• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 11,215 Views, 68 Comments

The School Life of Spike: Book 1 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike as he faces friends and enemies through out his school years. He'll face fights, break into schools, solving cases, and much more. This is a school life about Spike the human.

  • ...
7
 68
 11,215

Ch 2: The assistint

Chapter 2

The Assistant

'My name is Twilight Sparkle. I'm seventeen years old. I always get perfect grades in school, always get to class on time, you can say that I'm a nerd but that's okay, because I agree myself. Today I go to science class as usual, and where an annoying teacher teaches in. Mr. Discord. We think he's evil, like an evil doctor of some sort. He embarrasses us, humiliates us, and always gives us extra homework. But now things were different now, for you see...'

Twilight Sparkle was walking down the hallway carrying two books up against her chest. She walks into her classroom and saw students talking and laughing. Twilight sat in her desk all the way to the back. Sitting beside her was Trixie, her arch nemesis since Kindergarten. The two of them looked into each other's eye with hatred.

Trixie wore a white shirt with stars and a moon on it that sparkled. She also wore blue jeans with three stars on the bottom left side of her pants.

"Twilight Sparkle," Trixie spoke. "I - the great Trixie - shall score a better and higher grade than you today."

"In your dreams, Trixie," Twilight glared at her. "I always work hard in my life and never gotten a lower grade."

A teacher slams the door wide open. Mr. Discord gave them a nasty look when he entered. He wore a brown sweater vest and a white button sleeve shirt under it. He wore glasses and his hair was white and messed up and a white short beard.

"Settle down class," Discord said sighing heavily, walking to his desk. "Settle down now. No phones. That means you Lyra."

Lyra rolls her eyes as she put her phone away while Discord sat in his desk, going through yesterday's papers.

"Daisy, you still need to turn in yesterday's homework," Discord saw her scribbling in her notebook.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'll turn it in after school," Daisy said, writing a reminder in her notebook.

"Now," Discord cleared his throat, taking a clipboard out. "Roll call. Twilight Sparkle?"

"Present!"

Discord marks her out knowing she's here.

"Trixie?"

"At your service!"

"Thunderlane?"

"What up!"

"And blah, blah, blah... You're here and you're here..."

Discord marks everyone that's here, except for an empty desk in the middle of the class room.

"That's weird," Discord looks back at the clipboard.

He counted everybody in the class room. Twenty kids in their seats, but twenty-one desks, one was empty.

"Am I missing anyone today?" Discord asked his students.

"I think you're missing the new kid," Thunderlane spoke.

Twilight shot her head up, the only new kid she could think of was Spike. But that was impossible, he's learning in the freshmen building.

"What new kid?" Discord ask when a sudden knock came from the door.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Someone was at the door making Discord rolling his eyes.

"What now," Discord said.

He walks to the door and opens it. He saw no one there and decided to look left to right to see who was in the hallway.

"Down here," a voice said under him.

Discord looked down and saw Spike smiling at him.

"Who are you?" Discord asked.

Spike handed him a paper with a schedule on it. Discord looked through it and saw his name printed on the paper.

"I'm the new student in school," Spike said.

"Oh, yes," Discord crossed his arms. "I heard about you."

"You did?" Spike got confused.

"Oh yes. In fact, the whole school heard about you."

Discord walks back to the classroom while Spike followed. He put Spike in the middle so that everyone in the room could see him.

"Class," Discord spoke. "Please give a warm welcome for our new..." He quickly turned to him taking a second look and then back to his students. "9th grade student."

The whole room whispered all at once about Spike.

"So the rumors were true," a girl name Merry May whispered.

"I can't believe it," another whispered whose name was Caramel.

"So that's Spike," Noteworthy whispered.

The whole room whispered around. Discord moan as he slowly looks up at the ceiling without moving his head.

"Well, if anyone needs me I'll be at Principal Celestia's office," Discord said, marching out of the classroom.

"Wait, what," Spike said, running at him. "Why?"

"Because," Discord rolled his eyes. "I need to talk to her about you and why would a sixth grader like you would be in this school."

"But, Mr. Discord, you can't- I mean- What if-" Spike tried to say something, but Discord left the room ignoring Spike.

Spike slowly looks at the classroom who was giving him a stare. They sat quietly in their desk gazing upon at him. Spike stood absolutely still not knowing what to do, till one finally spoke.

"Is it true that you're a sixth grader?" Thunderlane asked.

Thunderlane wore a black hoodie just like Rainbow Dash, but he had a thunder storm cloud with his name written in a thunderbolt, also his hair was blue-silver.

"Y-Y-Yes," Spike stuttered.

"And you're a freshmen, who's having class with juniors?" Daisy asked.

Daisy wore a shirt with flowers below her shirt and tight jeans.

"I guess so," Spike answered again.

The class once again stood silence, till they all broke it by rushing toward him yelling and screaming. The whole crowd gathers around him asking him so many questions Spike couldn't keep up with.

"You've got to be the luckiest kid that can skip a whole Middle School year, you know that?" a student Caramel said.

"How old are you?" Noteworthy asked.

"You're so cute," Daisy hugged him behind. "Is it true that you blush so hard that you throw your hood over your head?"

"I want to see him blush!" Merry cried out.

"Who told you that?" Spike yelled, blushing.

"Move! Move!" Twilight said, pushing the crowd away.

"Twilight!" Spike was glad to see her. "Are you in this class?"

"Yes I-"

"How adorable!" Trixie pushes Twilight aside, making her slid across the floor.

Trixie bends down to her knees and grabs Spike cheeks pinching them.

"Aren't you just a Cutie-Patootie," Trixie smiled, playing with Spike. "What was your name again?"

"Uh... Spike," Spike said, all he could do really was smile at her with a blush across his face.

"Would you like to be my partner just for today," Trixie wraps her arms around his neck.

"What!" Spike said.

"WHAT!" Twilight cried out, standing straight up.

"There's no need to be jealous, Twilight," Trixie turn her head to her, still grabbing onto Spike.

"J-J-J-J-Jealous! Why would I be jealous?" Twilight said blushing as she quiver.

"Because everyone can see it in your face," Trixie point out. "I also know that you hung out with him a couple of days with the other girls."

"What!" Thunderlane shouted. "You hung out with Twilight's friends? All five of them?"

"Not only that," Trixie continued. "I also saw Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy kissing him at the lunch table. And be honest, Twilight, you wanted to kiss him too no doubt. Like so."

She turns to Spike and kissed him on the cheek. Spike eyes wide open as his face started to turn pure red. All the boys in the class room jaws dropped open all the way down to the floor.

"Why you...!" Twilight rams Trixie as they started to fight.

As they were fighting, Spike just stood there spacing out. Thunderlane walks besides him with his jaws still dropped open. He looks at the girls who was fighting and back to Spike. He did it over three times and finally back to Spike.

"How long have you been here?" Thunderlane asked.

"Three days... counting this one," Spike said watching the two fight over him.

"Nice," Thunderlane gave him a fist bump and Spike gave him a small tap on the knuckle.

The whole class watches the two cat fighting each other, till Discord came in the room.

"Everyone, back to your seat!" he cried out, making everyone scramble back to their seat.

Spike quickly snaps out of it, he looks around the class room and rushes to an empty seat. He sat there realizing he was between Twilight and Trixie. They both looked at each other with sparks coming out of their eyes beaming against each other.

"Now class," Discord continued, while sitting down in his own desk. "Today for the new school year, you will need a partner throughout the year."

The class got excited and joyful. This was new to them. Spike was thinking that's why Trixie wanted to be his partner after what happened, so was Twilight.

"Now let's start off with Spike," Discord continued. "Who wants him as your partner?" All the girls raise their hands going ME! ME! ME! Over and over again. The boys got a little jealous over Spike. Course he's just a ten years old.

"Okay, that's too hard for me to choose," Discord said. "Spike, who do you prefer as your partner."

Spike looks around the room seeing all the girls staring at him with puppy dog eyes, begging him to choose one of them. He then saw Twilight and decided whom to pick.

"Twilight Sparkle," Spike answered.

Twilight stick her tongue out at Trixie making her frustrated with anger.

"Fair enough," Discord said, making the girls disappointed. "Now, now, I know what'll cheer you up. The first question I'll be giving you today."

He made the whole room moan of disappointment.

"First question," Discord continued, ignoring their moan. "Ice sublime to water vapor and enters Europe's atmosphere. If ultraviolet light then broke those water vapor molecules apart, which of the following gases would one most likely expect to find in Europe's atmosphere as a result of this process?"

Twilight and Trixie both raise their hands. They looked at each other and glared. Twilight raised her hand up higher, Trixie raise her hand higher then hers. Then Twilight stood up, but Trixie stood on the chair. Twilight stood on top of the desk and so did Trixie who was bouncing up and down until she slipped.

"I'm okay," Trixie moaned.

"Twilight wins," Discord said. "Twilight?"

"The answer is Methane," Twilight answered.

"Wrong," Trixie got up. "It's Chlorine."

"Actually it's Oxygen," Spike disturbed the two.

The class looked at him, including the two girls and Discord, who was interested of this.

"Can you tell me why it's Oxygen, Spike?" Discord asked.

"Well," Spike began. "It talks about Europe, UV light, molecules, and so on, but what it's really asking us is: 'What of the following things is present in water?' So if you know that water contains oxygen, you can answer the question. You can also answer it if you know that Chlorine, methane, and nitrogen are NOT in water."

"That's right, not surprised, but right answered," Discord said going on to the next question.

Twilight stared at him, how on earth could he answer that wrong and him getting it right? The thought on her was maybe because she got cut off guard by Trixie kissing Spike. Twilight is still figuring out why Spike would skip three years and why he changed classes and was sent to the junior class.

After class was over, Spike and Twilight was walking down the hallway talking to each other.

"So what's this class partner thing about," Spike asked.

"Well actually, this is new to me too," Twilight said. "But with my brain and yours, we'll be number one graders in school."

"Number one graders?"

"We do that every end of the school year. It's just for fun really. But changing the subject, how did you manage to answer the question and how did you change classes with us?"

"I study hard enough and Celestia told me that I should learn something more challenging."

Twilight still didn't believe him, but didn't want to say anything to prove him wrong. After all, he's having a good day it looks like.

"Well," Twilight continued. "If we're going to be partners, then you'll have to be my new assistant."

"Assistant?" Spike asked again. "What's that?"

"For a smart kid, you don't even know the definition of assistant," Twilight joked. "Assistant is a person who ranks below a senior person. Such as a helper or my apprentice or an aide of mine."

"So you're my boss?"

"Yep, you're my servant for now on."

"That's not fair!" Spike stops walking, holding a fist in the air at her. "Why do I have to be your servant?"

"Because, Spike," Twilight squats down. "I'm older than you, I'm smarter than you, and most importantly you have to be a gentlemen in front of women."

Spike crosses his arms and looked away frowning. Twilight giggled and walks off as Spike followed. Spike was still mad that he has to do things for her. He kept looking at the ground till he bumped into Ms. Cheerilee. She wore a pinkish-red skirt with flowers all over and a green shirt with her name tag on. Her hair was light pink and her front hair is curled while the back of her hair flowed down.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I should've looked where I was going, never had a junior little as you."

"Oh, I'm not a Junior, ma'am," Spike said, politely. "I'm a new student here in Equestria High. My name is Spike, I'm a freshmen."

"So you're the new student everyone's been talking about," Cheerilee said. "I'm Ms. Cheerilee, the senior high teacher and substitute teacher as well."

"Nice to meet you," Spike shook her hand.

"Well aren't you a polite gentlemen," Ms. Cheerilee said.

Spike looked at Twilight seeing her giving him a thumbs up. Suddenly they heard Rainbow Dash crying out Cheerilee's name.

"Ms. Cheerilee! Ms. Cheerilee!" Rainbow Dash cried out till she reached to her. "Something bad happened in your classroom, hurry!"

"What!" Cheerilee, Twilight, and Spike gasps, making their way to Ms. Cheerilee's room.

There was a crowd of students surrounding the door gossiping. Cheerilee pushes her way through the crowd and saw with her own eyes. The room was trashed, desks were flipped over, and there were writings on the walls saying MS. CHEERILEE SUCKS! All over the room with red paint. Ms. Cheerilee showed a bit of tears in her eyes as she fell to her knees.

"Why would anyone do something this horrible," Ms. Cheerilee said to herself.

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Spike entered the room cleaning a bit.

"Whoever did this is going to pay," Dash said flipping a desk right side up.

"Who could do such a thing?" Twilight asked, picking up trash.

Spike went over to the wall where the writings were at. He slides his fingers across the writing and got some paint on his finger. He smudges the paint on his fingers and it spread across his hand making Spike curious.

"It's still wet," Spike said to himself.

Spike then notice books on the floor and picks it up. He opens one of the books and saw something that made him gasp.

"Uh... Twilight?" Spike said.

"Yeah, Spike," Twilight said.

"Did you have two books in your class room?"

"Oh no, I forgot my books in Mr. Discord's class!" Twilight cried out.

"Actually," Spike showed her the books with her name written inside of it. "Your books are here."

"What!" Twilight snatches the books out of hands and looks at the first page.

Spike was right. On the page was Twilight's name. Twilight looks at the other book and saw her name in it as well.

"But how?" Twilight said, shaking her hands in fear. "I haven't entered the room yet.

"Twilight," Cheerilee spoke in tears. "Was it you?"

Twilight heart was broken when she heard that from her.

"N-NO!" Twilight yelled. "I didn't do this."

"But your books are in my room, who else could it be?" Cheerilee said on tears.

Everyone behind Cheerilee started talking about Twilight about her doing such a thing. Twilight was stunned and depress and couldn't help but cry. She drops the books and ran out of the classroom and across the hall busting to tears. Spike was about to go after Twilight but Rainbow Dash puts her hand on his shoulder as she shook her head. Spike felt real sorry for her as he took a second look at Twilight's books. He picked one of them up and started to think.

Twilight was in the principal's office with Principal Celestia in her master chair. They were discussing about Ms. Cheerilee classroom. Twilight tears were dried up on her face and looked even more depress whenever she thinks about Cheerilee.

"Twilight, its okay if you told me if you done it," Principal Celestia said. "You just have to tell me why you did it."

"I didn't do it, Principal Celestia," Twilight said softly, still crying from the inside. "You know me since freshmen year."

"I would like to believe you, but you left your books in her classroom."

"I left them in Mr. Discord's room."

Twilight covers her face, hiding the tears she pours out.

"I'm afraid that if we can't prove your innocents."

"But what if I can prove it," a voice spoken behind Twilight.

Twilight uncovers her face and turn to see Spike. He walks to Celestia's desk and began to defend Twilight.

"What if I can prove to you she's innocent," Spike said.

"What do you mean, Spike?" Celestia asked.

"What if someone else did this," Spike continued, getting Celestia's attention now. "What if someone is framing Twilight for all of this incident? I found out that the paint was still wet when I entered the room. Meaning that it wasn't too long ago."

Celestia thought this through for a moment. She did saw Twilight entering and exiting Discord's room with Spike this morning.

"I'll tell you what," Celestia spoke as she stood up out of her chair. "We'll have an council. You will prove to me wrong that Twilight is innocent, we'll start today after school."

"Perfect," Spike smiled. He turns to Twilight seeing her smiling again. "Don't worry, Twilight, I'll figure out who's behind this."

Twilight threw her arms around him, squeezing with care and comfort.

"Thank you so much, Spike," Twilight said crying.

Spike took a while to hug back to her. He felt great at first, but now he has lots to do now.

After school was over, the students went into the cafeteria filled with chairs and long table. The whole room was actually like a council now that they decorated the whole place. Twilight was sitting at the front of the room in her seat. She was sitting in a table and next to her was a empty chair where Spike was supposes to sit. She played with her fingers just to calm herself down. Across from the other side of the room was Cheerilee, who was also alone in her table.

"Where is he?" Twilight said to herself worried.

She heard the doors opening behind her and the students. It was Spike in a lawyer suit. He wore all grey and a black tie. He carried a briefcase with him as he walks down the room and sat next to Twilight.

"Spike?" Twilight said. "Who dress you up fancy?"

"Rarity did," Spike answered. "She said I would look great in a suit at a time like this."

"Looking good, Spikey-Wikey!" Rarity called out in the crowd.

"And the briefcase?" Twilight asked again, pointing the case in his hand.

"Nothing really, just makes me more smarter and serious looking," Spike set plop his briefcase on the table. "Besides, there's nothing in it."

"Thanks again for saving my life back there, for now at least," Twilight said.

"I'm your assistant, it's what they do, right," Spike said. "Speaking of assistants, who am I going to compete with?"

The door slams open behind them with a loud THUD. Spike and Twilight turned to see Trixie in a red suit for women. She wore red high heels and her hair was neatly comb. She walks down the room carrying two briefcase making Spike speechless.

"Hi, Spike," Trixie kindly greeted him.

"Trixie?" Spike spoke in a questionable tone. "You're a lawyer?"

"Just for now at least," Trixie sat down next to Cheerilee. "And I see you brought a briefcase. My briefcases have all the evidence I need to prove that Twilight Sparkle was the one who trashed Ms. Cheerilee room."

"I'm competing against you?" Spike asked.

"Don't think of us as enemies, Spike," Trixie said. "Think of it as a friendly game. Don't worry though, today I'll go easy on you, and you can go first, sweet heart."

"Wow, that's really kind of you," Spike smiled.

"Oh, stop it you," Trixie was flattered and blushed.

"Sukup," Twilight whispered.

A loud bang came from in front of them. Principal Celestia was wearing a black robe and was banging a mallet on the table. She was the judge of the court.

"The council shall now begin and will end after school, we'll take place tomorrow after school till found guilty or not guilty," Celestia said, sitting in her chair. So did everyone else. "Twilight Sparkle, we found your books in Ms. Cheerilee's classroom that was trashed and you said that you didn't do it. If you are found guilty by the jury you will be suspended from school."

"And if I'm found innocent," Twilight asked.

"Then we will found the culprit who did it, and then you are free to go. We'll now hear the opening statement from our defense. Spike."

Spike stood up but Twilight grabs his arm pulling him towards her and whispered to him.

"You know what you're doing?" Twilight asked.

"Sure," Spike walked up to the desk and began.

"Sure as in yes or sure as in maybe?" Twilight asked again but.

Spike walks up to the front room and began his speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury," Spike began. "My client, Twilight Sparkle, is the kindest and sweetest friend I know." Spike began pacing. "I may have only been in this school three days - counting this day - but I can already tell that Twilight would never do such a thing to Ms. Cheerilee. You all know Twilight better than I do, right. If you do then ask me this. Is she mean? Is she a bully to you? Would there be a reason why should would trash a classroom we saw? I would like to call the defendant, Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie excitedly jumped out of her chair and rushes to a chair next to Celestia. Pinkie sat down and swings her legs back and forth. Spike walks up to Pinkie began his questions.

"Pinkie, I-"

"You're doing great Spike," Pinkie cut him off and smiled.

"Thank you," Spike said kindly to her. "Now, I-"

"Keep up the good work," Pinkie interrupts him again.

"Thanks again, Pinkie," Spike said. "Now, I-" Spike quickly look at Pinkie making sure she wanted to say anything else. "Now, I know that you and Twilight go way back together if I'm not mistaken."

"Nope, no mistake there," Pinkie said straight out. "Me and Twilight are the bestest friends there is."

"And would you believe that Twilight would do something this awful?"

"I know Twilight, and Twilight would never hurt a fly, especially a teacher."

"Thank you."

"Although there was that one time where Twilight accidently drop her project on Mr. Discord and made a huge mess."

"What," Spike eyes were wide open. "No, Pinkie, you don't have to-"

"Was it a volcano you built, Twilight?" Pinkie continued. "It made a huge mess in his classroom and you have to clean it up."

"Pinkie, you can sit down now," Spike demanded but Pinkie continued on.

"How you told me he was a big heartless jerk, who always tortures you and you make voodoo dolls out of him."

"Pinkie!"

"And the time when you call him a name behind his back, calling him a pain in the a-"

"THANK YOU, Pinkie!" Spike pushes her out of the chair and leads her back to her original seat. "Your honor, I would like for Trixie to take a turn."

"Spike you can't just let them take a turn," Twilight said.

"You leave him alone," Trixie scolded her. "This is his first time and was kind enough to let me have a chance."

Twilight grabs Spike's arm and came face to face to him with anger.

"What the hell did you do that for," Twilight whispered.

"You told me that I should be a gentlemen in front of women," Spike remembered her saying that to her.

"Well, yeah, but not the enemy!" Twilight whispered loudly.

"Your honor," Trixie began. "I would like to call the defendant, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight let go of Spike before she could strangle him to death. She walks over to the chair and sat down.

"Twilight Sparkle," Trixie began, carrying a notebook in her hand. "I have here, Twilight's notebook. You'll notice it contains not just notes, but also doodles."

Twilight shot her eyes open and notice that her notebook. It was purple with white roses on the bottom left corner.

"Those are personal!" Twilight cried out.

"I object, your honor!" Spike cried out. "She can't do that, can't she?"

"I'm sorry, Spike," Trixie said. "But this is the only evidence I found in her books, ever watch CSI series?"

"Dang it," Spike whispered.

"That's why I printed out the papers and size them into a larger one," Trixie walks over to her briefcase and opens it. She took out three giant posters held them where everyone could see it. "Here in Exhibit A you see that Twilight loves to draw ponies, Pegasus, and unicorns instead of taken important notes."

"Only because I get done with my work," Twilight answered.

"That's why I printed Exhibit B," Trixie drops the poster and another poster appeared. It was notes of math and background pictures of a valley of apple trees with ponies eating the apples. "She constantly does her work and scribbles on her notes."

"I like to be creative," Twilight answered again.

"I know your creative, Twilight. Which brings it to Exhibit C," Trixie drops the poster and revealed another poster with a doodle of Mr. Discord being thrown into a pond with two alligators in it.

Twilight became speechless and was caught in the act. Trixie had her now. Discord (who was part of the jury) had his eyes wide open and jaws dropped down. Spike slaps his forehead.

"Tell me, Twilight," Trixie continued as she points her finger on the poster. "Who's this?"

"… M-Mr. Discord," Twilight stuttered her answer.

"And why is he falling?"

"... H-H-He got pushed."

"But, he'll land safely in a pond below him," Spike points out.

"Yes, but what are these things in the pond, Twilight?" Trixie asked.

Twilight saw alligators in the pond. She wanted to make something up, but how could she if she can't lie.

"…Alligators," Twilight said quietly.

"So you drew Mr. Discord getting pushed into a pond filled with alligators," Trixie said.

Twilight just nod and saw Mr. Discord writing something on a blank sheet of paper. He put down his pencil and held the paper reading 'DETENTION' on it. Twilight nod again but only this time to Discord.

"That's all I have your honor," Trixie said. "Twilight you can go back to your seat."

Twilight walks out of the chair and back to her seat next to Spike. As she sat down she drops her head on the table, humiliated by the situation. Spike patted her back to comfort her.

"My next witness shall be Rover," Trixie continued. "He saw who entered and came out of Ms. Cheerilee's classroom this morning."

Rover stood up in the middle of the crowd and walks to the chair. He smacks Spike on the back of his head making Spike saying OW! He sat down and relax himself, taking some deep breathes and breathing out.

"Now, uh – Rover, is it? – You said that you saw someone walking into Ms. Cheerilee's classroom, is that correct?" Trixie asked.

"Yes," Rover immediately answered.

"Who was it you saw?" Trixie asked again.

"All I saw was Twilight Sparkle, walking into Ms. Cheerilee's room," Rover explained.

"And did you saw someone else while you were there?"

"Yeah, Spike."

"WHAT!" Spike cried out, standing out of his seat.

"I saw Spike walking into her classroom too," Rover continued. "Those were the only people I saw. It could've been those two that trashed the room."

"Actually, Spike came in my classroom by the time I was in the room," Ms. Cheerilee spoke. "He came in my room and told me that he'll be in my 5th hour classroom throughout the year."

"But I also saw Rainbow Dash and Applejack in her classroom," Rover pointed to the two at back.

"I don't remember anythin' about walkin' in Ms. Cheerilee's classroom this mornin'," Applejack said.

"Oh, we're talking about this morning?" Rover got confused. "I thought we were talking about the day were the four of them broke into the school the other night."

"Oh, yeah," Rainbow Dash spoke. "The time that I explain to you guys about Daring Do and her amazing stunts she pulls off when we were breaking in the school trying to for the computer room and I should stop talking."

The jury murmured about Twilight breaking into school property. Spike looked around the room and heard everyone talking about the same thing. Spike looks at Twilight and then to Principal Celestia. He then bangs his head on the table over and over again knowing he can't win. Rover came back to his seat and Rainbow Dash leans forward to his ear.

"How did you know we were at the school that night?" Dash asked.

Rover eyes widen and started to hesitate looking around the room. He remembered in his room staring out of his window with his binoculars set upon his eyes. He saw Rarity changing her clothes through the window as he started to breathe insanely. He then notices Spike and his friends hiding behind the bush going through a gym bag. He looks back at Rarity and saw her shut the curtains.

"I have my reasons, but those reasons are classified," Rover answered as he sinks into his chair.

School was over and so was the council. Spike and Twilight dragged their feet across the ground disappointed that they were in no luck what so ever. Spike was carrying his empty briefcase and also dragged it on the ground making a rough noise and his suit was unbutton and saggy.

"I see that you're failing every step you take," Trixie walks over to them grinning.

"Oh yeah, I'll prove to you that Twilight is innocent, Trixie" Spike said pointing at her.

"I wasn't talking to you, sweety" Trixie looks over to Twilight and winked at her.

As she left, Twilight face turn red and stomps her way towards her. Spike grabs her skirt and pulls her away from Trixie. Twilight calms down and walks away and kept stomping on the ground. The two of them were walking together on the sidewalk sad and depress.

"I can't believe that she took my journal from me," Twilight said.

"I can't believe your friends couldn't keep their mouths shut," Spike said.

"Only those two," Twilight said, making a small chuckle. "Hey, do you have any plans tonight?"

"No, why."

"I was thinking maybe you could come spend the night at my house."

"Oh, uh..." Spike said with a questionable look on his face. "I have to see if my parents would let me."

"Oh come on Spike," Twilight messes his hair. "We're having dinner tonight and you can join too, you can call your parents and see if it's okay or not."

"Okay, I guess," Spike shrugs his shoulders. "Hey, I've been thinking."

"What?"

"How did Trixie got a hold of your notebook in the first place, the one with the scribbles of Mr. Discord?"

"That journal was old, I had it since freshmen year," Twilight said. "I just don't know how she mange to find my journal."

The two entered a neighborhood where Twilight lived. They turned to a two story house that wasn't big and not that small. The two walk onto Twilight's porch and headed to the door when Twilight's mother burst open the door bursting out tears, hugging Twilight tightly around her neck.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Twilight choked.

"I heard what happened today at school!" she cried. "My baby girl would never do such a thing like that!"

Twilight's mother was wearing a light red skirt almost compared to Twilight's skirt and a white sleeve shirt with three purple stars on it and a necklace around her neck with a purple star on it.

"Mom, its okay," Twilight said, yet thinking she was screwed by tomorrow. "My friend has it all under control."

"Who's your friend?" she stops crying, letting go of Twilight.

"Mom, this Spike," Twilight introduced him. "Spike, mom."

"Nice to meet you," Spike shook her hand.

"So your Spike Twilight kept talking about," she said. "My name is Twilight Velvet, but you can call me Mrs. Sparkle. Where are my manners, would you like to come inside."

Twilight Velvet pulls him in the house. The house was beautiful from the inside. He saw family portraits on the wall, a nice set of red flowers resting in a vase, almost as if they were a perfect family.

"I like your house," Spike said.

"Thank you," Twilight said. "Come on, I want you to meet the rest of my family."

Twilight pulls him into the living room and saw Twilight's dad sitting on a chair reading his newspaper. He wore a button up collar shirt and blue jeans and brown shoes. His hair was neatly combed and smooth. He puts down the newspaper seeing Twilight and her friend Spike.

"Hi, dad," Twilight said.

"Hi, Twilight," her father spoke and notice Spike holding her hand. "Who's your friend?"

"Dad, this is Spike."

"So you're the genius that my daughter was talking about," he asked Spike.

"Yes sir, I'm new in town," Spike answered.

"Aren't you a bit young to date my older daughter?" he said.

"Dad!" Twilight yelled.

"I'm kidding, but I did hear you already getting the girls to like you. Not bad for a 10 year old I might say."

"How do your parents know about all this," Spike waves his arms.

"My son told me," Twilight's father answered.

"So Shining Armor the one who's been spreading rumors, huh," Twilight said.

"Shining Armor?" Spike remembers that Dash said that he was the popular kid in school.

"He's my older brother," Twilight whispered Spike into his ear.

"Brother?" Spike gasp.

"What up, Spike," a voice came behind Spike. He turns to see Shining Armor wearing his normal clothes. A blue collar shirt and regular jeans. "I heard what happen today at school."

"You're-You're-You're Shining Armor, the most popular senior in school," Spike stammer. "And-And-And-And you're twilight sister?"

"What, she hasn't told you yet?"

Spike looks at Twilight with a confused face.

"Sorry," Twilight said, shrugging.

Later it was dinner that night. Twilight's family and Spike was sitting down in a round dinner table eating spaghetti. Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle were sitting next to each other. Shining Armor sat next to his dad and Twilight, and Spike was between Twilight and her mother.

"So, Spike," Twilight Velvet spoke. "When did you moved into town?"

"Not too long ago," Spike answered, taking a bite of spaghetti. "I moved in since school started."

"And you're just 10?" Night Light said.

"He sure is," Twilight answered for him. "He skipped middle school."

"So that makes you smarter than Twily," Shining Armor joked.

"I guess you could say that," Spike took a sip of his drink.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked. "You skipped three grades."

"I guess no one can become smarter than you. After all, you didn't want to skip grades."

"He's got a point," Shining said.

"Anyway, let's talk about this council thing," Twilight Velvet said, changing the subject. "Spike, you're Twilight's lawyer."

"Yes, sir," Spike said.

"It's no wonder you're wearing a suit," Night Light said.

"So did you really trash the place, Twilight?" Shining asked.

"No," Twilight answered quickly. "Someone is trying to frame me."

"That's not what I saw in the council."

"Don't worry, I'll try to prove that Twilight is innocent," Spike said. "You can count on me."

"That reminds me," Twilight drinks her cup empty. "Can Spike spend the night?"

"Sure, if it's alright with his parents," Night Light said. "The phone is in the living room, Spike."

"Thanks," Spike pushes his chair back and walks into the living. The family looks at Spike till he disappears taking a left turn in the hall.

"He seems like a sweet boy," Twilight Velvet said.

"He's all right," Twilight said eating her spaghetti. "I'm still surprise over the fact that he skipped three grades."

"I'm sure he has a reason why," Night Light said.

"I wish he tells me the reason," Twilight took a sip of her drink.

Spike walks down the hall and looks around the house. He saw Twilight and her family pictures on the wall, but there was only a few hanging. He saw one of her and Shining together. And her parents having their wedding picture together. He saw a group picture of them on vacation, behind them was a lake and tents and a campfire. Mr. Sparkle was wearing a fishing hat with hooks attach to it and Shining was holding fishing poles. Mrs. Sparkle was hugging Twilight from behind; you could tell they were laughing. It looked like summer in their time, knowing how the sky looked clear. Spike sighed and closed his eyes. He began to have visions in his past.

Bits and pieces of visions scrambled around his head. He could hear echoes in his head. A man and a woman echoed in his head laughing, he saw a woman holding him in a medical bed and a man holding her hand. She was laughing in tears.

"Spike?" the visions stops as Twilight disturbed him.

"Huh, what?" Spike rubs his eyes bringing his normal vision back.

"You okay?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, I got a little curious of your house," Spike said. "I must have forgotten to call my parents."

Twilight looks at her family portrait with the one where they went camping.

"It was a nice day," Twilight said. "Shining and my dad fishing, me and my mom making food for a picnic, it was beautiful."

Spike looks through the pictures on the wall when he notices a picture with her and her classmates. Ms. Cheerilee was on the left corner with her arms behind her back. Twilight was a freshmen in the picture with two of her friends standing by her. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy was standing by Twilight. Dash posed her arm flexing it and Fluttershy was... well you know, shy. She points her feet in and lowered her head, her eyes was the only thing that was shone and her arms were behind her.

"Was this sixth grade year?" Spike asked.

"Yeah: Me, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, even Trixie," Twilight answered, making Spike jump.

"Trixie?" Spike looked at her.

"I know, right," Twilight shook her head. "Hard to believe."

"Point her to me."

Twilight points where Trixie was, she was holding a backpack with a few things sticking out.

"I don't see why your that curious, Spike," Twilight put her hands on her hip.

"You all have the same notebook?" Spike was right. In the picture was kids holding blue notebooks and girls holding purple notebooks with white roses. "Can you give me the password to the schools website,"

Twilight eyes widen. "What? Why?"

"Cause I got some research to do," Spike answered. "Tomorrow, we'll have a small chance to prove you're innocent."

(The Next Day)

School started and the students took their seats in the cafeteria. Celestia was polishing her hammer, the jury talk about Twilight to see if she's guilty or not. Twilight, Trixie, and Ms. Cheerilee were in their place waiting for Spike to show up. Twilight's family showed up as well, sitting behind the back with Twilight's friends.

"Where are you, Spike?" Twilight said to herself.

"Afraid to admit to lose," Trixie teased. "You can call it off now and be on your way to the office, where you will be suspended for the first time in your life."

SLAM!

Spike came bursting through the doors carrying his briefcase. He ran to his table and sat next to Twilight breathing heavily catching his breath.

"I'm... here..." Spike breathed.

"Where were you?" Twilight asked. Spike finally caught his breathe and set his briefcase on the table opening it.

"Gathering evidence," Spike said, standing up brushing himself off. "Your honor, to start off of today's court may I have a few words."

Celestia nods her head. Spike goes through his briefcase and pulls out a few papers. He neatly lined them up by tapping them on the table. He walks to the front and began his explanation.

"Your honor," Spike spoke. "What I have here are evidence - and yes, Trixie, I have papers in my briefcase this time. I notice that Twilight had a notebook yesterday. But I also notice she wasn't the only one who has the same notebook."

"Another notebook?" Celestia said, getting interested in this.

"Yes, your honor, another notebook," Spike continued. "Another notebook that is identical as Twilight's." Spike walks up to Trixie. "Trixie, you mind if I borrow your evidence, including the notebook?"

Trixie handed him the notebook and papers. Spike opens it and spotted three ripped out papers left behind from the book. He sticks the papers on the book lining up the rips, But didn't lined up.

"Just as I thought, the papers don't line up." Spike said. "Meaning these papers doesn't belong to this notebook."

"So your saying is that the notebook doesn't belong to Twilight?" Trixie asked.

"Exactly."

"But if it's not Twilight's notebook, then who does belong to?" Trixie said.

"It belongs to Daisy," Spike points at Daisy in the crowd making them gasp.

"What!" Daisy gasp.

"You did have the same book when I walk into Mr. Discord's class yesterday," Spike said. "I'm assuming you lost it that day."

"Actually I did, but I didn't trash the room, honest," Daisy said. "And I didn't realize that Twilight has the same notebook as me."

"That's because back in sixth grade you and a group of student in Ms. Cheerilee's class were holding the same notebooks when taken a photo that year."

"It's true, I remember that day," Ms. Cheerilee spoke. "The day I substitute them and gave them notebooks as a warm greeting."

"Well if it's her notebook, then that means she has to trashed the place," Twilight said. "She's the one who framed me."

"Not quite actually," Spike points out. "It's true that it's Daisy's notebook, but someone else was trying to frame her instead. Twilight's notebook was taking away when she left Mr. Discord's room, and so Mr. Discord took the book away and put it in the lost and found still in the room without any notice. I also notice the writing on the name, I got curious if this was Twilight's hand writing. Twilight, would you please write your name."

Twilight took a blank paper and a pencil out. She wrote her name and to their surprise the writing didn't match.

"Twilight's handwriting is neat and the fake is sloppy," Spike continued. "Meaning somebody change Daisy's name to Twilight's."

"Now I'm really confused," Pinkie said.

"That's why I brought exhibit B to the court," Spike took a photo of Twilight and her class in her freshmen year out of the pile of papers. "You see, it had to be someone who was in Ms. Cheerilee in sixth grade year."

"So we're back with Twilight then," Celestia spoke.

"Yes, your Honor, but that brings me to exhibit C," Spike walks over to his briefcase and took out a yellow envelope. "I would like to call the defendant... Trixie to the stand!"

The crowd gasps and Trixie was shocked. Even Twilight was shocked. Trixie didn't argue and went up to the chair next to Celestia. She sat in it and Spike walk up to her.

"Trixie," Spike said in a serious tone. "I notice about your grades in sixth grade year."

"Uh... Yes," Trixie said, raising an eyebrow.

"You do claim to be a straight A student, do you not?" Spike began pacing left to right.

"Yes, I am," Trixie answered with pride.

"Really?" Spike denied her answer. "Let's look through you grades then, shall we."

"Your Honor, he can't do that!" Trixie said.

"I'm sorry, Trixie, but these are the only evidence I found, ever watch CSI series?" Spike mimicked Trixie from yesterday. Trixie crosses her arms and made him continued. He pulls out a grading paper out of the envelope and began scanning through it. "Let's see... A... A... A... A... A... A- Wait a minute!"

Trixie looks at him in a weird way.

"Is that a so call B in this paper?" Spike showed her the paper. And there it was. A letter B in Ms. Cheerilee's class.

"So what, it's just a B," Trixie rolled her eyes. "You are so cute when you're serious."

"Then I guess I'll become cuter when I say you're the one who trashed Ms. Cheerilee's room."

The crowd gasps with excitement.

"Okay, seriously, is this really a thing in court?" Spike said, can't get over their gasping. "Anyways, Trixie, you're the one who trashed the place."

"I did no such thing, and that doesn't make any since at all," Trixie said. "How on earth would I trash the place?"

"You wanted to frame Daisy because she score higher than you, but instead you framed Twilight" Spike explained. "I know you two are enemies, so you made everyone think that Twilight made the mess."

"Okay, Spike," Trixie said but Spike continued.

"You couldn't get over that grade because Ms. Cheerilee - the only teacher in this photo - would give you a B, and gave Daisy an A instead. You scored a higher grade than Twilight but Daisy beat you to it."

"That's enough, Spike," Trixie demanded, but Spike kept going on.

"You wanted to blame Daisy for wrecking Ms. Cheerilee's room on the perfect day, but you had to choose yesterday, because you were jealous that I chose Twilight instead of you. That's why the paint wasn't dried yet because you couldn't hold the urge to get her back."

"Stop it!" Trixie yelled.

"Then admit it!" Spike yelled back.

"No!"

"ADMIT IT!"

"ALL RIGHT, I DID IT, YOU HAPPY NOW!"

The whole room gasps. Ms. Cheerilee covers her mouth shocked and Celestia leans over to Trixie with a shocking face as well.

"Trixie, how could you?" Ms. Cheerilee asked desperately.

"How could I?" Trixie asked back to her. "How could you give me a B and give Daisy an A, an A+? Yeah I wanted to blame it on Daisy till Twilight stole my lab partner, Spike. But then I noticed that Twilight still had the same notebook as Daisy did from sixth grade. I stole Daisy's book just for revenge. So instead of framing Daisy, why not Twilight. I was going to wait a few more days to be prepared, but I couldn't hold my anger any longer. I had to trash the place; flipping desks, spilling trash around the room, kicking paint all over, and paint gave me an idea to write out MS. CHEERILEE SUCKS! on the wall. I soon realized that Daisy's name was on the notebook. So I erase the name and put Twilight's name. I thought that was a perfect touch. So yes, I did it. I'm the one who trashed the room."

The room grew silence. Celestia stood up.

"Does the jury have anything to say?" she asked.

"We have, your Honor," Discord said, standing up with a paper in his hand. "We found the defendant, not guilty... But she still gets detention."

Twilight's friends and family cheered, so did the rest of the students. Celestia took Trixie's arm and took her to her office. Twilight ran up to Spike and wraps her arms around him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Spike, you did it!" Twilight cheered.

"Of course I did it, I'm your assistant," Spike said.

"You're more than a assistant, you're a great friend," Twilight hugged him tighter, making Spike happier.

"Let's~~~ party!" Pinkie cried out, pushing the two separately.

The whole room started to dance. Vinyl Scratch took her iPhone and hooked it up to an amplifier. The room was filled with music, cheering, and dancing. Spike was dancing with Twilight and Twilight's parent dance like goofballs embracing Shining Armor. Then Twilight's friends dance around Twilight and Spike. They couldn't be any happier.

(A Day Later)

In Mr. Discord's classroom, they were going over science. The students gather up to their partners wearing gloves, aprons, and goggles. Spike and Twilight was talking over their project, they were half way done with theirs.

"Okay, so we just need to add a bit of water," Spike said, grabbing a tube filled with water.

"Yeah, but not too much," Twilight warned him. "We don't want to create a reaction."

Spike slowly tips the tube over the glass cylinder filler with green liquid. Spike steady himself as possible trying not to screw up.

"Slowly... Slowly," Twilight said, till a student bumped into Spike.

"Sorry," he said, making Spike dump the whole thing in the glass.

It exploded making the whole room filled with black clouds. Discord quickly ran to the window coughing and air out the clouds. He saw Spike and Twilight covered in black ashes. Spike's goggle lenses came off. Twilight's hair was sticking straight out and sticks like that for a while.

They both took off their goggles looking at each other. They began to laugh so hard they didn't cared if they failed or not. Except for Discord.

"This is going to be a long year," Discord said to himself.