• Published 2nd Apr 2014
  • 10,380 Views, 436 Comments

The Cuddlequest of Earth - Tyrannosaurus_Tux



Cuddles are great, especially when they're used globally.

  • ...
26
 436
 10,380

Another Chapter

John scratches the back of his head, and he adjusts his lab coat. Incredulously, he states, "You cannot be serious.”

“But I am serious, John,” said Maxwell. His own coat was wrinkled and dirtied from the latest in a series of overnight working shifts. Shaking his head, John looks out the glass to the CAT scanning room beyond, and then back to the computer displays. With no small amount of trepidation, John denied the figures that the computer was giving him. “Even if the facts support it, this just can’t be possible!” he nearly shouted.

With a few button presses, Maxwell said, “Look, I’m running the tests again because I still can’t believe it myself.”

After a few moments, and with baited breath and eager eyes, the test was run again. And again, the results came back... more or less the same. there was no denying it now. “Even if we somehow... are to the ponies as babies are to us, that’s not reason enough for them to go all out on our Earth.”

Maxwell sighed and looked out to the CAT Scan Machine beyond, which was looking deep into Celestia’s brain. She seemed to be having the time of her life, having pictures of humans of all varieties being shown as her brain scanned for consistent results. Rounding around the desk with long strides in his slacks, Maxwell opened the door to the CAT machine room itself, and called out, “Alright, you can stop.”

“But these pictures are cute!” squealed Celestia in protest.


====STUDY SHOWS PONIES TAKE TO HUMANS LIKE PARENT TO CHILD: IMPLICATIONS TO FOLLOW====


Celestia had enjoyed that study session with the cuddlebug humans, but now she had a crusade to run. She had opted to use changelings headed by Pinkie Pie and Chrysalis to spearhead the crusade. Once that was done, the other races moved in to secure the territory and make it safe for everyone. Dragons provided overwatch in case any... uninvited guests tried to crash the crusade, and Iron Will’s Better You program was actually going swimmingly well...

If only those so-called “last sane men” would just come out.


====GOOD MORNING EARTH AND WELCOME TO THE SNUGGLING CHANNEL PLEASE REPORT TO THE NEAREST PONY FOR CUDDLES IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY AND IF YOU HAVE YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER CUDDLE====


'What is this insanity?'

First, the invasion, then the takeover, and now he was on the run from the crazy things? Leonard was not having a good day. It was made worse when he walked by a “wanted snuggled” poster and saw his face and the other so-called “top unsnuggled people” with a reward for...

Wow, that was a lot of money.

Walking away, Leonard tried to keep on the down-low with his hoodie, but he somewhat sensed that he was trying a little too hard to be inconspicuous. Singing in the streets... ads for new magic powered products...

Somehow happy people? America just got really weird.

Leonard soon reached his destination, though.

The safehouse. It was a place for him and like-minded sane humans to hang out so they wouldn’t get jumped in the street. Heading inside, he took off his hood and joined the makeshift common area, which was filled with chatting people and a few old couches. A television was playing a movie Leonard didn’t recognize. Oh well. Leonard sat down and cracked open a can of... something. He didn’t care. He listened to the din for a while and caught someone talking about the latest news.

“... I’m telling you, this is gonna suck.”

“Yeah.”

“Invading aliens, I tell you!”

“Mmmmmhmmm."

Everybody was pretty much ignoring him, though. They all just wanted to get away from this cuddly nonsense. It had been a few hours since they arrived. They pretty much blitzed America and Europe. They stopped their advance because they “wanted to completely harmonize the already cuddled (read: conquered) countries.”

That just meant that everybody got recuddled several times because there was still some ‘residual corruption’ or something or other. He just stopped caring. After having narrowly escaping them, he had exactly no idea what was going on. After having your sense of normality shattered and then reassembled to make candyland, you just... ugh.

Leonard just needed a drink.

Too bad there weren’t anymore. Oh well. Sipping from his can of cheap local brand root beer, Leonard didn’t notice there was someone knocking at the door. He, however, did take notice when a voice near-shouted,

“You’re surrounded!”

In fact, Leonard was pretty sure everyone heard that... which would explain the panicking people.

I knew it! We’re all going to be brainwashed!

“Can’t we talk about this?”

“I HAVE ANXIETY ISSUES DON’T TOUCH ME!”

The door burst open, and crusader harmonization griffons charged through, headed by none other than one of their princesses.

Twilight Sparkle. That mare looked right at Leonard, and she gave him a gleeful smile. Leonard wasn’t having any of that. The griffons tackled people as they attempted to flee, and they were filled with their strange energies. Leonard had read about this. If they hugged someone, their goodwill for them helped hugged people in every way conceivable... or so the news said. For now, though, Leonard needed to flee the “safe house” to go look for another.


====NATO TO JOIN CUDDLE CRUSADE SO THEY CAN CUDDLE PEOPLE TOO====


Edward Portsmith rubbed his eyes and tried to clear his head, but as he awoke in his bedroom, a flurry of memories came back to him.

Americans. Ponies. Cuddling, what?

“Hello!”

Edward definitely did not scream like a little girl as he saw a familiar pink horse.

“I got you all comfy when you had to take that nap, but now we can cuddle!”

“Wha—OOMPF!”

The pony had tackled him again. As he was forced back to his bed, his only impulse was to exasperatedly ask,

“Whyyy?”

“Because you need help, silly!”

“W-What?”

“Remember all those nasty-wasty things that you ever knew?”

“What?”

“Well, they’re about to be gone!”

“What!?"

“That’s right!”

“B-But why!? Why do you have to h-hug me like this?”

“...I don’t know.”

She let go of Edward with a sigh and looked downtrodden.

“W-What?”

A green flash of fire later, and it was not a pink pony sitting on his bed, but some weird bug thing. He started backing up, but another flash of green fire and it was that same pink pony on the bed. Now Edward was really confused.

“That was what I look like normally. But since I joined the Grand Earth Cuddle Crusade and volunteered in Pinkie’s Corps, I’ve looked like the Equestrian Hero. We were instructed to hug people until they hugged back, and we could quote-unquote ‘cleanse them of their corruption’. I’m not sure how that’s supposed to work, but... it does.”

Edward’s silence was cause enough for the whatsit to continue,

“I’ve seen my fellow changelings turn bitter, sad beings into happier beings by simply... hugging them. Something about the magic of a Cuddle Crusader.”

“C-Cuddle Crusader?”

The pony/changeling/alien/whatever turned to face Edward, and it said,

“Oh, you don’t know. Long ago, our land was like yours. Unseen evils and bitterness threatened to consume the land, and evil still returns now and again. Nothing like here, though, but that’s what we’re trying to fix!”

The changeling in disguise flashed a practiced smile and said, stretching aside its forelimbs,

“S-So... can w-w-we still cuddle?”

Suddenly it became unsure and withdrawn, tapping its forelimbs together nervously,

“I-I mean... if that’s fine. You don’t mind, right?”

Edward by this point, while not unsympathetic was also unsure, but thought, eh and shrugged.

“Might as well.”

The Pinkified changeling squealed like a schoolgirl and rushed to his arms, uttering “thank you” over and over again while hugging her new friend. The cuddle magics started their work, and she got to feel full for the first time in ages as she felt Edward wrap his arms around her.


====CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS NEWSCASTERS YAY WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS RECORDING AAAH STOP IT STOP I====


It was inevitable. The President of the Russian Federation was sure of it.

War was suicide, seeing as the combined might of NATO and the Crusade would mean a protracted conflict at best.

Immediate defeat at worst.

So he stood with a squad of the FSB, waiting for his fate. Soon, someone reported,

“Sir, the Crusade delegate is approaching, but...”

“But what, Secretary?”

“They’re coming in on old Mi-24’s, sir. They seem to be fitted with loudspeakers.”

“что?”

Sure enough, old Crocodiles were flying in formation, making a landing in the Red Square, with their speakers playing the Russian Anthem. An odd sense of pride threatened to invade the trained men at the square, but they stood firm. Expecting a giant delegation of obviously alien or American delegations, they were surprised when instead a yellow Pegasus hopped out of the lead Crocodile, dressed in a modified olive green coat and a fluffy Shankara. And as some people noticed, she was wearing the most precious pairs of fur booties ahem.

The Russian President stepped forward and opened his mouth to say something when the Pegasus said,

“Вы должны гордиться вашей стране. Вам удалось сохранить ваша огатую историю, несмотря на все, что холодная, жестокий мир пытался бросить на вас. Ваши люди выносливы, и они победили много захватчиков. Но это время прошло. Россия не нуждается страдать прихоти судьбы и мужчин больше, Сука Блять.”

With a start, the President considered her words. He did get the gist of what she had to say, so he weighed his options.

Considering the situation that other countries were under, though... it seemed too good to pass up. Then he looked into her eyes.

Her big, blue eyes. The President should have balked since they were so big, yet he couldn’t help but note the impossible innocence and unconditional love behind them.

He had enough. He reached down and gave that little pegasus a good Russian hug.

Many a stoic disposition was tested that day.

Meanwhile, back in the helicopter...

“What was that 1000-bit bet, Applejack?”

“I was so sure it wouldn’t work. Okay, Rarity, I’ll pay you when we get back."


====RUSSIAN FEDERATION TO JOIN CUDDLE CRUSADE YAAAAAY DID WE GET OUR CUTIE MARKS?====


"She’s still after me..." Leonardo said in sheer exhaustion.

After fleeing the scene, Leonardo was still running.

Now in the forests of wherever-the-heck, Leonardo did his best to outlast his pursuer. Without any rest and water, though, Leonardo was getting rather tired. He had to rest.

Finding a suitable spot in the darkened forest, Leonardo bade his time and listened for any sign of that pony princess. He held his breath for as long as he could to try to keep quiet. Finally, he took control his breathing in this quiet place...

...

...

...

...

Usually, she would’ve said something by now, so why...

A sudden light source from his right answered his question.

“Hello there!”

Leonard panicked again and attempted to flee, but he only managed to drag himself out of his hiding spot before he collapsed. As he tried to crawl backward away from her, she said,

“Wait wait wait! You look like you could really use water right now!”

She levitated a full, unopened water bottle in front of her. Leonard regarded her for a moment, so she said,

“Here, just take it. No cuddling, promise.”

Leonard needed water too badly to argue, so he took it and drank his fill.

“...Thanks.”

“...No problem. What was your name?”

“Huh? Oh, it’s Leonard. I suppose it’s nice to meet you, Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

“Wha— how did you know my name?”

“You’re on the news pretty often."

Twilight covered her face and said meekly,

“Oh. Heheh.”

Twilight looked at him, a slight red still on her cheeks.

"Okaaay..."

Leonard finally asked, “So what happens now?”

“Oh, um... I did promise that I wouldn’t try to cuddle you... but I don’t want to see you run into the forest. It’s not good for anypo— anybody to be alone in a forest at night. What say you and I just walk back to civilization, okay?”

After an awkward pause, filled only with the sound of leaves rustling softly in the moonlight, Leonard finally relented.

“...S-Sure.”

Leonard got up and they started the trek back to the town. As they walked side-by-side Leonard got to thinking, and awkwardly asked Twilight, “So... nobility, eh?”

Twilight's ears pointed up, and she turned to Leonard, and replied, “What? Oh, um... I haven’t been a princess for very long.”

Perking up his eyebrows, Leonard thought about what that could mean. Was she not of royal blood? Leonard then inquired, “Adopted?”

“Oh, no. No, no, no. I was just appointed Princess recently when Celestia saw that I was worthy to become one.”

“Huh. So, any suitors out there?”

“U-Um... not so far. Now’s not the time for that, anyway.”

Twilight’s expression got dark, so Leonard asked,

“Boyfriend troubles?”

“Wha— oh no no. The only other prince that’s really ‘suitable’ for me is Prince Blueblood. I mean, you couldn’t find a worse suitor if you tried!”

They had stopped, and Twilight waved those front hooves of hers. That annoyed expression was just endearing to Leonard, though. Once they started moving again, Leonardo asked,

“So, he’s that bad, huh?”

“Oh, don’t even get me started! He probably doesn’t even know the difference between a kingdom and a principality!”

She somehow got her eyes googly and her voice took a mocking tone, and she said,

“Durrr, is it where they get more wine and servants?”

She went back to that same annoyed look as before and said,

“No, Blueblood, a Kingdom is ruled by a King while a Principality is ruled by a Prince! It doesn’t matter how much wine and servants either of those has!”

Leonard snickered and asked, “So is your country a kingdom or a principality?”

“Huh? Oh, it’s a kingdom principality for now. The Alicorn King and Queen of old left; it is said that one day they will return, but until then, the Princesses they raised must rule.”

“Fair enough.”


====CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TO TRY FOR CUDDLE CRUSADER CUTIE MARKS WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CAN’T DO THAT, MISTER?====


After a nice walk, Leonard had unexpectedly made a new friend.

There was that whole thing with Twilight stating with pride that she was the Princess of Friendship or something.

'Sure.'

As the city lights neared, and as the coast was almost clear, there were several shouts.

“Look! It’s him!"

“He’s come back safely!”

“Thanks to Princess Twilight Sparkle, that is!”

Leonardo was confused at the attention he was getting until he was tackled by a smaller griffon with dark feathers.

“Hey! You promised...”

“I only promised you that I wouldn’t snuggle you. That doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t get snuggled. Sorry. You’ll be fine, though.”

Leonardo struggled under the weight, then said, “Bugger. You will make a good politician yet.”

That was enough for Twilight to giggle at, and Leonardo was filled with snuggle magic.

Author's Note:

What do you mean I might not continue my most popular story ever