• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 3,160 Views, 28 Comments

Blueblood's Passionate Crush - Lil Beepers shipping



A story where a young prince falls in love with the mare of his dreams. Yet he can never have the guts to show is his true passions for her. See Prince Blueblood go through life with his childhood friend and crush, Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
10
 28
 3,160

Chapter 1: Outside for a Picnic

Chapter one

It was morning and Celestia's sun shined bright through the window of a young Prince Blueblood. The glaring sunlight woke up the young prince from his slumber, he rustled under the covers from his bed, groaning and slowing opening his tired eyes.

It was going to be this morning again, he could just tell, but he didn't want to even get out of bed, but he had to. Blueblood stood up rubbing his eyes than stretching out his forearms and yawning. Crawling out of his covers and off of his king size bed, he slowly walked to a mirror nearby. Looking at himself, seeing his tired face in the mirror and his messy mane. Yawing again and smacking his lips, he stared a little into the mirror, a sound of the door knob turning made his head turn slowly towards it, seeing then the door half open only to be revealing his cousin princess Cadance peeking her head to see him.

"Morning sleepy head, how is my favorite little cousin in this beautiful bright young morning." Cadance said with a cheery tone in her voice. Blueblood looking at Cadance seeing her smile. " Morning...." Blueblood said in a lifless tone, looking at her with a tired look, that says, Can't speak...to sleepy. Cadance look at him with a sympathetic look, smiling at him at him.

"Well its obvious to me that you need to freshen up. We have a beautiful day to enjoy, and we don't need to waste the day with you looking like a sloth." Cadance said walking towards Bluebloods private bathroom,

"Let me start the bath for you," Cadance said turning the bath knob with her magic, releasing running water, filling up the bath. Blueblood followed up slowly, entering the bathroom passing Cadance and heading towards the bathtub.

Walking on the stepping stool, reaching to the end only to drop into the water, splashing water slightly wetting Cadance. Blueblood stayed under the water for about a couple seconds, only to then come up form under the water. Seeing his cousin poring liquid soap into the bath.

"Thank you Cadance," Blueblood spoke, a little bit awake now thanks to the water. "Why are you so happy today Cadance, what's so special about today unlike every other day."

Cadance smiled at Blueblood and reposed, "Well for one its so beautiful today, the sun is shinning, the air is so fresh, and flowers are blooming, its like the first day of spring.....what's not to be happy about, maybe when we..."

"Please tell me that were not going to another gathering." Blueblood interrupted, with a worried look on his face.

Cadance wasn't surprise that Blueblood would make that assumption, it was expected from some of his age and character. She knew that Blueblood hates parties and large gatherings,the fact that he was completely unsocial was one of his never wanting to associate with people. When it comes to parties, and gatherings Blueblood would usually be the center of attention, being adored by the nobles, surrounding him complimenting on how handsome and adorable he was, he never wanted all of that attention. Yet what was worse for him was the young fillies that surrounded him, swooning over him, wanting him only for themselves, telling then they him to be there own prince charming, and how they want to marry him. Some of the mare evens argued with each other on how they want him and who saw him first, usually ending in brawls that had to be broken up by the fillies parents, it was aggravating for him.

Cadance can only smile her warm smile, looking directly at the small prince, "I assure you, we wont be going to any social gathering today, we are just going to enjoy the beautiful day outside, just you, me, Celestia and the beautiful outdoors, no one else." Cadance said, and with that, Blueblood gave a innocent and happy smile, his grin was stretch across his cheeks and his eyes were full of both happiness and relief, it was adorable.

"Now hurry and wash yourself up, breakfast will be ready shortly." Cadance spoke.

"Ok," Blueblood said, and with that, Blueblood started to wash himself and play in the tube and Cadance walk out the bathroom.

After Blueblood was finished with his bath, he got himself groomed up and dressed up. He than headed down stares to breakfast where Cadance was sitting in the dinning hall, waiting for the meal come. Blueblood took his seat across were Cadance was, it wasn't long for the breakfast to come.

Two servants entered the dinning hall, both carrying there breakfast, While Blueblood ask Cadance were discussing what were they going to do outside today.

"Well Blueblood, I'm going to let you decide what we should to do today," Cadance said. Blueblood paused to think, trying think what he wanted to do outside with Cadance and Celestia today. They could go out hiking on a small trail, or maybe bird watching. Blueblood then looked at the window, thinking that today was a day that he could just relax and look at the beautiful scenery outside.

"Lets have a picnic," said Blueblood "and can I pick the spot, I know the perfect spot, please." He ask, putting his hooves together, trying to look as cute as possible.

Cadance knows she couldn't say no to a face, and a picnic would be nice for a lovely day like this.

"A picnic sounds like a great idea, I could set up the picnic basket, you just get yourself ready while I'm doing that."

"No wait Cadance I can help with the picnic basket, please."

"Alright Blueblood you can help, but get yourself ready first." Cadance said. Blueblood agreed and continued to eat his breakfast. Cadance watched him eat so happily, she could tell that he was in one of his good moods today. Probably due to the fact that they weren't going to any social gatherings today. Or the fact that only he and his closest family were going to be with him, no one else.

Right after breakfast, Blueblood went back to his room to immediately brush his teeth and comb his mane, while he got himself ready Cadance was in the kitchen to set up the picnic basket. Once Blueblood was finished, he came down stares to help Cadance with the picnic basket. After they set up the basket, Cadance wrote a letter to Celestia about the picnic and that Blueblood knew the spot that he wanted to have it. It was wasn't until 30 seconds later Celestia replied back with a letter saying that it was a perfect idea and that she will there.

Once outside on the palace entrance, Blueblood and Cadance waited for Celestia to show up. Waiting for Celestia for 3 minutes but to Blueblood it felt like hours.

"Where is she?" ask Blueblood, "You'll said she will be coming."

"She coming Blueblood, she is just finishing up her private magic lessons with her student." Cadance replied.

Blueblood was wiring in place and groaning impatiently. He couldn't stand the wait anymore wanting to her to show up.

"Be patient Blueblood, she's will be coming soon." Cadance said. "But day could be wasted, and just like you said, it is the perfect day outside." he replied.

"It's only 1 o'clock, we have all the time to enjoy the day." Cadance said to Blueblood was now looking for signs for Celestia and starting to get upset. "Her lessons couldn't be that long, can it?" Blueblood said getting both annoyed and upset.

"You must really want have this picnic don't you Blueblood." said a kind and calm voice.

Both Blueblood and Cadance turn to see there Aunt Celestia, who finally appeared smiling warmly at her niece and nephew. Blueblood eyes lit up and his face quickly grew a wide smile, started to run towards his aunt.

"AUNTIE!" Blueblood yelled joyfully and hugged Celestia.

"Hello Blueblood," she said returning the hug, Blueblood looked up go see her smiling. "I though you would never come Auntie!" he spoke.

"I said I coming Blueblood, I just had to finish my private tutoring sessions with one of my students." Celestia replied. "You seem to be eager have me come along for your picnic that you forgot your lessons in patients." she continued as Blueblood let go of her, he looked down feeling sorry for his lack of patients.

"I'm sorry Auntie, I just really you to come, It's just a nice day outside, and I really want to spend the day with you and Cadance and...."

Blueblood was interrupted with Celestia's chuckle and her placing hoof on his shoulder. "It's ok, I understand, your apology is accepted." she said, and with that, Blueblood smiled.

"Now, you said you knew the perfect the picnic spot." Celestia said.

Prince Blueblood, Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance strolled in the vast open fields, admiring the open scenery while heading towards Bluebloods choice of spot. Stopping on occasion to complement the clear blue sky and the far side mountain ranges, while on the way to the spot. Blueblood who seemed to be in a happy go lucky mood and full energy, frolicked ahead of his Aunt and cousin, heading toward his desired spot.

"Are we there yet cousin?" ask Candace.

"Almost, it's just atop of that hill." Blueblood said gleefully, he continued his happy frolicking up the hill. They all finally reach to the top of the hill, Princess Celestia and Cadance continued looked out to see the surrounding view, appreciating the sight. Cadance amazed by the view, seeing the palace in full view from this spot, a complement escaped Cadance lips as she was taking in the sight. Wow, I guess I was right to have you choose the spot, this view is amazing. Blueblood was smiling to himself proudly, looking up to see both his cousin and his aunt in amazement on looking at the direction of the palace, knowing that he knew that they will like this spot.

"I found this spot last week when I was taking a stroll around the castle plains. Its seem like the perfect to do read or to have lunch." He said with self satisfaction.

Celestia smiled at him, looking at his proud posture, and princely bravado. Celestia started to think how much he reminded her of his parents, his father, Prince Visigoth, and his mother, Princess Realeza. he looked liked his father, from his coat and mane, but he had his mother's artic blue eyes. He also had his father's confident personality, brave spirit and radiant smile, well he would, if he wasn't as shy as he was, he had his mother's intelligence though, and he had both of their adventuring attitude.

Celestia was about to set up the picnic blanket, but Blueblood being a young gentle-colt offered to set up the blanket. He use magic to flatten out the blanket and placing it on the ground. Celestia and Cadance thank him for setting it up the picnic blanket for them which he responded with a bow, Cadance place the picnic basket on the blanket, then using her magic to set the food that was prepared for this picnic, a couple of sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, fruits, and apple juice. As they were eating, they discuses mostly on the weather, and how little rain had happened this session.

Celestia and Cadance then talked about Celestia's star pupil, which Blueblood not hearing the conversation continued to eat and began to stare at the butterflies that were fluttering threw the fields. Cadance and Celestia continued to talk about the star pupil in great length, which Blueblood began to grow a curiosity about this star pupil, wondering why they both talked about this rising star so much. Curious to know who was this star pupil Blueblood, honed in to the conversation, wanting know about this "star pupil" seemingly growing a interested into this student Celestia talked about so much.

Blueblood listen, trying to get some clues about who this pony is, only to learn that it was same pony that Celestia said was able to hatch a dragon egg, but not only that, she levitated the examiners and made the same dragon grew into an incredibly large size that it broke through the roof. Celestia could never stop talking about that day, he forgot the name, he was always disinterested about what Celestia had to say about her session with her students. But now that he is listening and learning things about Celestia "star pupil", he cant help to know who she was, and why his aunt talked such great length about her. He had to know, his curiosity was consuming him.
As politely as possible Blueblood ask. "Pardon me for intruding into this conversation auntie, but who is this mare you speak so fondly of?"

Celestia and Cadance looked at Blueblood, Celestia answered with a grinned. "I thought you would be interested, well as you have a right to know, my star pupils name is Twilight Sparkle, one of the most talented young fillies I have ever seen and possibly the most powerful unicorn as well, with highly powerful magic yet untapped but is still gifted with such power. She could be the most powerful unicorn I have ever seen in my life time."

Blueblood was in aw in what Celestia said about this Twilight Sparkle, this student of hers was talent in the magic arts and not to mention so powerful that she was not just able to levitate ponies but hatched and enlarge a dragon. Blueblood was amazed about this student, such talented powers powerful beyond her age.

He wondered, was she wise beyond her youth as well, did she liked to read classical novels, did she read spell books and practice spells on her spare time. What was her background, was she born from nobility in Canterlot or was she a regular everyday unicorn from Ponyville. So many question flew around inside his head that he became lost in thought, he had an inquisitive look on his face, lost in his own thought and curiosity about this young mare. It was not until Celestia snapped him back in to reality to with what she would say.

"Well I'm glad to see that you are so interested about, maybe you can learn more about her personally when she comes over for dinner tonight." And with that Blueblood face turn into horror and shock to what his aunt said and yelled.

"WHAT!"

Celestia was taken back when she saw her nephew's negative reaction. "Twilight Sparkle and her family are coming over for dinner as a small celebration for her performance in her studies, and since you'll be there too, I though that it would be a such a nice opportunity for you to meet her in person." Celestia continued with cheerfulness in her voice, trying hard to sound like it was a good idea and it is not as bad as he would perceive. Blueblood was still upset, he continued to complain about this dinner plane that he was just informed about.

"I know when you mean small celebration you mean a large gathering, probably her entire family, every living relative coming to congratulate her. And the possibility of few nobles and there children showing up as well." Blueblood protested in a fit of both rage and panic. .

Blueblood turned to Cadance his voice almost cracking up. "You said that we wouldn't be going to any gathering or parties today, you said that we are just going to enjoy this day outside with no one else intruding!"

Cadance felt guilty, she didn't know that there was going to be a small dinner party until now, she a made a face that looked that said she was sorry and that she didn't know about this until now. There nothing she could do, all she can so is feel sorry for Blueblood. She tried to say something but was interrupted by Blueblood's groan of disappointment.

As He groaned in frustration and distress, his mind raced with the thought that he would be forced to meet this mare's entire family, which means people crowding over him, invading his personal space, pinching his cheeks till they turned red. Not to mention the fillies swooning over him, fighting over him, trying to kiss him. Blueblood almost felt betrayed, he only wanted to spend the day with his closest loved ones, his placed his face in his hooves shaking his head almost like he was on verge of crying.

"Don't get upset my nephew, you always come to the worst conclusion."Celestia said in her attempt to calm Blueblood down. "Its a small dinner party Blueblood, not a large gathering".

Blueblood was going to say something back, but Celestia intervened. "Its not a large family that's coming over, its only her mom and dad, as well as her older brother".

With the mention of Twilight's brother, Cadance blushed a little. Blueblood calm down and was little bit relived, to hear about the fact that it was only this young mares parents and her older brother attending the dinner.

"Well that reassures my self being, now that you mention it I guest it wouldn't hurt to speak to this talent young mare, Twilight must be wise beyond her youth, containing vast knowledge of history and literature. I wonder if she will be surprised by my vast knowledge when she sees that I'm only a 6 year old." Blueblood stated, calming down entirely, his eyes looking right up at the sky and pondering about this mare.

Celestia then responded to Bluebloods statement. "Well you'll be surprise yourself about her age, but you'll see in the end that you and Twilight both have a lot in common." Blueblood's eyes shifted at Celestia to her remark she made, "What do mean." Blueblood responded back.

Celestia then continued. "Well Twilight is just about the same age as you, which makes me think that you two will get along just fine." She said in a confidant tone. Blueblood calm and hopeful attitude than switch back to his upset demeanor, once he heard the fact that she was about the same age.

"The same age!"Blueblood yelled. "That's even worse, she will be swooning all over me, and on top of that she is only mare coming to this dinner, there is no else coming meaning she will have all the opportunity she wants to steal my kiss." He complained.

"You always think of the negative Blueblood, just for once think of the positive of meeting someone new, it's just you and Twilight getting to know each other". Celestia said.

"But remember, I'll be force to consult with this one mare, who will swoon all over me and will try to kiss me. It may not be as worse like the last parties in the past where there would be over 20 fillies all over me, but its still the one." Blueblood continued to complained.

"Don't let your past experience with fillies cloud you judgment of her, this mare is completely different from all the other young mares you encountered in the past. I assure you, Twilight Sparkle is completely mature for her age." Celestia said in her attempt to comfort Blueblood, he only crossed his hooves and groaned in retaliation, his eyes looking away from. Blueblood's body posture showed a combination of anger, and sadness. Celestia only sighed in disappointment, she knew that Blueblood hated parties and hated meeting large crowds and meeting other ponies, she though that having protégé Twilight meeting the young price Blueblood would finally have him opening up and finally being social.

Yet she understood her nephews objections to this idea, for to long he had been hounded by every noblemen's daughter for about two years, either it was because of how handsome and charming he is or the fact that he was a prince, and they expect him to be there story book fantasy. He was not just a target for love crazed fantasy filled fillies, but noble families as well, wanting there daughters to seduce Blueblood, to make him fall in love with one of the families' daughter or one of there daughters so that they can become royalty by marriage.

Everyone always wanted wanted to see him, but he didn't want all of that attention, Blueblood couldn't take the pressure, but Celestia knew that if he didn't interact with anyone, he could be stay the same socially awkward and shy colt that he was now. Blueblood need interaction for his own sake, and because it was unbefitting of prince.

"Blueblood, listen, I'm doing this for your own good, I know your shy but you need to open up, socialize a little. I think you meeting Twilight Sparkle will help you come out of your shy cocoon, and end your social awkwardness." Celestia paused, looking at Blueblood to see him looking little bit ashamed and guilty for his outburst. Yet there still some resistance in his eyes though.

"You need a friend Blueblood, someone for you to hang out with, to talk to, and to be there for you, friendship is important in somepony's life, especially for somepony's of your age and most importantly your status. Royal life will be extremely stressful when you become of age Bluey, and the way you act sometimes, silent and shy, it will set up a horrible image for yourself, that's why you need a friend, to help you through all that. Now she may not be a noble, but she will no doubt help you to get through your troubles, and you'll help her with her troubles in return." She paused again, Blueblood then looked up at Celestia, now with a sad look, but she understand everything she was saying.

Celestia then sighed, "Look Blueblood, I know its been hard for you ever since your parents died, and I know you miss them very much, but you need to stop shutting people out just because of all of those bad experiences you had from all of those parties. It was my mistake to have you go without me being there for you, with all of those crowds in one place, so many ponies faces looking at you. It was horrible for you, but that can't discourage you from finding a friend. Your parents wouldn't have wanted you to be alone, with no friends for the rest of your life would they?" she finished.

With the mention of his parents, Blueblood looked down on the picnic blanket with a look of regret and shame. He hated the idea of meeting new ponies, and he knew that he was extremely shy. Yet Aunt Celestia was right, his parents would have wanted him to make friends, maybe he could find a friend, and maybe this Twilight Sparkle could be that friend he was looking for, but another side of him said that she was just going to be like the rest and that there was nothing to look forward to, his mind was in conflict with both ideas.

In one hand he didn't want to meet her and just be alone with the only family he's got left. But on the other hand, he wanted to try this out, to meet this mare, to make and his auntie happy and to honor his deceased parents. But when it all comes down to it, he had no other choice, he would have to meet this mare anyway, but this time he would make the effort be nice to her and not run away, but somewhere in his mind, he knew that he was going to regret it this decision. Blueblood looked to see his cousin who watching the entire scene play, not saying anything, he then looked back at Celestia.

Blueblood sighed and finally spoke. "Ok auntie, I will give it a shot. I will introduce myself to Miss Sparkle per your request".

Celestia then grew a huge smile on her, and then hugged Blueblood. He was surprised by her gesture and wanted to ask why was he given a hug but before he could say that Celestia spoked.

"I'm so proud of you my nephew." She then lessen her embrace so to look at his face.

"The fact that you would gives this a chance really shows that you are turning into the mature prince that your parent wanted you to be." Blueblood smiled a bit from the complement, it made him happy to see his auntie happy.

"I just know that you and Twilight Sparkle will be the best of friends." Celestia completed. Blueblood was unsure about the whole ordeal but he would gives friend part a chance, he didn't want to say anything else negative in order to keep Celestia now happy mood intact.

"Lets us continue enjoying this lovely afternoon shall we." Celestia concluded looking at both Blueblood and Cadance.

They nodded and continued to eat their launches as well as enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Blueblood did continue eating, looking onward at the countryside, but his mind was on the decision he made, and whether there was the chance that he might regret it. Only he will find out for himself, as if he had the choice. To learn about Twilight Sparkle first hand for himself, and if she is the friend that was missing in his life.

Author's Note:

Well that's chapter one, what do you think is good is it bad, do I still need to work on it. Well yay, its the first chapter to my first ever story and I want to know if you guys like it. oh there will be more to come but I want your opinion first, was it to long and lengthy was it repetitive, to much filler is the chapter title a stupid name If its that I'm sorry, and I know my vocabulary is not that good, Its my first story and I will try my best, I might not be a master piece like Shakespeare but I'm just writing it for your enjoyment, and the fact that there need to be more Twiblood stories(or Bluelight) I might have taken some story elements for some other Bluelight stories that I read and which I really liked, and you might recognize them as the story goes one, it might not be original but in the end nothing is original, well I hope you guys like it, I'll be working on this editing it, right now I am fix that fact that I got Cadance name wrong and other grammar mistakes, adding new chapters and working on other stories that I have but please feel free to say your thoughts, no ships fights please. Thank you.