• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,097 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,097

Chapter 16

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 16

I charge at the unicorn with my sword raised and ready to strike, the earth pony jumps forward and swings his hammer horizontally, I slam my sword down on it and block the swing.

I twist in a quick three-sixty swing but as soon as I was about to make contact, the pegasus thrusts his spear in the way deflecting my attack.

I try to recover but the earth pony swings his hammer which knocks my sword out of my hands.

I leap back and get some distance between us, they start laughing mockingly. I pull out Mehrunes' Razor and hold it in a reverse grip in front of me with my right hand and pull out the knife I caught with my left hand, they just laugh harder.

The unicorn pulls out two knives and hurls them at me, I roll to the right avoiding the blades, the pegasus flies up and the earth pony charges at me and swings his hammer horizontally again.

I dive over the hammer and before he can recover, I plant Mehrunes' Razor into his back. He screams as a white flame engulfs his body and vanishes as he's sent to Oblivion.

The other two watch as there was nothing left of their ally, I jump back as the pegasus dives at me with his spear.

I throw the knife at him which he leans out of the way, I quickly put Mehrunes' Razor away and draw my bow with an arrow, I take aim at the pegasus and fire.

The arrow impales his left wing removing his ability to fly, I grunt in pain as a knife sinks into my left thigh, I drop the bow as I dodge another knife. Leaving the blade in my leg to prevent bleeding out, I manage to reclaim my sword and stand back up.

The pegasus’ left wing hangs limply by his side and another knife is sent at me from the unicorn, I manage to lean back enough to dodge it, I get back into a ready position. I hear glass smash and a scream of pain behind me.

I turn around to see a window smashed in, a cream coloured filly with a poofy red mane and tail and a pair of large glasses is lying on the floor with the knife buried into her side screaming and crying in pain. "TWIST!" a mare calls out and starts crying as she cradles the filly.

My eyes fly wide open as my rage spikes and before I knew what I was doing, I muttered. "Mul Qah Diiv." My body is instantly filled with power, I feel my soul burn with anger and wrath as my abilities increase. I sharply turn back to the unicorn with an expression of malice, when he sees my eyes, he has a look of pure fear on his face.

Feeling no pain from my leg I burst forward with great speed, he has no time to react. I roar and swing my sword with such fury, I've carved into him ten times in just three seconds, I don't bother watching the countless pieces fall to the floor as the area is soaked with his blood and organs.

I quickly turn to the pegasus and rush him, he panics and tries to fly away but the snap of a bone is heard as he flaps his wing. He falls to the floor and I grab his throat, I then lift him up above my head as my eyes stare into his.

In my peripheral view, I see Twilight with Nightwing come around a corner, but I ignore them as I focus on this scum.

I take a deep breath as I prepare the final blow, I feel the energy of my soul burst forth with a thunderous boom. "FUS RO DAH!" I shout point blank in his face. His head explodes from the force sending gore into the sky and rain down ten metres away.

I hear Twilight gasp as she backs away. My attention is now on the injured filly, I drop my sword as I run to the house and burst through the door. To my left is the mare holding her child, I quickly head over to them and kneel beside her, she looks up at me silently pleading for my help.

I pull out the knife and see blood all over the floor. Placing both of my hands on the filly, I pour as much healing magic as I could into the wound causing it to close. Pouring so much magic into it so quickly and forcefully causes me to roar out in pain as I finish healing her.

I feel the power and energy leave me as I fall to my right side exhausted. The last thing I hear is the distorted voice of Twilight yelling and the joyful crying of the mare as the filly opens her eyes. Breathing heavily, I pass out with a faint smile.


I slowly wake up to the steady beeping of that device again and I can feel wires attached to me all over, I slowly open my eyes and see doctors and nurses running back and forth, Celestia and Luna are standing in the corner observing me. Celestia doesn't look happy.

The beeping starts to increase causing everyone to look at me. I try to say something, but I feel extremely weak, all I manage was light coughs and slight wheezing.

"He's awake!" a nurse calls out, the doctors swarm me as they check me over. Before they could do anything, I pass out again.

Dreamscape

My eyes open to the familiar white void. Even here I feel weak, but not as much as before. I manage to sit up as Luna and Celestia fade in.

I'm breathing heavily and slump forward. Celestia walks over to me with a very angry look. "What did you do!" she yells at me. I try to reply, but only cough and fall to my left side. Luna kneels down to me and leans me against her side so I'm sitting up.

Since I couldn't talk, I close my eyes and think of the fight. A white door with a blood red frame appears, Celestia looks at it, then at me. Her glare still strong as she turns to the door and enters it, Luna just places her horn to my head.

"Are you alright?" I hear her say inside my head.

"Felt better, I'm sorry for breaking the promise," I reply in my mind.

"What would cause you to resort to using that power?" she asks.

"To protect a child, I failed once before, I refuse to fail again, not if I have the means to save them," I reply. My breathing is slow and heavy, but steady. "Are they alright?" I ask her.

"Yes, the filly's mother has been by her daughter's side the whole time, but she brought a rose to your room as well as saying her thanks repeatedly," she tells me. I smile knowing I saved her child.

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

"Three hours now, I... we've been so worried." she replies.

"And Moonbeam? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, she's with you at the hospital right now, she really cares about you," she smiles and pulls her horn away.

We both just lie there in silence for ten minutes while Luna rests her head on my shoulder. Celestia returns through the door, her face no longer looks angry, but of gratitude and slight fear.

"I apologise for my outburst towards you, but when I was told you killed somepony, I thought you betrayed us." She kneels down, her face inches from mine. "But what you did when the filly was harmed by them, I thank you for stopping them and saving her." She nuzzles my cheek and smiles. "But I'm afraid half of Ponyville is now terrified of you." Her expression turns to sadness.

I manage to lift an arm and stroke her cheek, she looks up at me as I smile. A tear rolls down her cheek as I close my eyes and drift off into a restful slumber.

End Dreamscape

I awaken to the beeping sound again, I feel a weight on my left hip, the wires still attached to me.

I groan as my body feels sore and stiff. I open my eyes to the sight of a beautiful morning shining through the window, I can feel my left thigh bandaged, I also feel much better and manage to sit up.

Looking to my lap, I see Moonbeam curled up next to me. I smile as I stroke her mane, she wakes up and looks up at me. Her eyes tear up as she hugs my chest quietly sobbing.

For the next few minutes I just hug her, rocking left and right as she cries. The door opens to reveal Twilight as she steps in, she looks at me, I can see a little bit of fear in her eyes.

I just give a sad smile. "I'm sorry you saw that Twilight," I say in a scratchy voice.

She walks towards me and sits beside the bed. "It... It's alright, the princesses told us why you did it." She levitates a glass of water to me, which I take and drink greedily.

I sigh after finishing the glass, Moonbeam has her right cheek on my chest while looking at Twilight.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"Twelve hours," she replies.

A smile spreads on my face, a loud gurgle echoes throughout the room, I chuckle causing Moonbeam to jiggle on my chest.

Twilight smiles. "I'll go let the doctor and princesses know you're awake." She stands up and leaves.

I continue to stroke Moonbeams mane as she calms down.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"*Sniff* Yes, I thought I was going to lose you too," she says while nuzzling my chest.

"Don't worry, as I said before, it'll take more than that to bring me down."

After a few more minutes she looks up at me. "Can... can I call you..." She hesitates for a second. "Daddy?" she asks with a slight pout.

I smile and nodded. "Of course you can." I start rocking back and forth again. "I'd like that." Nothing else is said until Twilight returns with the doctor.

"Ah good, you're awake. You suffered from an extreme loss of energy and magic," he tells me. He starts looking over the device and charts.

He's a cream caramel coloured unicorn with a caramel brown mane and tail, he has dark cyan eyes and a mark of... I'm not sure what it is.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Hmmm? Oh, about eight-twenty-five am," the doctor replies.

"Twilight, could you take Moonbeam back to the house and get her ready for school?" I ask Twilight. She nodded and I hand her my door key.

"NO! I wanna stay here!" Moonbeam shouts and hugs me tightly.

I hold her chin in my hand and look her in the eyes. "I'm fine, the doctors will look after me. I'll be out of here soon." She looks at me with a quivering lip.

"Promise?" I smile and hug her tightly.

"I promise." She nodded and climbs down, Twilight and Moonbeam leave and it's just me with the doctor now.

I take off the covers and remove the bandage on my leg, the doctor tries to protest but I ignore him.

Placing my left hand on my thigh, I start to heal the wound slowly, the doctor gasps as the wound is healed leaving only a scar.

"B... B... But, how? How did you do that? I've never seen a healing spell that effective before!" He looks my leg over using a scanning spell.

"It's actually a simple healing spell, if you want to learn it ask Celestia, she has the spell copied down," I tell him and stand up. I pull off the wires and stamp my left leg on the floor, a slight ache but otherwise all good.

"Yes, I'll be sure to ask when she comes down later." He finish's the scan and levitates me back on the bed, I notice my ring is not on my finger.

"WHOA!" I yell as I'm lifted back to the bed.

"Your wound may now be healed, but you still have to recover your energy, you'll be staying here for the next five hours at least," he tells me. I sigh but nodded.

"Fine, by the way, where's my ring?" I ask.

He opens the nightstand next to me and floats my ring over to me. "You're heavier than you look, we had to remove your ring to bring you to the hospital," he tells me. I put it back on and lie down.

"Thank you," I say. I close my eyes and remember the fight, how I felt the rage and anger within my soul, I have a bad habit of losing control when I'm really angry.

I place a hand to my chest. I can feel the energy in my soul returning but very slowly, it would seem using that power drains more than I'm capable of. For now, it'll be a last resort option.

The doctor finishes his checks and leaves, a nurse with a white coat, pink mane and tail, light blue eyes and a cap on her head then enters with a trolley of food minutes later.

"Good morning," she says. "What would you like?" she then asks me as I look at the food.

"I'll have an apple and a buttered roll with cheese please." She gives me an apple then prepares the roll.

"Thank you for saving twist," she says. "If you didn't close her wound, she would have bled to death before she got here." She smiles as she hands me the roll.

"Half of the town now thinks you're a monster after what they saw you do, but some of us understand you did what you had to do." She pulls out a small cake from under the trolley.

"The other nurses and I made this for you." She places it on the night stand with a fork. "Twist sometimes comes here with her home made sweets, we all adore her."

I smile as I finished off the apple. "Thank you, I just do what I believe is right, I'm just glad I saved her this time." I look down and close my eyes.

"This time?" she asks.

"Over a year ago, I was hired to rescue a kidnapped girl. I failed and she was killed, this time however, I refused to fail." I look up and smile.

The nurse smiles and heads for the door with the trolley. "And again, we all thank you for it." She closes the door and I can hear her walk away.

I eat the roll and cake, then I rest for awhile. The door opens to reveal a powder blue earth pony mare with a poofy light pink mane and tail, she has green eyes and a bag of sweets for a mark.

"Hello, I'm Peppermint Swirl," she introduces herself, walking up to me and taking a seat, she starts to tear up as she places a rose on my lap. "Thank you so much for saving my little filly," she says as she holds my right hand with her hooves.

"I'm Farengar, and you're welcome," I reply smiling.

"If it weren't for you, the doctors said she wouldn't have made it. If there's anything I could do for you, please don't hesitate to ask."

I nodded as she gets up and heads for the door. "I'm going back to Twists room, and again thank you so much." I wave to her and she leaves.

I lean back with a smile on my face, I don't get to relax for long as Celestia walks in. I look at her, still with a smile.

"It's good to see you're awake, Farengar. How are you feeling?" she asks as she stands at the foot of the bed.

"Sore, but okay in all," I reply. "by the way, what happened to my weapons?" I ask her.

"They're in your house, but I'm afraid I had to take that dagger away, there was a dark presence within it." I nodded, understanding why.

"It's a daedric artefact called Mehrunes' Razor, it sends those it stabs or cuts to the realm of Oblivion," I explain.

She looks down with a frown. "If there was another one here, who's to say that others won't be as well?" I look to her with worry, if she's right, some of them could cause problems.

"I take it you placed the dagger in your vault?" I ask her. She looks up and nodded at me. "Good, to be honest, I only bought it off the guy who found it so no one else could misuse it," I tell her. She smiles at me.

"Thank you. I'd hate to think what would happen if the wrong ponies got their hooves on it or any of these 'daedric artefacts'," she says.

She looks me in the eyes. "I have some good news for you at least." Her horn flashes as a suit of armour appears next to her, in the centre of the chest plate is the Equestrian flag's symbol, a crescent moon on top with the sun below it and wings spread to the sides.

"We managed to hire a minotaur blacksmith to help with your armour, he was able to finish it within a day, it’s also been enchanted," she says as it spins slowly in the air.

"We also let Arcane Charm look over that enchanting table, he was able to use it as a magical focus and complete his magical wing enchantment with it." My eyes open wide at that.

"Then, you mean?" I ask. She smiles.

"Yes, that table of yours even strengthened the enchantment, what was meant to be ten seconds of flight, turned out to be one whole minute." My jaw drops open as I stare at the armour. "I'll place the armour in your house, but please ask a pegasus first for flying instructions." The armour vanishes in a bright light.

"Also, we've allowed Arcane to keep the table, I hope you don't mind." I close my mouth and smile.

"Not at all, he could use it far better than I could." Celestia smiles, but then frowns.

"What will you do now? Half the town fears you, living here may not be an option anymore," she says in a sad tone.

I chuckle causing her to look at me. "Then I'll just earn their trust." She smiles and turns to leave, but she stops and looks back.

"Oh by the way, we found out what soul resides in that star." I raise an eyebrow, curious as to what it is.

"It's the soul of a unicorn, but she's not like one of us." She looks me in the eye. "Do you have unicorns in your world?" she asks.

I think for a few seconds, I remember seeing one in the forests of Cyrodiil when I was on my way to the Arena of the Imperial City a few years ago.

"Yes, they're like horses, but with a long horn, I don't know if they can use magic or not," I tell her. She 'hums' for a second before smiling.

"Well, we've also managed to speak with her." Now I'm intrigued.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"She's looking for the Dragonborn, she sensed the coming of a great evil. On her way to look for you, she was ambushed by a dunmer or dark elf as she called him, who had the star and took her soul after killing her." Celestia sighs. "The star was lost at the bottom of a lake when her minotaur guardians chased and killed him for her death, that is until it ended up here, she's been trapped in there for over two years."

I frown and look her in the eyes. "Is there anyway to free her?" I ask.

"Yes, and no. Her physical body has long since perished, but she explains that if we can place her into a flawless ruby amulet, you'd be able to summon her spirit into an astral body only you could physically touch for a short time," Celestia explains. "Problem is, we don't have any flawless rubies, we have hundreds of gems but the rubies all have flaws." She looks down with sadness on her face.

I sigh, but then have an idea. Rarity said my gems were all flawless, I still have one ruby left!

"Celestia, I still have one flawless ruby left, could you use that?" Her eyes light up as she remembers.

"Yes, yes we could, where is it?" she asks. I tell her it's in the case under my bed, she turns back to the door and opens it.

"If this works, you'll be getting a new friend," she says and then leaves.

A new friend? And here I thought I'd use the star for an enchantment, good thing they found out first then.

I look out the window to the sights and sounds of a busy town, I start to think of on how to earn their trust again.

While doing so the sounds of the peaceful day lulls me to sleep.