• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 2,857 Views, 107 Comments

15 Years - Mattricole



After fifteen years have passed since their meeting, just what are the lives of the former Cutie Mark Crusaders like?

  • ...
15
 107
 2,857

Diamond Tiara

Perfect, Diamond Tiara thought to herself. She had just finished working on a brand new set of diamond earrings that was specially ordered from Prince Blublood of Canterlot. She had used some of the most expensive diamonds she could find, and had settled on a price just above 2,000 bits.

Unlike most ponies, Diamond Tiara made something of herself. Not only was she the owner of Barnyard Bargains, she owned her own jewelry store, Dazzling Diamonds. Both businesses had become incredibly successful, and Diamond Tiara was well on her way to becoming the most successful, and wealthy, jewelry store owner in all of Equestria.

“I think I deserve a break from all this hard work,” Diamond Tiara said with a smile. She got up and walked into the main room of the building, spotting her assistant trying to sell a wedding ring to a potential customer.

“Alula, I’ll be heading out for a bit! Take care of the store, alright?” Diamond Tiara said.

“Huh? Oh, alright,” Alula muttered and waved her off, quickly going back to the customer with a smile.

Customers are always our number one priority. Good job, Alula, Diamond Tiara thought with a smile. She then exited the building and made her way to Sugar Cube Corner. When she finally did make it she went straight up to the counter.

“Good morning, Diamond Tiara!” Pinkie Pie shouted, causing her to wince. “What can I get for you today?!”

“How about a pair of ear plugs?” Diamond Tiara muttered.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Diamond Tiara. We don’t sell ear plugs, we sell sweets!” Pinkie Pie giggled.

“Of course,” Diamond Tiara replied. “In that case, I’ll have a dozen donuts consisting of chocolate, glazed, powdered, and plain. I’ll also take one glass of strawberry milk and a glass of chocolate milk to go.”

“Oki doki loki!” Pinkie Pie shouted as she went through the bakery gathering the order. “Here you go!” Pinkie Pie said as she hoofed the order to Diamond Tiara. “That’ll be seven bits!”

“Here, keep the change,” Diamond Tiara said as she hoofed over thirteen bits and took her order. “See you later, Pinkie Pie.”

“Bye, Diamond Tiara! Say hello to the Mrs. for me!” Pinkie Pie said, causing Diamond Tiara to growl.

“For the last time, Pinkie Pie, we’re not married!” Diamond Tiara yelled with a blush before quickly running out of the store, almost dropping her bags on the way out.

“Oki doki loki!”

“Ugh, if I hear her say that one more time,” Diamond Tiara growled to herself. “Whatever. I better head back, she’ll be by any minute.” Nodding to herself as she began her trek back to Dazzling Diamonds. After a minute she finally made it back to the store and quickly rushed into her office, setting the box of donuts and drinks on her desk. “Alula, did she come by while I was gone?!” Diamond Tiara yelled.

“Huh? Oh, no. No, she didn’t!” Alula yelled back. Diamond Tiara smiled as she sat down on her chair.

“Good. That means she’ll be here in the next few minutes,” Diamond Tiara giggled. She’s lucky I’m willing to wait until she gets here. Otherwise I’d probably eat all these donuts by myself! she thought with a grin, licking her lips in sweet anticipation. She began tapping her hoof against the table, counting the seconds by. Seconds quickly turned into minutes, and minutes quickly turned into an hour.

“Any minute now,” Diamond Tiara muttered, occasionally glancing at a nearby clock. Hour and a half. “Okay...no...big deal,” Diamond Tiara said with a strained laugh. “I’m sure she’ll be here riiiiiiiiiight….now,” she said as she pointed at her door. “Now. Now. Now! NOW!” she repeated to no avail.

For another thirty minutes she sat there, yelling at her door just waiting for her to show up. Realization quickly dawned upon her. She was stood up.

Diamond Dazzle Tiara was stood up.


“WHERE IS SHE?!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she grabbed a nearby bartender and slammed his body against a nearby table.

“I-I don’t kno-”

“You’re lying!” Diamond Tiara yelled as punched him across the face. “I know she was here!”

“I-I swear to Celestia-”

“SWEAR TO ME!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she threw him through a nearby window. She quickly followed and grabbed him by the ankle, preventing escape. “I’m only going to ask one more time! Where. Is. She?” Diamond Tiara growled, causing the grown stallion to whimper.

“S-Scootaloo didn’t pay her bill. S-she’s chasing after her as we speak,” he whimpered, earning a growl from Diamond Tiara.

“Scootaloo...you will pay,” Diamond Tiara growled as she walked away from the bartender. “But first things first.” She leapt to the top of the building, surveying all of Ponyville. It didn’t take her long until she spotted her pray, a scowl adorning her face as she watched Apple Bloom chasing down a somewhat drunk Scootaloo. Diamond Tiara bit her lip in irritation until a droplet of blood trailed down her lip.

She is going to pay for this. Oh, she will pay. she thought to herself as images of Apple Bloom tossing and turning on the uncomfortable couch danced in her head. Diamond Tiara would make sure Apple Bloom realized the consequences of not attending their weekly lunch dates. And Apple Bloom would have nopony to blame but herself.


“Scoots! Git back here and give me mah money!” Apple Bloom yelled as she grabbed some nearby rope and began turning it into a lasso.

“I’ll pay you back later!” Scootaloo shouted back, earning a glare from her friend.

“No, yer paying me back now!” Apple Bloom yelled as she began twirling the lasso around, aiming at Scootaloo’s legs. “Ah got cha now, varmint,” Apple Bloom muttered as she was about to toss her rope, when a chill ran up her spine. She quickly dropped the rope, glancing all around her as fear gripped her heart. “W-what is this ah’m feeling?” she asked herself.

“You missed it,” somepony whispered in her ear, causing her to freeze instantly.

Oh no.

“You missed our date.”

Oh no. Oh no! OH NNNOOOO Apple Bloom screamed in her mind, for her lips refused to move. Trembling uncontrollably, she slowly turned towards the voice. There she was, eye to eye with one incredibly angry marefriend.

“HOW DARE YOU?!”

“Don’t kill me!” Apple Bloom cried as she leapt away from Diamond Tiara. “A-ah swear ah didn’t mean-”

“How dare you abandon your one true love?!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she slowly made her way towards Apple Bloom.

“Sc-Scootaloo didn’t pay her bill! Ah was just trying to catch her!”

“Oh! I see how it is! So getting your money is more important than spending time with me?! Is that how it is?!” Diamond Tiara asked. Apple Bloom quickly shook her head.

“N-no! Not at all! Ah just forgot-”

“Oh! So our date is so unimportant that you’d forget about it so easily?!” Diamond Tiara asked. Apple Bloom stared in awe, trying to come up with something, anything, that would get her out of this mess. Eventually a small smile appeared upon her face, and she began to chuckle humorlessly. Despair washed over her as she resigned herself to fate.

“Ah’m sleeping on the couch, aren’t ah?”

“Yes, yes you are,” Diamond Tiara confirmed, causing tears to spill from Apple Bloom’s eyes.

“Ah thought so,” Apple Bloom said with a sigh. She slowly turned her head in the direction where Scootaloo ran off to. Scootaloo, yer gonna pay fer this. Nopony, not even mah closest friends takes away mah cuddles, Apple Bloom thought as she plotted her revenge.


“What if ah said ah love you?” Apple Bloom asked before biting into her donut.

“Nope.” Diamond Tiara replied without even looking at her.

“What if ah gave you a massage?”

“You don’t even know how to give a massage!” Diamond Tiara yelled angrily. “Seriously, last time you tried you sent me to the hospital!”

“Ah said ah was sorry!” Apple Bloom said defensively. “Ah know what ah did wrong, just let me-”

“The answer is no!” Diamond Tiara yelled as she threw a donut at Apple Bloom, earning a glare.

“Yer a child.”

“And you’re sleeping on the couch,” Diamond Tiara said with a smirk. Apple Bloom growled as she slammed her head onto Diamond Tiara’s desk. “Careful, that’s made of real mahogany. Not the cheap kind you keep at the bar.”

“Sorry,” Apple Bloom mumbled into the desk, not really caring. Who cares? Ah’m already sleeping on the couch, what more could she do? “Alright, how about this-”

“Oh? Tempting offer, but no,” Diamond Tiara growled.

“Ah didn’t even say anything!” Apple Bloom shouted angrily.

“You were going to offer free drinks at the bar, weren’t you?” Diamond Tiara asked. After a few seconds of no reply she knew she had her answer. “Yeah, I thought so,” she said with a smirk.

“Ugh! Isn’t there anything that ah can do?!” Apple Bloom asked. “What if ah got ya a puppy?”

“No.”

“A cat?”

“Already got some pussy.”

“How about a- Seriously? Are ya serious?” Apple Bloom asked, disgusted and slightly disturbed.

“Hey, it shut you up, didn’t it?” Diamond Tiara asked with a shrug. Apple Bloom sighed for the hundredth time that day.

“Why? Why are we even dating?”

“Let’s see,” Diamond Tiara muttered, scratching her chin in thought. “I’m hot. I’m funny-”

“HA! Best joke ah ever heard!” Apple Bloom said sarcastically.

“...Two days on the couch.”

“OH COME ON!”

“Now where was I? Oh yes. I’m independent. Have a fantastic fashion sense. And most of all, I’m hot. And that’s why we’re together,” Diamond Tiara explained.

“Tch, like that answered mah question,” Apple Bloom muttered.

“Alright, fine. You tell me why we’re dating then,” Diamond Tiara said as she leaned back into her chair. This should be good.

“W-well...ah don’t know!”

“You don’t know why you’re dating me?” Diamond Tiara asked. “Wow. Just...wow. And here I thought we were ready for the next step,” Diamond Tiara said as she looked away sadly.

“N-next step?” Apple Bloom asked as she stared at Diamond Tiara in awe. S-she couldn’t mean...could she?

“Yeah, but since you can’t even tell me why you love me…” Diamond Tiara trailed off as she stood up and walked past Apple Bloom. “I guess we’re just not ready,” Diamond Tiara muttered sadly, though the smirk that adorned her face said differently.

“N-not...ready?” Apple Bloom muttered, her left eye twitching uncontrollably.

“Yup. Maybe in a year or two. But, as of today, we’re definitely not ready,” Diamond Tiara said clearly, leaving no room for arguing. “Well, I gotta go back to work. Bye, Honey!” Diamond Tiara said as she gave Apple Bloom a peck on the cheek.

“Not...ready?”

Diamond Tiara silently left the room, leaving a broken Apple Bloom behind. “Three.”

“Excuse me, Ma’am, but could I trouble you for assistance?” a stallion called out.

“Be right there, sir,” Diamond Tiara called out as she walked up to the customer. Two.

“Yes, you see, I need ALL YOUR MONEY IN THE BAG!” he screamed as he pulled out a knife, pointing it at Diamond Tiara’s throat. “AND NO FUNNY BUSINESS.”

“Oh, please don’t hurt me,” Diamond Tiara muttered, a smirk adorning her face. One.

A scream so loud resounded throughout the store, shattering glass cases and causing everypony, except Diamond Tiara who was used to this, fall to the floor in pain.

“Night night,” Diamond Tiara said as she picked up the villain and punched him in the face, knocking him out instantly. “Tuesdays. Why is it always Tuesdays?” Diamond Tiara asked herself as she headed towards the phone. “Alula, order more glass for our jewelry. I’m calling the guards.”

“Huh? Oh, sure,” Alula muttered as she got out a catalogue of glass containers. “You know we could just get a security guard. Probably be cheaper than having your marefriend screaming at the top of her lungs.”

“Hmm. I guess that’s true,” Diamond Tiara said as she dialed for the guard. “But it’s so much fun to pick on her! She makes it way too easy!” Diamond Tiara chuckled. “Oh, yes. Guards? Yes, it happened again. Two minutes? Great, see ya then.”

Poor Apple Bloom. Must be tough having such a sadistic marefriend, Alula thought to herself as she got out a broom and began gathering the glass on the floor. It was at that moment when she remembered their childhood and all the things Apple Bloom did to get her cutie mark and realization hit. I wonder if Apple Bloom’s a masochist? That would explain why all her ideas for a cutie mark resulted in self harm and explains why she’s dating Diamond Tiara, Alula thought as she looked at her boss. The Sadist and the Masochist...what a lovely couple, Alula thought sarcastically.

Whether Alula’s musings were true or not, the world may never know.