• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 5,956 Views, 292 Comments

Fimfiction Writes Ponies! - Obselescence



What happens if almost one hundred Fimfic users get together to write a single story simultaneously? This happens! Also Lord Apep ate the Sun, and Twilight should probably do something about that.

  • ...
33
 292
 5,956

Chapter 42.5: Crawling in my Skin, These Wounds They Will Not Heal

It was a beautiful day in the land of Equestria, considering the casual disintegration of reality. The fourth wall hadn’t been broken for a quite a while until just now, at which point a minor earthquake occurred.

Anyway, the Mane 6 were gathered at a concert of 13453x platinum recording artist Linkin Logs Park, who’d decided that instead of writing a new album’s worth of songs, they would instead tour their massive galaxy-wide smash hit of Crawling.

That meant playing only the one song.

...47 times to be exact.

"Discord!" Twilight shouted. "What did you do?"

Donning black nail polish, black lipstick, black hair dye, black pants (how does he wear pants anyway), black eyeliner, a black guitar, a black cap, a black nose ring, and somehow black pupils, Discord stared at Twilight as he tried to make out the form of the alicorn through his extra thick and extra dark sunglasses.

“I have done nothing but achieved my dream of becoming the lead singer and guitarist of the greatest band to ever exist in the universe.”

“Wait, what!?” an exasperated Twilight shouted yet again, unable to process the amount of blackness currently in front of her. It was the equivalent of a pony eating nothing but oreos over the course of a week, and then after holding in for said week, releasing a torrent of black hole dark excrement all over Discord.

“What?”

“You tell me! Where is the actual lead singer?” barked Twilight, not like a dog though because ponies don’t bark. Except for Screw Loose, but nopony ever considers her.

“I offered him a paid vacation, for the next 42 years. You know, with the whole meaning of life thing and everything.”

Twilight and co. merely stared at Discord, unable to understand the reference made. Far away, a supercomputer by the name of Earth cackled loudly.

“Anyway, Miss Sparkle, you are just ruining my image right now. Purple is so old news. Black is the new black, white, purple, green, yellow, orange, brown, turquoise, magenta, burnt sienna, or whatever color you might think of in that little insignificant mind of yours.”

Rarity nearly exploded into a cloud of marshmallow fluff at this, and ran back to her boutique to implement a new fashion line catering to this.

“Now then… we have a show to play to all of Equestria. You may watch if you’d like.”

With that, the stage was ripped apart by the sudden shaking of the earth itself.

“Oh, right,” said Discord, floating up into the air. “The fourth wall. We, ah, may want to fix that.”

“Discord!” Twilight shouted. “Do something!”

“Oh, well, that’s beyond my purview,” said Discord. He grinned. “But let me tell you about a good friend of mine who might be able to resolve this. His name, you see, is Apep...”