• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 11,215 Views, 68 Comments

The School Life of Spike: Book 1 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike as he faces friends and enemies through out his school years. He'll face fights, break into schools, solving cases, and much more. This is a school life about Spike the human.

  • ...
7
 68
 11,215

Ch 1: The New Kid

Chapter 1

The New Kid

Spike was walking down the sidewalk carrying his backpack. He silently walk face forward locking his eyes straight. His hair was spiked up green. Followed by wearing a green stripe shirt with light and dark green in a pattern and a purple hooded jacket unzip over the shirt. Also wears purple pants and green sneakers. He kept walking till he stops to a complete halt. He looks up and saw his first visit to high school. Also a gate entrance with a sign above it saying Welcome to Equastria High. He was a freshman now and was his first day of high school. He took a deep breath and let out the air. He walked once again walking through the gate and headed straight to the front entrance. The Inside was quiet and no one was around. Spike looks at the clock hanging on the wall reading 8:30. Thirty minutes late for his first class.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" a voice said behind Spike. He turns around and saw a woman with Light blue, light green and light pink hair. She wore a white suit and white high heels. Her lip was dark red to add.

Spike saw her name tag on her suit saying Principal Celestia. Spike looks back up and was about to say something but the principal interrupted him.

"You must be the new student, aren't you?" the principal continued. Spike remains silent but nods his head for an answer. "Come with me in my office."

Later they enter Principal Celestia's office. The principal is sitting in her desk as Spike sat in a chair facing at her and the desk.

"Now then, Spike, I assume," the principal asked. Spike answered with a nod again. "I read about your files and I am terribly sorry of what happened."

Spike looked down to the floor and had a sad face.

"Don't worry," Celestia continued. "Everyone here is nice in school and would like to become your friend. And if you need anything or if you're having trouble with something, you come straight to me."

Spike kept looking at the floor and raised his head up a little.

"I kind of want to know what my schedule is." Spike spoke, chuckling in an awkward way.

"Oh, sorry," Celestia handed him a paper with all his schedules for this years. Spike thanked her with a quick nod and walked out of her room. "And Spike!"

Spike went back to hear what Celestia wanted to say to him.

"It's okay to be shy," she said. "You're not the only one who's shy in this school."

Spike looks down for a moment and smiled and said Thanks to her. Spike walks out of her office the second time and walks down the hallway. He went into another building heading for his next class. He wandered down the hall waiting for his class to start. He started to think about his life at school, who knows what will happen. Probably thinks that it will turn out good today. But he was wrong. After the bell rang, group of students came out of each classroom. Spike didn't saw a single freshman in sight or anyone that's the same height as him. Was he in the wrong building? Spike checks his schedule and saw he was in the wrong building. He thought that he was waiting by room 106. Instead he was waiting at 206. This is the Junior and seniors building. Spike was in trouble. He started to walk through the crowd older and taller than him finding a way out but was stop by thud on his chest. The crowd was gone revealing three gang looking like a biker gang.

He saw a hand lying against his chest and looks up to see a skinny senior student with a messy long black hair. He wore a black and white stripe sleeve shirt with a red vest over it. Beside him were two more friends. The buff up student on the right was bold headed and wore a dog collar around his neck with spike sticking out. He wore a black sleeveless jacket only showing his tattooed chest and arms. You could see his muscles showing off. And on the left side was a small student about five inch taller than Spike. He wore two brace on both wrist with spikes as well. His hair was dyed with blond, not sure why Spike thought but oh well. He wore a heavy black jacket.

"Hey, kid," spoke the skinny student. "I never saw you anywhere around this place."

"Uh..." Spike was spaced out.

"You must be a new kid," spoke the buff student.

"Yes! Exactly! I'm a freshman," Spike finally answered.

"A Freshmen? Hahaha!" the small student laughed covering his eyes hiding his tears of laughter. "You're a little short for a freshmen, aren't ya?"

"I... I skipped a grade," Spike sounded stupid after saying that.

"Really," the skinny one played with Spike's hair messing up. "I don't believe you. Are ya lost? Did ya lose your mommy, kid?"

Spike gripped his hands and looked down with eyes widen. He shot his eyes down hiding his fear in his eyes.

"Do you know who we are, kid?" the skinny student continued. Spike shook his head without a word. "We're the Diamond Dogs."

He turns around showing Spike his back vest with a black diamond that was outline with white lines and a dog in the middle grinning wide showing his pointy teeth.

"I'm, Rover," Rover continued. "That's Spot. He's a bit short for a senior, but always keeps our schedule tight. Fido here is the strongest in my group, he can break you like a toothpick."

"Are those nicknames, or did you name your dogs that," said Spike making Rover eyeballing him.

"Was that a joke, funny man?" Rover said, walking towards him in a bad tone.

"No, I didn't mean-" Spike was cut off by fido, he grabs his backpack unzipping the bag open and dumps his stuff out: Books, papers, pencils, notebooks, everything. He threw the backpack back and grabs Spike's jacket lifting him off the ground. Spike swings his legs trying to touch the ground but couldn't reach.

"Do you know what I do to funny men like you," Rover asked, staring in his eyes. Spike shook his head fast getting nervous about this. "Since you're new and all, I guess will give you a small detour around the senior building just to get to know the place better. Spot, what is our agenda for today?"

Spot took out a notebook pad and flip pages to pages. There were a lot of names with different dates and times by their side. Spot points his pencil and scrolled down. He checks the time and it was 9:43 a.m. right now. On the note pad was a person name Derpy and was time for 9:45 a.m.

"Nothing that I can't think of," Spot lied putting his notebook back into his back pocket.

"Today's your lucky day, little man," Rover grin at Spike. "For our first detour, the hallway. Fido."

Rover snaps his fingers. Fido immediately grabs Spike's underwear and gave him a wedgie. Spike yelled out loud and moans the pain out. Fido let go of his collar and let Spike dangle around.

"The Senior hallway is our turf, little man," Rover began his tour. "Only Juniors and seniors are allowed on our turf. And if a freshmen - like you - were to walk through our hallway, well, you get a beaten. But since your new here and all, I'll let it sly for now."

Rover pinch his face cheek and shook Spike's head messing his hair.

"Onto the tour," He claps both hands and led the way while Fido kept holding onto Spike's underwear. They enter the bathroom and goes into one of the stalls. "The bathroom, where we give the newcomers - such as you - the royal flush. AKA, swirlies."

Fido let go of Spike's underwear and held him upside down right above the toilet.

"No! Please! Anything but that!" Spike begged them but they ignored him.

Fido dunks Spike's head into the toilet and Spot flushes the toilet. Spike squirms his legs trying to break free. But Fido's strength kept him down in the toilet. The three of them laughs and pull his head out the toilet. Spike gasp for air as toilet water drips down his face and hair.

"Please... No... More..." Spike breathed heavily.

"Oh, but we're just getting to the end of the tour, you little twerp," Rover grabs Spike's leg and lead them out of the bathroom.

Spike kept squirming trying to break free but didn't had enough energy. They reach to a trash can and Rover lifts the lid up. Fido grabbed a hold of Spike upside down. Rover squats down facing at Spike smiling.

"And this is where our tour ends," Rover said. "Make sure you follow the rules that goes on here when I'm around, watch yourself, stay away from our turf, or you, little man, will get a beaten like I said before."

Fido dumps Spike into the trash can as Rover quickly slams the lid down on him. He sat on top the trash can and the three of them laughed historically leaving Spike trapped in the trash can.

"Let me out!" Spike cried out. "Please! Let me out! Or I'll... Or I'll..."

"You'll what?" Rover dared him say it.

"Or I'll go tell the Principal on you!" Spike finished his warning.

The three bullies looked at each other, and then started laughing even harder. Rover drops to the floor kicking his legs shaking off the laughter. Spot laugh so hard that his stomach started to hurt. And Fido banging his head against the lockers cracking up.

"Please don't tell Principal Celestia," Rover pretended to shake in fear.

"What'll we do if she finds out," Spot goes long Rover's joke.

"Maybe she'll make us read books," Fido joked.

"Or make us do extra homework," Rover laugh.

"Or worse... Maybe he'll tell his parents on us," Spot said, making them laugh harder.

Spike bang the lid trying to push it off, but Rover kept on sitting on top of it. Spike was about to cry after hearing about his parents like that when suddenly a Junior girl walked down the hallway carrying a soccer ball in her arm and a iPod in her pocket listening to rock music with her earphones. She wore a blue skirt and a blue hoodie with a thunder striking on a rainbow on the front. She wore white stockings that was covering her knees and wears blue sneakers. Her hair was messy and long, also she dyes her hair with rainbow colors. She could hear the Diamond Dogs laughing out loud. She took the ear phones off and cried out to them.

"Leave him alone you jerks!" she cried out making the Diamond Dogs stop laughing.

Rover grunted and saw her walking towards him.

"Is this your girlfriend, Spike? You dog!" Rover said. "This is your first day and you already have a girl protecting your butt. How sweet."

"You leave him alone or else," she continued dropping her soccer ball down. It bounce for a bit and rolled to her.

"Or else what, Dash?" Rover continued insulting her. "You gonna beat us up because we can't hit a girl. Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!"

He pretended to cry like a baby as the girl lifts her feet and kicks the soccer ball at his face making him sent flying across the halls leaving a red mark on his face. He was knocked out while the soccer ball rolled away freely. The other two looked at Rover out cold and back to the girl. They had a worried face on them.

"Okay! Okay! We'll leave the brat alone... for now anyways" Spot said, running to Rover as Fido followed.

They grab Rover's arms and dragged him across the floor running away for retreat. The girl walked over the trash can and taps on the lid. Spike slowly lifted the lid off with a banana peel on his head. He saw what happen just a while ago. Spike notice that she was older than him. Made him blush a little seeing an older girl protecting him.

"You okay, kid," the girl asked.

"I'm... I'm fine," Spike answered receiving a flick on the head.

"Lair," she said, smiling. "The names Rainbow Dash, but you can call me Dash for short. And you?"

"Um... Spike," Spike nervously said while rubbing his head from the flick. "Nice to meet you... I guess."

"Listen, Kid."

"Spike," Spike corrected her.

"I prefer 'Kid'," Dash ignored him. "But really, listen. Don't let those three go bullying you like that. You got to stand up for yourself, find some dignity in you. Otherwise they'll keep bothering you."

"But they're bigger than me and I'm just a freshmen," Spike whined.

"...You're a freshmen?" Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow looking at his age.

"I skipped a couple of grades," Spike answered. "I used to go to middle school."

"So you're a smarty pants like Twilight," Dash lifts Spike out of the trash can and made him stand up covered in garbage. She cleans him up as she kept talking. "You know she's the smartest girl in school and tried to skipped a grade once. But she wanted to learn more along the years. Man she and my other friends are going to flip when they see you."

"Wait, friends as in... girl friends?" Spike nervously said.

"Of course, why wouldn't it be," Dash completely clean Spike and fix his hair. She stopped for a moment thinking. "Are you shy... over girls?"

"What! Pfft! No," Spike doubted her. "I don't have a problem with a girl of my age."

"Oh~~~," Dash sung the word as she squat down to her knees touching her nose onto Spike's, this made him blush a bit. "You're just shy over girls who are older than you."

Spike blushed red. He threw his hood up hiding his blush away.

"Your shyer than Fluttershy, kid," Dash stood back up laughing. "I like you already."

She fist Spike on the shoulder making him snap out of it. Spike looks up seeing her smiling at him.

"I forgot to say thanks when you save my butt back there," Spike spat out the sentence.

"It's okay, little dude," Dash said. "Tell you what, since I guess you're new here and all, why don't come and find me during lunchtime sit with and my friends. I'm sure they'll like you."

"You sure? I mean, I don't want to be a bother," Spike said.

"A bother? Please," Dash grabs his shoulder and pulls hum towards her. "You're like ten, you skipped a grade, and my friends are going to adore you. Would you like a real detour?" Dash suggested.

"You're not going to do the same thing that those jerks did to me are you?" Spike wanted to make sure.

"No prob, and if those jerks bully you again, just come straight to me and I'll handle those losers for you in a split second."

The two of them walked down the hallway having a detour for real. Dash almost forgot about her soccer ball. She quickly ran to it and picked it up. They talked as they walked.

"When is lunch?" Spike asked.

"Two hours from now," Dash answered his question.

"Do you have class?"

"I'm an athletic student," Dash points her thumb to herself winking and smiling. "I Do soccer, basketball, weight lifting, I also love to run. Running is very good exercise you know. You?"

"I read a bit of comic books, play videogames, and watch a lot of TV series."

"No, I mean, what did you do here in school?" Dash made it easier for him. "Like what classes do you take, do you have a sport?"

"All I do really is science, history, math, and English I."

"You are such a bore," Dash chuckled. "How about I show you the football field first, Kid."

"I guess that's a good start," Spike smiled, hoping this time it was a real detour, it felt like one.

"Why are you wet?" Dash was curious when she found him wet.

"I rather not say it?" Spike said, changing the subject.

Spike and his new friend were walking across the football field watching the football players practicing. They saw cheerleaders who were practicing as well or just there to watch the football players practice. Spike was enjoying his tour with Rainbow Dash, he felt safer with her on his first day.

"Here is the football field, Kid," Dash explained. "Where football players practice and cheerleaders watches them as they practice, kind of stupid if you ask me."

"I think the cheerleaders aren't looking at the team," Spike said. "They're staring at that player over there."

Spike points to a player with a number 33 on his back. He ran across the field catching the football in his hands. His hair was dark blue and was wearing his football uniform. One of the players yelled out TOUCHDOWN! as if they were actually playing.

"That explains a lot, that's Shining Armor," Dash explained. "He's the most popular senior in school. And only the cool kids get to talk to him."

"Are you one of them?" Spike asked.

"You ask a lot of questions, don't ya," Dash puts her hands on her hip. "Come on, little dude. Onto the tour."

Rainbow Dash showed Spike the rest of the school. She showed him the gym, his classrooms, the library, and finally the cafeteria. Later on the bell rung and it was lunchtime. They grab their lunch and found a table to sir in.

Dash sat in the table. "Come sit by me and we'll meet the girls."

She patted the empty seat for Spike. he did as he was told and sat next to her. The cafeteria began to slowly crowded the place. The room was filled with laughter and gossip.

"It's a good thing that we came here last," Dash said. "Now it'll be easier for you to meet them and get to know them longer. The others should be here by now; one by one at least, hope you're ready to introduce yourself with the ladies."

"A little," Spike said in a nervous tone.

"Come on, it's an easy three letter word. All you have to say is 'Hi, I'm Spike' and the rest will be easy."

"If you say so," Spike shrugged his shoulders.

"Here's one of them now," Rainbow Dash points over to a girl in a simple yellow dress. Her pink hair was comb down neat with a hair clip that has a purple butterfly on it. She wore yellow slippers and short white stocking showing her knees.

"Hi, Rainbow Dash," the girl waved at her sitting down next to Spike laying her food tray on the table. "How are you today?"

"I'm fine thanks for asking," Dash said. "Spike, this is Fluttershy."

"Who?" Fluttershy turn her head to the small child finally noticing him. "Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Fluttershy."

"I'm, Spike," Spike introduce himself.

"What's a freshmen like you doing with us juniors?" Fluttershy said, smiling at him.

Spike was about to say something but Rainbow Dash interrupted their conversation.

"Oh, he's not just a freshmen, Shy," Dash spoke. "Well I mean he is now it's just that he used to be a middle schooler."

Fluttershy sat quietly slowly looking back at Spike. Spike leaned backed seeing the look she gave him and felt uncomfortable.

"You're a middle schooler?" Fluttershy asked.

"I... I used to be," Spike stuttered.

Fluttershy stared at him for a full minute. Finally she throws her arms around his neck and pulls him towards her. She hugs him tightly swaying him around left to right. Spike was losing air that his head almost came loose.

"That is so~~~ cute!" Fluttershy smiled and laughed, continuing to choke him.

Spike was blushing hard, he wanted to pull his hood up but couldn't reach because her arms were wrapping around her neck.

"I love it how you're blushing?" Fluttershy asked, seeing his face all red.

"I-I-I am not blushing!" Spike yelled, facing the other direction trying to avoid eye contact.

Fluttershy turn his head and did a nose to nose like a couple. She plays with his nose with hers.

"Don't lie to me, I can see it all over your face," Fluttershy giggled. "You are so cute when you blush!"

"I thought you said she was shy, Dash," Spike turned to her, showing his blushed face.

"I did, but isn't shy over something cute apparently," Dash said, while eating her lunch. "What grade did you say you were from, Kid? Eighth? Seventh?"

"I'm a sixth grader," Spike answered.

"A sixth grader?" Fluttershy stops hugging him. Spike looks at Fluttershy, wishing he hadn't said that. "THAT'S EVEN CUTER!"

"A sixth grader!? No way!" Rainbow Dash surprisingly said.

Fluttershy squeezed Spike around his neck even tighter. She pulls his face closer to hers. Spike tried to push her off breaking free, but she kept on grabbing a hold of her.

"Fluttershy?" a girl spoke behind the cute couple. "What are you doing?"

They both turn around and saw a girl wearing a purple sleeveless vest that was button up and a white collar sleeve shirt underneath it with a pink tie tied around underneath the collar like a ribbon. The edge of the sleeves were folded back and buttoned. She wore a purple skirt and carried a small brown pouch on her shoulder. She also wore light purple shoes and stockings that were losing up. Her hair was dark violet and had a Pink single line of hair stroking from front and back.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy gasped, still wrapping her arms around Spike's neck. "I was just... I mean... Well I... He was just... Um..."

"Who's this?" Twilight notices Spike being hugged to death.

"Hi, my name is Spike," Spike answered, gasping for air.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle. Did you say you used to be a sixth grader?" Twilight said. "I heard you yelling when Fluttershy hugged you to death."

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry!" Fluttershy let go of Spike and blushes embarrassed. "I got carried away and surprised of you and... and... and..."

"its okay, Fluttershy, really," Spike said. "I needed a hug today. I just didn't saw this coming."

"Why did you needed a hug when you were choking to death?" Dash tilts her head with an eyebrow up.

"You didn't remember," Spike turned to Dash. "I was bullied."

"Who's bullying ya, Partner?" a girl said, placing her hand on Spike's shoulder.

Spike turned looking up and saw a girl with freckles on her cheek wearing a cowgirl hat. Her blonde hair was tied with a red hair rubber band at the end of her hair. She wore a orange sleeve collar shirt that was tucked in along with a small brown vest over it, short blue jeans, and cowgirl boots on. She wore a belt around her shorts and another holding a pouch. She tips her hat back getting a good look at Spike.

"Never saw you around here before," Applejack said bending down placing her hands on her knees. "I'm Applejack."

"Spike," Spike spoke.

"Well, Spike, it's an honor to meet you," Applejack shook his hand. "I reckon your new around here, aren't ya?"

"Yeah," Spike smiled at her.

"Your awful cute for a Freshmen, ya know that," Applejack winked at him.

Spike gasp and threw his hood over his head groaning hiding his blush from everyone.

"Isn't he the cutest!?" Fluttershy wraps her arms around Spike from behind and planted her chin on top of his head. Spike grabs his hood and pulls it down covering his face. His mouth started to quiver from the blushes he kept making.

"Come on, Sugarcube," Applejack squats down trying to find his face. "There's no need to be shy and all. Everyone can tell yer blushen' and shyen' on us gals."

"Come on girls, stop teasing him," Twilight demanded.

"Aw, come on, Twi," Applejack stands back up. "I was just having a little fun with the kid here. Seemed to me that he had a hard time on his first day of high school."

Twilight squats down seeing Spike revealing his face to her. She smiled at him and took him away from Fluttershy. Fluttershy Aw sadly and Spike stood up looking down at the floor with his hood still up.

"You are shy, aren't you?" Twilight asked, but only got a nod from Spike. "It's okay to be shy. Fluttershy is, well, shy as well. And I think I know who can make your day happier."

"Yeah, where is Pinkie anyway?" Dash spoke, looking around.

"Is that a new student I see!" a girl cried out, tackling Spike to the ground.

Spike lay on the ground surprised while a dark pink puffy hair girl was on top of him. She wore a shirt with stripes going down and a dark pink bow around her neck. She also wore a dark pink skirt and pink stockings covering her knees and a pair of pink shoes with ribbons on them.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie," she grabs Spike's hand and shook rapidly. "That's a nickname I came up with because that's my favorite color. I like to party all day and night and I enjoy staying up all night partying. Do you have a favorite color? Is your favorite color pink? Of course not, you're a boy, why would a boy love the color pink when they could love the color blue, red, grey, green, yellow - maybe not yellow. Do you have hobbies, because I sure do? I decorate, take art class, I just join a dance club today, pulling pranks is my favorite - not sure why. Did I ever told you that I party hard? And when I party hard, I party hard till we all drop dead till we ran out of energy..."

Pinkie continued on and on about her still shaking Spike's hand. Spike jaws dropped open and couldn't catch up what she was saying. She talked to fast without taking a single breathe. Spike wanted to get up but Pinkie held his arms to the ground. Spike looked around seeing if anyone could help him or such. Only a girl came up and pulled Pinkie away from him.

Her hair was curled and purple, She wore a white sleeve button up shirt tuck into her purple shorts. Her white belt wrapped around her waist and wore white slippers with no socks or stockings.

"Pinkie, dear," she said taking her to the lunch table and sat her down. "That is not the way we treat our new comer."

She walks up to Spike helping him up. She brushes the dirt off of him gently and took out her handkerchief wiping off his face.

"I'm terribly sorry child," she said, continuing cleaning him off. "Please to meet you, my name is Rarity and I am fascinated with your style. Fits you just right for your kind of look."

"Uh... thanks, I'm Spike by the way," Spike said, only blushing on his cheeks.

"Spike's a cute name," Rarity smiled, chuckling. "Is it because of your hair?"

"No, I call myself that because...," Spike paused and thought for a moment. He hesitated looking around the floor. Rarity was still waiting for Spike's answer, then Spike looks at her again. "Because that's a nickname I came up with."

"Well, darling," Rarity stood up, pushing him to the lunch table with the others. "Don't just tell me, Tell us about yourself."

Spike sat down between Dash and Twilight as the girls lean forward hearing Spike's story. Spike taps his fingers on the table thinking what to say, he was a little shy of this and looked around hesitating again. The girls were waiting for him to answer his story.

"Well..." Spike spoke. "I live by Mr. and Ms. Cake... and as some of you may have know that I was a 6th grader and-"

"A sixth grader?" Applejack cut him off, and was surprised to add.

"I know, right!" Rainbow Dash got excited. "Can you believe it?"

"That's impressive," Twilight said, getting comfortable for more details for our small blushed up friend. "Still hard to believe that a sixth grader such as you would made it this far?"

"I guess making straight A's or study to hard, I always turn my work in," Spike continued, scratching the back of his head laughing.

"Quick question, Spike," Pinkie leans forward on the table, giving Spike the look. "What... is your favorite color?"

Spike raises an eyebrow and look at Dash. She shrugs at him shaking her head. Spike looks back at Pinkie, who was still waiting for an answer.

"Uh... Purple," Spike spat out.

"I knew it," Pinkie said, slamming her fist down on the table.

"Don't mind her dearie," Rarity said. "Pinkie always random at time to time."

"I don't mind really," Pinkie smiled. "I love being random, that's what always makes people happy."

She took a party horn out of her shirt and blew it making confetti come out raining on Spike. Spike couldn't help but laughed a bit.

"They don't call me Pinkie for nothing," Pinkie crossed her arms.

"I want to get to know you guys better as well," Spike said. "If that's okay with you."

"I think that's a good idea," Twilight said, starting her introduction. "My name is Twilight Sparkle - just a little reminder in case you forgotten, after what happen with you and Fluttershy. I'm the smartest out of the group, I also make straight A's myself."

"Yeah," Dash spoke. "She's a smarty pants like you, kid."

"I'm Fluttershy," Fluttershy announced. "I'm sorry that I got carried away, and it's okay to be shy because I'm shy as well."

"You seemed cheerful when you first met me," Spike said.

"Only because you're a Freshmen who skipped from sixth grade. And besides, I think it's adorable that a ten year old is in high school with us."

"Rarity, the fashion designer," Rarity scoots closer to Spike. "I design clothes for a living. Also hair designer, makeup expert, and go shopping for a living. And I also adore your jacket. It's just your size and style."

"Thanks," Spike was getting comfortable, now that he was getting to know them.

"You probably know about Rainbow Dash here," Applejack said, skipping her. "The name's Applejack, Sugarcube. I'm a western folk around school, and I sell apples."

She took an apple out of her pouch and tossed it to Spike. Spike caught it and she wanted him to eat it. Spike took a bit out of it and chewed the piece. He swallowed it and his eyes widen with glory.

"This is the best apple I ever tasted!" Spike smiled. "Where did you bought it."

"Actually, partner, I grew them," Applejack continued. "I grow apple trees at my home. A huge field where dozens of apples can grow and Granny Smith always makes something out of them. Like applepie, applesauce, applejuice."

"And apple cider," Dash rest her chin on her hands drooling, imagining herself drinking the cider.

"Isn't that beer though?" Spike asked.

"We got the funny stuff out," Applejack stood up and goes behind Spike. She bends down resting her hands on her knees and her head over Spike's shoulders. "How are you likin' this school?"

Spike looked down disappointed and sad. Rainbow Dash already knows about his situation. The girls stared at him. Spike throws his hood up over his head again, only this time he wasn't blushing.

"I had a hard time since school started," Spike answered. "A couple of bullies picked on me."

"What! What bullies?" Twilight gasped and demanded her answer from him.

Spike wanted to say but couldn't remember their names. He suddenly saw them walking down through the cafeteria.

"Them," Spike points to them giving them a good example.

The girls turn to see where Spike was pointing. They saw Rover took a cupcake from a student and ate it. The student was about to say something but Fido shoves his face away from them pushing him down. Spike saw Rover's face; the mark on his face from the soccer ball Rainbow Dash kicked left him was gone.

"The Diamond Dogs picked on you?" Fluttershy spoke.

"Usually they pick on people on their so called 'Turf'," Twilight said, air quoting the word turf.

"Actually he was in their turf, picked on him pretty good if you ask me," Rainbow Dash spoke.

"Is this true?" Pinkie asked.

"Sadly yes," Spike answered. "They took my backpack and dump it, gave me a wedgie, a swirly, and dumped me in a trash can. And that's where I met Rainbow Dash."

"Those jerks!" Applejack said, slamming her hands on the table getting aggressive.

"If I were you, I would go tell the principal," Rarity suggested.

"Yeah, like they would care about getting detention for a week or two," Dash said.

"Well we gotta do something about this," Applejack said. "I'm not gonna let them do that to Spike ever again."

"We only met a few minutes ago and you want revenge now?" Spike said.

"Ya know what they did with my apples?" Applejack shook his shoulders, making his head bobble back and forth. "They just chunk them at a wall making target practice out of them."

"Target practice for what?" Spike asked when an apple went flying by him almost hitting his head.

He looked to see who chunked the apple and of course, he saw the Diamond Dogs looking away from Spike as they whistled. Rover turned his head looking at Spike, giving him a smirk face and a chuckle. Then they left the cafeteria heading for their next class.

"I see," Spike said squinting at them as they walk off, giving them a dirty look.

"That tears it!" Dash cried out. "Think they can mess with us, well we can mess with them back."

"How though?" Fluttershy asked. "They could find another way to mess with us."

"That's why Applejack, Twilight, and I are going to handle this," Dash said.

"I'm doing what now?" Twilight looked at Rainbow Dash.

"You'll see, and Spike, you're tagging along as well," she turned to Spike, seeing him surprised of the situation here.

"What! Why?" Spike panicked.

"Because you're the witness and been bullied by them like they bullied us. We will start a revolution at this point on."

"I guess that makes sense, but what exactly are we doing?" Spike dared to ask.


"Rainbow Dash, I'm not doing this!" Spike whispered loudly.

It was dark out as the moonlight beamed down on the gang. Spike, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack were behind a bush waiting for the school lights to turn off. The four of them were about to break in the school, that was Rainbow Dash's idea in the first place.

"Be quiet or the guards might hear us!" Rainbow Dash shushed him.

"What guards?" Applejack whispered to her. "All ah see are nothin'."

"You're ruining the moment, AJ," Rainbow Dash whispered back. "I was just thinking that we could sneak in like Daring Do would."

"Daring Who?" Spike asked.

"Rainbow Dash's favorite hero," Twilight explained. "She's an explorer who fights off bandits and protects different treasures from evil. It's quite a good book series is you ask me."

"Guys, it's almost time," Dash whispered, looking at her watch. "Aaaaaand..."

The school lights shutdown, making the area completely dark and hard to see.

"Bingo!" Rainbow Dash stood up. "Grab the bag and see if we got everything."

Applejack grabs a bag out of the bush filled with useful things.

"Okay," Dash continued, taking a list out of her hoodie. "Flashlights?"

"Check," Applejack said, looking through the bag.

"Crowbar?"

"Check."

"Walkie-talkies?"

"Check."

"Map?"

"Why do we need a map for?" Spike asked.

"Because it's what Daring Do would do," Rainbow Dash answered. "AJ?"

"Check," Applejack took the flashlights and a crowbar out. "Y'all ready?"

"Let's do this," Rainbow Dash snatches the flashlight and crowbar out of Applejack's hand.

They all ran to the empty field quietly and went to a close window. Rainbow Dash uses the crowbar and jabs it at an small open crack under the window. She pushes the crowbar down and opens the window with force. Rainbow Dash went inside first to make sure no one else was there.

"Coast is clear,""she said turning on her flashlight.

Twilight climbs through the window, followed by Applejack, and Spike who stand there scared.

"We're going to get in trouble you guys!" Spike panicked.

"You only get in trouble if ya get caught, Sugarcube," Applejack said climbing inside the building.

"Caught!" Spike gasps.

He looks around the area making sure nobody was out here with him till Applejack reached out grabbing a hold of Spike's hoodie and pulled him in making him yelp. Applejack closes the window and they entered the dark hallways.

The gang took their flashlights and shines the light down the empty hallway. Spike, Applejack, and Twilight walked down the hallway while Rainbow Dash did somersaults down the hallway. Spike watches her doing so giving her a disappointed face. He looks at the girls and they just shook their heads. They continued down until the hall spilt up by two. Rainbow Dash peeks around the corner making sure no one was there.

"Okay guys," Rainbow Dash said still peeking around. "Let's split up."

"Why are we splitting up?" Spike asked.

"Because that's what Daring Do would do, dude," Dash said tossing him a walkie-talkie. "Me and Applejack will go find Rover's class while you and Twilight go find the computer room."

"I thought I was sticking with Spike," Applejack said, throwing her arms down making them dangling.

"Next time you can," Rainbow Dash went ahead, continuing doing her somersaults.

"Why is she doing that?" Spike asked.

"Because it's what Daring Do would do in a situation like this!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

"Maybe next time, Sugarcube," Applejack patted his back, smiling. She ran after Rainbow Dash leaving him and Twilight alone.

"Come on, let's go find the computer room," Twilight said going to the other direction.

The two walked down the dark hall looking for the computer room.

"We're gonna get in trouble for breaking in a school," Spike said, worrying.

"You're still worried about that," Twilight stops, shining her light at him.

"Aren't you?" Spike shines his light at her.

"I should be," Twilight smiled, like it was nothing. "I've always go to crazy adventures with those two; we always manage to slip away. Don't know how, but we manage... Can I ask you something?"

"Uh... Sure, Twilight, what is it?" Spike said.

"How is a sixth grader like you get to a Freshmen year?" Twilight asked.

Spike jumped at the question, like being spook of something.

"Didn't we already have this conversation at the lunch table?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, but that wasn't enough information though," Twilight threw her arms behind her head, relaxing her head. "And besides, you don't look that smart to me."

"What does that suppose to mean!" Spike shakes his fist at her. "I'm probably smarter than you!"

"You don't even know what year George Washington was born in."

"I do to know!" Spike turned around counting his fingers. "Uh... Let's see, 18? No. 1540... Uh... carry the 2... and uh... 16 something 9... Uh..."

Twilight couldn't help but laugh at him while she covers her stomach from the pain of laughter.

"Shut up!" Spike cried out. "I know the month and day I just don't know the year!"

"Your funny," Twilight wipes a tear out of her eye. "I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I'm just curious on how you gotten here?"

"I told you, I skipped a grade."

"You skipped three grades," Twilight said, holding three fingers up. "Fine, keep your secrets. I'll find out sooner or later."

She squats down and place her hands on his face cheeks making Spike blush.

"Fluttershy was right," Twilight placed her head on his, looking at him. "You are cute when you're blushing."

She kissed him on the nose. Spike gasp and pushes himself against the wall throwing his hood up, again hiding his blushed face.

"Why do you always do that?" Twilight stands up, placing her hands on her hips.

"Do what?" Spike asked sheepishly.

"Put your hood over your head," Twilight points at him. "Every time we tease you like this you always put your hood on."

"Because it's embarrassing when I blush and you'll just laugh at me," Spike tucked his hood down tightly.

"I think it's adorable," Twilight walked towards him removing the hood.

Twilight froze and looks at his face Spike looks over to his left ignoring Twilight, imagining she didn't exist. His whole face was glowing pure red. Spike took a quick look at Twilight and looked away. Twilight stared at him for a moment and quickly gave him a hug. Spike got surprised and looks at Twilight. She smiled and the hug lasted for two minutes. She stops hugging and placed her hands on his shoulders and looks at him.

"That is so~~~ cute," Twilight said, mimicking Fluttershy voice. "Come on. let's go find the computer room."

She stood up and walked down the hallway, leaving Spike speechless and still red. Spike stared at her with his jaws dropped open.

"She didn't... made fun of me?" Spike said and soon followed her.

Later they found the computer room. They enter the room and to their surprise the door was unlocked. Twilight turn on a computer and started to research something out of it. She types her finger on the keyboard lighting fast, scrabbling all over it.

"What are you doing?" Spike asked.

"I'm searching for students," Twilight said. "I'm the office manager and I can look up any student there is."

"That's amazing."

"Nothing big really. All I do is make sure who's here and who's not. Keeping track of their grades. And see who's tardy. Oh! Want to see something cool?"

"Sure?"

"We got them!" Rainbow Dash enters the room with stacks of papers in her hands.

"We hit the motherload," Applejack came from behind while looking out the door, making sure nobody would come by.

"What are you two doing?" Rainbow Dash leans down, looking at the computer.

"I was just showing Spike the students grades," Twilight answer.

She type in her name and a picture of her pop up. Her name, age, birth of date, and information about her. Five stars popped up below her picture and made Rainbow Dash curious.

"What's the stars for?" she asked.

"Those stars represent on how well your grades are: For example," Twilight types in her friend's name. Applejack's was a four in a half stars. Rarity was two. Fluttershy was two in a half. and Pinkie was a one star.

"I never knew that," Rainbow Dash said. "Type in my name, I want see how many stars I have."

Twilight type in her name and this as the results they found out. [BLANK].

"Ouch," Spike clenches his hand on his chest.

"That can't be right, check-check-check it again," Dash stuttered.

"Sorry, Rainbow Dash," Twilight said. "But the stars can't lie."

"Maybe if ya turn in your work more often, maybe you have a better chance ta raise a star-in-a-half," Applejack joked.

"Who are we looking for anyway?" Spike asked.

Rover, your bully, our bully," Twilight said, typing away his name.

A picture of Rover popped up showing an aggressive face at Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash.

"Okay," Twilight began reading through the information. "Rover is a 19 year old student who works at a coal mine with his dad. He's always late for class and sometimes turns in his work properly, his star average is a half of star."

"Oh, come on!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I still don't get why we need anything useless," Spike said.

"We now know his information and dumb as a sack of hammers," Applejack said.

"Also we found this," Rainbow Dash set the papers down and looks through each page. "These are Rover's last year's work, including this."

She hand Twilight a paper with the title name writing Love, Hate, & Fear.

"Ah wanna look at that there paper," Applejack said walking up to the group.

They read through it looking what Rainbow Dash was talking about.

"I still don't see the reason," Spike said as Rainbow Dash flips the paper over.

all of them at once leaned in and read what was written about his fear. They stared at the page wide open, couldn't believe what they were reading.

"That's his worst fear?" Twilight and the gang tilted their head together.

"Ah fell sorry for this jerk already," Applejack said.

"I'm not even gonna question that," Spike said, crossing his arms.

"Then it's settled," Dash clap her hand together. "Tomorrow, we'll make him remember the day we bully him back."

"Let's do it," Spike said.

"This is going to be great," Dash continued. "This is just like the story, Daring Do: Book 7. She takes her revenge on an arch nemesis when she was 7 and took back what rightly was her. It's exactly-"

"We know! It's what Daring Do would do!" Spike, Twilight, and Applejack cried out.

The next day in the gym, Rover was in the men's shower room alone cleaning himself up. He was in the shower singing The Eye of the Tiger while washing himself. He sang horribly while hitting the high pitches he couldn't hit.

"iTS's tHe, eYE OF thE TigEr it'S THE tHRilL of ThE FiGht, RIsiN' up To THE cHalLeNGe Of oUR RivAL, anD THe LaSt-"

CLANK!

Rover stops singing and turned off the shower. He slowly leans back seeing who was in here with him. All he saw was the locker, his clothes on the bench, and the other empty showers. He went back into the shower and shrugs. He turns the shower back on and continued his singing. As he didn't notice, Spike peeks around the corner, wearing Rainbow Dash's hoodie. He tiptoed his way towards Rover's clothes without making Rover notice. When Spike reaches to the clothes, he quickly snatches them leaving the underwear behind and took off running. Rover quickly turned off the shower and steps out of it, seeing Spike running away with his clothes.

"I'm gonna kick your ass, Rainbow Dash!" Rover mistook of Spike as Rainbow Dash.

He quickly put on his underwear on and ran after him, but slipped on the floor. The floor was still wet from the shower he took. He quickly got up and rushes after him. Spike entered the basketball court in the gym and saw Applejack waiting for him. He threw the clothes at her and continued running. Applejack saw Rover running across the hallway with his underwear on. She quickly hid under the bleachers and watches him go dashing by her. She then quickly hurried into the men's shower room putting the clothes back in there.

Rover ran into the hallway and lost sight of Rainbow Dash - AKA, Spike. Rover looks around finding him nowhere.

"I got to hurry before next class starts," Rover said, hesitating. "What time is it?"

He looks at a clock and saw it was 10:00 a.m. Next class started now.

"Oh, shit," Rover said.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

The whole classroom doors open letting students out; they saw Rover in his underwear and laughed at him. They took out their phones snapping pictures of him. Rover panics and tried to cover himself, but was impossible to. He grabs the nearest trash lid hiding his underwear. He was shivering from the shower water and made his teeth chatter. He looks around seeing student laughing and taking pictures. Finally he saw Spike in his purple hooded jacket laughing. Rover points at him making Spike stop laughing.

"You!" Rover shouted rushing towards him.

Spike walks backwards and tripped, crawling back for his life. But Rover grabs his shirt and was ready to beat him up. He raises a fist at Spike and shook it. The students around them stops laughing and knew what comes next.

"You're gonna get it now, little man!" Rover was about to throw a punch at Spike but was stop by a hand grabbing on him.

"Rover!" Principal Celestia yelled, grabbing a hold of his wrist. "That is not the way we treat on other students!"

Rover quickly got up still slipping from the water. Spike remains seated on the ground.

"Where on Earth are your clothes at?" Principal Celestia asked.

"This little brat took them from me when I was taking a shower," Rover points at Spike. "Where are my clothes, you little runt!"

"Rover!"Celestia barked at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Spike said, lying. "I was walking down the hallway when I see Rover here in his underwear."

"That's a lie!" Rover snapped. "I saw you running with my clothes and saw you wearing a blue hoodie. Dressing up like Rainbow Dash, please. I could tell by your own height, all small and little and weak. And if you don't believe me Principal Celestia, go look in the showers and you'll see that-"

"Rover! Why the hell are you in your underwear?" Spot said, carrying his shirt.

"You left these in the showers when we were having our next class together," Fido said, holding his pants.

Rover tilted his head and looks back and forth at Spike and the clothes. He was confused of what just happened.

"But I thought... and you were... But I saw..." Rover stuttered. "Wait, you didn't... then she..."

"My office, Rover, if you don't mind," Principal Celestia said. "After you put your clothes back on."

Rover did as he was told. He walked down with Celestia with pictures snapping at him. Spike took a big sigh and was about to stand up when a hand reached out to him.

"Need a hand?" Rainbow Dash asked, smiling.

Spike smiled and took her hand helping him up.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash," Spike said, walking his locker and took out Rainbow Dashes hoodie out giving it to her. "Who would've thought that putting his clothes back was a good get away?"

"You learn from the best," Rainbow Dash smiled.

"SPIKE!" Spike turn to see Fluttershy bashing into him, giving him a tight hug. "He didn't hurt you did he? Don't scare me like that ever again!"

"I'm okay, Fluttershy," Spike smiled giving her a hug back. "Honest."

Fluttershy blushed, but didn't mind that. Spike saw Twilight and Rarity walking down the hallway talking.

"So that's his fear? His fear is being in his underwear in public," Rarity said.

"His report said that he had a dream like that once, scared him to death," Twilight laughed.

"I can't believe you let me enter the guy's public area," Applejack said, crossing her arms as she walks towards Spike.

"But it worked, didn't it," Spike said, still hugging Fluttershy.

"I've got it! I got the whole thing!" Pinkie pops out of nowhere, scaring Spike and Fluttershy.

Pinkie played a recorded video on her phone and shows that Rover was in his underwear.

"Best. Day. Ever," Dash said.

"Now he'll think twice before messing with us," Twilight said.

The gang laughed as they walked down the hallway together.

Later that day, lunch started and Spike walk to his table with lunch in his hand. He smiled thinking about what he did to Rover, priceless he thought.

"This is great," Spike said to himself. "I already made six friends, I got revenge on a bully, and I can relax just for a day. Today can't get any worse."

He saw the girls in a lunch table laughing and giggling. When Spike walks over to the table he couldn't help but asked them what was so funny.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Spike asked, receiving big smiles from the girls. Spike didn't felt comfortable about this situation.

"Why didn't you tell us you blush like that," Pinkie spoke.

"What!" Spike quickly down his lunch tray and look at what they were looking at, making Spike speechless.

A video on Twilight's phone was showing of him when Twilight removed his hood when they were breaking in the school. It showed him his blush he kept hiding from everyone.

"Is that why you put your hood up?" Fluttershy asked.

"TWILIGHT!" Spike cried out.

"I couldn't help it," Twilight said. "The girls asked me to, they want me to de-hood you and reveal why you always hiding your face. And now we know the reason."

"I thought that was between us!" Spike said, already blushing.

"Come on, dearie," Rarity said. "I want to see you blushing like that."

"No!" Spike looked away from her.

"Come on now, Sugarcube," Applejack lean in forward.

"NO!" Spike turn around throwing his hood over his head, But Pinkie grabs him from behind and pulls him towards her. Locking her arms around his waist. "Let go Pinkie!"

"Not a chance," Pinkie pulled down his hood.

Spike face was red, but not red enough. He quickly covers his face with his hands.

"Shoot, he's not red as a tomato yet," Applejack said.

"I got an idea," Rarity said. "Fluttershy, be a dear and go to the other side of Spike."

"Okay," Fluttershy rushes to Spike's right side and Rarity on the left.

"What are you doing?" Spike dared asked.

"We're going to kiss you," Rarity winked at him.

"I love that idea," Fluttershy said.

"I HATE THAT IDEA!" Spike cried out, still covering his face.

His hands were taking by Pinkie and Applejack. Spike tried to pull them away, but was weak compare to them.

"Ya better pucker up, Buttercup," Applejack said. "Because after them, Me and Pinkie are next."

"WHAT!" Spike looked at Applejack, blushing at her.

Pinkie lifted Spike up and made him sat on her lap.

"You ready, lover boy?" Pinkie said, rubbing her face against Spike's.

"NO!" Spike was trying to break loose as hard as he could.

"Ready?" Rarity said, counting down.

"Together though," Fluttershy said.

"1, 2, 3," Rarity and Fluttershy counted, placing their kiss on Spike's cheeks.

Spike settled down and stopped squirming. The kiss lasted for a full minute, enough to make Spike face pure red. Rarity and Fluttershy removed their kiss and they both hugged him on both side. Spike really wanted to hide his face, but was still trapped by Applejack and Pinkie.

"Our turn!" Pinkie yelled placing her kiss on Spike's cheek.

"Hey, don't have all the fun, Pinkie!" Applejack said placing her kiss on Spike's other cheek.

"So~~~ cute!" They all said.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash laughed at them and Spike. Spike was happy when they kissed him. He never received kisses from girls, especially ones who were older than him.

Spike second day of School. Turn out today was very, very lucky for him. He couldn't wait to meet new friends, meet his new teachers, and have new crazy adventures with his six first friends. This was the beginning though, throughout the school years he'll encounter new enemies ahead of him, love stories that his friends may fight over him, and finding out why Spike skipped a school and moved to a Freshmen student as a ten year old.