• Published 23rd Oct 2011
  • 5,393 Views, 43 Comments

All's Fair in Love and Prank Wars - StarkyShy



A 2nd-person story starring you and pranking queen, Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
6
 43
 5,393

Chapter 4-Turnabout Prank Wars

Day after day, you’ve visited her. It always was the same routine. You’d visit her, and ask how she’s doing. In fact, you were the only one that visited her daily. Sometimes you’d be there with Twilight or Rainbow Dash or one of her other friends, but you alone went every day to visit her. Even going so far as to bring her little gifts now and again. It might have been a guilt thing, but you were always there for her. And during those visits, something inside of you kept building up. No matter how hard you tried to push it down, it just came back stronger. No matter how you worded it, it always would end up the same.

It’s only because I’m taking care of her. Like a mother to a child. And the mother...loves...the...child...Like...er...uh...darn. Now you couldn’t deny it.

You had fallen in love with Pinkamena Diane Pie.

How you had developed these feelings, you had no exact idea. Maybe it was because you took the role of caretaker and just wanted to see her happy, maybe it was of how cute she was, and you just liked her looks, maybe it started the day you met her and it just grew from there. Whatever the reason, it was clear now. You looked at your calendar, it was the day Pinkie’s amnesia was supposed to wear off completely. Luckily, Pinkie’s memory seemed to grow back gradually, remembering Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Gummy...Yeah, everyone except you. She recognized your face, but barely remembered who you were. As you exited your door on your way to see Pinkie, your brain started fighting with itself.

What if she doesn’t love me? What if she still doesn’t even remember me entirely? No, don’t be ridiculous. She will remember you. But still, what if she doesn’t love me back? Who cares? You need to get this thing off your chest. But what if she laughs at you? And all her friends laugh at you? No, that’s being ridiculous. She’d never...but what if she does? Just do it, dude. Do it right now! Tell her, and if she doesn’t remember you, she probably won’t remember what you said, and if she does remember you today, that’s great!

You were at the door again. This time, you were here to see Pinkie for another reason. As you walked up the stairs to her room, it seemed that your brain stopped thinking and something else kicked in and started doing everything for you. You got upstairs to see Pinkie, playing with Gummy who was biting a balloon.

“Pinkie, I need to tell you something.”

“Ok, what is it?”

“Pinkie...” You started, your brain finally started working, and then started fighting. Stop yourself right now, and maybe it won’t be too late.
“The thing is...Well...Uh...” You had never had so much trouble with your words since you were a foal in the school’s spelling bee. “I...Um...”

You have no idea what compelled you to do what happened next.

You moved in close to Pinkie Pie, and planted your lips on hers. You felt your heart race faster than the speed of sound, and yet all time stopped for you. Your brain shut off and you let your body take control, enjoying the feeling of Pinkie’s lips touching yours. You closed your eyes and adrenaline rushed through your body making your tail unconsciously wag.

What surprised you is how amazing you felt. It was if you were flying and your body was made of helium, and you were just going higher. What also surprised you is that Pinkie made no attempt to break the kiss.

You finally released your lips to get air, your face completely red with embarrassment, hoping that Pinkie didn’t hate you.

Oh damnit why did I do that?

You both stood there awkwardly, none of you moving a single muscle, none of you making eye contact. After 5 minutes of pure uncomfortable silence, Pinkie decides to speak.

“...You had a lot to say, didn’t you...rival?”

That word ‘rival’ rang through your head. You remembered the only times she used that word was after one of you pulled a prank...That means...

“You remembered?”

Pinkie brushed one hoof with her other. “Well, it seems that it’s time that I have to tell you something...See, I never had amnesia in the first place.”

Wait what now?

“You see, it all started when you accidentally blew me up...” You cringed, remembering that horrible memory. Pinkie continued.

“I sure didn’t expect it, but I figured it was the work of you. So, I quickly planned a counter-prank as I lay there after the giant boom! So, I faked amnesia to trick you, but I guess that something else I didn’t expect happen.”

“Wait, what now?” You shouted, your mind trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

“Well, I expected you to just feel really guilty, but...I never really expected you to really care about me...I’ve liked you...a lot...for a long time.” You could see the blush growing on her face, but your brain was a bit to busy frying trying to comprehend the fact that the entire past week was a giant counter-prank. “And...with all the time you took taking care of me, I hoped that...well...you really liked me too...”

You just stood immobile, completely dumbfounded, your mouth agape in disbelief, your eye involuntarily twitching, your brai-yeah, it’s short circuiting. Oh my, i-it’s setting off sparks like crazy! Dude, I’m serious; your brain is almost on fire. You couldn’t believe it. Not only did Pinkie pull a massive prank on you, but also you just realized that Pinkie was in love with you as you were in love with her.

“So...will this make up for all of this?” As soon as those words left the mare’s mouth, she took you by the cheeks and locked lips with yours. Your brain finally started working, and despite all that happened, you felt pretty good. Your doubtful feelings were gone, and for the time being, everything was alright.

You closed your eyes, and let the feeling of Pinkie kissing you take over your body. You felt Pinkie’s hooves moving from your face down your neck, eventually wrapping themselves around your back gently rubbing themselves up and down your fur. You poked your tongue through your lips and entered her’s, loving the taste of her sugary mouth. You felt your tongue gingerly tap Pinkie’s, and soon you felt both your tongue rubbing against each other. You moved one of your hooves and waved it blindly, searching for Pinkie’s body. You made contact with her body, and slowly traced down her side, feeling her shiver with your touch. Eventually, you two had to stop, taking a big gasp for breath.

You two looked at each other, a smile adorning both your faces. You let out a relaxed sigh.

“Yes, Pinkie. I... guess it does.”

Pinkie blushed and grinned from ear to ear.

“Oh, good! I...I guess I was afraid that you wouldn’t like me if I said that...I loved you...” Her grin changed to one of embarrassment.

“Pinkie, it’s alright now. You said you loved me, and well...I said I loved you. And...uh...” You forgot where you were going with that statement. Such a way with words.

“Well, we both said we loved each other, right?” Pinkie tried to rerail your train of thought.

“Y-yeah...”

“And that’s all that matters, right?”

You gave a weak grin. “Yeah, that’s all that matters...”

You placed your hoof around Pinkie’s shoulder, holding her close to you. As your cheek made contact with hers, you remembered something. Something that you hated to admit was true. Pinkie Pie still bested you in the Prank War. You sighed. You didn’t want to surrender, but you had to admit, your new fillyfriend did something you may never top.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie...”

“Yeah?”

You lay your head on her shoulder. “I concede. You’re the superior pranker.”

She giggled her trademark giggle. “I knew you would.” You stayed in her bedroom for the rest of the day snuggling her, but at the same time, dreading the consequences of war.