• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 5,624 Views, 520 Comments

To Dance In Shadow - kudzuhaiku



Rookwood, a magically stunted unicorn, has the greatest wet dream he's ever had. Little does he know his adolescent fantasies may flood Equestria with nightmares.

Comments ( 44 )

Obviously, the solution is to build a giant space mirror. Then he could vaporize them with precision orbital death lasers.

I also hope you go into more detail about the vampires, as they came kind of outta left field. What are they? What do they do they do? Where did they come from? Do they sparkle? Do they need pony blood or any kind of blood? Are they feeding on penguins?

“What’s a blowjob?” Violet said innocently.

That cracked me up.

4539175

They were mentioned over a dozen chapters ago.

Harvest Moon, cursed with sanguine shadow. Mentioned in chapter 27 I think.

4539190

I see that. My questions still require answers! What is the sanguine shadow? Where does it come from? What kind of hoodoo do they do? A form of shadow magic, but I want details! Do they get shadow tentacles? Do they spread by infecting other ponies(or even gryphons or dragons), or do they have go some weird ritual to gain the blessing from this 'sanguine shadow' thing?

And they're feeding through dreams yes? Does this mean they just need to find a source of compatible energy to feed themselves or are they literally sucking blood out of a pony through the dream scape? And again, are they sucking off penguins?

4539369

They are capable of long distance shadow winking, or teleportation. Anywhere the dark is, they can long distance teleport to.

Yes, they are blood suckers.

Vampirism is an aspect of shadow magic gone horribly bad. It only affects creatures who are shadow based, so his flock of vampires are all lunar pegasi.

It could theoretically affect Luna...

4539392

Any blood or just pony blood?

4539423

Ah. I was going to suggest they tie Blueblood to the business end of a fishing line and toss him down de hole.

Of course, if it's any blood then diplomacy becomes far more feasible. Amnesty and profitable employment in exchange for turning over whats his face. They'd make amazing secret agents, particularly if they figure out how to do to others what Luna did to Rookwood and started recruiting from the other tribes.

Hm. Interesting.
And faulty.
The consequences in connection with the ice could be easily avoided with using magic, blocking the water's way.

Am I the only one around who can see this???

-Zeph

4540191

Do they have sufficient power to hold back the water and steam for the years it'd take to refreeze? That is a LOT of mass and energy.

And yes, Tia can raise the sun. However, that seems to be a special power rather than an act of sheer magical might. They'd need to station an army of unicorns and pegasi down there to control it.

And since they're already dealing with the Nightmares forces and whatever the seditious Lords of Tartarus choose to chip in...

thanks for the update!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

A few spelling errors and a couple of small missing words. Other than that though, great work! :pinkiehappy:

need update i love this story im crying i just caught up :raritycry

i hope there is a new chapter soon :)

Me too. But Kudz is already juggling to many stories that I dont worry so much. Whichever one gets an update, I'll read it and be happy. Im reading Blinded by the Sun next, after I read 165 of The Chase.

Any chance this story will receive an update soon?

I love all your stories, but this one and The Chase of course are my favorite :rainbowkiss:

Great story.
Hope to see where it giloes from here.

yeah noticed that as i read further

5558173

I have a way with words, or so I've been told.

Wait... I caught up?.... NOOOOOOOOOOO! This is an amazing story but now I have to wait like the rest of you guys ;-;

mfw there will never be an update to this story ,also one of my favorite storys in a long time

Shame this story has been left alone for so long. Personally, this story is on par with the Chase-verse or Weed-verse stories that kudzu writes. At the same time its been left in such a way that, if the story really is dead, its not that bad of an ending. Dies of into the night, not during any major action or leaving cliffhangers, but with a nice family meal time get-together.

5462624
You know what sounds DIVINE right now?

An update, or at least a blog post for HEAVEN'S sake.

:trollestia: PRAISE THE SUN!

Hmmm, yes, this is quite the test isn't it, oh well. *takes deep breath* inti the depth we go!!! *dives into the dark depths below*

6467559

Chapter 29 is papercuts. Papercuts everywhere.

6467572 awww, i was for suprise. But I'll actually have to read later, Sundays are shopping days for me.

Here's hoping that we can hope to see a new chapter in the future.

Fingers crossed!
6679783

Anyways, after re-re-rereading this, I'm still convinced that this is the best story on FimFiction. I Can't wait for another update!

Love this i wonder if rookwood woukd get along with bucky, i don't know if they would but considering what happened to violet i think bucky himself would be right with him hunting that bitch down.

When will the next update come out, it's been quite a while

I have been drawn in update? Please?:unsuresweetie:

When will this get updated

rest in peperonis this story
it will be missed

Wow. I should have Ben in bed 4 hours ago but couldn't stop reading this!

I love the family byplay between Luna, Celestia, and Rookwood.

I remember reading this story, old friend, and I was hoping to poke you back into it!

Also, HI! IT'S ME, EVIL!!!!

Needs more updates...

I had Forgotten about this story.

Approximately two months until it's been three years since the last update on this story.

6467572 Shame they didn't think to use the gravitational effects of the moon to redistribute the ocean to reduce/eliminate the effects of flooding after a solar flare bombardment. Then just keep the moon located there until the ocean refroze down there.

Great story!!! I love it. Please continue!

Update This! PLEASE!!!

This story is dead. :(

Login or register to comment