• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 3,626 Views, 33 Comments

Titan of the Depths - Blackdragn18



What do you do when your crew leaves you to die? What do you do when the news keeps getting worse and you're now a monster in a mysterious world?

  • ...
3
 33
 3,626

Night vs Tide

“Halt brute!” Looking up Twilight and Spike were surprised.

“Luna?” Twilight asked in shock.

“Indeed,” The lunar princess landed in front of them. “My sister heard the guards weren’t doing well and has sent me to detain the beast.”

“But Luna-“

“Fear not Twilight Sparkle.” Luna turned to glare at Nautilus as he picked up his anchor. “This beast shall not harm you again.” She then charged at the titan.

“Luna wait!” Twilight tried to call the blue alicorn back. “What does she mean hurt me again?”

“Have you seen your face?” Spike asked.

“What?” Twilight summoned a mirror in front of her. “Oh no.” Her eyes widened as she saw the large red mark on her cheek. “But that’s not his fault.”

“You may want to tell that to the princess.”

“What was that?” Nautilus groaned as he picked himself up. The titan looked in the sky to see a pony similar to Twilight in the air. It then landed next to Twilight and began to talk. Nautilus looked around until he spotted the anchor. Grabbing it and returning it to his shoulder he turned in time for another blue laser to smash into his chest, forcing him back.

“I suggest you give in now,” the blue pony said as it came to stand a few feet in front of him.

“Are you Celestia?” Nautilus asked as he recovered from the attack.

“So you can talk?” the alicorn looked at him in surprise. “I am Princess Luna, guardian of the night.”

“Great.” Nautilus prepared to throw his anchor at her.

“As I said, it would be wise of you to surrender.”

“I can’t be arrested right now.” Nautilus then threw the anchor at Luna. The princess was unimpressed as she quickly raised a shield, the anchor bounced harmlessly off it.

“Is that all?” Luna’s horn glowed. “Let me show you an attack.” A beam of magic then shot at Nautilus. Unable to react in time he took the shot head on, being forced back several feet before it dissipated.

“That it?” Nautilus said as he recovered. Yanking the chain he quickly retracted his anchor.

“I’m surprised.” Luna nodded at him. “Few could remain conscious after that attack, let alone continue to stand.”

“Trust me, it will take a lot more to stop me.”

“Very well.” Luna’s horn began to glow again. Taking the chance Nautilus threw his anchor, Luna easily dodged. The anchor flew past the princess not even grazing her. “You missed.”

“Wait for it.” Nautilus then quickly yanked on the chain.

“What?” Luna turned around to see the anchor flying back towards her. Before she could do anything the weight smashed into her chest, the alicorn was sent flying back before landing next to the titan. Taking the opportunity the giant grabbed her by the head.

“Do you concede?”

“Never.” Luna then kicked him in the face. Nautilus didn’t flinch.

“Now are you done?”

The pony didn’t respond, instead her horn began to glow. Eventually it created a nearly blinding light before there was an explosion. Nautilus was sent flying back into a nearby house. Getting up the titan looked himself over. When his eyes fell onto his left arm he was shocked, the entire forearm and hand were black and singed. His attempts to move the limb offered no results.

“That has to hurt.” He looked ahead to see Luna walking towards him. She had several cuts along her body.

“Not particularly.” Nautilus scanned the area for his anchor.

“Looking for this?” Luna levitated the anchor next to her.

“Give that back.”

“Of course.”

Using as much magical force as she could muster the princess threw the anchor at Nautilus. She kept her magic grip on the chain, planning to yank if back after it hit the titan. What she hadn’t expected was for him to catch the projectile before giving it a hard yank. Caught off guard Luna was pulled in. As she neared Nautilus he took the opportunity to hold out his good arm, Luna ended up slamming into it and falling to the ground.

“Good try.” Nautilus raised a foot before slamming it down where Luna’s head was. After the loud thud his foot made upon contact with the ground the titan raised it to find nothing but a large footprint underneath him. “Agh!” Nautilus knelt down in pain.

“I’m not some insect to be crushed.” Luna growled as she walked towards the weakened giant.

“Could have fooled me,” Nautilus said as he began to slowly stand up. “It would appear we are even.”

Nautilus’s left arm was singed and unresponsive, several chunks of his body were gone, and his chest had a massive dent in it. Luna wasn’t much better. Her muzzle was bleeding, she was covered in cuts, blood, and bruises.

“I’m afraid not.” Luna’s horn then began to glow. The alicorn was enveloped in a blue aura, after a few seconds most of her minor wounds began to heal. She was unable to fix her muzzle and some of the deeper cuts.

“Impressive,” Nautilus said before bringing his anchor down on Luna.

“Not that simple,” The princess said smugly as she teleported behind him.

“Stop doing that.” Nautilus grunted with effort as he attempted to pull his anchor out of the ground. It was giving him trouble due to only having one hand.

“Having trouble there?” Luna asked smugly as she watched the titan struggle. “What are you going to do without your weapon?”

“I don’t need it.” Nautilus released the anchor before turning and bringing his fist down on the princess.

“That still won’t work,” Luna said as his fist smashed into a shield she created.

“Fine.” A glow suddenly appeared around the titan’s torso and joints. Nautilus then lifted his right foot before slamming it into the ground. To both combatants surprise several small geysers then burst from the ground around Nautilus.

Caught off guard, Luna wasn’t able to create a new shield in time. One of the several geysers was able to smash into the princess and send her flying back, before she could react another column of water came out of the ground hitting her again, finally she was hit by a third shot before falling to the ground.

“Ugh.” Luna groaned as she weakly stood up.

“Luna, stop,” Twilight said as she ran up to the weakened princess.

“Stay back Twilight.” Luna raised a wing, wincing from the pain of moving it. “This is a truly dangerous beast.”

“You don’t understand, he’s not a monster.”

“Did you suffer a head injury?” Luna looked at her fellow princess in confusion. “That is clearly a monster.”

“Just listen to me.”

“Back away from her,” The booming voice of Nautilus ordered. The giant had finally managed to free the anchor and was glaring at Luna.

“You shall not prey upon Twilight Sparkle today.”

“That is it.” the glow then returned to Nautilus. “You will learn to beware the depths.”

“Let us finish this.” Luna’s horn began to glow. “The night shall prevail.”

Without responding Nautilus slammed his anchor into the ground. A massive geyser of water burst from the ground in front of him, then another appeared a few feet ahead of that. Columns of water continued this, moving towards the princess, gaining speed as they went.

Unimpressed Luna teleported a few feet away as they neared her. She was shocked when the geysers continued to follow her. She continued to teleport several more times, and every time the columns followed.

“What is this?” Luna asked as she teleported again. Giving up Luna prepared to raise a shield. As the water neared her she quickly enveloped herself in a magical sphere. When the geyser finally hit her she grunted in pain as the force from the shot aggressively smashed at her shield. As the water subsided Luna lowered her shield, falling over from exhaustion.

“Luna!” Twilight ran up to the princess of the night. “Are you ok?”

“This monster is powerful.”

“How many times do I have to tell you he’s not a monster?”

“Twilight, get away from that one,” Nautilus said as he began to walk towards the two ponies.

“Nautilus, stop!” Twilight ordered as she stood in front of the weakened princess.

“It attacked me.”

“She thought she was defending her subjects. This is just a misunderstanding.”

“Let me take it from here,” A calm and soothing voice said behind them. Turning Twilight smiled.

“Celestia!” Twilight ran up to the white alicorn.

“Hello Twilight,” Celestia said warmly.

“So you’re Celestia?” Nautilus walked towards the new alicorn.

“Sister be careful,” Luna said weakly.

“It’s ok Luna. Mr. Nautilus here isn’t our enemy.”

“You’re the one that sent those guards to attack me?” Nautilus asked.

“Yes, and I apologize for that. I was unsure of your intentions here, but according to Twilight you’re not a threat.”

“I wouldn’t go that far,” Luna said angrily as she attempted to stand up.

“Careful Luna,” Twilight said. “You need to rest.”

“Twilight’s right, we need to get you home.” Celestia looked over her injured sister in concern. Most of her injuries were beyond the help of a field healing spell. She then returned her gaze to Nautilus. “I suggest you come as well, hopefully we can patch you up too”

“As long as there are no more attacks,” Nautilus said dryly.

“Of course not.” Celestia smiled.