• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 3,330 Views, 48 Comments

Umarekawari - Ravings1



When a young man dies while protecting his friends life. He wakes up in a very familiar world, one he did not expect to be real.

  • ...
18
 48
 3,330

Deathly Reveal

Zach laid on the couch peacefully, still dreaming. However, his peaceful rest was rudely canceled as music blasted throughout the house again, now worse then before.

"HOLY FUCK!" Zach yelled as he fell off the couch. Luckily, the music drowned out his cry. On the floor, he pushed his hooves to his ears as hard as he could to try and keep the music out of his ears. He laid there for a while before the music suddenly turned off, relieving Zach of the pounding music. He slowly picked himself off the ground, his ears still pounding. One thing was for sure, he was wide awake.

"Aw, c'mon Tavi, not again!" Zach heard Vinyl say from the kitchen.

"Vinyl, please, I said not to wash the dishes so loud." Came Octavia's voice. Zach made his way to the kitchen, and sure enough, both Vinyl and Octavia were there, Octavia leaning against the dubstep dish washer. Octavia saw that Zach was awake. "Oh, morning Silver, sorry for the rude awakening."

"It's fine, I didn't go deaf... yet." He said. "Besides, I needed to get up. So, I guess I can thank Vinyl for that." Vinyl smiled, but Octavia simply rolled her eyes.

-------------------------------------

The three ponies walked through ponyville, having nothing to do for today. Zach had a strange feeling though, however he tried to ignore it.

"Thanks again for breakfast Octavia and Vinyl." Zach thanked the two. "You didn't have to serve me breakfast though."

"Hey, it's cool Silver, we did because we wanted to, and because we're friends." Vinyl said, Octavia simply nodded her head.

'I didn't even know I earned her friendship.' Zach thought. They continued to walk before a horrible scent hit their noses.

"Oh, what is that horrible scent?!" Octavia asked, placing her hoof over her muzzle.

"Ugh, it smells like..." He took the scent into consideration for a moment. "... a corpse?" He said, recalling how a rat corpse smelled like when he was dissecting it for biology. Zach was suddenly hit on the side with enough force to send him flying. He crashed into Twilights library, sending books everywhere. Once all the flying paper settled, Zach saw a wide eyed Twilight staring at him in complete shock. "Hi Twilight." He said, getting up. "We have a problem." Once he was back on his hooves, he ran out the door. Outside, he saw the umbralings again, back for another attack.

Octavia and Vinyl were no where to be seen, but what he saw shocked him. Standing there was a black creature, it looked somewhat like a tadpole. It had white eyes, which were looking at Zach and it was balancing itself on its two arms. Zach knew exactly what this thing was.

'Deathly?! But how?!' He question, but he couldn't dwell on it, as Deathly made its way to him again. He regained his senses as he prepared to do battle with the creature. He shot a laser at it, but it didn't seem to do much. Zach let out a small yelp as he moved out of the way, as Deathly tried to ram into him. It turned back towards him, moving its tail so that it was facing towards Zach. It began to shoot black sludge like projectiles at him. They were moving too fast for Zach to dodge them all. Two of them hit, the sludge began to burn him, causing Zach to yell out in pain. It soon fell off, relieving Zach of the pain.

Zach eyed Deathly, it doing the same.

"I don't know how you're here Deathly," Zach said. "but you are not killing me!" Zach said shooting more lasers. Deathly simply charged through them, Zach tried to move out of the way, but it was too late. Deathly rammed into him, sending him to the ground. He was burned by simply touching Deathly. The creature was about to go for him again, until a pink laser struck it from above. It winced in pain, looking for the source of the laser. It soon found it, Twilight was flying in the air, shooting some of her own lasers at Deathly. It took one last glance at the white alicorn, before setting its sights on Twilight, shooting her with the black sludge.

Zach picked himself off the ground, rubbing his head from where Deathly had rammed into him. He then heard something stomping towards him. Looking up, Zach was looking at another umbraling, only this one was different from the others. It was much taller than the others, it had what appeared to be scales covering its arms and legs, more of these scales covered the front of its torso and the front of its head.

"Oh, I'm guessing you're the upgrade." Zach said. The armored umbraling charged at him, catching him off guard with its speed. It kept pushing Zach until it rammed into a house. The wall of the house fell in, revealing two mares hiding in a corner. They both screamed at the sight of the umbraling. Zach tried to lift it up with his magic, but couldn't. "To heavy..." He thought as the umbraling picked him up by the neck, it slammed him into the ground, then into the the fridge of the house, then finally, chucking him back outside, allowing him to hit the ground hard.

The umbraling then turned towards the two mares, this struck fear into both of them, but one of them decided to do something about it. She grabbed the nearest thing in her magic, a roller, holding towards the umbraling, trying to protect her and her sister. The umbraling was about to move towards them until a laser to its back caused it to stop, letting out a deep grunt. It turned around, seeing Zach facing it, he shot off another laser, but the laser had hit the umbraling's protected front, not doing anything to it, and keeping him from gaining a charge.

The umbraling charged again, ramming into him. As Zach recollected himself, he started to smash his hoof against the umbraling, but not doing much. After a certain number of hits, the armored umbraling finally let out a grunt of pain. Zach didn't expect this, looking at his hoof, he saw that his hoof was encased in red magic.

'Another ability?' Zach questioned. He decided to leave it alone for now and continue his assault on the umbraling. He brought his hoof back and hit the umbraling on the side of the head as hard as he could. This delisted in two things, one, the armored umbraling stopped his charge no instead help his head in pain. Then two, Zach gained a charge from his attack. 'Eight damaging hits to gain a charge, got it.' He thought while smiling, having been counting.

The umbraling recovered from its pain, now looking at Zach with the intentions to kill. Zach saw this and got into a battle position.

"Better save this for Deathly." He said to himself, as the armored umbraling took a step towards Zach, before being blasted away by a blue beam. Zach just stood there, wide eyed as the umbraling was sent flying to his right. He turned towards rthe source of the beam, and saw Vinyl with her bass cannon.

"Thanks Vinyl!" He said after a moment. "Also, do you know where Octavia is?" He asked. Vinyl simply pointed to where she was, when Zach turned to look, his eyes went wide again. Laying around her were either dead or unconscious umbralings. But Zach was sure they were the latter as he watched Octavia began to choke one, until it fell unconscious. As she let it go, she got back up onto her hooves as she dusted herself off. She soon saw Zach staring at her.

"...What?" She asked. Zach tried to say something, but was unable to form words at what he just witnessed.

"I, ug, deh, eh." He shook his head, as he headed off in a different direction. After a moment of running, he saw Twilight fall, not far from him. She was covered in the black muck, she was hurt, badly. He went over to her, using his magic to wipe off the sludge from her.

"Thanks... Silver." She gasped out. Zach just looked at her with concern, but more sludge hit him. Looking right, he saw Deathly again, with hardly any damage.

"Okay Deathly, you want to play that game, fine." Zach said under his breath, but unintentionally loud enough for Twilight to here. Zach ran towards Deathly, as it shot more projectiles. He dodged as many as he could, but most had hit him, but he didn't allow that to slow him down. When he was only a few inches away from deathly, he activated his charge. Just as deathly swiped for him, he launched into the air.

Deathly looked up at him as he began to turn. It then caught on to what Zach was doing, as it tried to get away from him. Zach saw this and began to aim towards it. Zach slammed into the ground, not as close to Deathly as he had hoped, but he was still close enough to send the monster flying. Deathly landed painfully on its back, as it scrambled back to its claws. As Zach rose up from the epicenter of the blast, he ran towards Deathly.

When he was close enough, he encased his hoof in magic, as he punched Deathly on the side. He noticed how he wasn't burnt from Deathly's corrosive body, as he hit deathly again. As Deathly recovered, it swiped at Zach aiming for his head, but missed as Zach moved out of the way, instead, it had hit his horn. He yelped in pain as he backed up, pain shot through his skull, not only that, but Zach felt the buildup of the change just vanish.

Zach growled as he ran back to Deathly, this time, encasing his hind legs in magic. He turned around and bucked Deathly in the face.

"Fuck you!" Zach yelled as Deathly recoiled from the hit. He then turned back around and shot Deathly with three lasers. As Deathly recovered, it charged at Zach, ramming into him. It stopped, allowing Zach to fall to the ground, all the while he body burning from being in contact with Deathly. As Zach picked himself up, an umbraling swiped him across the face, drawing blood. Zach then faced the three umbralings and one armored umbraling.

As one jumped towards him, he moved out of the way. Zach encased his hoof as punched the umbraling in the side of the head. It stumbled back, as the armored one moved in, trying to punch Zach. However, it's attacked were slow, so he was easily able to dodge them, until he ran into another umbraling. This caught him by surprise, allowing the armored one to nail him in the side. Zach stumbled from the hit, as it knocked some air out of him.

He recovered quickly enough to move out of the armored umbralings charge. He then shot two more lasers at its exposed back, he then turned around and bucked an umbraling running at him, giving him a charge. As he fought the umbralings, he saw Deathly heading for him. Thinking quickly, he activated his charge, launching off into the air, just mere moments after Deathly had tried to ram him.

Deathly looked around, trying to spot Zach, not realizing he had gone up. As he landed, the umbralings were killed and deathly was torn apart. As Zach rose from the blast, he saw Deathly still standing, but on shaky arms. As it looked back from the ground at Zach, it's eyes started to shut as it fell to the ground, having suffered to much. Upon seeing this, Zach fell into his flank, the battle exhausting him. But he managed to give a smile.

-------------------------------------

A little later, the rest of the umbralings were defeated, whether they give up and fled, or they were killed. Zach was at Twilights for the moment, resting after the fight with Deathly. Twilight was out right now, doing some errands.

"Deathly... how the hell is one of my drawings alive, here in Equestria?" He said to himself. "It's just... weird, I'm appeared in Equestria, those things attack on the same day, and then Deathly comes out and attacks..." He said with a sigh.

"AHA! I knew it!" Twilight said for behind him. Zach jumped up in the air screaming, as if he had witnessed a jumpscare. He landed back down, but lost his footing and fell onto his back. As he regained his senses, he slowly back up. "I knew there was something off, I could tell when I saw you yesterday. Now fess up! Who are you and how do you know about that creature?" Twilight said, Zach had backed up into a wall, now she was in his face.

Zach just looked at her wide eyed, he looked around, trying to find a way to get away from her, but he knew he was stuck. He sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I'll tell you Twilight, I'm not about to hurt you just to save myself from this. My name is not Silver Shield, it's Zach. I'm not from Equestria, I wasn't even a pony originally. Back from where I was from, I was just an average human, with an average life. One day,I was with my friends, and we were attacked. I decided that I would rather protect my friends then meet their demands. I died doing so, and when I woke up, I found myself in the Everfree Forest, turned into an alicorn." He said.

"And how did you some of our names?" Twilight asked.

"That... okay, don't freak out or anything. But from where I'm from... you're not real, none of this is, it was all just fiction, on a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I know pretty much everything from the show, your first day in Ponyville, your fight with Nightmare Moon. Discord, Sombra, Chrysalis, you coronation and even when you went to the... other human world. I'm not from the world, but all of that, was on the show... unless none of that happened." Zach said. Twilight just looked at him with her mouth opened.

"No... all of that happened. So, all of this... was just made up in your world?"

"Yes, how the creators of the show just... guessed this stuff right is beyond me."

"And what about the creatures?"

"Well. The tadpole like one was Deathly, the others, I have no idea what they were."

"How do you know what it is?"

"It's... back at home, I used to draw every now and then, and Deathly, it was just a drawing, how it was here and alive, I have no idea."

"Oh... what about your magic?"

"I'm... not too sure about that. I don't get it either, how I have magic that even you said you can't perform." He said. "So there you go Twilight." Zach said. After a moment, he saw Twilight offer him a hoof, he looked up at her confused before taking it as she helped him up. Looking at her, she had a small smile on her face.

"I'm sorry I had suspicions, I just felt that the attacks were somehow linked to you. I thought... you were bad."

"It's fine Twilight, you had a right to be suspicious." After a moment, Twilight pulled him into a hug, Zach happily hugged her back. They moved away from the embrace.

"Well, I should tell our friends about this... unless, you don't want me to." She said.

"They deserve to know... and if you can, Vinyl and Octavia as well." Zach said, smiling, Twilight smiled back, before heading out to fetch their friends.

-------------------------------------

"... and that's about it." Zach concluded, retelling everything from earlier to his friends.

"That's..." Rainbow began.

"AWESOME!" Vinyl finished. Zach was shocked before shaking his head.

"Of course, why didn't I expect this?" He asked Twilight, who simply giggled. Their friends then gathered around Zach, except Octavia, Rarity, and Twilight.

"So you sacrificed yourself for your friends?"

"What kind of music do humans listen to?"

"Do they party just as much as us?!"

"GUYS!" Zach yelled, stopping the questions. "Look, I'm happy that you don't think of me... too differently. But I have personal space, and your invading it." He said. The mares apologized as they backed off. "Also, I'm tired, I just want to rest for a bit." He said, as they completely understood. At least he could be himself again, it was somewhat hard to pretend to be a full on Equestrian.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one took so long, I had recently gotten RPG Maker VX Ace, so I was fooling around with that. I'm hoping to make a Umarekawari game with it, but I'm still looking for a way to get Zach in as a pony, put in the Umbralings and a bunch of other stuff. If you guys had experience and could help with the spriting, that would be awesome. Thanks!