• Published 7th Apr 2014
  • 443 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Has Fallen - ward282



Queen Chrysalis defeats Princess's Celestia, Cadance and Luna. To protect Equestria the Mane 6 are teleported and scattered two years into the future with the Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
8
 17
 443

Closure

Twilight Sparkle entered the domed building, inside there was another set of large double doors connected to a wall that ran around the entire circumference of the building creating a round corridor. Twilight however was not able to walk around the corridor, guards were filed either side of her making the journey through the double doors non-negotiable. These guards carried no weapons, there was no need this deep into the city, as Twilight stepped forward a pair of guards would salute as soon as she was in front of them. Each pair did this except for the final pair who were unicorn guards, these two guards opened the large double doors with their magic. Twilight stepped through these doors into a grand rectangular room, this meant that the corridor behind her also led to other rooms in the building. The room she was in was a courtroom, in the centre was a round pedestal with a statue of a unicorn upon it. Twilight inspected the statue; it was her brother Shining Armour. The statue showed Shining rearer up in a fighting pose, the statue looked so lifelike it felt he was in the room with her. The statue appeared to show Shining in full royal guard armour, some of the armour was dented and scratched. There was a brass plaque with an inscription on it located at the foot of the statue, Twilight read the inscription.

"This statue is dedicated to Shining Armour; Captain of the Royal Guard, who was turned to stone defending his wife; Princess Cadence and the city of Trottingham. Shining Armour gave his life to provide sanctuary, his eternal love provides shelter for us all and will continue to defend us to this day. Gone but never forgotten."

Twilight had to read the plaque several times, she felt empty like someone had just ripped out her heart. Her B.B.B.F.F was gone, only half a day ago she'd last seen him and that hadn't ended well he'd been under Queen Chrysalis's control. Tears ran down her face and she sniffed, her legs felt weak and she couldn't help but climb onto the base of the statue and hug her brothers' leg. A box of tissues was levitating in front of her. Twilight used her magic to pull a few tissues from the box.

"I'm sorry," Twilight said climbed down to the ground.

"Don't be ashamed, I still do the same" a feminine voice replied.

Twilight looked up. It was Princess Cadence, but she looked different as Twilight studied her. Cadence had cut her mane short and she also looked thinner. Cadence smiled softly and outstretched her hoof and then placed it around Twilight, the two of them embraced for some time before one of them spoke.

"I'm really glad you're here, its been so long since I last had someone to call a friend" Cadence said calmly.

"Has it really been two years?" Twilight sniffed.

"Yes, the spell Luna and Celestia cast on you and your friends was one of the forbidden spells made by Starswirl the Bearded."

Twilight left the embrace and stood beside Cadence.

"Come" Cadence said.

The two of them walked away from the statue part of Twilight didn't want to leave. As the two of them approached the side of the room Cadence raised her hoof and tapped a column that was set half in the wall. A door revealed itself and slid open, behind it was a staircase leading down. Cadence walked towards the staircase, they both walked down and came to a guarded door ahead of them. The two guards saluted.

"At ease" Cadence ordered.

Both the guards relaxed but eyed Twilight suspiciously, the room they were guarding must be very important, Twilight thought.

"This is Twilight Sparkle; Celestias' former student, she has access to the War Room and all of Trottingham." Cadence said, "Ensure this message is passed on."

One of the guards trotted off Twilight barely notice him brush past her she'd drifted off in thought when Cadence said former student. Twilight hadn't realised that she was no longer a student, but then it had been two years Celestia would have likely taken on a new student or more likely not have to time to train a new student given they were not at war. The remaining guard opened the doors for them both and they both walked into a large circular room. They were on a metal walkway which was suspended all around the room there were two walkways that met in the middle of the room. At regular intervals on the walkway were stairs leading down to the main level below. Twilight looked down at the main room, there were several ponies surrounding a large table in the middle, the table itself was shaped to look like the landmass of Equestria. On the table were little model buildings and smaller figures a unicorn was using their magic to move some of the figures.

"There are things you need to know Twily" Cadence said, "And it must be me that tells you them." Cadence said in an oddly cold voice.

Cadence walked around to a room that led off from the metal walkway, the room was set into the wall. The room had one door and two glass windows either side, two guards were posted outside.

"No one is to interrupt us" Cadence said to the guards and entered the room.

Twilight followed her new sister-in-law into the room. The room itself was small and was decorated in old posters that promoted the Wonderbolts and the EUP Guard. There was a desk that Cadence sat behind, she then used her magic to pull another chair for Twilight to sit in.

"I'm afraid this isn't going to be easy" Cadence said as Twilight sat, "We're losing the war on several fronts. We've been losing every since Discord turned your brother to stone."

Cadence looked away trying to hide the tears.

"Your brother was able to use his shield spell to protect this city, but it was the only one he could save" Cadence said.

"How did he do it, keep the shield permanently strong if he's.... if he's..." Twilight said trying to force back the tears.

"Your Ponyville friend; Time Turner designed a device that could harness your brothers' and mine love for each other. The device regenerates the shield around the city, making it the only safe-haven in Equestria. There are other cities out there with ponies still living there, but they're constantly at war with the changling army and the abominations" Cadence explained.

"Couldn't Luna or Celestia have helped, they wouldn't leave us to fend for ourselves!" Twilight said shouting because she upset.

"They wouldn't, but that's the thing" there was a long pause, "Celestia was killed soon after she cast the spell."

There was a deafening silence, Twilight tried to speak but her emotions stopped her. Instead tears streamed down her face, there was a high pitched squeal from Twilight and she broke down.


It was nearly half an hour later when Twilight was able to regain herself, Cadence stood over her and caressed Twilight's mane. Twilight felt weak, angry and tired all at once, her eyes were red from crying but the pain in her heart was stronger. She nuzzled Cadence and sniffed repeatedly.

"There there Twilight we were shocked when we found out too" Cadence said her hoof continuing to stroke Twilight.

Twilight tried to make herself small. She couldn't get rid of the pain.

"Twilight I'm afraid it gets worse, Queen Chrysalis took Luna prisoner." Cadence said when Twilight was silent

"Queen Chrysalis destroyed Canterlot" Cadence continued, "she used her army to blow it off the side of the mountain, I watched it fall from here. That was the day I thought we lost hope, but your brother... He wasn't going to let that happen."

Cadence stood up and walked to the office window.

"Your brother, he organised all this" Cadence swept her hoof for effect, "The Resistance."

"When I was teleported here there were those things, those... abominations, what are they?" Twilight said her voice croaky.

"You see that was the one thing Queen Chrysalis didn't count on, the changlings sucked corpses dry and they stood back up. When the changlings absorb all the love in ponies that's what they become; husks, abominations, the living dead. The husks don't care what side you're on, they just bite you and when they do, you become one of them. That helped us slightly, it drew most of the slaughter away from us for a while. That's why Chrysalis kept Luna alive; so she could raise the sun and the moon. You see Chrysalis had to change her army's habits, now they need food and natural light to survive. Instead of killing everyone she keeps anyone who doesn't fight alive."

"Why?" Twilight asked, joining Cadence at the window,

"She wants to start a new empire so she tore down the old, she keeps ponies as her slaves so they farm the land and provide her and her army with food. Places like Trottingham resist, so she tries to eliminate us. Other ponies though, they want to survive so they joined her and now they work for her." Cadence said looking down in disappointment.

"What do we do now?" Twilight asked regaining herself.

"You do not need to worry about that, I've given you enough sorrow for a lifetime and my war council needs me. You're upset, you need time to recover and understand how things have changed since you've been away. I want you to take a few days to get your bearings here, Luna visits me in my dreams and we have plans for you and your friends but you must be well for the journey ahead. Time Turner has agreed to let you stay with him, he will be able to explain some of the plan to you, but you need to rest first and let your emotions go, its okay to be upset." Cadence said, placing a hood on Twilight.