• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 5,885 Views, 157 Comments

Bigger Than Mac - DraconequusMaximus



Spike & Big Mac have gotten pretty close over the years, bonding while the girls were off saving the world. They finally admit their feelings for one another, as soon as Spike comes of age, but they hit a snag in their relationship. A BIG one.

  • ...
63
 157
 5,885

Meeting Mommy

Spike and Big Mac held one another for several minutes before separating. Spike finally noticed his mother standing in the background and motioned for her to come closer with a claw. He turned back to Big Macintosh with an apologetic look on his face.

"Mac, I hate to put you on the spot like this, but my mother wants to meet you. Like, right now." Spike said guiltily. He directed Mac's attention to the regal white alicorn walking down the dirt path.

"You gonna be alright talking to her?" Spike asked the normally silent stallion.

"Eeyup..." Mac said sounding less than sure of himself.

"I'll be right here with you. You've got nothing to worry about." Spike said similarly uncertain.

Celestia's arrival was taking seemingly forever. She was walking at a normal pace but time was taunting them it seemed. The pair was silent as she continued to wear the practiced smile she had perfected over the ages. After what seemed like an eternity the mare stopped a few feet away from them.

"Glad to see the two of you are still on good terms, I knew it'd take more than that to scare an Apple away from someone they loved. I've known many of your family throughout the years. Always good, honest, hard-working ponies." The princess said before offering Big Macintosh a gilded hoof. The stallion shakily accepted the hoof and shook.

"I'd introduce myself to you, but we both know it would be pointless. However, since you are very important to my son, you may simply call me Celestia. I don't like unnecessary formalities." Celestia said while she donned a much more natural smile.

It could only be described as... sunny. Big Mac thought to himself. His tension lessened, but he still felt that this was going to get serious again soon. His suspicions were confirmed as the smile slipped into an unreadable expression.

"I would love for this meeting to be nothing but a happy occasion, but I know you heard Discord's words. I regretfully admit that Discord was being entirely truthful in what he said about dragons. Dragons are nearly immortal as I, my sister, and Discord are. Unless we are slain we will endure the ravages of time. You however, are not destined to withstand the ages. Will the two of you enter a relationship despite this?" Celestia said with eyes that gradually seemed to dim as she spoke.

Spike had never seen his mother like this, she hardly seemed like his mother. She seemed like something ancient, her words stung, but he could tell they were true and that she had lived them. Spike looked to Big Macintosh, and Big Macintosh to him. They looked into each others eyes and knew their answers. They turned back to the princess to tell her.

"Eeyup." Was all they needed to say. The light seemed to come back to the princess's eyes and her smile returned brighter than before.

"I'm very happy to hear that, though that wasn't quite what I expected." She said before lighting her horn, after a moment a small but elegant table materialized in front of them. Two chairs soon followed, accompanied by an ornate teapot, cups, saucers, and a sugar bowl. She ushered Big Macintosh to sit in the chair opposite her. He complied and seated himself.

"What, I don't get a chair?" Spike said jokingly.

"Maybe I'll have somepony make you a chair that could hold a metric ton." Celestia retorted as she poured herself and Macintosh some tea. Spike snorted smoke at the joke.

"You know it's all muscle now though, no more baby fat." He said as he flexed his bicep, he took a moment to raise his scaly eyebrows suggestively at Big Macintosh. Macintosh would have taken a moment to thank his maker for being too red to blush properly, had she not been sitting across from him. Celestia rolled her eyes and giggled a little at their exchange. She took a drink from her cup and turned back to the boys.

"Now then boys, I do like the idea of changing the barn into a house for the two of you, but do you have any specific idea of what's needed?" She asked looking over to the recently repainted barn.

"Ah was jus' cleanin it out for now, I still need Spike's... erm, measurements an' such before Ah did much else." Big Mac said, trying to make that sound the least suggestive he could.

Celestia nodded her agreement. In another flash of light a tape measure was summoned along with what seemed to be an immense bathroom scale.

"Spike, if you would." His mother prompted him to step onto the over sized device. It groaned in protest as he did so causing him to frown. He looked down to the numbers and felt almost sick.

"T-two thousand, nine hundred and thirty-seven pounds. How is that even possible? I barely weighed twenty five pounds the last time I was weighed." Spike said seemingly in denial.

"Muscle weighs more n' fat." Mac said trying to comfort the dragon.

"He's right Spike, there doesn't seem to be any fat on you, like you said. Dragons are powerful creatures with incredibly dense muscle, I've literally seen one run off with the Equestrian Royal Treasury. The whole building! It was before we moved the capital to Canterlot." Celestia said waving a hoof in the air for emphasis.

"How'd ya get it back?" Macintosh asked.

"We didn't, I couldn't take it on alone. It was only three weeks after the Nightmare incident, it knew we were vulnerable. The economy collapsed, took centuries to recover. Erased it from the history books, they were dark times." Celestia said remarkably nonchalantly.

"I'll make a killing in the moving business in a few centuries." Spike said with mock enthusiasm. "Let's just get the rest over with."

Right on cue, the tape measure came to life in his mother's aura and did it's job. It measured him from the tip of his snout to the arrow of his tail. When all was said and done Spike was still fairly self conscious about his new found size now that it had been put to numbers.

"I'd like to send you boys some help as soon as you draw up a plan based on these figures. Consider it a birthday present, Spike." Celestia said before floating a piece of paper with Spike's measurements under the yoke that Big Mac wore for safe keeping.

"Now, as much as I'd love to spend more time with the two of you I have to be off. Luna can only last for so long without threatening an unruly noble. You two should come to visit every now and then, if you have any trouble you can't handle just send me a letter." Celestia said while banishing the assorted objects back to wherever she had summoned them from.

"A pleasure meeting you Macintosh, take care of my boy please." She added with a smile.

"Yes ma'am." Macintosh said raising a hoof to his forehead in salute.

"See you later mom, try not to overwork another pastry chef." Spike said with a cheeky smile.

"I haven't had anything sweet all day thank you." She said before lighting her horn and vanishing, leaving nothing but a whiff of ozone.

"Yer ma isn't gonna secretly make me disappear or anythin' right?" Mac asked slightly worried.

"Meh, probably not, unless you call me a filthy lizard. I still need to talk to her about that maid." Spike said completely seriously.

"What?"

Author's Note:

Okay, so not my best chapter probably. But it is what it is. Not gonna lie, even I feel like it was a little rushed. I had originally planned on an intermission chapter about the mane 6's awkward walk/conversation about the recent developments. It didn't turn out well, so I scrapped it.

Next chapter is in the works, but not quite ready to ship off to my editor.

Speaking of which, as always, edited by TheAlmightySqueeb