• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 11,167 Views, 68 Comments

The School Life of Spike: Book 1 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike as he faces friends and enemies through out his school years. He'll face fights, break into schools, solving cases, and much more. This is a school life about Spike the human.

  • ...
7
 68
 11,167

Ch 7: The So Called Date

Chapter 7

The So Called Date

Hi, I'm Fluttershy and I love animals. I'm a bit of shy, well, actually I'm really shy. But not as shy as Spike. He is so cute! I never met anyone whose kind, sweet, smart, and funny. But I have a secret… I think I have a crush on Spike. I know he's ten and I'm Seventeen but I never met anyone who is kind to me before. He's just adorable. Oh my, I hope my friends don't know my secret. But I did have lots of time with Spike the other day when we gone out together finding something for Twilight. It started with me at my home having animal issues...

"Do we have anymore food for the animals?" Comet Tail asked looking through the shack. He wears an unbutton yellow shirt with shirt underneath. The shirt has a picture shooting star circling around the front shirt.

"Are we out already?" Lily Valley said holding a hedgehog. She wears a loose shirt showing her shoulders and a white smooth skirt. She wears a decorative hairpin of a white flower.

"I don't see carrots for the rabbits, fishes for the bears, dog food for the dogs, tunas for the cats..." Comet Tail went through the shack and couldn't find a single crumb of food lying around. "We're completely out; the food supply is all gone."

"I guess we need to go to town and get more food then, huh," Lily suggested.

"What's going on," Fluttershy came over to see what was wrong.

She was holding a cub feeding it with a bottle of milk. She was holding the cub like a child of her own.

"The food supplies are all gone," Comet answered. "We've must've over fed them."

"Oh no," Fluttershy said. "We need to go to town and buy more food supplies."

"My thoughts exactly," Lily said.

"But one of us has to go," Fluttershy said.

Comet and Lily looked at each other thinking why would only one would go to town and get food supplies by themselves.

"Why one?" Comet asked.

"I'm afraid that the animals might go loose if we all go together," Fluttershy said. "Besides, the monkeys always have their ways of escaping."

They see the monkeys dancing like fools as one by one was climbing over the fence. They were celebrating their escaping victory as if they broke out of prison.

"I see your point," Comet said. He got three sticks out and held it in his hand. "You know the routine, whoever draws the shortest goes."

Fluttershy and Lily draw the straws as Comet has one left which was his. They open their hands and Fluttershy was the shortest.

"Sorry, Fluttershy," Lily patted her back.

"It's okay," Fluttershy smiled. "I need to go to town anyway."

"What for?" Comet asked.

"Yesterday was Twilight's birthday," Fluttershy said. "I was supposed to give her something yesterday and forgot."

"Okay, we'll keep an eye on the animals," Lily said.

"Thank you," Fluttershy handed the cub over to Lily.

Fluttershy grabs her purse and a white floppy brim hat with a yellow ribbon around it. She waved goodbye to her friends and head off to town.

"It's not the animals I'm worried about," Comet said. As he said it a brown mush plotted the back of his head. He heard the monkeys laughing and clapping behind him. "Please be mud."

Fluttershy was walking on the trail. She looks up to see the clouds and sun beaming down. The brim was shadowing over Fluttershy's eyes making her see well.

"It's such a nice day today, specially for a picnic," Fluttershy said to herself as she grabs a list of things for the animals out of her purse. "There's a lot of items on the list. Maybe going alone wasn't such a good idea. I mean, I was going to town anyway to pick up a gift for Twilight, but this task will take me forever. What did I get myself into?"

She sighed and headed into town.

(Twilight's House)

"You want me to do what?" Spike said sitting in a chair.

"I want you to go to town and bring groceries for me please," Twilight asked kindly as she sat in the couch with her leg crossed over to the other.

"Why can't your mom do that?" Spike asked.

"Because, as an assistant it is your duty to bring me the things we need," Twilight handed him a list of things she needed.

"Twilight, I'm not your slave," Spike said.

"I know you're not, Spike, But it's just this once," Twilight pleaded.

"Forget it Twilight," Spike crosses his arms. "I don't do those kinds of favors."

"I thought you might say that," Twilight took out her phone and played a video of Spike blushing hard. The day where she and Spike broke into the school on his first day.

"You still have that!" Spike cried out.

"It's a good memory of mine," Twilight got up and leans over at Spike. "And if you don't do as you're told, I'll post this video on the Internet."

"You wouldn't dare," Spike said glaring at her.

"You're so cute when you're mad," Twilight giggled. She poked his nose making him blush.

Spike stomps out of the house with Twilight's list in his hand. He started to mumble to himself with rage and headed to town. Twilight watches him walking away angrily. When he was gone Twilight pulls her fist towards her in victory.

"Score," Twilight's eye twinkled. "Now that he's out of the way I can ask Principal Celestia about Spike's past."

She headed to Celestia's house thinking what questions she might say.

"I get the feeling that I'm not going to like hearing Spike's past though," Twilight said.

(In Town)

Fluttershy was walking through town carrying two grocery bags in hand. She was still looking for food supplies for the animals. She still sighs, still looking for Twilight's gift.

"It's hopeless," she said. "I still need a lot of groceries to get, but I can't go back and forth to my house and back to town. What if I forget about Twilight's gift?"

Spike was walking down the streets talking mumbling in anger. He mumbled about how stupid it was for him to go fetch Twilight's groceries for her.

"This is so unfair," Spike said angrily. "I'm not her servant who goes around and do her errands for her. We're just lab partners, that don't mean that she gets to boss me around."

Fluttershy and Spike walk by past each other and gave a big sigh. They stop and turn to see why they were depressed. Then they turn their frowns upside down, seeing together again made their day better.

"Spike!" Fluttershy was happy to see him. As was Spike.

"Fluttershy!" Spike smiles. "What brings you here in town?"

Fluttershy went back being depressed.

"Well, I was going to town to get Twilight something the other day," She answered.

"Oh, like what," Spike asked.

"Yesterday was Twilight's birthday."

"Her birthday was yesterday?" Spike said. "How come she never told me?"

"She celebrates with her family," Fluttershy said. "But what brings you here in town?"

"Getting errands for Twilight," Spike said in a bad moody way. "She treats me like I'm her slave."

"That's not true, Spike."

"Sure she does," Spike continued. "She's making me do her errands for her, not to mention sending me alone."

"So you and me are in a tight squeeze," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, I guess we are," Spike said.

"I got an idea!" Fluttershy burst with a thought. "Why don't we go on a date together?"

"A date!" Spike turned red.

"Don't think of it as a DATE date," Fluttershy said. "We're just going out as friends."

Fluttershy squats down to Spike's height. She pinches his cheek softly.

"Unless you want to go on a real date," Fluttershy teased, seeing Spike redder.

"This isn't a real date!" Spike threw his hood up.

Fluttershy giggles and stood back up.

"I'm kidding," Fluttershy said. "But I do need help with my shopping to."

"Only if you help me gather errands," Spike asked.

"Deal," Fluttershy said.

The two shook hands and walked together shopping around town. They were talking about school and friends. Later they were heading to Rarity's store just for a visit.

They enter the store and saw Rarity sowing a dress on the sewing machine. The bell rings above the door making Rarity turn around. She was wearing glasses and a body measuring tapes over her neck her neck. As she saw the two together she immediately welcomes them.

"Spike, Fluttershy," Rarity greater them. "Good to see you."

"Hi, rarity," Fluttershy said.

"Darling, I adore your hat," Rarity walks over to her and was astonish by her hat. "Where on earth did you get it?"

"I got it for Christmas," Fluttershy answered.

"Did you need anything to go with that hat of yours?" Rarity suggested.

"Actually, we were just visiting," Spike spoke. "We're going shopping together."

"Me and Spike are shopping for food and errands today," Fluttershy said.

"Are you sure you don't need a dress for that wonderful hat of yours?" Rarity asked.

"Nope, just coming by to say hi," Fluttershy said. "And we better go before it gets late. I hate to come home empty handed."

"Well it wasn't much of a long talk," Rarity crosses her arms.

"We're trying to make this fast," Spike said. "Twilight is making me do her errands for her."

"That's Twilight for you," Rarity said. "If you two really need to finishes shopping together I'll understand."

"Thanks, Rarity," Fluttershy said as her and Spike went out the door. "Come on, Spike. Let's continue with our date together."

"Right behind you," Spike said.

Rarity waved goodbye to them and went back sowing her dress.

"How nice," Rarity talked to herself. "The two of them is going out shopping together."

Rarity continues sowing her dress. It was quiet in the store. For a while, Rarity was thinking. As she did she accidentally slides her dress too far across the table causing the sewing machine to rip her dress. The look on her face was in despair. Not because of her torn dress, but the fact that the two were going on a so called 'date'.

"Fluttershy is dating... with my Spike?!" Rarity clutches her dress with jealousy building up in her. "Not with my Spikey-Wikey!"

She throws the torn dress away and went into her room. She enters her closet throwing dresses onto her bed.

"How can Fluttershy do this to me? ME!" Rarity continued her fury. "Is it because I'm not pretty enough? Is it because I'm not cute enough for Spikey-Wikey?"

She puts on a black coat on and a black hat with it. She grabs a pair of sunglasses to go with the coat. She was in disguise not looking like herself.

"It's a good thing I kept this for emergencies," Rarity said heading down stairs. "I have to spy on them to make sure they do anything funny... Or worse!"

She burst the door open turning the sign over saying Sorry, We're Closed.

"I'm coming, Spikey-Wikey!" Rarity cried out.

(At Celestia's House)

Twilight was sitting in the living with Principal Celestia. They were discussing about Spike.

"So I came here because you might know Something about Spike or what's he's hiding," Twilight explained.

"You mean Spike hasn't told you yet?" Celestia said.

"No"

"I was afraid of that," Celestia said shaking her head. "Ever since the first day of school, he didn't seemed happy to me when I first saw him."

"What has happen to him?" Twilight asked. "Tell me about, his folks, his past, anything."

"I don't know about his life," Celestia said making Twilight sigh. "But I can tell you about his parents."

This made Twilight better.

"It started when he was five," Celestia began the tale of Spike's past. "He had a mother and a father. They were good a good family. One day when Spike was supposed to be picked up after school, a terrible car crash had happen. Both of his parents died in the crash. Spike was heartbroken when he heard the news."

"So... Spike's an orphan?" Twilight guesses.

"Yes," Celestia answered.

"I... I don't know what to say," Twilight lowered her head. "But that just tells me half of his past; Also what about relatives?"

"If you want to know about his life, there has to be someone in town who knows."

Twilight was thinking of someone who knew Spike's past.

"I think I may know who," Twilight said.

(In Town)

Spike and Fluttershy was walking down a dirt trail leading to Apple Acres. The two were carrying bags and their next stop was apples for Fluttershy's horses.

"How many animals do you have to feed?" Spike asked.

"Enough to save them," Fluttershy answered.

"I still don't understand why you need this much food," Spike said.

"I can't just let them starve," Fluttershy said.

"You care too much, Fluttershy."

"I'm sorry, it's just I can't let them go hungry. I mean it's a shelter for them and I'm not that kind of person that abandons them and-"

"its okay, Fluttershy, I like it when you care," Spike said making Fluttershy blush.

As they walk down the path, Rarity was behind them. She hid behind a tree watching the two from the distance.

"This is so unfair," Rarity continued talking to herself. "That's supposed to be me with Spike, not Fluttershy. I got to get closer when they reach to Apple Acres."

Rarity sneaks up hiding behind another tree. She watches the two heading to a gate. Spike opens the gate for Fluttershy letting her go first like a proper gentleman.

"That's such nice of you, Spikey-Wikey," Rarity smiles till she thought of Fluttershy. "Dammit, Fluttershy! That's supposed to be me!"

Fluttershy and Spike walks to the barn seeing if Applejack was home. She was in the barn putting a couple of hay up. She grabs a cloth and wipes the sweat off her face.

"Well howdy there, partners," Applejack said. "I would shake your hands, but I'm covered in sweat."

"Applejack, can we grab a couple of apples?" Spike asked.

"Sure, is it for Fluttershy's animal shelter?" Applejack said.

"Yes, would you please give us some apples please?" Fluttershy said.

"Sure, anythin' for the horses," Applejack shows them around the barn with buckets of apples. "Help yourself; take as much as you need."

"Thanks, Applejack," Spike took an apple for himself.

"Anythin' for you, Sugarcube," Applejack kindly said to him.

The two left waving goodbye to her. Applejack waved at them and notices Rarity hiding behind the barn next to her.

"Uh, Rare, what are you doin'?" Applejack asked.

"Shush!" Rarity shushed her. "I'm spying on Spike and Fluttershy."

She resumes on spying while Applejack was clueless.

"Why?" She asked.

"Are you blind?" Rarity said. "Can't you see that Spike and Fluttershy are dating!"

"You're full of it, Rarity," Applejack scolded.

"It's true, Fluttershy said it herself!"

"Okay, so tell me. Did you see anything 'dating' wise of those two?" Applejack asked.

"Spike and Fluttershy are shopping, Spike open the gate for her."

"That could mean anything," Applejack rolls her eyes.

"And by the look of it their now holding hands right now," Rarity saw the two from the far distance.

"Their doin' what now!" Applejack looks where Rarity was looking.

She saw Spike and Fluttershy holding hands together walking down the path. Applejack face turned red of jealousy and rage.

"That two timin' varmint thinks she can handle Spike like that!" Applejack clenches her teeth. "Rarity, I'm comin' along!"

"Great! With the two of us we can confront her!" Rarity said.

"Right! But not too much, Fluttershy is sensitive you know," Applejack said.

"But of course, dear."

(Zecora's House)

Twilight was sitting outside the front porch drinking tea with Zecora. The breeze felt nice making Twilight comfortable, but not for long as she hears what Zecora has to say about Spike.

"Spike hasn't told you yet, I see," Zecora took a sip of her tea. "I told him he needs to tell you and your friends eventually."

"Why doesn't Spike tell me about his past?" Twilight asked.

"The boy has a kind heart," Zecora answered. "But where he comes from doesn't has a heart."

"Where he comes from?" Twilight took a sip of her tea as things gets interesting.

"Spike told me about his past, and it's a shame really," Zecora said.

"Please, I have to know, Zecora," Twilight pleaded, leaning forward on her chair.

"Are you sure you want to hear his past?" Zecora said giving Twilight a second chance.

"...Yes," Twilight answered.

"Very well," Zecora put down her tea and began telling Twilight about Spike's past. "Spike is different from other kids of his age. He was smarter than the rest of his school, that's why he skipped three grades. They teased him for when he blushes every time women came by, also teases him of being too smart. He was also alone ever since his parents died."

"What about relatives?" Twilight asked.

"They thought they would take care of him," Zecora continued. "But the way he acted was too much for them."

"The way he acted?"

"Differently from them, I mean. They loved music, he told them to keep it down when he studies for a test. If they eat what they eat, Spike wouldn't like their cooking but they never asked what he loves to eat. Spike is different from his relatives, as if they weren't a family too him. So they decided to put him in an orphanage. Spike still remembers their faces, but was still alone in the world. No friends. No family. No hope for the poor child."

"That's awful!" Twilight cried out. "How could they do that to a ten year old?"

"Now, Twilight-"

"No, Zecora!" Twilight back talked her. "Spike isn't different; it's his relatives and where he came from that are different. How could they put him in an orphanage and left him hopeless. Spike is being bullied by other kids of his age because of his blushes he keeps making and telling him that he's some kind a nerd and nobody is there to stand up for him. Wherever he came from is not home to him."

There was silence. Zecora took a deep sigh and stood up. She places her hands on Twilight's shoulders.

"I understand you're upset," Zecora said. "Spike has been going through a lotin his past."

"I need to tell him," Twilight lowered her head.

"Don't," Zecora said. "Spike needs to tell you on his own. Just think of it: if you would've told him about his past, how would he feel?"

Zecora was right. Twilight understand about Spike's feelings.

"Okay," Twilight softly said.

"Trust me, child," Zecora lifts her chin up. "One day, Spike will have the courage to tell the truth about himself."

"...I hope you're right."

(At Sugarcube Corner)

Spike and Fluttershy was sitting in a table outside taking a break from shopping. Applejack and Rarity sat in a table far off away from them, hoping they wouldn't see them.

"What are they plannin' now?" Applejack asked.

"Usually on a date, they would stop somewhere to eat together," Rarity said.

"So, I eat with my family and we're together."

"I mean they'll be sharing ice cream together."

Applejack looks at her for a second thinking.

"Really?" She asked.

"Watch and learn," Rarity said continuing watching the two.

Spike and Fluttershy was actually enjoying themselves shopping together. They were thinking they could do it again someday.

"This is fun, Spike," Fluttershy said. "I never have so much fun shopping with anyone before."

"You know, Fluttershy, neither have I," Spike said, being honest.

"I'm glad we bumped into each other today. Just think of how much of a mess we would've gone through if we hadn't."

"I can see it now."

Their drinks were delivered by Mr. Cake. He handed the drinks to them and gave them straws.

"You two seem to enjoying yourselves," Mr. Cake said.

"We're just shopping today," Spike spoke.

"Just hanging out is all," Fluttershy said.

Mr. Cake left getting their ice cream. Fluttershy watches Spike drinking his soda. She puts her arm up on the table leaning her chin on her hand resting. She smiled warmly at him. She began to blush when she was about to say something but the words chokes her.

"What is it Fluttershy?" Spike asked.

"... S-Spike," Fluttershy stuttered, playing with her fingers. "I-I was w-wondering i-if..."

Spike tilted his head, waiting to hear what she has to say. Not to mention seeing her blush as well.

"Would you... I mean... If you're okay with it... Um..."

"Yeah?" Spike said, still waiting for her question.

Fluttershy wanted to either say he loves him or wanted to kiss. But the thought it kept getting in the way.

"Uh... Would you help me find a gift for Twilight?" Fluttershy spat out.

Spike was surprise as he nods his head.

"Sure, of course we'll find her a gift," Spike answered.

Fluttershy smiled, but deep down she wanted to tell him badly.

"There you go," Mr. Cake sat a large bowl of sundae in the middle of the table. "You enjoy the dish I prepared for you two."

"Thank you," the two said as they grab their spoons and digs in.

Fluttershy took one scoop of vanilla and looks at Spike.

"Here, Spike," Fluttershy held her spoon at Spike's face. "Try the vanilla, it's delicious."

Spike leans over and ate the vanilla off of Fluttershy's spoon. She kept feeding Spike and enjoyed it. Spike also enjoys being fed to Fluttershy. Applejack and Rarity watches her feeding Spike. They dropped their jaws down and eye burst to flames.

"How dare she!" Rarity said. "I wanted to feed Spike."

"I want to go eating with him on our date," Applejack said imagining the her and Spike on a romantic date together.

"Good afternoon ladies," Pinkie came in between the two. "Watcha' doing?"

"Pinkie!" Applejack said, surprised to see her. "We-We-We were about to order."

"Seems to me you two are spying on someone," Pinkie said making the two socked.

"How did you know?" Rarity asked.

"Applejack is a terrible liar," Pinkie said.

"No I'm not!" Applejack said.

"Sure you are, you suck in your lips and constantly look around you every time you tell a lie. Like for instance: What's two plus two, Applejack?"

"Five," Applejack answered as she suck in her lips and looks around.

"See," Pinkie said. "Now who are you spying?"

"Spike and Fluttershy," Rarity said.

"Why are you spying on them?" Pinkie asked. "Not that I hate them or anything, but they're really not worth spying."

"You don't understand, Pinkie," Applejack said. "The two of them are dating."

"What! That's crazy!"

"They're feeding each other with a sundae, Pinkie," Rarity said.

"Come again?" Pinkie leans over the table and saw the two enjoying themselves feeding to one another. Pinkie was heartbroken. "I wanted Spike to feed me with ice cream."

Pinkie cried on the table upset over the fact that Fluttershy is feeding Spike instead of her feeding him.

"Don't worry, Pinkie," Applejack patted her back. "We over heard them goin' out shoppin' together."

"And that is where I come in," Rarity said with a sparkle in her eye.

(Somewhere In Town)

Twilight was slowly walking on the side walk looking sad and gloomy. She was thinking of a way how she should tell Spike she knows about his past.

"What am I going to do?" Twilight said to herself. "If I tell him about his past, how will he react?"

She stops and turns around. She was going to practice saying her honesty toward Spike.

"Hi, Spike, how are?" Twilight said.

She turns around getting down on her knees.

"I'm doing great, Twilight," she said in Spike's voice.

"Spike, I have something to tell you, Spike," Twilight said in her own voice as she stood back up.

"What is it, Twilight?" she got down to her knees and acted like Spike again.

She did this over and over again, a cycle around being herself and Spike at the same time.

"I know your my number one assistant."

"The one and only."

"But I want you to understand what I'm about to say."

"Anything for you, Twilight."

"I know about your secret."

"Secret? What secret?"

"You don't have to hide it anymore, Spike, I know you're an orphan."

Twilight went back being Spike acting like she was about to cry like Spike.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you!"

"You don't have to apologize, Spike, I understand completely."

"How did you know about my deepest darkest secret?"

"We'll Principal Celestia and Zecora told me."

"I knew my secret wouldn't- Hey wait a minute! You mean to tell me you lied to me about your errands just to find out my past?"

"No- I mean yes, but I wanted to know."

"I can't believe you! My own lab partner lied to me! Your suppose to be my friend, I hate you!"

"No! Please don't hate me!"

"Too late, Twilight. For this day on, we are no longer friends."

"Spike! Please understand! I'm sorry!"

Twilight stops her acting and thought this through again. She couldn't help but yell.

"WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY TO HIM?!" Twilight shouted bringing attention to the crowd.

She looks around seeing the weird looks on their faces. Twilight awkwardly smiled and blushes. She scooted away embarrassed from the crowd.

(In A Market)

Stands were around the streets selling different items such as food, gifts, and clothing. Spike and Fluttershy walks into the market finding a gift for Twilight while Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie were following them behind.

"Now what are they doing?" Applejack asked.

"I would say they're just having a little break from shopping," Pinkie guesses.

"This isn't a shopping break, Pinkie, they're finding gifts for each other," Rarity said.

"Why would they do that?" Applejack asks.

"In dates like this, they should always give them something," Rarity explains. "Such as a teddy bear, chocolates, flowers - specially roses, and other stuff."

"Hey!" Pinkie cried out. She saw Spike holding a rose for Fluttershy. She took the rose and smelled it. "I want Spike to give ME a rose."

"We all do, Pinkie," Applejack said, turning red.

"Okay, this calls for desperate measures," Rarity said taking her coat off. She reveals herself wearing a red shirt with black shorts. She also wore a black cap with her hair tucked in. She was disguise as a boy.

"Rarity, why do you look like a man?" Applejack said.

"I'm in disguise, Applejack," she answered holding up two more clothes. "We're going to confront them."

"How?" Pinkie asked.

"We're trying to see if this is a date or not," Rarity goes over the plan. "If she admits it, we'll capture their act."

"And if they're NOT dating?" Applejack said.

"Then we'll feel horrible for the rest of our lives. Now put on your clothes."

Applejack grabs her disguise. She was a police officer. She replaces her hat with a cop hat tucking her hair in. The disguise came with a mustache to make Applejack look like a mature man. Pinkie grabs her disguise and ended up as a cheerleader. She has blue and yellow pom poms in both hands and a short skirt. Her cheerleading clothes were bright yellow and blue stars on her skirt.

"Now what's the plan?" Applejack said as she puts the fake mustache on.

"The plan is that we make them spill everything, we just have to make sure not to upset them or anything," Rarity said. "Now get into character girls."

"What about this one?" Fluttershy held up a shirt with light purple stars on it.

"I don't think Twilight wants a shirt for her late birthday gift," Spike honestly said.

"I picked it out because she likes stars."

"I never knew Twilight was into stars."

"Yeah, she studies them like no other."

"Maybe we can find a gift that involves stars."

"OMG!" Pinkie as a cheerleader came running at Spike giving him a big hug. She was on her knees snuggling him. "Aren't you the cutest boy I've seen!"

Spike was blushing but didn't know what was going on. And he didn't know that was her friend Pinkie.

"I'm sorry, but don't I know you from somewhere?" Spike asked.

"No, but would you like to be my boyfriend?" Pinkie asked.

"Boyfriend?!" Spike gasp.

"Hey!" Rarity came in as a boy. She looks down at Spike giving him a dirty look. "Are you flirting with my girlfriend?"

"GIRLFRIEND!" Spike cried out.

"Please go easy on the poor kid!" Pinkie pleaded.

Fluttershy stood there with her head tilted wondering what was going on.

"Help! Police!" Rarity cried out.

"What seems to be the problem here?" Applejack came in as a cop with her fake mustache on.

"This kid is taking my girlfriend away," Rarity said pointing at Spike.

"No I wasn't!" Spike panics of confusion.

"I'm sorry officer, it was my fault," Fluttershy came in defending Spike.

"Are you the boy's girlfriend?" Applejack asked.

"No officer, he's too young for being my boyfriend," Fluttershy said. "We're just shopping together, I should've kept my eyes on him."

Fluttershy took Spike's hand. Spike felt a little better when Fluttershy explained the situation.

"Just my curiosity ma'am, but are you dating this young man?" Applejack asked.

"Well, sort of," Fluttershy spoke. "See, we're shopping together for errands and we decide to go out together just for a day. I'm sorry for the mix up."

Fluttershy and Spike walked away still holding their hands. The three spies watch them surprised that the plan worked in a way.

"So... Their going out?" Applejack asked Rarity.

"Usually situations like this, they try to run away from people where they can be alone and..." Rarity was thinking till she gasps in fear. "We have to hurry and catch up to them!"

"Why?" Pinkie asked.

"Because once their alone, they'll be... They'll be..."

"What! They'll be what?!" Applejack had to know.

"They'll be kissing together," Rarity whispered making Applejack and Pinkie gasp in shock.

"You sure?! I mean, Spike is just ten and Fluttershy is sixteen!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie's right - surprisingly - they wouldn't make out alone, would they," Applejack asked.

"I don't know, but I'm not going to wait around and find out!" Rarity took off running going after Fluttershy and Spike. "I'm coming, Spikey-Wikey!"

"Your Spikey-Wikey?" Pinkie was in rage as she took off as well. "He's MY Spikey-Wikey!"

"Hey!" Applejack yelled running after them.

Hours went by. The sun was setting down behind the town. Spike and Fluttershy was sitting on a bench with shopping bags and groceries. It's been a long day for the two, and so were the spies hiding behind a hedge.

"What are they doing now?" Applejack asks Rarity.

"I don't know," Rarity answered. "They're speaking very softly I can't understand what they're saying."

Spike and Fluttershy was watching the sunset making their day last.

"I had a fun time today," Spike said.

"Me too," Fluttershy said. "Thanks again for coming with me, Spike."

"Yeah, no problem," Spike yawned and rubs his eye. "I'm so tired from walking around all day."

"Well, maybe if I take you home you could-"

Fluttershy was cut off by Spike falling onto her. His head rested on her shoulder snoring into a deep sleep. Fluttershy smiled softly. She took his head and slowly set his head down into her lap.

"Oh, Spike," Fluttershy softly said. "If only I have the courage to tell you how much I love you."

She looks around the area to see if anyone was there with them. She didn't notice Rarity and her friends. Fluttershy looks back at Spike and gulped.

"Since nobody is here... I should kiss him a goodnight sleep," Fluttershy took off her hat and throws her hair back.

"Oh no!" Rarity gasps. "She's going to kiss him!"

"On the lips?!" Pinkie cried out softly.

"I'm not goin' to wait here and find out!" Applejack said standing up.

She saw Fluttershy bending down with her lips puckered. The three ran towards her before she kisses him.

"FLUTTER-"

before they could finish, they saw Fluttershy kissed Spike on the forehead. They tripped on the ground sliding towards her. To their surprise, they thought she was going for the lips.

"What are you girls doing here?" Fluttershy asked, seeing the girls standing back up.

"Fluttershy, dear, we know what you and Spike are up to," Rarity spoke.

"We know you two are goin' out together datin'," Applejack said.

"Yeah! That's why we spied on you all day!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie!" Rarity and Applejack cried out.

"Aw, come on, she was going to know eventually!"

"Oh! You thought we were dating?" Fluttershy said making the girls confused. "Me and Spike were shopping together, we bumped into each other today and decided to hang out. I call it a date because it just looks like we're dating."

Applejack and Pinkie looks over to Rarity. Rarity looks at them and knew why they were staring at her.

"I thought she actually meant a DATE date," Rarity said.

"Who's dating who now?" Twilight came by seeing Spike resting his head on Fluttershy's lap.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cheerfully said waking Spike up.

Spike looks over to see Twilight. He was happy to see her.

"Twilight!" Spike said. He then notices the other girls. "Rarity? Applejack? Pinkie? What are you-"

"Long story short," Applejack spoke.

"Anyway, Twilight, I got your errands," Spike said making Twilight depressed.

"Uh, Spike, about that, there' something I need to tell you," Twilight said in a sad tone. How on earth was she going to tell Spike about the truth about him?

"Hold that thought, me and Fluttershy got you something," Spike made Twilight curious. "Yesterday was your birthday. So me and her went to the market and got you a little something."

Spike stood up and reaches something in the shopping bag. He took out a book and gave it to Twilight. Twilight looks at the book titled History About Stars on the front cover. Twilight was shocked when Spike gave it to her.

"What is it," Twilight said.

"Fluttershy said that you love stars, so I found this book that tells about star charts, star guidance, everything about stars," Spike said smiling. "Oh, and one more thing!"

Spike took out a card out of his jacket and gave it to Twilight.

"Happy late birthday!" Spike cheered. "Fluttershy also said your birthday day was yesterday, so we got you this book as a gift."

Twilight opens the letter and was making her happy inside. The Peter said Thank you for being my best friend! your number one assistant, Spike. This made Twilight tear up a bit. She over her mouth without saying a word. How could she tell him about his past?

"Now, what were you saying?"'Spike asked.

Twilight mouth shook. She was about to say something but kept choking the words out.

"I... I..." Twilight stuttered trying to find a word for Spike. "I just wanted to say that... You're always going to be my number one assistant."

Twilight lied to Spike so that she couldn't made this moment into a bad one, but she receives a hug from him. Spike wraps his arms around Twilight's waist locking his arms. Twilight hugs back with a warm smile. The girls watch them as they couldn't help but smiled.

"Why doesn't Spike hug me like that?" Pinkie asked.

"For now, darling, let's give it a rest," Rarity said.

"Since you girls are here, can you help me with my groceries?" Asked rejecting yeses from everyone.

The gang carried the groceries to Fluttershy's home and fed the animals. After they fed the animals, they all went home. Spike and Fluttershy had a great time shopping together.

"Let's do this again sometime," Fluttershy said to Spike.

"Yeah, let's get in touch," Spike said.

Fluttershy waved Spike goodbye and saw him walking down the path. She was thinking that maybe next time on their so call 'date', Fluttershy could have a chance to kiss Spike... On the lips.

"Not if I can help it!" Rarity said bursting into flames.