• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 21,217 Views, 631 Comments

Stone Cold - M_D_Quill



Pulled into a strange world, meeting fantasy creatures, and stuck in stone. Isn't life grand...

  • ...
42
 631
 21,217

Chapter 15

I saw a ceiling. A white tiled ceiling. Why are they always white? Why can’t they be something interesting, like yellow and black. A ‘bee colored’ ceiling! That drips honey! Brilliant!

I used my elbow to prop myself up and looked around. Smoke was hovering around a pile of metal pieces, and there were two horses leaning inside the walls. And not a trace of honey or bees anywhere. I was severely disappointed.

A yawn forced itself out of me. I realized that my arms and legs were feeling really stiff, so I stretched them out. I felt a small burst of pain on my side, so I looked down and noticed a scab... I guess I stopped leaking not too long ago.

A gasp sounded on the other side of the room, and I looked over to see a white pony in a lab coat thing. At least I’m assuming it was a lab coat. It was long, white, and he had one of those ice cold things doctors put on you to hear your heart. Oh, and he was flanked by two moderators.

Me, being the nice and polite person I am, smiled at them and greeted them. And would you believe it, the white pony in the coat just fell onto the floor and went to sleep. He must have been tired, the poor thing. But he could've at least said ‘good night’ or something.

I moved to stand up, but there were some more sharp pointy objects blocking my way. I looked up to see the moderators holding their spears at me.

“Excuse me, you are blocking my way,” I informed them.

“You have to stay in bed,” one of them growled. I scrunched my eyes shut and took in a deep breath. Seriously, he needed a tic tac. That smelled worse than a fish locked in a car for a week in the summer (trust me, that smells pretty bad).

After a second, I recovered enough ask him why I had to stay in bed.

The second moderator cleared his throat, so I looked at him. “You need to stay in bed until... um, we... clean up the mess,” he managed to get out.

The first moderator jumped in, “Yes! It would be... bad if you accidently stepped on something sharp and hurt yourself again.”

I looked between them both. Something was fishy, and I don’t mean that one’s breath. It was like they were not telling me everything, but they did make a good point. If something sharp was down there, I could step on it and feel pain again, and pain was bad.

Or was it bad? I pinched myself and flinched. Yeah... pain was bad.

I gave them both a smile and laid back down on the bed, staring at that boring ceiling. I heard them sigh and move around the room. They grabbed both the unicorns that were leaning on the walls and the white pony. They exited the room and I heard a click.

I looked around the room and saw that the piles of metal junk were still lying around. I guess they must have left to get a broom to sweep it all up. I sat there, counting to myself and twiddling my fingers together. Once I reached three hundred, I began to think...

“Ya know, I don’t think they are coming back,” I said out loud.

I waited for the voice to answer back, like he usually did, but all I heard was silence. With a shrug, I sat up and got out of the bed. Carefully avoiding the metal pieces, I moved over to the door and knocked.

“Hello?” I called out, “Is anyone out there?”

More silence... I growled in frustration and knocked on the door with my foot, but it wouldn’t budge. With a shrug of my shoulders, I decided I was probably stuck in here for a while.

I glanced around the room, examining each of the piles of junk. If I didn’t know any better, I would say they used to make something...

An idea popped into my head! I let out a laugh and jumped at the piles of debris. I was going to make a toy to play with! Maybe with it this room wouldn’t be so boring.

x.X.x

“Geez Octi, cut back a little!” Vinyl scolded as she grabbed the almost empty bottle of wine.

The gray mare growled and snatched the bottle out of the air and quickly guzzled down the remaining liquid. With a hiccup, she threw the now empty container onto the floor with a shattering crash. She stared across the room at the glass fragments for a minute before attempting to get out of the chair.

Vinyl jumped up and grabbed her friend before she moved very far away. “Where do you think you’re going?”

Vinyl held onto the intoxicated mare as she spluttered about getting another drink and struggled to break free. In her struggles, Octavia’s hoof slipped on a small puddle of spilled liquid and the two mares tumbled onto the floor, where Octavia’s struggles turned into a wrestling match to see who was going to stand up first.

Fortunately, Vinyl had the advantage of being mostly sober, so she managed to get on top of Octavia and pin her down.

“Let me up!” Octavia shouted.

Vinyl shook her head. “No. I won’t let my friend drink herself to the grave,” she soothed.

“Let... me... up!” cried the struggling pony. “I’ve lost everything! So let me go!”

“You have not lost everything, Octi!”

Octavia ceased struggling and curled up on the floor, sobbing. “Yes I have Vinyl... I have nothing left.”

Vinyl relaxed her grip on her friend with a sigh. “Suspension is not termination, Octi. You can still go back to the orchestra in a couple months.”

The gray mare glared at the white unicorn. “Yeah, go back and be at best, second chair!”

“Octi...”

She sat up. “Don’t tell me it won’t be that bad! I’ve worked half my life to get to first chair. And now that... that... this has happened, I’d be lucky if I could be even third! The orchestra takes great pride in having the best of the best play in their ranks. Not just in talent, but in lawfulness and morality!”

Vinyl could only watch at her sobbing friend.

“A black mark... this is all a big fat black mark on my records,” she cried. “I’ll never be first again... I’ll never play at the Gala again... or in front of the princesses because of this one, single, stupid mark.” She fell back to the floor and curled up in misery. “I wish I froze to death in that garden instead of being found and saved.”

Vinyl’s breath caught and she smacked Octavia before she could think. The intoxicated mare jumped at the strike and stared at the unicorn.

“Don’t you ever say something like that again!” Vinyl shouted. She stood up and stomped over to the bar and slammed the liquor cabinet shut. She turned the key and with a resounding click locked it. “There, no more alcohol for you,” she gloated holding the key in front of the shocked mare.

“But—” Octavia started.

“No buts!” Vinyl growled, “I can’t stand seeing my best friend drinking her life away and wishing she died. Do you see me crying at me losing my job because I was hospitalized by that monster a few weeks back?”

Octavia gulped and slowly shook her head. Vinyl was right. The DJ was replaced during her hospitalization and was now struggling to find any work. DJ’ing is a very competitive field to get into, especially in Canterlot where dozens of new DJ’s wandered into the city every month.

“Then what do I do?” Octavia asked. “Accept being second best for the rest of my life?”

“That is the best thing you can do, Octi.” Vinyl sighed. “Unless you can somehow get one of the Princesses to pardon you completely, that is what you are going to have to do.”

Octavia’s ears perked up. “What did you say?” she asked intently.

Vinyl looked at her friend in a confused manner. “I said unless you can get one of the Princesses to—”

“Thats it!” Octavia shouted, jumping up in the air. She started to gallop to the door when she tripped on her own hooves and crashed onto the floor.

“Woah Prim and Proper, where do you think you are going?” Vinyl asked.

“I’m off to get the Princesses to pardon me.” Octavia declared. She stood back up and started to the door, wobbling dangerously back and forth.

“In your condition?” The white unicorn snorted. “You’d be lucky to get to your own front door by how drunk you are right now.” She watched as the gray mare stumbled closer and closer to the door. Right when she reached it, she fell over on her side and crashed with a snore.

Vinyl trotted over to her. She picked her up with some magic and placed her on her back. She carried her friend up to the bedroom and tucked her into bed. “If you are going to go to any princess, you might as well go to Princess Celestia after you sleep all that wine off. She is known to be the more forgiving of the two.”

With a sigh, Vinyl blew out the candle and closed the door.

x.X.x

Rainbow Dash sighed. “Twilight, are you sure that is why your brother is sending you home?”

“It’s the only logical explanation I could think of!” Twilight practically shouted. “He told me that my studies were about ‘the magic of friendship’, and I can’t do it from a distance. That means I need to gather up everypony and bring them back here!”

“Twilight, you can’t have everyone just pack up and leave because you want to study something,” Rainbow growled.

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Of course not.” She took a sheet of paper out of her bag. “I need to gather the element bearers just in case the creature wakes up. My readings show that he is stabilizing, and should be waking up soon. We need to be there to stop Discord if he decides to rampage through Canterlot again.”

“Hold it!” shouted Rainbow Dash, “Since when is Discord breaking free gain?”

“Rainbow... That creature is Discord. We cured him of his chaos.”

The pegasus sat back in shock. “We... cured him?”

“And that is why we need to bring everypony up to Canterlot.” Twilight said as a smile spread across her face, “Once he wakes up, all of us are going to teach Discord the magic of friendship!”

x.X.x

Deep in the holding cells underneath Canterlot Castle, a single pink pony sat in a pile of fresh straw.

“They might hold me now Daddy, but I will get free and save you from those mean, ugly, logical ponies. And then we can have fun playing with chaos all over again.”

A crazed laughter echoed through the halls, sending shivers down the backs of the guards who watched the forbidding jail.

Author's Note:

Midnight: Woo! Back to writing. I might be off for a few days to a week since I'm moving my room to the other side of my house. So my internet and stuff will be off for a while, but I'll be right back to writing once it is fixed back up!

Paradox: It would be easier if you organized the room before you moved the computer.

Midnight: Blasphemy! Move everything, organize later!

Paradox: Whatever you say, Mr. Author (who can't write quickly to save his life). Sorry to say, reader people, that this bozo will be busy, so he won't be able to write the next chapter until he 'cleans his room'.

Midnight: We are off hiatus, and I plan on finishing this story before I work on the others. Until I update again!