• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 4,027 Views, 78 Comments

Forbidden Honesty - Music4ever



When a perfect day turns into a disaster only love will be able to defeat it or will it...

  • ...
14
 78
 4,027

Bonding

The best proof of love is trust~Joyce Brothers

The last thing Applejack felt was Spike's warm arms around her as she fell asleep in his arms. Refusing to let Applejack sleep on the floor, Spike carried her to bed and decided to rest next to her just in case she would have another nightmare. As he placed her carefully on the bed, Spike couldn't stop looking at her face which seemed to glow under the moon. He felt stupid for not noticing Applejack's natural beauty sooner. He had never thought of Applejack as being weak, as she always had something to fight for, even in difficult times. She would lend a hoof to those who needed it. The first time he had set eyes on Applejack with a dress, he was amazed at how beautiful she was, although he never admitted it out loud. He admired her she was strong, honest, happy, true to herself, and beautiful…….basically, a winning combination.

"*Yawn* Wow, that was the best sleep in all my life." Applejack said, opening her eyes and finding herself in Spike's arms. She was blushing ferociously and her heart was going as fast as a train from the close distance that she was from Spike. Why in the hay was she acting like this?

"Applejack, you're awake!!!!" Spike let go of Applejack while he talked.

"Good morning Spike."said Applejack.

"How did I get here?" Applejack asked, noticing that they were on a bed instead of the floor.

"I carried you over here cause I didn't want you to sleep on the floor."

"Thanks Spike." her voice came out tender and soft, a side that Spike never knew about her.
"Spike I......about the book, what it said, do you understand what needs to happen?"Applejack asked.

"I need to...to fall in love with somepony." Spike told Applejack while he gazed into her eyes.

There was that feeling again tenderness and care. Since when did he care that much about her? How did it even happen?

Applejack broke eye contact and got up from the bed. "We better find her then, we don't have much time."

Spike felt sadness when those words came out of Applejack. He had to find her, cause if it wasn't going to be Applejack, it was going to be somepony else.

"But, you're the only pony that I know that hasn't been captured by the changelings." Spike insisted.

Applejack thought about it for a second."Well then do you like somepony?"

"I wouldn't have a chance with her." Spike muttered.

"Who is it?" Applejack asked.

"Rarity." Spike said plainly.

"Did you tell her your feelings already?"

"If I do she'll deny me I know it, I'm not worth it anyways."Spike said with sadness as his eyes started to fill up with tears.

Feeling a pang of empathy, Applejack sat down next to Spike."Don't ever say that you're not worth it." Applejack whispered.

"But it's the truth." stuttered Spike.

"It ain't!"

"I will never be as great as you are."

"Spike, you don't have to be like me to be great, you already are. You saved me from the changelings, and from a timber wolf. You are a great friend, because pony or not, you're a hero…... my hero." Applejack said as she remembered the day Spike saved her.

"Thanks Applejack you're a great friend too."Seconds later, Spike realized what Applejack had told him."Wait, you remember when I saved you from the timber wolf?!"

"Yeah....why?" asked Applejack with a confused look.

Spike had a brilliant idea that could make Applejack remember everything."Come with me."
After he and Applejack went downstairs, Spike searched the bookshelf for a minute and then he came back with a blue book.

"Another book?" asked Applejack. "What's this one for?"

"You'll see." Spike smirked as he opened the book.

"*Gasp* is that me?!" Applejack inspected the four pictures that rested on each page. Every photo was organized and marked with the day it was taken, all of them showing her friends and Spike smiling along with her.

"This is every picture twilight has taken." explained Spike."This one was taken on the first day twilight and I arrived." Spike pointed to a picture. "And this one is from Applebuck season."
Spike explained every picture to Applejack, his words coming out with happiness as he remembered all the experiences they went through. As for Applejack, she observed the pictures with awe, barely believing what Spike told her. As time passed by, she couldn't shrug off the feeling of care for the dragon next to her. He had everything she was looking for in a pony um, well dragon. He was gentle, caring, kind, honest and really cute .As those thoughts invaded her mind, she started to blush. How did he manage to make her blush with the littlest things he did?

"Applejack."

"Huh, oh sorry Spike I guess I zoned out."stuttered Applejack.

"It's alright." said Spike. "Do you remember anything now?"

"No, but if you say that this happened then I trust you. I might not remember right now but I will, don't you worry."

"We should probably eat something before we leave to Zecora's house." stated Spike.

"Zecora?" Applejack said with a puzzled look.

"She's a zebra, she lives in the Everfree Forest. Don't worry, she's our friend."

"Well then we have a long way to go, come on I have some apples in bag." Applejack got up and went to grab some apples, and along the way, she swing her tail towards Spike playfully. When that got Spike's attention, he turned her way and she gave him a coy smirk before heading upstairs.

As Applejack passed by me she swing her tail my way. Surprised, I turned to see her only to find her giving me a smirk and then she left upstairs. I stayed frozen in my seat, as I had never seen her do that. My mind was full of explanations as to why she did that, although they were all good. There was one that was bugging me the most……….the idea seemed absurd, but it was a possibility that Applejack had a crush on me.

"Looks like we're very thoughtful today." Applejack said as she placed some apples and two bottles of water on the table beside Spike.

"Must be some type of cold going around Ponyville, better take cover." joked Spike.

"Hopefully the food isn't contaminated too." Applejack said in a dramatic voice.

"Haha let's hope." responded Spike imitating Applejack's dramatic tone.
"Spike."

"Yeah?"

"I…...w-wanted to know if you got any clue where my family could be, I'm worried about them." Applejack said with a very agitated tone.

"I, um, well Applebloom is with Zecora but I don't know what happened to Big Mac or Granny Smith. I'm really sorry." said Spike with guilt on his eyes.

"It's ok you didn't know this was going to happen."

"No, b-but I-I.....was the one that told you to leave them behind, I-I even promised you we would come back for them."

It took Applejack a moment to process what Spike told her, she should have been angry, but she wasn't. She couldn't be angry….. after all, he saved her and her sister, and that was something she would never forget. "It's alright Spike, I forgive you….. it wasn't your fault."

Once more, my eyes met hers and we fell into a trance again. Her eyes were full love and care. I had never seen Applejack like this before, as she makes my heart beat fast with her mesmerizing beauty, and her hair reminds me of the sunset light. Her voice has that beautiful accent that makes me want to be by her side all the time. Her laugh is a symphony for my ears, and how can I forget the way her eyes shine with her dazzling smile. She is the most beautiful pony I've ever laid eyes on, and I just wished I had realized that sooner.

"We'll find them Applejack, I promise."Spike said solemnly.

"Thanks."

Once they finish eating, they packed everything and left the library locked just in case any changeling came inside. Outside the weather was cloudy, and the streets were dead silent, almost giving you chills from emptiness in the village. It hurt Applejack to see her home town like this, although there was no damage in most of the buildings, she could feel the sadness in the air as if the invasion was happening in that moment.
Seeing Applejack shudder, Spike sneaked his arm around her and moved himself closer to her.

Applejack blushed at the sudden movement. "S-Spike what are you..."

"Don't worry Applejack everything will be solved soon. Promise."

Applejack stopped walking and turned to Spike. "I'm fine Spike don't worry about me." Once again, Applejack continued walking, this time her pace was faster. It wasn't easy for her to say her feelings………………. it never was easy since her parents left this world, but she had to keep pushing through the hard times for her family, for her friends, and herself.

Spike was tired of being pushed aside when he wanted to talk about Applejack's feelings, but this time was gunna be different. Not caring about the consequences, Spike stood in front of Applejack.

"Spike this is not the time to play!!!"Applejack's voice came out soft, but at the same time confident.

"No, I won't let you push me away again. I care about you Applejack, and it's killing me to see you like this. I'm sorry for everything that is happening, but we'll fix it. You don't have to keep your feelings hidden you can trust me."

"Spike I'm-" Applejack started speaking but was soon cut by Spike.

"Don't you dare tell me you're fine!" Spike shouted. "We both know that's not true!"

Applejack froze in her place, thinking what to do next. He was right, she was far from fine. She wanted to run away from her mistakes, her past and Spike.This time was going to be different………... no more of her hiding her feelings…………... this is it.

"You're right Spike…... I'm not being honest with you, and I think you deserve it."admitted Applejack. "Come on, let's go to the farm then we'll talk."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been thinking about the words chrysalis said to me. They were full of hatred and anger, and she was planning something horrible no doubt. If only I could use my magic....*sigh* I'm not giving up! I can't, I won't.

"We need to do something and we need to do it NOW!" screamed Twilight.

"Twilight calm down, you're scaring me." whispered Fluttershy from the corner.

Twilight walked towards Fluttershy and gave her a comforting hug. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have screamed at any of you like that. It's just that.....we need to help them." explained Twilight.

"Wait! I got an amazing idea that’s super duper, incredible, awesome-" Pinkie pie was stopped when Rainbow dash put her hoof over Pinkie's mouth.

"We get it, it's awesome, get to the point." Rainbow Dash responded with an annoyed expression.

"First, Rainbow Dash will "get out of here", meaning that most of the changelings will be busy trying to capture her. Once they run after her, Twilight and Rarity will get out of here through a tunnel that is outside of this door. It's under a poster that’s pink, and that tunnel will take both of you out of here. Once outside, Twilight and Rarity will be able to use their magic.

"But what will happen to you a-and Fluttershy?" asked Twilight with worry filling her voice.

"We'll be part of the distraction just in case something goes wrong." answered Pinkie.

Tears filled Twilight's eyes. "Oh! Thank you all so much, you really are the best friends ever!"

"We would never leave our friend behind." came Fluttershy's voice from behind.

"Thank you……... I owe all of you my life."

"It's a little thanks for helping us be the best." said Rarity.

"Group hug!" exclaimed Pinkie pie while she hugged all her friends.

"We better get going!!!!" said Rainbow as she let out a little sob.

"Alright, let's go." said Twilight.

And with that last command everypony got in position giving each other a last glance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk to the farm had been silent due to them being distracted by their thoughts. Slowly, the farm came in view, and once again, Applejack cringed at the sight of her home being damaged and destroyed. Most of the ponies might be crying for losing their home, but not Applejack.
After entering Applejack's house, they sat down in the living room. Spike sat down on the couch in front of Applejack waiting for her to start talking.

"I remember the day my parents....left." said Applejack with a distant look.
"They were heading to a fair in Manehattan, and they were going t-to enter in a pie contest. It was going to be a three day trip, and they had to stay there for two days."Applejack sobbed.
"We got the news that they had won first place, one thousand bits. It seemed crazy, and I even thought it was a joke. I couldn't wait for mah parents to come home, everypony in the farm was excited." a few tears fell down Applejack's face.
"The next day, some stallions came to the farm and went to talk to mah Granny. I was outside bucking a few trees while taking care of Applebloom w-when.....I......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See Applebloom this is how you kick a tree." explained a little filly with emerald eyes, blonde hair and an orange coat.

"Applejack, Applebloom is a foal. She doesn't understand what you’re saying."said Big Mac.

"It's never too early to learn something." replied Applejack with a giggle.

"Or to eat." muttered Big Mac under his breath.

"Hey!!! It ain't my mah fault that I have a big appetite."said Applejack.

"Look an apple pie!" said Big Mac.

"WHERE!?" screamed Applejack looking everywhere, finally she noticed her brother's grin."Big Mac, you lied."

"Nope."

"Yes."

"Nope."

"Yes."

"Applejack."

"Nope."

"Did you hear that." Applejack turned her head towards her little sister.

"A-applejack." stuttered Applebloom.

Applejack looked at her sister with awe, her first word had been her name. Her sister said her FIRST word and it was HER name

"Applebloom I'm so proud of ya." cried Applejack as she gave her little sister a hug and a kiss on her forehead.

"Bet ma and pa will be proud too." said Big Mac.

"And Granny, I have to tell Granny! exclaimed Applejack. "I'll be back, take care of Applebloom."

Applejack entered the living room when she heard crying."Granny....are you alright?" asked Applejack with worry on her eyes.

"S-sit down Applejack." instructed Granny Smith, sadness in her tone.

"Something wrong Granny?" asked Applejack again.

"There...has been a terrible accident. Y-your parents........they.......they." Granny sobbed not being able to finish the horrible sentence.

Applejack felt uneasy."They what Granny……... what happened?!"

"On the way back they were.....caught up in, in a storm, a-and they couldn't find shelter on time...........Applejack." Granny Smith lifted a hoof to Applejack's cheek. "They're.......gone."

Time stopped for Applejack, the only thing she heard were those last words. It seemed surreal, as just yesterday, they had won one thousand bits and now....this, they were lying, they couldn't be.......gone.

"But-but they’re coming back………... they can't be dead."cried Applejack with tears falling down her face.
"They can't be!" screamed Applejack, hugging her Granny tighter.

"I can't neither." Granny Smith sniffed. "But.....you need to be strong for Applebloom, she's just a foal. Be strong, for Applebloom, for us and your parents." right then and there, Granny Smith placed a hat on Applejack's head as it wasn't any other hat…….. it was her mother's hat.

"Can you promise me something Applejack?"

Applejack have a little nod while she wiped off some tears.

"Never forget everything that they have taught you, but more importantly……. never forget their love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"After my parents died, I wasn't the same, how could I? From that moment I became more responsible, my family was my number one priority and all that I needed. Applebloom grew up.....not knowing the love of-of a mother or father."Applejack sobbed.

"It was my fault."

"No Applejack, don't say that." said Spike as he got closer to Applejack.

"Yes it was! I was the one that convinced them to go to that stupid fair. If they hadn't gone, they would be here and none of this would have happened!"

"You didn't know that they were going to be caught up in a storm."

"I'm the only one to blame." whispered Applejack, her head hung with shame.

"Applejack, look at me." instructed Spike.

When Applejack didn't look at Spike, he raised a claw to Applejack's chin, forcing her to raise her head and look directly in his eyes.

"Don't blame yourself for something that happen a long time ago."

"But-"

"Let them go Applejack, they wouldn't want you to be like this."

"You don't know anything about them."said Applejack as she broke eye contact.

"You're right, I don't know them, but I do know they must have been great parents."Spike took a deep breath and continued talking."I know that they raised a beautiful girl with all their love and care, teaching her how to be strong on difficult times, give a helping hoof when somepony needs it."

Applejack turned around and faced Spike once more, feeling her heart miss a beat with when she locked eyes with him. Her mind went blank at the second their eyes met.

"They raised a mare that cares about the well being of every pony around her. You saved Ponyville a lot of times without wanting something in return." Spike raised a claw to Applejack's cheek. "Applebloom isn't the only one that looks up to you.

Applejack gave Spike a confused look."What do you mean?"

"I look up to you.......a lot." admitted Spike.

"Thanks." Applejack blushed at how close they were."You're a great friend."

Right after those words left, Applejack's lips leaned closer to Spike and gave him a peck on his cheek.

I didn't see that coming at all, I can't believe Applejack just k-kiss me on my cheek. I shouldn't be surprised, after all Rarity, already kissed me too, but this kiss feels........different. Am I falling for Applejack? Why wouldn't I?

"Ya coming lover boy."said Applejack with a smirk.

"Of course I am!" said a very excited Spike.

When Spike caught up with Applejack he put his arm around her."You don't mind that I put my arm around you?"

"Not at all." responded Applejack.

"Um Applejack..."

"Yeah."

"Why did you um, kiss me..." asked Spike, a light blush on his cheeks.

"One, you're my friend and second, you helped me see that I can trust you. Thanks for being there for me Spike."

"You’re welcome."

"Come on partner, we're burning daylight." exclaimed Applejack.

With that said, both of them continued walking to to the Everfree Forest. The truth was coming to the surface, and so were their feelings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The changeling flew quickly to the throne room, he needed to speak to his queen about the latest news. Opening the doors to the throne, he bowed in front of his queen."My Queen, I bring you news."

"Go on." she said.

"It seems that the dragon and the farm pony are developing strong feeling to each other."

"So they're finally admitting their love to each other, now that's quite the sight." Chrysalis sighed. "Too bad they'll have to cut their friendship short. I love it when somepony gets their heart broken!!!"Chrysalis chuckled.

"Follow them, but don't let them suspect anything, come immediately if something else happens." instructed Chrysalis.

"Yes my Queen."after that, he walked out of the room, leaving Chrysalis to plan her attack.

Chrysalis walked away from the throne room and took a few turns and passed a few hallways until she reached a door. She took out the key and placed on the keyhole, slowly turning the key until there was a click. She entered the room quickly and with a smirk on her face as she closed the door.

"Well, well, well, look who got out of her cell...again."Chrysalis turned to face the pony. "I'm surprised your friends decided to accompany you, and I’m even more surprised to find out that Twilight and Rarity aren't in the cell I left them in." said Chrysalis.

Rainbow Dash just glared back at Chrysalis, hatred evident on her eyes.

"Where are they?"

"I'm not an idiot Chrysalis, if I say anything the first thing you'll do is go and capture them."

"I never said I'd do that." said Chrysalis, her voice coming out with innocence.

"You don't have to." retorted Rainbow Dash with an evil glare.

"And you don't have to tell me where they are, either way I'll find them." Chrysalis glared at each pony before speaking up. "It was nice talking to you, but unfortunately, our conversation will have to be cut short."

Rainbow was surprised at how short their "talk" had been, she up to something and nothing good would come out of it."Where do you think you're going?" asked Rainbow.

"I have a meeting to attend to……... with an old friend."
Chrysalis opened the door and walked out of the room, with long steps she walked to a window on the end of the hallway and opened it.

After a few seconds later a long shadow with a cloak over it stood at the frame of the window.

"Sorry for the wait, I have been quite busy with the new reconstruction of Ponyville. It is going to be the capital of chaos!!!!!" the creature took off the cloak, revealing himself to be Discord with an evil smirk.

Author's Note:

PLOT TWIST.....yes I am aware that today is Saturday and I'm sorry this chapter is late but as I said I have things going on in my life, anyways love you all and thanks for being patient.Stay Beautiful!