• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 4,073 Views, 102 Comments

A Freshly Cut Diamond- Season 4 - The Lost Episodes- One - Matthais Unidostres



When Diamond Tiara's tiara is destroyed, all of her malice and evil is destroyed with it. Can the Cutie Mark Crusaders bring themselves to become friends with her now.

  • ...
11
 102
 4,073

Cold Open

In the old Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters in the Everfree Forest, Princess Twilight was sorting through piles of books in the library, with Spike's help of course.

"I can't believe it! All these books, lying abandoned in this place to rot away!" Twilight said in a horror struck voice. She suddenly picked up a tome and hugged it close to her chest. "Don't worry," she said in a kind, sweet tone, patting the book gently, "Twilight's here. She'll protect you."

Spike rolled his eyes and groaned audibly as he carried a tall stack of books that was three times his size. "Twilight's we've been at it for hours. It's almost sunrise! Can't we go back home no- WHOA!" Spike suddenly lost his balance, and the tall stack he was carrying wobbled dangerously. He backed up quickly in attempt to re-balance himself, but the topmost book ended up falling off.

Twilight quickly used her magic to catch it, and she levitated it over to her and blew the dust off of it. "Hmm. . .'Dangerous Artifacts'. . .I wonder if it has further information on the Alicorn Amulet, like who made, when, and why." Curious, Twilight opened the book to a random page. "Heh. Hey Spike, listen to this. 'The Tiara of Malice, a deceptively plain looking head piece that corrupts the wearer the moment it is placed on the head. Once worn, the corruption becomes permanent as long as the Tiara is whole. Simply taking off the Tiara does not remove the corruption, although the wearer will develop a strong attachment to the Tiara and insist on always wearing it; although, again, removing the Tiara has no effect on the corruption. Should the wearer die, then and only then will the Tiara be able to latch onto a new host. The Tiara of Malice provides no physical, magical, or spiritual effects. It's only effects are changing the wearer's behavior to an antisocial, often criminal, personality. It also removes the wearer's sense of moral responsibility and social conscience.'"

"Wow, that sounds awful," Spike said, still carrying the stack of book.

"Indeed. This might be even worse than the Alicorn Amulet. Hopefully this thing has already been destroyed," Twilight said, then she brought her attention back to the book. "I wonder if there's an illustration in here?" Twilight turned the page, and gasped in horror. "SPIKE!" she screamed.

"WHOA!" Spike shouted as he fell backwards, books falling around him.

"Spike! Take a letter! Quickly!" Twilight said in a panic, her eyes glued to the book in front of her.

"What is it? What?" Spike asked nervously.

"Doesn't this look familar to you?" Twilight said nervously as she turned the book towards Spike, and pointed a hoof at the meticulously well drawn and colored silver diamond encrusted tiara depicted on the page.