• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 21,218 Views, 631 Comments

Stone Cold - M_D_Quill



Pulled into a strange world, meeting fantasy creatures, and stuck in stone. Isn't life grand...

  • ...
42
 631
 21,218

Chapter 10

I underestimated her... I underestimated the rainbow maned pegasus... And it was awesome! She was a worthy opponent, someone to play the game of life with.

Someone to defeat!

She won’t find it so easy to beat me a second time, I know her game now. I vow that I will someday defeat her.

In order to defeat your enemy, you must know your enemy. In order to know your enemy, you must become your enemy.

Exactly! I will sit back and watch. I will study her moves, I will mimic her style, and I will become strong enough to defeat her.

I was not talking about the horse.

Then what are you talking abo-

“Ouch!” Paradox shouted. He turned and glared at the mod who poked him with the spear. “Watch where you’re pointing that thing.” I glanced down and noticed a red liquid slowly sliding down his side. “Great... now I’m leaking,” he muttered.

First my back when I broke free, then my chest from the pegasus, then my head when the same pegasus kicked over the barrel, and now the mod with his spear. I am really starting to not like this ‘pain’ feeling...

There are wounds that are deeper and more painful than anything that bleeds.

Ok buddy! You need to start explaining yourself! I don’t want to have to listen to some crazy voice in my head all the time!

“Sergeant!” I groaned as a white pegasus in Roman armor flew in... another interruption... can’t I have a decent conversation in my head in peace? “You are to escort the...” he waved his hoof at me, “to the main hall at once.”

“Understood!” the pony who poked me with the spear shouted. “Come along prisoner,” he ordered. I stared down at the pony as he glared up at me.

“No.” I sniffed.

Every moderator stopped moving and stared at me with shocked expressions. Many of them grasped their spears and pointed them at me, including the rude one who ordered me to follow him.

“W-what do you mean no?” he stammered.

I brushed his spear aside (and cut my hand in the process... ow). Towering over him, I gave him my biggest smile (don’t want to look too intimidating).

“I didn’t hear you say the magic word!” I giggled... no, laughed in a deep manly voice. Men don’t giggle…

The stallion moved back a step with a nervous expression. “Um... Come along... please?” he hesitantly muttered.

“Sure!” I shouted causing many of the ponies to jump back. I leaped past the ring of guards and began skipping down the street. If I am out of the hide-and-go-seek game, I am still allowed to have a little fun!

x.X.x

Octavia glared at the floating earth pony in front of her and suppressed a groan. She didn’t know who this purple and pink nightmare was, but for some reason she broke into her home and... convinced her to assist in something. So far, assisting meant sneaking into the Canterlot gardens.

Octavia shivered as she trudged through the banks of snow. The bare branches scraped against her back as they forced their way through the bushes.

“Why couldn’t we take the normal path again?” she groaned.

The pink pony turned around and blinked at her captive. “I have been caught too many times sneaking in here, so the guards know my face.” A smile bloomed on her face, “And it is fun to sneak through bushes! We are like spies going to save our captured friend!” She giggled and flew ahead almost out of view.

Octavia grimaced and pushed forward to keep up. Her insane captor might find this fun because she was not the one getting scrapes and cuts from the branches. When Octavia focused, she could watch as the bushes would literally twist away from the floating pony as she flew by, as if they were unwilling to touch her… and at the same time each brand moved and attempted to twist around her hooves or grab hold of her fur as if trying to hold her back to keep her away from the floating pony. She flinched at every snap and crack as she trudged her way through the brush. The magic of the Garden was afraid… and with good reason…

Octavia felt a shiver flow down her spine as she remembered the event in her apartment… when the pink pony ‘convinced’ her to assist her… and where Octavia learned the pink pony’s sense of ‘humor’…

Octavia sighed and peered through the branches to catch a glimpse where they were in the Garden. They were skirting the edge of the maze, keeping just inside of it, and were heading toward the statue section. She could just make out the form of the Three Captains through the brush. It meant that they were entering the same section her and Vinyl visited that day.

“Hurry up!”

Octavia jumped at the shrill whisper of the pink pony. She was hovering just above her and didn’t look very pleased.

“I am going as fast as I can thank you very much.” Octavia growled.

“Well, move faster! We are almost there.” She flew off through the brush and disappeared from view.

Octavia shook her head and trudged through the brush and breaking into a small field. Looking around, Octavia noticed a winding path that curved its way around the field along with statues randomly placed throughout the grassy sections.

Her captor was hovering over a pedestal surrounded by rubble. Stomping through the snow, Octavia made her way to her.

“Ok, we are here. What do you want me to do?” Octavia sniffed. The sooner she could finish whatever task the pink nightmare wanted, the faster she could go home and finally sleep all this madness off.

The pink pony turned around and gazed at Octavia with tears forming in her eyes. “He is gone...” she whispered. “Daddy broke free and left me here all alone... again...”

Octavia glared at her captor. Was she trying to make her feel pity? If she was she was hitting the note pretty flat. “Does this ‘Daddy’ of yours have to do with why you brought me here?” she growled. The pony slowly nodded her head. “Then good riddance!” Octavia shouted, causing the pink pony to jump back in surprise.

“Wha... What do you mean?” she gasped.

“What do I mean? WHAT DO I MEAN?!?” Octavia was fuming, “You broke into my house, terrorized me until I followed you, and brought me into a high security garden to look at some rubble! Now tell me in all that why I should give two bits about your ‘Precious Daddy’!”

The pink pony’s mouth opened and closed a number of times. Tears formed at the bottom of her eyes and slowly trickled down her cheeks. She sniffed and dropped onto the ground.

“I thought we were having fun...” she sobbed.

“Fun? How can anypony have fun when they are being held captive by an insane earth pony who can fly?!?”

“But...”

“No buts!” Octavia screamed. “I am done playing games. I am going home. Go find your Daddy on your own and STAY AWAY FROM ME!”

She turned to trot off, but a large cage of licorice burst from the ground and surrounded her. The pink pony flew in front of her and glared through the thick bars. Octavia shrank back into the cage and tripped over a piece of rubble. She glanced down at it to see it was part of the face of Discord. Her heart began to race and she quickly crawled to the far corner of the cage when she realized who she just yelled at... a daughter Chaos. Her ‘Daddy’ was the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony... the same one who destroyed half of Equestria a couple years ago.

“You are being a meanie,” she growled. “You are grounded! No supper for-” A scream erupted from somewhere in the city causing both ponies to turn. Octavia quickly glanced at her captor and noticed her large smile had returned. “Daddy is still here!” she giggled. With a small bounce, she slowly rose into the air.

“Where are you going?” Octavia asked.

“I’m going to find Daddy!” the hovering pony laughed and began to soar away.

A chill coursed down Octavia’s back as she watched her captor fly into the city. She glanced at the sun and realized that it was almost half way down to the horizon. Thoughts of her being stuck in the garden at night crossed through her mind. “Wait! Let me out of here!” Octavia cried out to the flying pony. There was no change in the direction the pony was flying, so either she was ignoring Octavia, or she didn’t hear.

Steadily, the form of the pink pony got smaller until she was lost in the roofs of Canterlot. Octavia sniffed and curled into a ball in the snow covered grass. She was locked in a cage inside the royal gardens... alone. Discord was free again and probably wrecking chaos all over Canterlot again... She wished she at least had her cello with her; then she would be able to get lost in creating music so she wouldn’t have to think on her situation.

She sat and watched the sun slowly descend.

“What did I do to deserve this...” she whimpered.

x.X.x

“Are we there yet?” I whined.

The lead moderator grunted and shoved me forward (he was a rude one). We have been walking for forever and the castle looked no closer than it did when we started... or is that just another shop... I can’t tell. All these pony buildings look the same.

“Is that the castle?” I asked only to have another grunt from the moderator. “How about over there? Is that the building...” I leapt over one of the moderators and glanced at what I pointed at... it was a trashcan.

“Sir, can we please gag him...” one of the moderators asked.

Yes, please gag him...

You do know you talk through my mouth too, right?

It is a sacrifice I am willing to take.

“Unfortunately we cannot, Private. The Princess wishes to speak with it, and it would inconvenience her if it was gagged.” The leading Moderator grunted.

“Then how about we tie it up so it can’t jump around?” another moderator asked. “We don’t want to inconvenience the Princess by him leaping around when she is trying to talk to him.”

The lead Moderator paused for a second and raised a hoof to his chin, as if thinking. (a preposterous idea, horses thinking.) He lowered the hoof after a second and a creepy grin crossed his face. He looked around at the other moderators and gave a small nod.

The moderators all turned toward me and began to form a circle. It is hard to look at all of them at once when they do that... I had to spin in a circle so I could see them. A few turns or so passed before I heard a faint poof sound, and tripped over something on the ground. I rolled over and realized that my legs were covered by a fluffy pink substance that leaked a brown liquid. Looking up, I saw a pink pony hovering above me with swirly eyes. Her eyebrows were knotted together and she wore a big frown.

“Who are you and what have you done with my Daddy?”

_______________________

Author's notes:

Midnight: I am back!

*muffled sounds come from a box*

Midnight: Ok, not completely back... I still won't be able to hit every week consistently.

*more muffled sounds*

Midnight: No! It is not from laziness. Life on this side of the screen is still kinda wacky.

*muffled question*

Midnight: Absolutely not! You will stay in there until I deem you fit to leave.

*muffled groan*

Midnight: *clears throat* Now, if you follow my blog, I did mention that this would be an extra long chapter (over 3000 words)... well, it is kinda true. I decided it would be best to break this up into smaller increments to keep the length of chapters as constant as possible. That, and I would force y'all to wait a bit longer if I wanted to finish the entire thing.

*muffled laughed*

Midnight: Author's don't get more powerful by the suffering of our readers! How can you even say something like that?

*muffled explanation*

Midnight: Cliffhangers are an exception... Everyone enjoys them!

*more muffled laughter*

Midnight: Enough! I think that is it for now. I will see y'all at the next update!

_______________________

A special thanks goes to primalcorn1 and Bronymaster for helping me break through my writer's block and plan the next part of the story. Also, a special thanks goes to ismartman, dax388, Crimson Lionheart, and Electro Light for editing the story so it isn't horrible.

Thanks guys!