• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 5,956 Views, 292 Comments

Fimfiction Writes Ponies! - Obselescence



What happens if almost one hundred Fimfic users get together to write a single story simultaneously? This happens! Also Lord Apep ate the Sun, and Twilight should probably do something about that.

  • ...
33
 292
 5,956

Chapter Omega 2: Why on Earth would we even

“Wait jussst a minute,” Apep called to the Aht ‘Hurz while glaring at Discord. “I may be paralyzed, but until those accurssssed poniesss finish me thissss battle issssn’t over.”

While her friends looked to each other with looks of confusion Twilight narrowed her eyes menacingly, though secretly she was a little unnerved by what Apep had said.

“You sound like you don’t care whether you live or die,” she said. “Just because we could finish you off right here doesn’t mean we want to.” Her menacing glare lifted a bit. “You may be evil—but, if there’s one thing every god of the multiverse believes in, it’s second chances.” She walked over to the downed serpent and held her hoof out in a friendly gesture. “I can’t speak for all of us, but this mortal shares that belief.”

“Me too,” Fluttershy said, drawing everyone’s gaze, which she shrunk under. “Um, if that’s alright with everyone, that is.”

“I may not approve of your attitude,” Rarity added, “but I’m also willing to share that belief.”

“Meh, Ah reckon Ah can, too,” Applejack added, shrugging.

“We can throw a we-totally-forgive-you-for-being-a-mean-McMeanie-pants party!” Pinkie Pie shouted, and conjured up a crapton of party supplies, letting off a burst of confetti.

Everyone turned to Rainbow Dash, who looked away with disdain. Eventually, the power of peer pressure got to her and she groaned in exasperation.

“Fine!” she shouted. “I forgive him.”

Nodding in satisfaction, Twilight returned her gaze to Apep. “Well, what do you say, Apep?” she asked him.

“All right,” he croaked. “I forgive me too.”

And he snatched them all with his tongue and swallowed them, with which the Spell-Binding Circle immediately vanished.

There was a heavy silence throughout the stadium as every single person’s brain digested what had just happened, just as the Mane 6 were to be digested in Apep’s stomach. With a mighty groan, Apep took a moment to stretch before flashing a cocky smile at the audience.

“Oldessst trick in the ssscr—urk!” Apep was about to praise the sun when he was cut off by a sudden heart attack. He collapsed dead on the ground, his tongue lolling out of his mouth and eyes glazing over.

Twilight’s calculator virus, it seemed, had finally caught up with poor Apep.

Everyone in the stands simultaneously blinked in confusion.

In the stands, Horatio Caine stood up and reached into his jacket, withdrawing his sunglasses. “It appears that Miss Sparkle—” he one-linered, sliding his shades over his eyes. “—has calculated all the variables.”

An anonymous mare with a platinum coat, silver mane and tail, and deep, turquoise eyes in the back row stood up on her hind legs, opened her mouth and screamed at the top of her lungs.

“EeeeeYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

The mare quickly sat back down at all the stares which came her way in response to her random outburst, blushing and silently cursing whatever intangible force had compelled her to do that.

Discord stood and held his mismatched hands up, shouting, “It’s a draw!”

And with that, the nonsense was finished. Praise the Sun!

The (Real) End.

. . . Or is it?

No, it is.

. . . Right?

Sequel coming next week . . . (in) MAYbe.

Comments ( 101 )

wtf they stole my ending I suggested that then it got written of as "cheesy" and then they do it behind my back

I don't believe it...
They said it was impossible...
But here it is, YTP in the written medium!
Now I can die in peace.

10/queen-of-pencils, would be confuzzled again.

This was actually quite amazing. I salute you random authors!

I very much regret not being a part of this. If there were another, I would definitely participate.

Glad to see the spirit of MLP: FiM at the beginning of this chapter ultimately survived this whole colossal train wreck of awesomesauce (it was one of my bigger contributions), even if it ultimately did nothing to help the ponies.

Praise the sun! And praise Apep! :heart:

~The lizardman is glad to have been a part of this insanity

Is this Twitch Plays for fimfiction?

4219360

You could pretty much say that, yeah.

Dammit, I woulda loved to have been a part of this! DX

4218293 I had fun too, even though I only contributed one sentence.

To sum up my reaction

15/10 would read again

4219543 Yes, I know.

~The lizardman has spoken

4219693 Don't care, i'm making sure EVERYONE knows

4219618
Well if Jontron was needed to summarize emotions I need to read this!

4219907
Its from an ask blog called "Hunted Luna" sweet story, though it only recently started.
And nice art.

4220903
It's funny because you kind of didn't spoil it?

Another one of these we should make, with even more users.

Christ, I have been on acid, and I've made more sense.

I WANT TO GET OFF MR BONE'S. WILD RIDE

4220903 thank you for that unnecessary translation

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

4222367
obviously you should have added them kissing :|

:V

Okay, 50 words in and I know this is gonna be good. brb recording my reactions in real time, with my best scottish accent added for comedic effect: pinkiehappy:

Also, Dammit Obs, I would have loved to have been a part of this. :rainbowkiss:

4220511

No, what it should have been is this!

4222548 Are you making a reaction video to this? :rainbowhuh:

~The lizardman demands a link!

4222367

hey I added Snowdrop and Nyx

YOU LIE! YOU LIIIIIIIIIIE!

Now, with my Zim impression out of the way, onto reading the madness I helped create.

4223072
It's refusing to finish processing, (been stuck on 95% for the past half hour :twilightangry2:) but hopefully there will be a video here by the time you look at this again

nemryn #32 · Apr 12th, 2014 · · 1 ·

Dammit, FiMfiction. :facehoof:

Impossible! :rainbowhuh:
A truthfully good story (with lots of randomness) that has a good plot!
Good job FIMFiction. Good job.

Whoo! I made a thing!:pinkiehappy:

4223630 What happened?

Edit: Nevermind, I see. At least I can still view it on your account.

~The lizardman is (no longer) confused

4221501 If we were to do that, one of 3 things would happen:

1: We would make the greatest masterpiece of all time

2: We would never achieve anything by the end of this

3: Some troll would spam pictures EVERYWHERE.

Or some combination thereof.

.... But to be honest, I'm curious on what would happen if we DID continue this.

We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

4223624
Seeing you read chapter 3.9 was incredible.

My proudest work, right there.

cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/37816383.jpg

We have unleashed something we have no hope of controlling :rainbowlaugh:

Well that was an adventure. Surprisingly well structured too, despite the utter incosequential randomness. I've seen fics with effort far less enjoyable in basically every regard, so thumbs up to those who kept it on track without losing the spirit. Good work everypony!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4223624 Your work on Chapter 12 was amazing.

4224979
keep that video in mind as you approach the last chapter.

4225705
Yes, and I'm proud of it. Someone wrote the title of the chapter, but nothing else, so I did. :rainbowdetermined2:

(tomska in a horse mask giving a thumbs up) I love it!

eldorado told me about this, and how you're a stupid asshole for even going through with, and posting this...thing

Twitch plays Fanfiction Writing

4226708
Well aren't you just a little golden ray of sunshine. :twilightsheepish:

Shove it.

4226708
Amen brother
images.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/307162_S/warning-from-the-fun-police.jpg
For all you lunatic kids, trying to do things like have fun. We're watching you... :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

4227120
you do realize that if anyone else posted this thing as a 'collaborative effort' it would be denied, right?
also, mods on this site are a bunch of circle-jerking fags.


4227132
faggots, how dare they have fun?

4227316
I would advise against arguing with a moderator about what would and would not be approved for posting. (Hint: It would've been approved even if a staff member didn't take part in it.)

But go on, keep thinking you know how things work around here.

Login or register to comment