• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 729 Views, 26 Comments

Dash to The Sun - Solar Flare_28



Princess Celestia was actually never at the Seapony's realm for a vacation, she was kidnapped by somepony...or ponies. It's up to Rainbow Dash and her sisters to find her, however, the obstacles ahead are unknown and dangerous.

  • ...
1
 26
 729

Who's that?

**Chapter 3**


A cloaked figure walked silently across a forest floor. It stopped in front of a huge tree. Then, it stepped in, simply swallowed by the tree in a flash of dark gray. Well, it was more like the absence of colors. Just like that, it was gone, leaving no trace of life, with the exception of the dense, sunlight-blocking plant life and occasional howling timberwolf.

*~~~~~~~~~*

Three bright colored pegasi pumped their wings as fast as they could for the last leg of the race. They looked like rainbow, orange and white blurs as they raced across the sky. Poomf!! The cloud they'd landed on burst into tiny bits, which floated off, then dissolved. They glanced down before completely letting go, and plummeting towards another cloud. They spread their wings and glided onto it, righting themselves in midair.

"I win!" Rainbow Dash called to her sisters across the cloud.

"No way, I do!" Both Solarflare and Rainstorm said back at the same time.

Then, they turned to each other and Solarflare said, "Nuh-uh, I win."

"Ha, in you guys' dreams! I won and you know it."

After about thirty minutes trying to decide who won, they sullenly called it a tie and went to their room in the Canterlot suites to shower, then go out for some well- deserved lunch.

Later that afternoon, Rainbow Dash, Solarflare and Rainstorm were heading out of Mary's Diner, when they spotted a shadow in an alleyway. With not much to do in Canterlot (Luna had insisted that, for some reason, they stayed there), they had spent much time exploring the massive city, almost memorizing the streets' many twists and turns.

"Hey, look over there! Who's that?" Rainstorm asked in a hoarse whisper.

"I dunno. Let's follow them!" Solarflare answered, happy to get an excuse to sneak.

Rainbow Dash had already spread her wings and was hovering silently over a figure cloaked in black. Soon enough, the ponies were following the mysterious pony through the alleyways, but there were some they didn't recognize. That was strange, though, because they'd seen all of them while flying and racing above the clouds.

It seemed like the pony was never going to stop, until the pony reached a dead end. Rainstorm looked up to see that her sisters had looked up too, and after exchanging glances, they discovered that the pony was gone! They would've detected any movements the pony had made to turn and run off, but after searching for a full hour, it was obvious that the pony wasn't in Canterlot anymore.


"Well, that was a waste of two hours." Solarflare said, her face slightly annoyed as the group touched down swiftly on their balcony.

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash agreed.

"Oh, Celestia, my wings ache!" Rainstorm complained.

"Mine too." Solarflare said.

"Now that you mention it, yeah, they do hurt." Rainbow dash agreed, once again, then said, "Well, we HAVE been flying around for the past two hours!"

When the group went inside to rest, they gathered on Rainbow Dash's bed to talk about the cloaked pony they'd seen in the allyway. They disputed on wether to tell Luna or not.

"No, but what if she thinks we're lying?" Rainstorm asked.

"Believe me, Luna will believe us since she knows (more or less) who's behind this!" Solarflare countered.

"Well, maybe, but-" Rainstorm was cut off by the sound of somepony snoring.

"Dash, what do you think?" Solarflare asked as she shook her sleeping sister.

"No.. Mom, one more minute..." Rainbow Dash mumbled.

Rolling their eyes, Rainstorm and Solarflare told Rainbow Dash, "Dash, it's Summer Vacation. We don't have school."

Still nothing.

"You know what, we'll just go to see Luna and get more information out of her without you."

Shooting out of bed, Rainbow Dash galloped to the door and said, "Well, what're you waiting for? Let's go!"

After exchanging glances, Solarflare and Rainstorm followed behind closely.

Author's Note:

Well, I didn't have this ready by yesterday, and this is just another filler, sorry, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Working on the next chapter!

-Solarflare