• Published 2nd Apr 2014
  • 5,325 Views, 237 Comments

Princess Stupid Jerk McButt Has A Picnic With Her Dumb Friends and Fluttershy, by the Great and Powerful Trixie - Twinkletail



No one likes Princess Stupid Jerk McButt and this is why. By the Great and Powerful Trixie

  • ...
19
 237
 5,325

All Colors Are Good in Their Own Way (Blue is Still Best)

One day, there was a pony named the Great and Powerful Trixie. She was an amazing magician, worthy of all the praise that ever came her way. Perhaps she could be a bit headstrong or self-centered at times, but when a pony is as talented as she, they sometimes cannot help themselves in that aspect. Everypony has their flaws, and this was the one and only flaw that Trixie possessed.

Trixie had gone through a rather rough patch recently. Of course, being as great and powerful as she was, she was able to make it through such hard times. To be fair, though, she likely would have had a bit of a harder time doing so if not for the help of others. Not that she would have been incapable of it; it simply would have taken longer.

Trixie was feeling rather down on this particular day (which probably seems difficult to believe for anypony who knows how great Trixie is). Her ego had been dealt a devastating blow by a visit from Fluttershy just a few days earlier. Fluttershy had made her feel very bad, and although Trixie knew that she was far too nice to do that on purpose, she had a hard time accepting that at first. Trixie had opened her heart to Fluttershy and admitted her feelings for her, and Fluttershy had...well, she was already involved with somepony. Trixie was crushed, and fell into a deep depression, one so deep that nopony else could match it. Trixie was the best at everything she did, even things that she did not want to be good at like being depressed. Such is the burden of the Great and Powerful Trixie.

Trixie was expecting yet another day of sadness and depression, and was pleasantly surprised to find that this would not be the case as she watched Fluttershy and her friends approach her cart. The six of them, especially Fluttershy, apologized to Trixie for how bad she was feeling, and they each brought a present for Trixie. Applejack gave Trixie a new wheel for her cart, something which Trixie needed despite her distrust of wheels. Rarity had made Trixie a new hat and cape which actually managed to look nearly as good as the ones Trixie owned had looked when they were brand new. Rainbow Dash had managed to earn Trixie a position as an opening act for an upcoming Wonderbolts show, and while Trixie knew she was better than an opening act, the gesture was still appreciated. Pinkie Pie had brought all the supplies necessary for a giant party in Trixie's honor, which made Trixie feel quite honored indeed.

As for Fluttershy, she apologized over and over again to Trixie for making her feel terrible. As Trixie expected, she had never meant to do so. She informed Trixie that she and her marefriend had spoken about the idea of polygamy, and that her marefriend had offered to allow Fluttershy and Trixie to experiment with this idea. Trixie knew in her heart that Fluttershy had proposed this because she could not resist the charm and grace of the Great and Powerful Trixie, but she opted not to say this at that moment, instead granting Fluttershy the esteemed privilege of a hug from her. The other ponies joined in on the hug, as a very small, centralized downpour of rain just so happened to appear and drop raindrops just under Trixie's eyes and down her cheeks.

Trixie was very thankful for these ponies whom she now graciously allowed to be called "friends." Even Princess Stu-

...Even Twilight Sparkle.

Comments ( 42 )

D'aww. Thats nice, shes finally lightening up. But Trixies love for Fluttershy, it could go one way or another... :twilightblush:. Ya know...

Eh. The polygamy felt a bit sudden. Gifts I can understand. But just deciding to share your relationship as an "I'm sorry for you being mean and I hope you feel better present" felt really . . . dumb.

Regardless, this was a great story overall. I just think that was a bad choice.

Aww, she said her name right at the end.:twilightsmile:

I did not expect that ending though.:twilightoops:
Fluttershy had an idea like that, wow.:rainbowderp:

Alondro #4 · May 1st, 2014 · · 25 ·

:facehoof:

Why is every pony in these stories gay?

Seriously, it's getting beyond stupid.

4322154
It's always the quiet ones :raritywink:

Great ending to a powerful story

Wow, this... this wasn't at all what I was expecting when I first started reading this.

4322227
Yup, never know what's going on in their heads til' they show or tell.:ajsmug:

And back to the self delusion. I am not sure which I liked more, the self-deluded Trixie or the facing reality Trixie.

Also, Fluttershy offering up polygamy does sound like something she would do. She does try to please everyone.

4322226

Actually, Applejack was straight. Please don't judge :twilightsmile:

Nice Story, Twinkletail.:twilightsmile:
I love it.

I love it!

But I'm pretty sure the word you were looking for was 'polyamory.' Polygamy is multiple marriages.

So this is it, I guess. That ended very nicely, and I'm glad to have read this. Thanks for the story!

I was going to make a comment complaining about the suddenness of the outcome, but then I read a certain comment (4322330) and thought, "Yes, that does seem like Fluttershy." (I'm a believer in polyamory, but this still seems a wee bit doomed.)

Also I kinda suspect Twilight isn't doing this JUST for Fluttershy's sake. I mean let's not forget, whatever else you can say about her Trixie does have one hot flank.

Woowho bring on the polygamy :pinkiecrazy:

4322226 Well, considering how few stallions there are to be found in Equestria...

4335212 There are plenty. They just don't talk much because they're kept as slaves by the mares. :trollestia:

4322330

This nails my exact reasoning behind Fluttershy deciding on that, with perhaps a little side of having a little attraction towards her :twilightsmile:

I realize that Twilight would be a much harder sell on the concept, but with how much she wants her friends to be happy and how into the concept of friendship she is, I figured that she might be willing to at least give it a try if it would mean making Fluttershy happy (by allowing her to make everypony happy) and finally make a real friend out of Trixie (and maybe moooore? :trixieshiftright: though that would probably be an un intended side-effect if it happened).

I might revisit this later in a sequel, once I actually get off my plot and update my other stuff :pinkiesmile:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4352474 Uh, yeah.

Unless the author was really crying for Trxie's plight, then they're fake. They may be real in the context of the story, but I suspect that the author may have just dripped some water on the page.

Yay! A happy ending. Possible a tad extreme to say Twilight was open to polyamory (I agree with others that this is a more appropriate word), On the other hand, I can see Twilight's analytically and maybe a little detached attitude lend to the idea that she'd simply view it as a efficient method to deal with things.

I enjoyed this story! :twilightsmile:

This was not at all what I expected and I am quite impressed by the depth poured into something that could have ended as a quick, funny, but possibly forgettable good laugh. Instead, it was raised to a higher level of fiction and I am highly impressed, once more. Even though it's long over and I don't need to follow it I want to favorite it anyway, because it was good. Well done. :twilightsmile:

The polygamy is too sudden, but other than that, this story is fine. :pinkiesmile:

It went in some unexpected directions, and I'm not sure how I feel about that offer at the end, but overall, it was a good read.

i.imgur.com/6MrWqNZ.png

Why aren't there more fave buttons? ; u ;

Had me right up until the end.

This was a great story man, like super great. It had a really fun opening and I think it had a nice theme in that, it doesn't matter what happens or how much can change between people after certain events, a grudge can still fester pretty deep in someone's soul.

But yeah, this story was pretty fun, and man(or lady), you put me on the verge of tears so yeah... umm... I don't really know what else to say... soooo... yeaaahh... nice work.
(it's hard for me to write things when I'm emotional)

There are not enough 'YASSSSSS' s in the world to express how I feel for this

I haven't even read it yet but I already like it.

Once upon a time there was an author named Twinkletail. One day Twinkletail wrote a story that began as a comedy and then swiftly sucker punched the reader with feels. It was a pretty good story despite some questionable choices. The story, well deserving of a like received one immediately.

4550162 so you're saying that polyamory has to happen more so that you'll expect it got it right on it

This is a great story. I enjoyed every second of it. :rainbowlaugh:

I am so very, very tempted to down‐vote for the ending. While I imagine Fluttershy might suggest this I do not see Twilight being spineless or stupid enough to even consider the idea of a inviting a pony into their relationship that has shown has shown an express interest in her heretofore partner yet feels nothing but disdain for her. This is not merely a poor foundation for a relationship… this is either a complete waste of time or a recipe for her to get hurt.

4322071

I'm like two years late to the party, but completely agreeing with this. The fact Fluttershy even brought this up to Twilight is ridiculous of her and one of the reasons I don't like Fluttershy as a character in fanon or canon. There is a limit to 'kindness' before it turns into abuse one way or another. In the years since this fic ended, Fluttershy learned a bit of that dealing with the Breezies. Not enough, but it's there. Thinking that ponies who bring down other ponies don't deserve anything other than kindness in return is the height of idiocy, especially once she lists herself there with them just because she had to reject someone who was being an asshole - due to already being in love and in a relationship with someone else.

Then Twilight agrees with it? Just... letting her romantic partner, her lover, her marefriend, off with someone who - while no longer seeming to hate her guts - still doesn't like her? That's not how polygamy works. That's not how relationships work. I have to wonder if this ending is a dream or something to pull up like this. "Oh no I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, how about we start our own relationship between you and me? I'll get the person who loves me to agree to it because they can't say no to me while I'm hurt and distressed over unimportant things."

Hrrgh. Loved the rest of the story, ending killed it for me.

Re-reading this for the first time in awhile and I want to reiterate that I just utterly love it.

Login or register to comment