• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 3,328 Views, 48 Comments

Umarekawari - Ravings1



When a young man dies while protecting his friends life. He wakes up in a very familiar world, one he did not expect to be real.

  • ...
18
 48
 3,328

Meeting the Locals

Zach slowly moved through the dense forest, snapping his head to anything that moved or made a sound. The forest made him tense, knowing what kind of creatures lived here, so he kept an even pace. Not to fast to provoke a chase, and not to slow to become an easy target. However, no matter how fast or slow he moved, he felt as if something was watching him on his journey, making him feel even more uneasy.

"I swear, if Slender Mane is here, I... I really don't know what I will do. I know he is canon. *sigh* Hopefully he's not here." Zach said to himself. He was surprised that he had not been attacked once... other than that haunting feeling, nothing eventful was happening. He was happy to know that this could potentially be a peaceful trip... until he heard a low growl. Turning to his left, he saw its source. A small pack of timberwolves, lead by a considerably larger wolf. "Oh... this is bloody brilliant." Zach said, doing his Demoman impression, even though this was one of the worst times to do so. As the pack of three slowly stalked towards him, he decided to use a threatening approach.

"If you know what's good for you, you will run!" He yelled to the timberwolves, who in turn, began to bark at him, which caused Zach to loose all confidence in him driving these monsters off. "Sooooo... see ya!" He said before running in he direction of Ponyville, provoking the wolves to give chase. While running, Zach tried to use his magic, but his lack of knowledge on how to use said magic may have been his downfall. "C'mon magic. Work! Beams, lasers, explosions, I don't care, just something to give me a fighting chance!" He said, trying to focus on his magic, assuming magic worked in such a way.

"Okay, something simple... uh, levitation! One of the simplest forms of magic! But on what... branch!" Zach said while stopping on a tree with a somewhat thick branch. He concentrated on it, imagining it moving to his will. Sure enough, the branch was covered in a crimson red glow. He then proceeded to start wiggling it off the tree, just as he heard the wolves closing in on him. With a loud crack, the branch came off, but surprisingly, it was not as heavy as Zach expected it to be. Remembering how much trouble Sweetie Belle had lifting a broom when she was practicing her magic.

'Huh, must be because I'm an alicorn.' Zach thought, but he had no more time to ponder on it, as he saw one of the timberwolves appear from the darkness. It then lunged at him, its mouth open, ready to bite down. Thinking fast, Zach swung the branch at the wolf, landing a successful hit and knocking it off course. Thanks to its body being made out of wood, the wolf shattered upon hitting the same tree that Zach took the branch from. The second wolf then appeared and lunged as well, catching Zach off guard, causing him to fall to the ground. The wolf was only inches away from his face, the only thing between the two was the branch.

"Holy fuckshit! I didn't think these things would smell this bad!" Zach commented on their breath. Zach, looked around, trying to find something to help him. Just as he did find something, the wolf began to snap at his face. "Oh, put a sock in it! Or better yet, a rock!" He said as he threw a rock into the wolf's moth. The creature stopped trying to bite down on Zach and instead tried to cough up the rock, but failing to do so, and soon, collapsing. With the two wolf's dead, Zach quickly got up, knowing what was coming next. As soon as he got up, he received a wooden paw to the side of his head, causing him to stumble. But he regained his senses quickly and attacked himself, swinging the branch at the large timberwolf. However, upon making contact with the wolf's head, the branch splintered into millions of pieces, but it did damage the head.

"Holy crap..." Zach said, bringing what was left of the branch to his face. As the wolf went to bite him, Zach went with the more practical approach and punched the animal in the mouth. "You broke my branch over your hard-ass head!" He went to swing again. but the wolf caught his hoof in its mouth, and proceeded to bite down. Zach grunted at the pain, but he did not let that stop him, as he used his other hoof to start pounding on the head. However, when the first hit landed, Zach felt a strange tingling feeling in his horn, but Zach chose not to pay it any mind.

"LET. GO. OF. MY. LEG!" He yelled, as he kept up his assault. Soon, the wolf had enough and let go of Zach, its head severely damaged, but Zach did not let it go so easily. He took the wolf in his magic, and chucking towards a tree, causing it to shatter just like its followers. Zach breathed heavily, trying to regain his breath. He looked at his bloodied hoof, luckily it was not severe, the wolf had only chomped down on him. The bite marks would heal on their own with time. With the wolf dead, Zach wanted to know what this tingling feeling was in his horn. It was strange, because it only begun to happen when he had hit the timberwolf. Now it was more intense now that he had hit it multiple times. Was this something that occurred with all alicorns, or just magic in general, or was it something more?

"It's probably just with me using magic for the first time. Maybe all unicorns go through this." He said to himself, hoping it was not something dangerous. "Well, back on my way now." He said as he continued his trip to Ponyville, limping a little with is hurt hoof.

-------------------------------------

Zach was now sure that he was near Ponyville, he had been walking for a while now. The tingling in his horn had gone away a minute after it had occurred, and the pain in his hoof was dulling. Soon, he saw the edge of the forest, which he was grateful for, he began to review what to be carful of when he got into Ponyville.

'Okay, no quotes, no talking about my world, no saying they are cartoons, just pretend you are new here. Alright.' He sighed upon exiting the forest. The only way not gain suspicion was to not be himself, which is easier said then done. Observing his surroundings, he noticed that he was near Fluttershy's cottage, just as he had expected. He knew what direction to then take to get to actual Ponyville. But just as he started to head in the direction of Ponyville, Zach suddenly get a horrible migraine. He clutched his head as he fell to the ground.

"What... the hell...?" He asked though the pain. He was hearing some sort of sound, it sounded like... mumbling? He couldn't make out what was actually being said, even if he could, he would be more focused on the pain he was experiencing. Soon, the mumbling stopped, as did the migraine. Zach, slowly pushed himself off the ground. "What in the absolute hell?" He questioned. 'Okay, that can't be because of my magic usage. I'm getting a bad feeling about this. First was the feeling of something watching me, then the tingling in my horn, now this migraine and mumbling?' Zach thought, as he began to grow worried.

-------------------------------------

Zach had made it into Ponyville, but he was receiving looks from the residence their, most likely because he was an alicorn. He could see some of them talking amongst themselves, knowing the talk was about him, as some of the ponies eyes never left him.

'So it's not weird when Twilight was walking around Ponyville as an alicorn, but now that I am here, everone here starts to talk about it... then again, she was here before she became an alicorn, but still-' His thoughts were interrupted as he had bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." He said.

"No, I'm sorry, I was caught up in my book." Said a familiar voice, Zach looked towards he bumped into, and sure enough, it was the purple alicorn.

'Well, speaking of Twilight.' He saw that Twilight had dropped her book when they had collided. So he picked it up from the ground. "Here, you dropped your book." Twilight looked at the book, and took it in her own magic.

"Thank... you?" Twilight had begun, but only now did she actually see Zach.

'Oh, boy.'

"You're... an alicorn?"

"Uhhh, yes?" He answered, hoping to not make her suspicious, but like being an alicorn walking into Ponyville was not suspicious.

"If you don't mind me asking, but who are you?" She asked, that's when Zach realized something he had forgotten.

'CRAP! I forgot to make up a name! Uh, uh, uh, wait! My cutie mark is a shield, so something like, uh...' "Silver Shield!... Yes, that's my name." He put on a forced smile, but Twilight already looked suspicious.

"Okay... So, where are you from?"

"I'm... from... from..." Zach was beginning to panic, there was no way out of this question, Twilight was most likely going to find out that he was not from Equestria. He opened his mouth to answer, but a shriek of pure joy suddenly startled both of them. Zach wasn't evan able to question what it was before he was tackled by a pink blur, causing him to yelp in surprise. Looking up from the ground, he saw who had pinned him.

"Oh my gosh! A new pony! Hi! My name is Pinkie Pie and I'm Ponyville's number one party planner and *GASP* you have wings and a horn! That means that you're an alicorn! OH! Your welcome to Ponyville party is going to so fun! C'mon!" Pinkie Pie said all in one breath. He then grabbed Zach's hoof and started to drag him to presumably Sugar Cube Corner. Zach was just grateful for Pinkie interrupting, he was safe from Twilight... for now.

'Thank heaven for Pinkie Pie.' Zach thought, allowing himself to be dragged.