing to relinquish your sword for now, until such a time that we deem you safe?" I look at her and then at my sword. Memories start filling my mind of when I first found the sword.

Flash Back: Three years five months ago

Me and two others are running down a hallway in an old Dwarven ruin called Raldbthar, being chased by automatons. All I have is some Iron Armour and an Iron Greatsword. The other two with me is a male altmer mage with a gnarled staff and worn faded robes, the other is a female redguard archer with a Steel Dagger, a Longbow and Leather Armour. I can't remember their names, but do remember why we were here.

The three of us were hired to clear out the ruins of anything hostile so the researchers could examine the place. As we're running, three tall automatons on what looked like bowl shaped wheels are giving chase behind us. Each of them has a hand on their left arm while their right has a built in crossbow. The mage managed to fire a bolt of lightning at the left one frying it as it collapsed on the floor.

The right one fired a bolt from its arm and hit the mage in the leg. He falls down in pain as the archer turns to fire an arrow at it. I turn around as well, charging the centre one and hit the side of its head with my sword. The impact makes my sword vibrate with a loud clanging sound, making my wrists sting but I knocked it over onto its side.

The Archer's arrow gets stuck in the right ones gears limiting its right arm's movement. I pick the mage up and keep moving down the hall as the right one pulls the arrow out and the other gets back up. We make it to a side room and hide as the automatons went past looking for us.

We finally have time to rest. The redguard pulls out the bolt while the mage starts to heal his wound. At this time I only just started to learn healing magic so I was no help there. As they were resting. I keep watch at the doorway in case they returned.

After ten minutes, the mage was healed and we moved on deeper into the ruins. As we enter what the researchers called the generator room, we're blasted by a jet of steam that burns our skin slightly. As we recover we turn to see a very large automaton twice our size as it stomps its way towards us.

I charge at it as the mage went left and the archer went right. I swing my sword at its knee, but only end up barely scratching it. The archer starts to shoot arrows at its joints to try and disable it like before with the smaller automatons that chased us, but it has more plates of armour protecting its joints and none of the shots could get through.

The mage shot off lightning bolts at the mechanical giant, all it did was grab its attention and charge at him. I thrust my sword into its right elbow joint. My sword snaps as it gets lodged into the joint making it useless. The automaton turns and slams me with the side of its left arm, sending me flying into a wall and falling onto a bunch of scrap metal.

The automaton returns its gaze to the mage as he starts casting frost magic on its legs slowing it down. The archer pulls out her dagger and jumps on its back wedging the blade into its neck.

I shake my head, feeling a bit dizzy. Good thing I have a helmet on, which now has a nasty dent in it. I look up to see the fight raging on, I then feel something under my hand. I look down to see the hilt of a sword. I pull it out of the junk pile and stare at its craftsmanship.

Old it may be but sharp it still is from the moment of its creation. I grip the sword with both hands and rush back into the fight. The archer loses her grip and is flung across the room slamming on the floor with what sounded like a bone snapping. The mage then fires a fireball at the giant’s head causing it to arch back from the explosive force.

As it leans back, I see a gap in the armour plating above its waist. I thrust the sword up in the gap and impale a large red gem in its chest. The automaton jerks slightly as I remove the sword and it falls defeated.

The mage and I rush over to the archer to check on her. Her arm is broken and pointing the wrong way, but she'll live. The mage powers down the generator, disabling all the other automatons. We all leave the ruin and get healed, while laying in bed I hold up my new sword as it shines from its sharp edges. I smile knowing this sword will protect me for years to come.

End Flash back

After a good few minutes of thought, I draw the blade and look at it. The guards stare at me, ready for any sudden movements I might make. I look at Celestia with a slightly sad expression.

"Will I get it back later? This sword has been through a lot with me. Its protected me and others and I've never been parted with it," I reply with a tight grip on my sword. Celestia smiles and places a wing over my shoulders.

"You have my word that when we deem you not a threat, it will be returned to you. For now it will stay in my personal vault until then." I look in her eyes and see she's telling the truth. With one final look at the sword, I hold it out and she floats it beside herself. They bid me a goodnight as they head down the hall. My eyes not leaving sight of my sword until they turn the corner. With a sigh, I enter the room slightly depressed.

Looking around, I see a bed big enough for me and a closet to the right. A dresser, bookshelf and a writing desk to the left. I walk over to the window in the centre of the back wall and look outside. The sun is setting, the moon is rising and ponies walking around in the city below. I turn to the bed and strip out of my armour and place it in the closet. After that's done, I lay down on the bed, tired from the battle at the ruins and the drama with the ponies. I fall asleep with worry at what the future might hold.

Author's Note:

Well Chapter 1 is done and ready so here's the start of the story also there will be TES related locations (like dragon sites and ruins with dragon tongue words)