• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 6,775 Views, 144 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Suicide Psychosis - Facemelt91



Pinkie Pie battles with ongoing depression while her friends struggle to deal with the aftermath of her suicide attempt. This is a pony intent on ending their own life - can Rainbow Dash stop her before it's too late?

  • ...
25
 144
 6,775

Redemption

Chapter 12 - Redemption



It's unfortunate that when we feel a storm
We can roll ourselves over 'cause we're uncomfortable
Oh well, the devil makes us sin
But we like it when we're spinning in his grip


Rainbow Dash glanced up at her bindings. Her forelimbs were constricted by tight metal cuffs, the cold, hard steel cutting painfully into her flesh. Each cuff was fixed with a heavy chain that was firmly secured against the wall. There was no breaking the chains: she’d spent nearly half an hour trying and had received only sore shoulders and cuts to her forelimbs.

She sighed, cursing herself for her own stupidity. The dogs had utterly outplayed her. How could she not have seen that coming? Stupid, stupid, stupid! There was every chance that Scootaloo could still be alive, and here she was, inside a prison cell with no way out. She peered through the bars of her cell at the hefty-looking dog with the battle-axe who was standing guard outside. He hadn’t responded to her antagonising remarks; probably had orders not to speak to her. She wondered if they even spoke the same language.

Once more, the blue pegasus tugged hard against her chains until the pain in her forelimbs grew unbearable. She let out a grunt of frustration. Rainbow didn’t want to give up yet, but she was growing more and more desperate as time drew on. She looked at her left forelimb and wondered how long it would be before she attempted to chew her own hoof off.

*

Pinkie Pie floated between the bars of Rainbow Dash’s cell and the corridor outside it. The cell was a small alcove inside a larger tunnel with metal bars that ran down the front; these were opened via a lever in the tunnel. There was only one guard and he appeared to have all the brains of a skewered pig. If Rainbow got out, she could take him down easily.

Pinkie floated through the bars and inspected Rainbow’s cuffs. They appeared to be locked in place and could be opened with a key... a key that was attached to the guard’s belt on a ring. Pinkie smiled and turned around back towards the guard and jumped when she saw the face of the Gatepony standing before her.

“Mr Gatepony!” she squeaked. The Gatepony was dressed in black wrappings that trailed slightly as he floated towards her. Ripped strands of fabric danced eerily, held up by the spirit’s strange power. A curved, black sword was strapped to his flank and his face was several shades lighter than it had been previously.

“I know what you are about to do,” the Gatepony said. “You need to know that there will be consequences.”

“I don’t care about consequences, Mr Gatepony: I’m going to save my friends,” Pinkie said, her face drawn into a frown, “It’s my fault they’re here. I’ve got to do something, or they’re going to die!”

“Your friends’ deaths were written in fate long before you acted,” the Gatepony explained, waving his hoof dismissively. “You’re not responsible for them being here, fate is.”

“If that was true,” Pinkie said slowly, “then we could forget about ever atoning for what we do. We can’t blame everything on fate – we have to take responsibility for our mistakes. Maybe that’s why you’re still here, when you could be in the afterlife.”

“Saving your friends now won’t change their fates,” the Gatepony said quietly.

“It doesn’t matter,” Pinkie said stubbornly, “I have to try!”

“If they are marked for death...” the Gatepony said, letting his sentence trail off, “you know what will happen to them.”

“And if they aren’t?” Pinkie Pie said.

The Gatepony opened his mouth to speak, but no words were uttered. He glanced down at the ground. “Do what you have to do. I’ll look the other way, but hurry up.”

Pinkie stepped through the bars and took hold of the guard’s keys. She pulled on them and the guard jumped with a start. He looked down and let out a cry when he saw the set of keys trying to jump off his belt.

The Gatepony sighed. He floated through the bars and reached out with a hoof. He placed his hoof over the guard’s face and almost instantaneously, the large dog fell to the ground with a thud.

Pinkie looked down at the dog in horror, “Is he...?”

“No,” the Gatepony said. “Just unconscious. I’ve temporarily shut down his brain, but that’s the last time I’m going to break the rules for you. Do whatever it is you think you need to do and then get out.”

“Thank you, Mr Gatepony!” Pinkie said gleefully.

“I’m going,” said the Gatepony, “plausible deniability and all.” He disappeared into a nearby wall.

Pinkie slowly undid the sleeping guard’s belt and pulled free the set of keys. She carried them back through the cell to the gawking Rainbow Dash who had just witnessed the guard freak out and take a spontaneous and was now watching a set of floating keys fumbling with themselves until they found the right key to unlock her cuffs.

Rainbow Dash dropped to the ground, nursing her wrists. “Twilight?” Rainbow called. “Was that you?”

“No, silly,” Pinkie Pie said, happily, bouncing up and down. “It was me!”

“Where are you, Twilight?” Rainbow said, pressing her head against the bars of the cage. “I need these bars opened?”

Pinkie stepped through the bars and took hold of the lever. She pulled it down, raising the metal bars up into the rock.

Rainbow trotted out of the cage and looked around. “Damn,” she hissed as she tried to open her wings, only to find that they were bound shut by a metal chain.

Pinkie Pie floated underneath Rainbow so that she could examine the blue pegasus as she walked. The pink spirit pony finally found a small padlock and then cycled through the different keys on the ring until she was able to unlock it. The chains fell from Rainbow like dead snakes as she shook them off her frame. She opened out her wings and rose up.

“Twilight, you can come out now!” Rainbow said, then she saw the two patrolling dogs cross in front of her.

They saw her and exchanged glances. They let out high-pitched squeals.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Rainbow shot through the tunnel, slamming into them both. She pulverised the first dog’s nose with a single punch from her iron-like hooves, then slammed the second dog’s head against the ground. She stood over them with Pinkie Pie at her side. “Where’s your chief holding the filly?”

Neither dog spoke. One was utterly dazed, the other was holding a badly bleeding nose.

Rainbow sighed. She reached down and grabbed the dog whose nose she broke. She twisted his arm behind his back into a pressure hold. “Talk,” she hissed into the dog’s ear, “or I break your elbow.”

“Go to hell, pony,” growled the dog. No sooner had the word’s escaped his mouth, an agonising scream followed as Rainbow shattered his arm.

The blue pegasus pulled the dog up and slammed his back against the cave wall. She pressed one forelimb over his neck, pushing him against the wall. “Let’s try again, tough guy,” Rainbow snarled, her free hoof poised just inches from the dog’s crotch, “WHERE IS YOUR CHIEF?”

The dog whimpered slightly, but didn’t respond. He shut his eyes.

“ANSWER ME, DOG!” Rainbow hollered. “WHERE IS YOUR CHIEF?”

“Kiss... my... ass,” croaked the diamond dog.

Pinkie felt her stomach flip. She almost felt sorry for the dog.

Rainbow frowned as she drove her left hoof hard into the dog’s crotch. The creature doubled over, coughing and retching as the pain shot up from his damaged testicles into the pit of his abdomen. Rainbow kicked him across the side of the head, sending the creature rolling across the ground.

The dog tried to crawl to safety, but Rainbow was on him again, pinning him down with one hoof, the other gripping hold of his mauled gentalia. “Next time you give me a wrong answer, I’m going to rip them clean off and you’re going to bleed out. Is your chief really worth losing your life for, or do you really want to die that badly?”

“He’s in a chamber, just off the main quarry,” said the other dog who was lying across the way. He sat up and rubbed his aching head. “The filly is with him. Just... don’t hurt us.”

Rainbow looked down at the cowering dog before her; his bloodied nose, the broken expression on his face. She released him and stepped back. She flew up and out, towards the main quarry.

*

It was almost dark by the time Twilight Sparkle and Applejack reached the cave.

“Rainbow’s been here,” Applejack said, noticing the two unconscious dogs at the cave entrance. “I hope she’s still breathin’.”

“Likewise,” Twilight said, stepping over the guards’ bodies on her way inside the cave.

Applejack stooped down and looked at the tracks on the ground. She bent down and sniffed them. “Rainbow Dash came a’ wanderin’ through this way.” She followed the hoof prints until they stopped, signalled by two much deeper prints from a pony’s rear legs. “She started flyin’ here.” Applejack looked at the cave floor, up and down, trying to get a feel for what had happened.

Twilight stood beside her, “I didn’t know you could track ponies!”

Applejack shrugged, “it ain’t no different to trackin’ anything else that moves.” She bent down and scanned the ground, “I don’t see any little hooves. Scootaloo must a’ been carried inside and she ain’t come out yet. In fact, nopony, or dog for that matter, has in a while.”

“So they’re still here?” Twilight said.

“That’s what I said, didn’t I?” Applejack replied. “N’ to be honest, I find it kinda odd that we ain’t seen no dogs yet.”

“Maybe they’re busy?” Twilight offered.

“Yeah...” Applejack considered, “maybe.”

*

Rainbow blocked the spear thrust and twisted the weapon out of the guard dog’s paws. She snapped it in half over her back knee and stepped forwards to deliver two brutal punches to the dog before wrapping her front legs around his throat. She pulled and pulled against the struggling dog’s neck until he passed out from lack of oxygen to his brain. She threw his body to one side and flew up into the air and into a small tunnel. She had to keep out of sight. As long as none of the dogs knew she had escaped, she had the element of surprise.

Pinkie Pie floated close behind the blue pegasus as she passed out of the tunnel into the main quarry where the dogs were excavating diamonds.
Rainbow took cover up in the rafters and peered out over the ledge. The Chief wasn’t at his throne and she couldn’t see Scootaloo anywhere. “Where are you, you son of a bitch?” Rainbow hissed as she overlooked the working dogs.

“Didn’t that dog say the Chief was in a chamber off the main quarry?” Pinkie said, nudging Rainbow on the arm, but the winged pony didn’t hear or feel her and Pinkie’s face fell slightly.

Rainbow scanned the inside of the quarry until she saw it, a set of thin curtains that covered a small opening at the back of the quarry. “There’s his chamber,” she breathed to herself. “How am I going to get down there without being seen?”

Pinkie looked around. The quarry’s only source of light was the numerous flaming torches that adorned its many walls. She floated up towards the nearest torch and carefully lifted it off its holder. She carried the flaming object back to Rainbow Dash, who by now was wondering what the hell was going on, when she saw the flames suddenly extinguish themselves. The doused torch was laid back next to her.

“Now there’s an idea...” Rainbow breathed, looking at all of the flaming torches.

Pinkie tapped the used torch rod against the stone to get Rainbow’s attention. She waved the implement in front of the blue pegasus’ face and floated backwards with it, beckoning Rainbow to follow her.

Rainbow raised two bewildered eyebrows, “am I seeing things?”

Pinkie waved the rod from side to side, as if shaking her head. She tried to articulate a “come hither” motion with the metal rod and floated towards the next torch. She blew hard, putting out the flame and then moved to the next one, doing exactly the same. By the third, torch, Rainbow had seen the path of darkness that had been created for her by a floating metal rod. She hesitantly crawled out of her hiding space in the rafters and flew slowly after the rod.

Rainbow Dash passed silently over a group of dogs who were operating heavy machinery down below. Cloaked by darkness, she stuck as close to the wall as she could and followed the metal rod down to the ground. She scurried out of sight and hid, with a clear view to the curtains in front of the Chief’s chamber.

“Twilight, if that’s you doing this thing with the... keys and the rod...” Rainbow said, “thank you.”

The floating rod poked Rainbow on the arm.

“Hey!” Rainbow said.

The rod poked her again.

“Cut it out!” Rainbow snapped.

The rod moved around and lightly stroked Rainbow’s mane until she pushed it away. She looked at it with a confused, but not unhappy expression. “Are you Twilight Sparkle?” Rainbow asked the rod. “Give me one tap for yes, two taps for no.”

The rod tapped twice against the ground.

“Okay, are you Rarity?”

The rod tapped twice against the ground.

“Are you any unicorn I know?”

The rod tapped twice against the ground.

Rainbow scratched her head with her hoof. “Are you anypony that I know?”

The rod poked Rainbow once on the leg.

“Ughh,” Rainbow Dash crossed her forelimbs. “I don’t get it. Who are you?”

The rod twiddled itself in mid-air.

“You are here to help me, right?”

The rod poked Rainbow on the leg.

“We’re friends, then?”

The rod poked Rainbow gently on the stomach. It stayed there, unmoving.

Rainbow’s eyes became slightly sullen. She looked down at the rod and placed her hoof over where she thought it was being held, as if by an invisible pony, but she felt nothing. Something was holding it, but there was nothing there. She reached out and tried to touch the empty air in front of her.

A wave of excitement came over Pinkie Pie. She could feel tingles all over as Rainbow Dash’s hoof swept through her body. Rainbow was looking her straight in the eye, but didn’t know she was there. Pinkie used the rod to touch Rainbow’s face, stroking it slightly. The expression in the pegasus’ eyes told her that maybe, on some level, she knew who the holder of the rod was, but perhaps didn’t quite believe it.

Pinkie couldn’t hold herself back. She threw her body against Rainbow Dash and hugged her, wrapping her forelimbs around the pegasus’ neck.

Rainbow Dash felt the rod go behind her back. She slowly reached forwards, as if to grasp the invisible presence in front of her. Her mouth opened and formed the words, but didn’t utter them, almost as if it was afraid to see them leave, as Rainbow was.

Rainbow stood up, “come on,” she said to the floating rod. “We’ve got to get Scootaloo back.”

*

Applejack and Twilight Sparkle reached the main quarry.

“Down!” Applejack hissed, pushing Twilight against the cave wall as two dogs lumbered passed with crates full of diamonds.

“They’re working,” whispered Twilight Sparkle, “you think Rainbow Dash is even here?”

“She’s here alright,” murmured Applejack. “Question is where?”

“Hey, ponies!” a gruff voice shrieked. “Over here! Ponies!”

Twilight and Applejack turned around to see the six dogs that were walking towards them, tongues hanging out of their mouths.

“Pretty ponies!” hollered one dog, raising his hands, greedily.

“Applejack,” Twilight whispered, “fight or flight?”

“Hmm,” Applejack said, looking with a degree of contempt at the large dog who approached her with his vast, dripping mouth, “I’m gonna go with fight!” she whipped her flank around, dug her forelegs into the ground and bucked as hard as her powerful back legs could, slamming them into the closest of the dogs.

She kicked the creature hard against the cave wall, forcing him inside it. As the dog fell forward, bones more shattered than his pride, he left an imprint of his large body in the rock.

The other five glared at the two ponies. More dogs approached from the main quarry.

“Uhh... Twilight?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m startin’ to think that maybe flight would have been a better option!”

*

Love is like a sin, my love,
For the ones that feel it the most
Look at her with her eyes like a flame
She will love you like a fly will never love you again

*

When Rainbow Dash stepped into the Chief’s chamber, she found the dog dancing on top of a table, hollering strange woops and cries whilst twirling a piece of rope around the top of his head. A confused and trembling, Scootaloo crouched below him. The dog was stark naked except for a small piece of cloth around his waist and the ridiculous feathered headdress. He looked up and saw Rainbow Dash walking through the door. His jaw dropped.

A feeling of pure rage washed over Rainbow Dash. Her hooves burned and tightened. Her wings spread angrily. She could almost feel her rainbow-coloured mane searing.

“How did you get out, Pony?”

With a furious roar, Rainbow Dash streaked across the room and slammed the diamond dog Chief into the back wall of his chamber.

“Now, let’s be reasonable!” the Chief pleaded, wincing against the pegasus’ demonic expression, “Blood for blood, you understand, right? I was taking my pound of flesh!”

“Oh I’ll say you were,” Rainbow Dash growled. “More like a pound and a half. You alright, Scootaloo?”

The little brown filly nodded nervously.

“Did this guy hurt you?” Rainbow asked her, trying to control her rage.

Scootaloo shook her head. “Only a little.”

“You just wait there, buddy,” Rainbow said, turning her head back towards the Chief. “Or better yet, see that floating rod?”

Scootaloo hadn’t noticed it the floating rod until Rainbow Dash pointed it out, but once she mentioned it, she saw it, the floating rod, floating before her, clear as day.

“I see it,” Scootaloo said, still trembling.

“You hold onto that rod,” Rainbow Dash said, keeping her hoof tight against the Chief’s throat, “That rod’s gonna get you out of here.”

“You want me to leave you?” Scootaloo said, clearly frightened by the prospect. “I’m not leaving you, Rainbow Dash.”

“Then you might want to close your eyes,” the pegasus snarled as she glared at the Chief.

“Wait!” the Chief wailed. “I’ll give you anything you desire, pony. Anything!”

“CHIEF!”

Rainbow Dash turned around. A group of dogs had brought a restrained Applejack and Twilight Sparkle into the chief’s chamber.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight cried.

“Scootaloo!” Applejack shouted with relief, “she’s alright!”

“Oh great, more ponies,” hissed the Chief, but his voice was silenced by Rainbow Dash, who pushed her hoof against his neck.

“Tell your mutts to release them,” Rainbow demanded.

“Let me go, and we’ll see,” the Chief said.

“No deal,” Rainbow snarled, pulling the Chief into a headlock. She turned around and faced the rest of his pack, her hooves poised to break his neck. “Let them go, or he’s dead.”

“She’ll do it,” Applejack said, “she’s crazy!”

“We know,” mumbled one of the dogs.

“If you do this, Pony,” hissed the Chief, “there will be a war.”

“So then it’s in your best interest to release my friends,” Rainbow hissed in his ear.

“Then blood will go without repayment,” growled the dog.

“Believe me, you have no idea how much restraint it’s taking for me not to kill you right here,” Rainbow said, “I’ve crossed some lines and I’m already going to hell; I’ve got no problem taking you with me!”

Nobody spoke. Twilight stared, open-mouthed at the blue pegasus. She didn’t think she’d ever seen Rainbow so angry before.

Rainbow squeezed harder on the Chief’s throat. “So what’s it going to be, Chief? Let them go, or everyone dies. Your choice.”

The Chief looked at his pack. He looked at each of the ponies in turn. “Let them go,” he finally croaked.

The dogs took the restraints from Twilight Sparkle and Applejack. Scootaloo got up and ran towards them and leaped into Applejack’s protective embrace.

“Rainbow...” Twilight said, looking over to her friend.

Rainbow Dash still had the Chief in a headlock, forelimbs ready to snap his neck at any second.

“It’s over now, sugarcube,” Applejack said calmly. “Scootaloo’s safe n’ we’re alright. Let him go.”

“You heard them, pony,” the Chief hissed.

“What’s to stop him coming after more innocent fillies?” Rainbow asked them angrily. “Give me one good reason why Equestria wouldn’t be a better place without this son of a bitch in it?”

“Because it would make you a murderer,” Twilight said.

“I’m already a murderer,” Rainbow said.

“You can make amends for that,” Twilight said. “You made a mistake. Everypony makes mistakes. I’m sure that the Chief of the diamond dogs understands that foalnapping is something we take very seriously. It’s a mistake I’m certain he won’t make again.”

The Chief nodded rapidly against Rainbow’s grip. “I swear, I won’t ever touch another foal as long as I live!”

“Rainbow, sugarcube, listen to Twilight!” Applejack pleaded, “This ain’t you! I love a good scrap as much as the next pony, but killin’ and whatnot ain’t you. You came here to save Scootaloo. She’s safe now, so let’s go home.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head, “I came here to save Scootaloo, but I didn’t want to come back. You guys go.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Twilight protested, “you’re coming back with us, Rainbow. We need you!”

“There are things I need!” Rainbow wailed, tears now running from her eyes as her rage began to turn into sadness, “ponies I need, but they’re gone!”

Twilight and Applejack exchanged glances. Scootaloo cuddled against Applejack’s leg.

“Get out of here,” Rainbow said. “Go!”

“No,” Twilight said, defiantly. “You have a responsibility to us back in Ponyville. You really think Pinkie Pie would want you to do this? What do you think she’d say if she was here?”

“Rainbow Dash, listen to her!” Pinkie Pie yelled, as she had been for the past few minutes to no avail. She started banging the metal rod on the table.

Twilight, Scootaloo, Applejack, the diamond dog Chief and even Rainbow Dash all turned to see the dancing metal rod hitting the wooden table and sending the debris that was scattered across it all over the floor. Twilight and Applejack exchanged confused glances.

The rod floated over to Rainbow Dash and poked her.

Rainbow Dash gazed at it and mouthed the words she had been afraid to before: “Pinkie Pie?”

The rod poked her once and then pulled away. It floated up next to Applejack. The invisible pony holding it climbed on top of the Applejack, straddling her back like a knight, waving the rod at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow stared across the room at it. Could it really be? Was she watching?

Oh Pinkie...

Slowly, Rainbow released the Chief. The dog dropped to his knees and coughed hard. The blue pegasus floated across the room and stood in front of Twilight Sparkle.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s not me you need to apologise to,” Twilight said.

Rainbow nodded. She picked up the metal rod, turned around to face the injured Chief. She walked over to the dog and extended one of her hooves. The Chief gazed up at her with frightened eyes.

“I’m sorry,” Rainbow Dash said.

The Chief grabbed her hoof and allowed her to pull him up to his feet. “You’re sorry?”

“I’m sorry for killing one of your pack,” Rainbow said sincerely, “If you want to take your revenge, I’ll let you kill me, but only if you let my friends go.”

“Rainbow!” Twilight Sparkle yelled.

“Blood is repaid with blood,” Rainbow said, echoing the words of the Chief. “I accept whatever punishment you have for me.”

The Chief looked at the blue pony and considered. For a few moments, he toyed with the idea of killing her there and then, then killing her friends but then, he sighed deeply and shook his head.

“Go,” the Chief said, “The debt of blood has been repaid.”

“Seriously?” Rainbow said.

“We cannot risk a war between our kinds,” the Chief said. “Better to forgive and to move forward?”

Rainbow Dash nodded, smiling sincerely at the Chief. “Right back at’cha!”

Had anypony been able to see Pinkie Pie’s face, they would have seen it beaming a happy expression.

*

Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word
Fearless on my breath
Gentle impulsion
Shakes me, makes me lighter
Fearless on my breath

The ponies had reached the outside before Rainbow Dash realised she was still holding the metal rod.

“Hah, forgot I even had this,” Rainbow said, admiring the object.

“What in the hell was that old rod anyway?” Applejack asked, glancing down at it. “Just seemed to be moving all on its own.”

“I dunno,” Rainbow Dash said, looking up at the clearing skies as they walked away from the cave. “Must have been a ghost.”

“Ghosts don’t exist,” Twilight Sparkle scoffed.

“I dunno, Twilight,” Applejack said, “I get a spooky vibe from that thing. You should probably get rid of it, Rainbow.”

“Are you kidding?” the pegasus asked, “I’m going to put on my mantelpiece!”

Pinkie Pie followed alongside the ponies until she noticed the pony floating in the clouds. She swallowed hard and rose up to meet him.

*

The Gatepony looked at Pinkie Pie for several long seconds before he opened his mouth. “Do you know why I’m here?”

“Ooh ooh! Is it because you want to tell me how awesome all my friends are?”

“Not quite,” the Gatepony replied, “What you did down there... it was very noble.”

“Thank you,” Pinkie Pie said, smiling sweetly.

“You saved the lives of all your friends and possibly even averted a war between the dogs and ponies,” the Gatepony said.

“Couldn’t be having any wars going on,” Pinkie said. “What’s war good for, after all?”

“Absolutely nothing,” the Gatepony replied, “unless the war is supposed to happen. That war between the dogs and ponies? That wasn’t supposed to happen, but it would have if you hadn’t been there to prevent it.”

“So I guess I intervened?” Pinkie said, raising a hoof in salute.

“That you did, you’ve also, I’m pleased to report, made your atonement. Our contract is over, and I can take you to the Afterlife whenever you are ready.”

Pinkie’s face lit up.

“We can leave now, if you like,” the Gatepony said. “Well, done, Pinkie. You’ve earned your place in Heaven.”

Pinkie jumped up and down, performed cartwheels across the clouds and bounced across the sky until she stopped suddenly.

“Wait!” she said. “If I go to the afterlife, I’ll never see any of my friends again!”

“Yes,” the Gatepony said, “but when you’re in the Afterlife, you transcend the necessity of friendship. You become perfect. Why, you’re not considering staying as a spirit, are you?”

“Is that allowed?”

“Well... technically, yes,” the Gatepony said, “but I don’t know why you would do that.”

“Well, would you?”

“Would I what?”

“Give up what you are to go to the afterlife?”

The Gatepony shrugged his shoulders, “this isn’t about me. What do you want to do? I’m not bound by contract anymore and I can’t guarantee that I’ll ever be back in this dimension. If I get assigned somewhere else, you could be stuck here for a very long time until another Gatepony comes along.”

Pinkie looked down at her hooves. “It would be worth it if I could see my friends every day.”

“And once they all die?” the Gatepony said, “what then?”

Pinkie let out a long sigh, “I’ll have to think about this. Can you give me some time?”

“I’ll be waiting in the clouds above Ponyville,” the Gatepony said as he floated away, “Don’t take too long.”

Pinkie watched him leave and sank into the cloud. Eternal peace and happiness or being able to see her friends every day? What a dilemma.

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Author's Note:

Song Lyrics:

Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
Teardrop - Massive Attack

Lots of Massive Attack songs in this fic. I'm not a huge fan, but I do like them a lot, and I think the music goes well with the scenes! Anyway, this is the penultiamte chapter.