• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 10,097 Views, 576 Comments

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart

  • ...
33
 576
 10,097

Chapter 11

The Elder Scrolls: The Dragonborn of Equestria
Chapter 11

I run through the streets of Canterlot behind Twilight, blood stains are still on the floor and walls but the bodies are now gone, I'm no longer smiling and Moonbeam is no longer giggling. The city has taken a nasty hit, holes dot the buildings, windows and doors shattered' and roofs have a some holes on a few of the houses.

I recognise this street, it's the one where I found Moonbeam, she starts snivelling as I stop at her old home.

"Mama, Papa." I barely hear her whisper. I frown, all this destruction and loss, and for what? An old grudge from a power hungry unicorn from long ago.

Shaking my head of such thoughts. I call out to Twilight. "Twilight hold on!"

"What? We need to hurry!" she calls back, standing there waiting for us.

"Moonbeam, is there anything in there you want to get?" I ask the filly as she looks at her old home. She nodded and I head into the doorless house.

"So, what are you looking for?" I ask as I cradle her in my arms to help comfort her. She looks like she's on the verge of tears.

"In *sniff*, in my room upstairs *sniff*." We make our way to the stairs and head up, there's a small hallway with three doors up here, one must lead to her parents room, one to a bathroom, and the other to her room.

She points to the second door to the right and I open it. Inside is a room with the night sky painted on the ceiling and clouds on the walls, the carpet looks like grass with some toys scattered around.

I put Moonbeam down, she heads over to her bed and picks up a small teddy bear that looks like it’s made of stars. As she holds it tightly, she starts sobbing. I walk over and pick her up as she cries into my chest, Twilight walks in behind me with a sad expression on her face.

"Is that all or would like to bring anything else?" I ask Moonbeam. She looks up at me then to her dresser, a picture of a mare and stallion standing next to her is on it. She points to it and I nodded.

I pick up the picture and place it in a pocket, she says she's got what she wanted and we leave the house.

After five minutes of walking, I'm standing on some kind of platform. Moonbeam has stopped crying and is standing beside me, a minute later I see something approaching.

In the distance is a large and long object moving at a high speed towards us along some kind of minecart tracks. It's getting closer and closer as I can start making out the details of it. It looks like it has a steel plough with a round light in the middle on the front with a tall smoke stack above it.

The colour made me raise an eyebrow, it was a pink colour with a heart shaped window and a bell in front of it.

It starts slowing down as a screeching sound is heard, sparks lightly fly off from the wheels as it slows to a halt in front of us. Behind the first part appears to be seven carriages, the first had a pink like cloud roof with large windowless openings and brown colour walls.

The next four were the same shape, one purple with a maroon roof and baggage on top, three brown with two roofs sky blue and one yellow.

The sixth one looked like it was only half the size of the others with a door leading to a balcony of sorts, it was a maroon colour with a yellow roof.

And the last one looked like a wagon with bags filling it, it was sky blue with a yellow trim and red hearts on each side.

A loud whistle is blown with steam venting out the front of it near the wheels. I leap back with a yelp of surprise, causing Moonbeam and Twilight to 'Eep' as I draw my sword ready to defend myself as the steam reminds me of that Dwarven Centurion.

"Twilight get behind me!" I tell her as I stare at the thing, the ponies around me start backing away from us with a worried or fearful expression.

"Farengar! Put that away! It's only the train," she's tells me, smiling sheepishly while looking around telling the others everything is okay.

"Wait... That's the train?" I ask. She looks back to me and nodded.

"Yes, so can you please put your sword away!" I look back at the 'train' as it lets off another round of steam. I flinch slightly, remembering how much that steam can hurt.

As the train finally stops hissing out steam, Moonbeam seems to be trying not to laugh at me. Ponies start exiting the cars... I think that's what Luna called them, there were also other races leaving the train.

I see a few griffon's, a minotaur and even a couple of deer, well that's venison off the menu then.

The minotaur spots me holding my sword and just snorts. He was tall, about eight feet high with brown fur , his left horn is missing about half of it. He stomps past us carrying a large hammer that looks more like a smith's hammer than a weapon as well as a case with who knows what inside.

I slowly put my sword away and everyone around us starts relaxing a bit more. Twilight heads over to a booth and purchases three slips of paper.

"Here's your ticket for the train," she says and levitates one over to me. I take it and look it over, it’s got a few words on it that says 'one-way to Ponyville' and some other words. I pocket it as Moonbeam and I follow Twilight to the third car, she levitates mine and her stuff into an overhead compartment as I take a seat next to a window.

"I'm glad we made it on time," says Twilight as Moonbeam sits next to me and leans against my side while holding her bear. Twilight sits on the other side from me and smiles at the display.

"So how long does it take to get to Ponyville from here?" I ask Twilight.

"Oh not that long, about an hour or two," she replies and looks outside to the setting sun. "You might have to stay at my place for the night, I don't think we'll be able to get you a house before the end of the day." She turns back to me.

A bell rings as someone yells. "All aboard!" From the outside.

"Huh, that's alright, probably take all day to get a house and all the stuff for it," I tell Twilight. I look down to Moonbeam, she's fallen asleep with her head on my lap. I smile as I stroke her hair.

A stallion walks down the aisle asking for the passengers tickets, I see Twilight floating two next to her so I pull mine out.

"Tickets please," he asks Twilight, she explains to him the second ticket is for Moonbeam.

"Tickets please, oh my, I haven't seen your kind before, are you visiting Equestria?" he asks as he pops a hole in my ticket.

"I guess you could say that," I reply, he just smiles and tips his hat.

"Well, I hope you have a jolly good time here sir," he says and hands me the ticket back. "Have a nice day. Tickets please." His voice fades away as he heads down the aisle and to the next car.

Five minutes later, the train whistles again and starts moving. I watch as the scenery rolls by from the city to a wooded area, my eyes start to close as I fall asleep.

Dream World

I'm back in the Dreamscape, I call out to Luna to see if she can hear me. A few seconds later she fades in next to me with a smile.

"Greetings, Farengar. Have you arrived in Ponyville already?" she asks.

"No, I'm on that train. Fell asleep after it started moving, so how are you doing?" I reply and ask. She's still smiling and walks over to me.

"I'm good, I was very tired after day court, I'll probably sleep a bit longer than normal," she says and sits next to me as pair of cushions appear behind us. I sit on one and turn to Luna.

"So, what would like to do or see?" I ask her, she just closes her eyes as her horn glows and the landscape changes from a white nothing to a hillside with a beautiful night sky above, woodlands behind us and a stream in front.

I look up at the moon, while not as big as Nirn's moons it has a glow and light that put Nirn's to shame.

Now, I'm not one to call anything pretty or beautiful since I lost my wife, but I have to admit, this was a sight to behold.

"Beautiful," I say as I continue to look up, a light cool breeze blows through my hair and face. I inhale a lungful of air and sigh.

"Thank you, I try to make the night as beautiful as I can, but it just seems not many appreciate the night as they do the day," she says with a sad smile.

I turn to her with a smile. "I think it's lovely, at the end of most days I would just sit outside and watch the stars and moons." She turns to me with a look of surprise.

"Did you say moons?" I nodded and her happy smile returns. "Can you show me?" she asks.

"How? Is it like the door thing?" I reply.

"Yes, but instead of going to said memory, you bring it here," she tells me. I look up and close my eyes, I think of my home and the landscape shifts once again to the old ruins of Shriekwind Bastion north of Falkreath. I open my eyes to the sight of both moons high in the air with an aurora spanning across the sky.

Luna gasps as she takes in the view, her eyes are wide open with the reflection of the aurora in them.

"The larger moon is called Masser," I tell her and point to the large moon to the left. "And the smaller one is named Secunda." I then point to the right at the smaller moon.

"They say that you won’t find a more breath taking view of the night anywhere else than in Skyrim." I wave my right hand across the sky for emphasis.

"It's beautiful," she replies looking all around us, through the clouds a constellation could be seen.

I point to it as Luna looks up at it. "Over there is the constellation of the Steed, it's the sign I was born under." 'ironic considering where I am now,' I think to myself.

After a few seconds, she sees the stars and smiles. "Probably explains my ability to run and move faster than most," I tell her. She was about to say something when a red mist appeared in front of Luna.

"What's that?" I ask, eyeing the mist.

"It's a warning, it lets me know that somepony is having a bad nightmare right now," she replies and waves her hoof in front of it as it opens into a window or portal.

"That's Moonbeam!" I exclaim, she's running through a ruined Canterlot from a swarm of changelings chasing her. Her parents are lying dead on the floor behind the swarm.

I leap through the window before Luna could object and land on the street ahead of her, I'm now wearing my old Steel Armour and wielding my Dwarven Greatsword.

Moonbeam spots me and makes her way over to me. I stand up and look over to her as a few changelings are about to dive for her, I'm not going to make it in time. A memory flashes before me. 'No! Not again! I won’t let it happen again!'

I shake my head and get a grim look of determination, I hear Luna gasp as I feel a surge of strength flow through me. My vision looks clearer and sharper, my speed doubles as I rush forward and my reaction speed is finer.

I make it just in time to cleave all three changelings in half as they burst into flames. Four more changelings charge at me, but with unnatural speed, I carve into all four of them before they could even touch me setting them all ablaze.

Luna lands next to Moonbeam who's crying her eyes out and covers her with her wings as they turn invisible. I'm now outnumbered by nearly over one-hundred changelings. I start to panic, but as they rush towards me, I see the silhouette of a large creature with a long neck and wings spread wide behind the swarm in a golden glow. Everything freezes as a voice calls out to me.

"I have been watching you, you who was born with the heart and soul of a dragon. You who has shown great kindness, honesty, loyalty, generosity and laughter to others before yourself, and now for your act of selflessness to save another at the cost of your own life, I, Akatosh, bestow upon you the knowledge of the Dovahkiin." I feel a warm light engulf me.

"A great evil banished from Tamriel, the world-eater, Alduin has returned in Equus to bring death and destruction to all life. It will be up to you to stop him before it's too late. So arise, rise as the Dragonborn of Equestria, for your destiny has only just begun!" proclaims the divine Akatosh as he fades away.

I close my eyes and lower my head. I feel different, I know things now I did not before. I can feel my very soul and the energy within.

I raise my head and open my eyes, time seems to slow down as I call forth the energy within. The words and the meaning behind them coming to me as I access the knowledge. I inhale a deep breath and release the power.

"Fus RO DAH!" The words leave my lips with a roar of thunder and a large force of blue energy hurtles towards the changelings. Upon impact, they stop dead in their tracks, the ones at the front were instantly crushed as is if hitting a solid wall, the ones behind then get slammed by them. The energy continues on without any signs of stopping. After about ten meters, the energy fades as all the changelings are sent flying off over the horizon as the thunderous sound fades away.

I feel the energy within me almost gone but slowly returning. My vision returns to normal as the extra strength also fades.

I'm breathing heavily as I turn around and face Luna and Moonbeam as they become visible again. Luna looks both stunned, awed and terrified.

I smile at her as I fall over and pass out.


I start coming to, blinking back the haze as I awaken. I look around and find myself back in the Dreamscape with Luna next to me.

Remembering what just happened, I bolt upright and ask Luna. "Where's Moonbeam! Is she alright?" Luna looks slightly afraid but answers.

"She is fine, I have given her a nice dream..." she replies and pauses for a few seconds. "But tell me." She looks me in the eyes with a look of worry. "What was that you did? Your eyes changed to that of a dragon's, you also moved beyond what I've seen you capable of." I frown confused at what she's saying.

"If that was a normal dream I would have dismissed it as your imagination, but here in the Dreamscape, you only have the abilities you naturally have, as if you were awake," she tells me. I look at her stunned, to be honest, I thought that was because I am in a dream.

"I... I did not know I could do that," I tell her. I then remember Akatosh. "Did you see him?" I ask her. She now looks confused.

"I did not see anypony else. You were looking behind the swarm, lowered your head, raised it back up, spoke in draconic and then you blew away every single changeling," she replies, her confused look still present.

"But, he was there, Akatosh, one of the Nine Divines. He gave me knowledge, said I was the Dragonborn." I then remember the warning. "He also had a warning, an evil named Alduin the world-eater has returned here to destroy all life." Luna looks like she's about to have a heart attack, then has a very serious expression.

"You can not tell anypony about this, it will only cause a panic. I'll let my sister know of what's happened, and please don't use that power unless you have no other choice," she tells me sternly. I just simply nodded, she relaxes and smiles.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you like that, but if what you speak of is true, then the whole world is in danger." I smile and nodded in understanding.

I stand back up noticing I'm no longer in my armour, "Will we still be meeting later tonight?" I ask, wondering if this event will cancel that.

"Yes we will, but Tia might be joining us as well," she explains. I guess that's understandable with what just happened. "We'll see you tonight." She hugs me and fades away.

I now have time to think, I'm the Dragonborn, and I performed a shout. I run my hand through my hair, still not believing what just happened.

No point in worrying about it now, I'll discuss it with Celestia and Luna later. I sit down, close my eyes and drift of to a dreamless sleep.

Author's Note:

And it begins, the Dragonborn has awoken.

now a few of you might rage with what I just did (the eyes and increased strength) there's a shout called dragon aspect.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Dragon_Aspect
But I'll be using it as a temporary power boost that causes heavy fatigue after its over, which caused him to pass out here. so far all he knows is dragon aspect and Fus Ro DA.

Hmm I wonder how spike will react to him when they meet :D

Images were found on Google image search.