• Published 1st May 2014
  • 3,217 Views, 207 Comments

When the Everfree Burns - SpiritDutch



Gods and horrors from the past have come back to haunt Equestria, but politics and petty power plays threaten to bring the pony nation down. While the world hurdles past the brink of darkness, Celestia's successors fight their inner nightmares.

  • ...
15
 207
 3,217

PreviousChapters Next
About the Author: Long Play

Thank you for completing Act One. As of 7-7-17, Only Act One has undergone revision and improvement. Check back later or forge ahead.

Author's Note:

~To celebrate the completion of the first act of 'When The Everfree Burns', the Manechester Review is proud to have this special edition dedicated to the author behind the magic, Brother Long Play.

Coming from a wealthy, if troubled family in Canterlot, Long Play enjoyed the splendor of imperial era Equestria. Growing up with fast friends, including some you may see in his epic historical fiction 'When the Everfree Burns'. Names like Manered and Vinyl Scratch, who inspire fear and awe to ponies up to this day. However at the age of fifteen Long Play was compelled to leave Canterlot to search for a new life.

Long Play arrived in our fair city of Manechester in the year 993 SS. It was here that he studied to become a monk in the Our Fair Celestia of Grandeur Monastery, committing to a life of silent contemplation. However, that was insufficient for the young stallion, and he was among the founding members of Manechester University in 999 SS.

Besides an impressive purview in the knowledge of music, Long Play has dedicated a bounty of time to the study of history. The ponies we contacted at MU said that the running joke is that this insatiable thirst has kept him alive long past a normal pony. Indeed, we at the Manechester Review would like to congratulate Long Play on 139 years.

This humble paper is proud to be the ones bring you the sum of this great stallion's knowledge, serialized and edited in a historical fiction epic. We furthermore look forward to your continued patronage of this humble paper, as we continue to bring you more of 'When the Everfree Burns', as it continues into the second act.

See more on Page 4.

HOW TO SPOT A DISSIDENT. Page 8.
CROWN INTERVENTION IN GRIFFANY? MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK. Page 20.

PreviousChapters Next